Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

RayFrost wrote:Content needed.
Patience.

@Prana: Since leaving your suspicions on Ray, you have actually jumped on whatever bandwagon has the most attention at the time. However, you seem to give independent reasoning for your vote so I'm not too worried about it.

@jmurph: I'm waiting on that defense.

RayFrost wrote:Your stance to parana is completely incorrect, and your speculation about his role is highly suspect and is almost certainly rolefishing. He started off a large amount of pressure, then, as other players came to attack me, he started to reanalyze his stance. NOBODY HAD ATTACKED HIM AT THE TIME. The wagon on me almost certainly would've gone through, so a) isn't really feasible, considering he hadn't been attacked and I hadn't been defended (note that you say 'few more players' come to my defense when, in your stuff about me, you say only phaen has really defended me. very nice use of stating the facts in the way that best suits making somebody seem scummy / etc).
Skill and I (upon a review) never defended Ray (and are the only two I can see as being confused as doing this). Skill actually only ever says she thinks Ray is not scum. Never says that he is likely 'pro-town'. I just wanted those who hadn't posted to get in here and do so (myself included).

Overall, the case on Apathy works on a few points:
A) His case against RayFrost is weaksauce.
B) His defense is weaksauce. He just refers to things happening but provides no context or evidence for his reasoning. (fuzzy's contradiction, where in the big wide world he gets the VT idea from Prana, where Ray goes for the easy lynch, the arguments that Phaen ignored)
C)
Apathy wrote:It is also worth note how urgently he wanted to push the lynch, though.
*snip*
I will admit that 80% of my first posts were mostly over the edge, but my idea was to stimulate a REAL reaction out of you, which sort-of worked, and also got some discussion flowing around the other members of the town.
This is major backtracking off an unpopular lynch. Backtracking of this nature, IMO, is scummy.

Reminder: We're at 9 days until deadline. This might be hypocritical, but get in here in post (especially those under attack).
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry, I've been hugely slammed this weekend with work. I will be back on later today with a much larger and more content filled post.

Before that, though,
PaltryExcuse wrote:@jmurph: I'm waiting on that defense.
What defense are you waiting on?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

RayFrost wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:I think it was jmurph taking that Ray was reacting to it, and because he reacted that means he must be scum. Not "He reacted to it, and so it means me and him are scum".
That was indeed what I meant.

Sorry I haven't been on, I plan on responding to PaltryExcuse, Apathy, and Ray's exceedingly long post, but it most likely won't be til tomorrow.
the above poster hasn't done anything since the above post
You said you were responding to me. I figured it was a defense of my attack.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:I think it was jmurph taking that Ray was reacting to it, and because he reacted that means he must be scum. Not "He reacted to it, and so it means me and him are scum".

Sorry I haven't been on, I plan on responding to PaltryExcuse, Apathy, and Ray's exceedingly long post, but it most likely won't be til tomorrow.
Whoops, that should have said Prana, not you. So I guess that's a EBWOP.

However, to respond to your last post/"attack" on me - I don't really see it as an attack, but here's what you said:
PaltryExcuse wrote:This point becomes more important when one looks at the fact that you still haven't scumhunted. You've now tunneled on Ray with other people's cases. What reason have you to believe their cases? Why aren't you looking around at others? So far, your play has been replay others' cases and then defend against attackers. This reliance and trust in these cases worries me.
I believe I've already ceded the point that I bandwagoned onto what turned into a bad wagon, and I didn't get off fast enough for everyone's liking. However, just because I wagoned did not mean I wasn't looking around for others, I just haven't had a chance to post all of my suspicions (Again, that will hopefully come later today).

You say that my play has been to replay others' cases and then defend against attackers - well, be that as it may, it's also the way the game has gone thus far. We wagoned on Ray, where I admit to basing my case off of others, that fell apart, the tide turned against me, where I defended myself, and now we're here, kind of against Apathy, and kind of apathetic (pun intended).
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:57 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:

Whoops, that should have said Prana, not you. So I guess that's a EBWOP.

However, to respond to your last post/"attack" on me - I don't really see it as an attack, but here's what you said:
PaltryExcuse wrote:This point becomes more important when one looks at the fact that you still haven't scumhunted. You've now tunneled on Ray with other people's cases. What reason have you to believe their cases? Why aren't you looking around at others? So far, your play has been replay others' cases and then defend against attackers. This reliance and trust in these cases worries me.
I believe I've already ceded the point that I bandwagoned onto what turned into a bad wagon, and I didn't get off fast enough for everyone's liking. However, just because I wagoned did not mean I wasn't looking around for others, I just haven't had a chance to post all of my suspicions (Again, that will hopefully come later today).

You say that my play has been to replay others' cases and then defend against attackers - well, be that as it may, it's also the way the game has gone thus far. We wagoned on Ray, where I admit to basing my case off of others, that fell apart, the tide turned against me, where I defended myself, and now we're here, kind of against Apathy, and kind of apathetic (pun intended).
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 am

Post by jmurph3 »

@Mod: can you delete double post? Thanks!
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Phaen »

Sorry about being absent a day or two there. Valentine's Day was awesome btw ;)

I'll have a real post coming in a couple hours.
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Phaen »

Apathy wrote:You only decided to elaborate on 1 of my several points, and yet you heaped them all together at the beginning of your statement by saying "terribad string of posts". The over-repeating of town claim was only a small part of my argument, and I find it very fishy how you wholly avoid all of my other points (including the ones from the first post in which I provoked ray) and yet still feel justified in calling my WHOLE string of posts 'terribad'. Your willingness to ignore several arguments while dedicating an entire paragraph to the only relatively bad one is noted.
Phaen wrote:...for brevity I only included an example. I also didn't want to repeat a bunch of things that have already been covered. But now that you brought it up, I would be happy to give your post #94 points some attention in a separate post.
This post is me giving Apathy's post #94 some attention.
I'm terribly sorry if I'm repeating anything that's already been picked at and such :(

@Apathy: I'm attacking your post because
your reasons are rubbish but you seem to think they aren't.
If you flip town or Ray flips scum (or both) it would not change the fact that your reasons are rubbish.

(If I use bold, its an Apathy quote)

WIFOM. Pretty sloppy if you are truly as experienced as you say.

I'm not convinced you're right about this being WIFOM because the situation doesn't really involve anyone second-guessing anyone else. But even if it was WIFOM, it wouldn't add towards your case of Ray being scum because WIFOM situations are ones where there's no possible way of telling which one with logic alone.

(Kinda off-topic, but I remember reading a long time ago that in Japan they call it Yomi or something... I'll go look for it. Ah, found an old Sirlin article!)

If you are town your win condition is to find mafia, but conversely, if you are mafia, your win condition is to kill the town. Exploring the option I find most viable currently, that you are mafia, I would say your win condition would be ultimately achieved by convincing the town that you are one of them, and using that stance to push lynches on other innocents. So far (im only quoting as far as p.1) you have tried twice to convince us that you are town.... And you know how it goes: repeat something enough and people start to believe it.

If someone convinces people they're town-aligned, it would help their win condition
no matter what their alignment
! Hence, this whole line of thought is meaningless, especially since it's based off things that were said as a joke before the game even started.
Apathy wrote:
RayFrost wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:Sooo...do we have any suspicions to start the day off? ;)
Vote Apathy with meh and be a cool kid! 8-)
A silly harmless joke, or a backhanded attempt to start an early bandwagon? Could be translated as either.
This was during the RVS. I doubt anybody was convinced you were scum. Your only post beforehand was "/confirm" :roll: Would you have taken offense if he had been making a 'bandwagon attempt' against someone besides yourself? Even if a bandwagon
had
started, I think the info we wouldn've gleaned from reactions (yours and everyone's) would have been helpful to the town.

This is the 3rd person you've accused of being scum within 2 pages.

Again, its OK - even good - if the game starts out with lots of accusations.

Posting a lot of valuable information would make me lean towards you being town, however you've mostly been switching votes based on nothing, acting defensively, and randomly accusing people with no logic or backing. If you were making a lot of posts saying "x player is scum AND HERES WHY" maybe I would be less suspicious of you

Voting people for nothing during the first couple pages is not necessarily scummy. Attacking/Defending is not scummy in itself. Its the way people do it that matters.

~~~~

The main reason I'm picking on this early post moreso than the other early ones is this: other people voting in the early pages weren't ashamed to admit there was no solid case behind their suspicions (or sometimes no reason at all). But Apathy throws together a bunch of nulltells to make it look like he's scumhunting.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Skill006 »

I was gone for the weekend because I was too far away from the computer. I apologize for making this game so slow (or at least helping it become slow).

Ok jammer, so your vote is on fuzzy. I took a look at your reasoning:
jammer wrote:fuzzy: I see a lot of questions,
and a lack of analysis.

I got the idea his posts are filled with questions towards others and a lot of
text that to me they seem like a useless filler.

My interpretation is scum, that does a act on finding scum. I see rather little if any in his posts that would help me in finding scum.

The case on jmurph started weak, that's not bad as it was rather early in-game.
The problem I more have with it, that when he is referring to jmurph, and reasons for voting her, as bad town, and not so much as possible scum.

I also don't like the contradiction, putting a FoS on prana for attacking RF, and later calling it town vs. town fight.
(All the
violet
statements are his actual points)

The lack of analysis was explained by fuzzy. But, it doesn't hurt for someone else to explain it: he doesn't like giving answers to scum, or giving them hints as to who/what to attack/feel about. It's a difference in playstyle.

The "useless filler" part isn't really strong, IMO. Although a lot of his posts seem like blocks that no one wants to read, they are helpful for newbies, and fuzzy was just trying to help some of us out with some advice.

On your 3rd point, how is fuzzy "acting" as a scum-hunter? I see him asking questions and stating his suspicions (minimally, but it's still there).

I'm just totally confused on your [2nd to] last point. Do you think you could elaborate? (so there's no confusion, I'm talking about this one:
The problem I more have with it, that when he is referring to jmurph, and reasons for voting her, as bad town, and not so much as possible scum.
If you're saying what I think you're saying, fuzzy never said he thought jmurph was "bad town".

I'll post part 2 a little later, I have a dinner to be eatin'.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Part 2:
jammer wrote:jmurph3:
Lot of useless talking in the start.
A OMGUS on one of her voters.
Did not defend herself because she thought defending yourself seems scummy.
Followed Apathy vote on RayFrost.(I think she decently explained later why she did, though.)

Lynching Ray, and looking at redbox if Frost flips town, looks really really bad.
here are thy reasons.

Her "useless talking" isn't really scummy. It's hard to get right into a game from the RVS. Even after the RVS is over, its difficult getting the swing of scumhunting and how to do it.

Your point on her OMGUS vote was backed up (if you're talking about paltry's vote), as paltry really hadn't said much at the time. He went off of fuzzy's reasoning for that.

3rd point- wut? I don't get it; when did she say she thought defending herself seemed scummy? (I looked back and couldn't find anything remotely like this; post #s, or at least a page #, or even a quote would help ^_^)

I'll answer the last portion in my next post, because I don't want just jammer to get attacked for this. I didn't look at that argument in depth before, and I didn't realize something very odd...
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Phaen »

Skill006 wrote:when did she say she thought defending herself seemed scummy?
Check Post #132
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Ah, thank you. That helps.
Ahem...
jammer wrote:Did not defend herself because she thought defending yourself seems scummy.
I can see where you're coming from then, but at the same time, Ray was being attacked for being overdefensive. One does not want to make the same mistakes as another who is being attacked, so...
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Skill006 wrote:I'll answer the last portion in my next post, because I don't want just jammer to get attacked for this. I didn't look at that argument in depth before, and I didn't realize something very odd...
I look forward to seeing what you have to say in regards to that, Skill.

Now, to my content-filled (hopefully) post, firstly, to respond to Ray,
this
was fabulous:
RayFrost wrote:Guy who caused a problem (me): *stands in front of the mob*

Mob that's pissed off (the town): *wonders if they should attack*

Mayor that's selfish and devious (apathy): *sneaks by* 'it's all his fault, get him' *leaves*

Mob: *attacks*

Guy: *defends*

Person in the mob: Guys, you know, maybe it's not entirely his fault.

Mob: *calms the fook down*

Mayor: why were you guys all rioting and getting worked up? you were being ridiculous, now settle down and work o fixing the problem, don't pass the blame to others.
I think that this quite summed up what happened nicely.

To go in to more of what Ray said, I agree with quite a lot of his points, particularly his read on Apathy's attack on Phaen. While I don't fully agree with all of Phaen's argument (acknowledging that at that point, Phaen had not finished reading all of the thread, or, as Prana put it:
PranaDevil wrote:Phaen's defense of Ray was from specific pages too, it wasn't based on the entire game, thus far he's not truly gotten to the meat and veg of the situation, and in fact has only just begun to put the knife into the pasty to get at the pie filled goodness, let alone taste it. So I fail to see where he was quick to jump at Ray's defense.
), I think that Apathy was way off with his argument.

He says,
Apathy wrote:You only decided to elaborate on 1 of my several points, and yet you heaped them all together at the beginning of your statement by saying "terribad string of posts". The over-repeating of town claim was only a small part of my argument, and I find it very fishy how you wholly avoid all of my other points (including the ones from the first post in which I provoked ray) and yet still feel justified in calling my WHOLE string of posts 'terribad'. Your willingness to ignore several arguments while dedicating an entire paragraph to the only relatively bad one is noted.

Who are you to speak for his actions, anyways? According to you, he was play-acting, but isnt the role of scum essentially being able to do exactly that for the duration of the game?

Who were the 5 people putting pressure on ray before my first post directed at him? If you had read, you would notice that it was before most players had even touched on him.

You say that he has had a more substantial defense, why dont you elaborate on that?

Also noted, NOT ONLY the fact that phaen, after having just come into the game, is so quick to jump to Ray's defense, but also his lack of any expounding on this fact. Also noted is Ray's quick confirmation of Phaens ability by saying mentioning that he likes him already. A subliminal move to confirm the entirety of phaen's post as well as his ability in a quick, smooth motion? Feels like it to me.

This entire argument seems very forced to me. Yes, Phaen focused on only one point, and it was a weak one at the time, but flipping from simply stating that Phaen didn't point out your other arguments to then asking her who she is to speak for his actions, and then accusing her of defending Ray...that logic doesn't make sense to me. It seems like a very defensive argument, which is understandable to an extent, though it should be noted that Phaen had only gotten through
page 4
by that point, and given as we're up to 17 pages now, I don't think jumping down her throat was necessary in any way, shape, or form.

And I would like to reiterate Ray's points:
RayFrost wrote:you say phaen should elaborate more on his points. maybe you should do the same, considering that many of your points are on a lesser level of detail than phaen's statement.

Why do you feel that you can just vanish for great periods of time and then blame other players for talking a lot about something you, yourself, seem to take great claim in saying you helped cause it when it is convenient for you to do so yet you shouldn't be suspected? (note: this is a deliberate loaded question, much like the one asked of phaen)
I also want to agree with Prana when he said,
PranaDevil wrote:As it stands, that last post comes across severely like trying to shift the attention onto a few people and away from yourself, which is weird as I don't think much attention has been on you beyond "Get Apathy in here to post", so I wonder why?
Totally agree with this. Up until that point, before you leaped on Phaen,
no one
was voting for you or even had said much against you. Fuzzy had said,
fuzzylightning wrote:Apathy really has to do with a lack of doing anything in this game. He made the one case against RF and hasn't been seen or heard from since, it just doesn't sit well with me.
which I think at that point wasn't sitting well with any of us because we wanted you to come pack in and post more.

And then, of course, there's the fact that after that long post after days of not posting, you seem to once again have disappeared. This is enough for me to say
FoS: Apathy

I do want to steal one more thing from Ray:
RayFrost wrote:'you are not scumhunting enough' (imo, this is a rather weak attack very early in the game in which virtually no scumhunting has been done by
anybody
. it's a catch-all accusation that could be used about virtually anybody)
If it's a catch-all accusation (which at this point I completely agree that no one seems to be doing much of it {with a few possible exceptions}), then I'm claiming it as a catch-all defense for everyone who, thus far in the game, have been accused of not scumhunting enough. :P

To respond to both Skill and Phaen, which came up after I started this point, what I said in regards to defensiveness and scum was:
jmurph3 wrote:As I've stated before (namely in my pseudo-accusation of Ray - ironic, given as he is now defending me), I consider over defense and over talking to be scumtell, in my real life experience, hence why I'm not doing either of those.
I consider
over-defensiveness
to be a scumtell. Defending oneself is absolutely a natural part of this game. But freaking out and randomly pointing fingers still seems scummy to me.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Phaen »

jmurph3 wrote:what Ray said
jmurph3 wrote:or, as Prana put it
jmurph3 wrote:to reiterate Ray's points
jmurph3 wrote:I also want to agree with Prana when he said
jmurph3 wrote:one more thing from Ray:
I'm seeing a whole lot of agreeing with "what they said."

brb I'm gonna go search all your posts from this thread to see if what I'm thinking is true...
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Being that I've made my point on Apathy, I'll only respond to jmurph's point on Ray at the very end.

Oh, and before I get told off again (I'm 27, and have run wrestling shows in the past, I don't need telling off dammit :p) for speaking for him, it was pretty much me he was talking to for a lot of it, but I do think it was an "in general" thing. In that Ray wasn't so much randomly pointing fingers to accuse others and get himself off the hook, he was trying desperately, as an SE, to get us to actually play the damned game well. He's trying to teach anyone new not to just dive in head first on the first lynch that looks plausible, and ignore the goings on around him.

Does that mean he isn't scum? Of course not, he very well could be, and by not lynching him he could have saved his skin. By the same token, even if he is scum and we lynched him, nobody (Or at least, me) would have learnt to slow the hell down and pay attention to everything.

For that, I appreciate Ray (And Paltry as well, for giving me the forum equivilant of a slap to stop me being a tit), as it's allowed me to re-evaluate the way I was playing.

So to that end, I don't think Ray was trying to get himself off the hook, as much as he was trying to plead with us to pay attention to everything else.

It just so happens that doing so opened my eyes to other things I've seen (Such as Apathy being really scummy from my view, redbox making some really weird comments, and jmurph following me, and normally I enjoy girls clinging onto me :p)
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Phaen wrote:I'm seeing a whole lot of agreeing with "what they said."

brb I'm gonna go search all your posts from this thread to see if what I'm thinking is true...
Why yes, I agreed with them. See, this has been part of my problem (and a large part of the case against me): if I agree with what was already said, I'm going to say so. This time around, I tried to explain why I agreed with it, but look, if it's been said by someone before me, I'm going to give them credit for it. And both Prana and Ray made valid points. I'm not going to deny that what others players say influence me. Is that not why we lay out our arguments, so that others can look our arguments and agree or disagree as they will?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:Being that I've made my point on Apathy, I'll only respond to jmurph's point on Ray at the very end.
While I don't disagree with a lot of what you said in your post, I'm confused as to what this is in response to...
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

It was about you saying Ray was freaking out and pointing fingers. I don't think he was freaking out, just getting frustrated that I (and perhaps yourself) were just staring at him and focusing all the attention in that direction, and ignoring everything else, and therefore ignoring where we would even consider after that lynch, leaving us all high and dry.

As for your saying about your problem... I was literally just thinking that myself, I feel the major part of the case on you is "you've agreed with others" and it's true it is, and maybe it's that I'm just posting too damned much and along with Ray, are just finding as many issues that could be possible scum as possible, and that in itself isn't an issue, yeah you should agree with things that get brought up.

But by the same token, not much new has been brought to the table by yourself beyond the agreeing, now I admit that could be partly because of certain things, but I feel that's why there's a fair few people thinking you may well be scum. A lack of actual scum hunting, and a large amount of "he said that, and I agree" posts, but no "I however spotted this" or "I think this instead".

But to be honest, I'm not sure if a lynch based on that would be good right about now, especially as in my view, Apathy has been much scummier at this point.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Skill006 »

...This:
jmurph3 wrote:To me, this only adds to the suspicion mounting on redbox, and while it's not enough yet for me to switch off of Ray, it is enough for me to think that he's prime suspect if Ray flips town.
...Got blown up a lot more than it should have been. How is this scummy? How is this "setting up lynches?" I know there's a lot less steam then there was on this before, but I just wanted to bring it back up because so many people followed this case and I really can't understand why.
Ray wrote:So, basically, you are setting up lynches.

consider the following sequence...

ray flips town (I will)

go after redbox

redbox flips town

scum-jmurph would loooooveeee this.

setting up lynches like this is scummy.
...No. You're assuming that is what jmurph said/implied, and trying to use it as an attack.
...And then he wrote:And what you literally say isn't always what you actually say.
First of all, what is the difference? actually=literally, right? More importantly, she explained what she meant in that she was
not
trying to set up a lynch, but that she thought if her initial ray suspicions went down the drain/ were, byt the mod, proven wrong, then her "prime suspect" would then shift to redbox.
ray wrote:...'noted is jmurph's attempt to incite a blow up / discredit me without actually putting up a real defense'...
Him being stubborn and, well, discrediting jmurph...
ray wrote:You basically say 'u r putting words in mah mouth! u is scum!' as your defense (I did it in a patronizing way for emphasis).

It's less what you say than how you say it.

Keep this kind of distinction in mind.

prime suspect / most likely lynch target, same diff.
Last I checked, putting words in someone's mouth is scummy. :|

prime suspect=|=most likely lynch target.
You don't have to lynch your prime suspect. The prime suspect would be put under suspicion, not lynched automatically as you seem to be implying.
prana wrote:The fact that she
pretty much
said "We lynch Ray, then we lynch redbox" came across extremely scummy, and made me consider whether redbox is scum or not, as if jmurph is, then it would be pretty strange to be pre-arranging to lynch her scum partner as if we lynched Ray, then went after redbox, and she tried backpedalling then, it would be a huge red flag.
...:| Your reasoning is also assuming, and misinterpreting, what jmurph said. The "pretty much" does not mean she
did
say that. She never said "we should lynch one then the other", she said "redbox will be
prime suspect
if ray is lynched."

Not sure why other people (fuzzy, jammer) followed this, too. Seriously, this was a pointless argument that doesn't prove anyone is scum.

So, now that I have rebutted
that
point to the best of my ability...
well, jammer needs to post really soon.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by RayFrost »

agreeing isn't scummy.

not voting apathy despite agreeing so much is scummy (especially when you are voting a proponent of the apathy-wagon)
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

skill's posting is very restricted in what it covers.

GIVE A STANCE ON WHAT IS GOING ON ALREADY!
don't you feel silly now?
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:It was about you saying Ray was freaking out and pointing fingers. I don't think he was freaking out, just getting frustrated that I (and perhaps yourself) were just staring at him and focusing all the attention in that direction, and ignoring everything else, and therefore ignoring where we would even consider after that lynch, leaving us all high and dry.
Ah, gotcha. Actually, in that post, I wasn't referring to my original post where I was calling out Ray, I was actually referring more to Apathy and the way he leaped on Phaen.
PranaDevil wrote:I was literally just thinking that myself, I feel the major part of the case on you is "you've agreed with others" and it's true it is, and maybe it's that I'm just posting too damned much and along with Ray, are just finding as many issues that could be possible scum as possible, and that in itself isn't an issue, yeah you should agree with things that get brought up.

But by the same token, not much new has been brought to the table by yourself beyond the agreeing, now I admit that could be partly because of certain things, but I feel that's why there's a fair few people thinking you may well be scum. A lack of actual scum hunting, and a large amount of "he said that, and I agree" posts, but no "I however spotted this" or "I think this instead".
I know that I haven't brought up much new...believe me, if after a billion posts saying as such I still hadn't gotten the message...oy. But part of the problem is that most of what I've spotted
has
been stated already. And most of my other reads are coming off of people not posting, rather than what they're actually posting. So I'm a tad frustrated at this point, needless to say.

I want fuzzy to make a post that has more content in it than his last few; I understand that he doesn't want to give scum too much info, but a bit more info from him wouldn't exactly hurt the town. I want jammer to post more. I want Phaen to continue catching up (I'm not sure if she has all the way or not). I want Apathy to come back and defend himself more. I want Skill to keep posting. And until all those things happen, I'm unfortunately only able to say, "I agree!"

@Ray: I'm not voting yet because I want Apathy to defend himself a bit after what's been said. If he chooses not to do so, I will reevaluate my position, needless to say.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Skill006 »

ray wrote:skill's posting is very restricted in what it covers.

GIVE A STANCE ON WHAT IS GOING ON ALREADY!
It was "restricted" because I was laying out a case against jammer, not everyone. And I'm really sorry about my slow movement in the game. I'll post more if I get the chance, but unfortunately it took me long enough to get that post up and I have a ton of math to do. I'll give some of my suspicions, so that I don't completely neglect my comittment, but I'll have to back it up later ^_^;;

Mafia

jammer
phaen/redbox (more redbox)
|
fuzzylightning
apathy
|
RayFrost
pranadevil
jmurph

uhh, yeah...I think this is how I pictured it...

Sorry, I suck at this game AND I haven't been posting...but I have to go suck at life now.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Skill006 »

EBWOP Paltry should be tacked on the bottom of that list, by the way.
(ok, so the last post was prob. useless, but I reelly, reelly don't have a lot of time right now). I know, its frustrating when we're all not here, but I'm trying... and I will see you all tomorrow.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Phaen »

jmurph: Sorry if you're getting frustrated :(
Is there anything half the town
did
agree with that you did not?
RayFrost wrote:agreeing isn't scummy.
Agreeing, by itself, is not scummy. But to me it seems like jmurph goes along with whatever everyone else is saying at any given time. I'm reading through his posts and the only people he's openly disagreed with were people who were under fire, or people who were attacking him.
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”