Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Anon »

Just got back from a long trip.

Everyone but sog has shot so far. His claim cant be proven, seems illogical in a game with no other power roles claimed. /I think we should massclaim to check this, though. Also, just thought of something, correct me if Im wrong, but since this is a semiopen game and there is a mafia PM in the OP, that means that at least one mafia is not 1-shot vig.

Still thinking charter and chamber/fonz are town, so my choice for voting would be between (sog, dos and ortolan).

Ortolan, please explain clearly in your next post why do you think I am scum.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Claiming seems like a bad idea at this point, unless the scum just wants to come forward and claim.

Any counterclaim that came forth as a result of my claim would have to be from scum, but since mislynching me won't end as a win, a counterclaim is not something the scum can afford.

If there were any other town power roles, I would have been counterclaimed immediately, and if they were sincere, town would have lost as one of our mislynches would have almost certainly led to the other (due to conflicting information of town power roles having/not having shots). This didn't and would not have happened.

Of those of you left, charter's kill is the one that made the most sense to me. Ortolan's kill fit his play, though I disagreed with the target as yabbaguy was one of my stronger town reads and didn't understand where ortolan saw any scuminess. chamber did more or less what he telegraphed that he would do with his first post, so I think Fonz is likely good, as if chamber was scum i think it would have been foolish to immediately follow the case of his scumbuddy with his shot. Anon and DragonsofSummer both made very odd kills.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

semioldguy wrote: If there were any other town power roles, I would have been counterclaimed immediately, and if they were sincere, town would have lost as one of our mislynches would have almost certainly led to the other (due to conflicting information of town power roles having/not having shots). This didn't and would not have happened.
This makes not one iota of sense. Also, there's a bit of a fundamental contradiction of thought here- if there are town without shots and scum with, knowing who has one doesn't help.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

If you don't explain where or why something doesn't make sense, then you are making no effort to correct anything or even attempt to understand the point I am driving at. It makes sense to me and I do not see any contradiction.
The Fonz wrote:if there are town without shots and scum with, knowing who has one doesn't help.
If there are town POWER roles that both do and don't have shots, then the one claiming power and a shot is almost certainly fake (unless having the shot is part of what the role does) because I didn't get a shot with my role.

If you are referring to my ability being useless, I disagree and don't think that what you are saying makes sense because knowing who has a shot could have been a help. As the game has come this far, apparently I am the only town role without a shot, so from the setup standpoint it is not possible for me to investigate a town without a shot assuming I don't investigate myself. As far as scum who have a shot, then it's just like having an investigation immunity, like a godfather role in any other mafia game.

Knowing who has or doesn't have a shot right now isn't any help, I agree with that and said as much in my first post today; but having known who did or didn't earlier could have been very helpful.

What is the contradiction here?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Anon »

Ortolan, please explain clearly in your next post why do you think I am scum
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by charter »

Only a little bit left...
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by charter »

I'm actually starting to think ortolan is scummier than SOG (though most of why I want to lynch SOG is he can't shoot and so far two scum couldn't shoot). Really just waiting for the dragons situation to hopefully resolve itself first, though.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Anon »

I isolated sog and found myself agreeing with my past about him being very active and reasoning town from the beginning.

But

I really dont think we can trust him being an unprovable power role in what appears to be a all vanilla game with two dead scum that didnt shoot and an op that says the same thing.

And.

I dont see the game moving or people caring but charter.

Vote: Semioldguy.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by charter »

MOD, request modkill on Dragons for not posting in over a week
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 am

Post by The Fonz »

If I didn't already think charter town, that last post would be very revealing.

@Anon, I care, but... I don't really see anything but a SOG lynch happening. I'm still conflicted because he looked so very town, but... i guess i'll get round to voting in the next couple days. Do want to see how the Dragons scenario shakes down.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by charter »

Can we get a vote count too, please?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote Count

SoG (3): DoS, ortolan, Anon
No-lynch (1): The Fonz

4 to lynch.

Looking for replacement for DoS.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 am

Post by semioldguy »

A DragonsofSummer kill could only be helpful to town. Either eliminating a top suspected town member or eliminating scum. I the former case it is helpful to town because we don't actually lose a day from the kill since we are at an even number of total players.

That being said though, I don't think he fit the schema of being modkilled and should be replaced instead. Looking at malpascp, he delibrately avoided the game, DragonsofSummer just isn't around. (much in the same way chamber was eventually replaced by The Fonz)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 am

CryMeaRiver replaces DragonofSummers. Greet him and get a-lynchin!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 am

Post by charter »

Damnit.

I'm finding myself wanting to lynch Dragons over SOG. There is absolutely no way I can imagine Dragons being town. It's just not possible. A modkill on him would have been ideal since we're at even numbers.

There's things pointing towards SOG being town and things pointing towards him being scum.

Anon, what do you think of lynching dragons over SOG?
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Anon »

We are 6. Assuming worse scenario, 2 scum left. We are effectively in Lylo. This means that we have to pick scum today and go to an awful 3-1 endgame.

As I said in my previous post and as much as I like sog's play during the whole game, I really dont think we can trust him being an unprovable power role in what appears to be a all vanilla game with two dead scum that didnt shoot and an op that says the same thing.

What makes you think dos is obv scum? Im finding myself thinking that dos and ortolan are both in the same level of scumminess.

Hope the replacement gives me a better idea of dos player slot.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by charter »

Dragons has like ten posts all game. Nothing in any of them is indicative of him being town. He shot dramonic as soon as someone mentioned his name. He never explained why. All he's done is lurk and be scummy.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Making these posts as I'm reading through the thread...
If your target is inside the safezone, a random pro-town player will die inside the safezone instead.

What if there is only one player in the safe zone and he's targeted?
He dies -Albert

yabba, there are no power roles.
This is a closed setup. I have provided sample "vanilla" type role PMs.
Do the PR's have a dayvig too? If not, that would throw a wrench into things
ABR, how do we dayvig? bold in-thread or PM, or both?
In-thread. I don't approve of cowardly PMs.
Does the GAT post who he protects publicly or PM you?

Edit: Apparently its a secret

Don't like this post from SoG:
If the Safe Zone is found to be beneficial to town in some way or another later in the game and we haven't been putting anyone in there, then we are behind and disadvantaging ourselves. If it turns out we find reasons to believe that the gated area is most beneficial to scum, then town should have no qualms stepping out of it. As it stands now, I don't see the harm in placing people there who we think are most likely town.

It sounds like a pro-scum thing to say...But I do like his idea about using the safehouse so scum can't control the game

Don't like this post from Chamber:
No need to prod me, I'll vig when ready.

This is his first post. It comes across to me that he has been lurking the entire time, but monitoring the game... :?

Why does Cobalt keep saying that you "can't fake the dice"??? It's very easy to fake the dice by just not using dice at all...glad he was caught scum

Charter comes across as sure town to me
Only to page 12, but thought this post would help now

Nothing I have come across has indicated SoG being sure scum yet and we might be at Lylo (i think...), so for right now,
Unvote

Who hasn't used a dayvig that's still alive?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Anon wrote:We are 6. Assuming worse scenario, 2 scum left. We are effectively in Lylo. This means that we have to pick scum today and go to an awful 3-1 endgame.

As I said in my previous post and as much as I like sog's play during the whole game, I really dont think we can trust him being an unprovable power role in what appears to be a all vanilla game with two dead scum that didnt shoot and an op that says the same thing.

What makes you think dos is obv scum? Im finding myself thinking that dos and ortolan are both in the same level of scumminess.

Hope the replacement gives me a better idea of dos player slot.
Yeah, I thought we might be at lylo
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Sorry for the triple post, but do we have a GAT right now? I doubt it, but just making sure...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:36 pm

CryMeARiver wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but do we have a GAT right now? I doubt it, but just making sure...
Nope
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but do we have a GAT right now? I doubt it, but just making sure...
Nope
Ok, just throwing a thought out there, but
Could it benefit town in any way to elect one right now? It seems not to have been discussed lately, and I don't entirely understand the Gat, so could it?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by charter »

Actually, a GAT
would
benefit us here. What we would need to do is GAT the person we're going to lynch, that way we know they aren't scum (or if they are, they die and it won't matter) and let them to GAT the person they think is most town and two others, that way if scum try and kill someone who is thought to be town, there's a chance they instead kill someone everyone is less sure of. Basically we turn the NK from scum controlled to random, which I think is better for the town.

It would be important for the person GATed to not publicly post who they have GATed.

Ugh, this is, once again, making me pause on SOG, since he brought this up at the beginning of the game and it seemed pretty town then.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

charter wrote:Actually, a GAT
would
benefit us here. What we would need to do is GAT the person we're going to lynch, that way we know they aren't scum (or if they are, they die and it won't matter) and let them to GAT the person they think is most town and two others, that way if scum try and kill someone who is thought to be town, there's a chance they instead kill someone everyone is less sure of. Basically we turn the NK from scum controlled to random, which I think is better for the town.

It would be important for the person GATed to not publicly post who they have GATed.

Ugh, this is, once again, making me pause on SOG, since he brought this up at the beginning of the game and it seemed pretty town then.
Why would we Gat the person we're going to lynch? And why would we lynch someone "we know aren't scum" if we might be at Lylo?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by charter »

Gat the person you lynch that way you ensure they're acting in the town's best interest. If you Gat someone and then don't immediately kill them, you are left wondering their alignment and whether they are actually helping the town out.

You don't lynch someone you know isn't scum, we're still trying to lynch scum, but we Gat the person before we lynch them, that way, they're either scum and who they Gat won't matter, or they're town, and we know they're trying to help the town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”