MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sakako wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Sakako could be newbie town or newbie scum, but im leaning newbie scum, mostly not only because of his early play behavior, but because he and Neto seem very reluctant to attack each other on anything, increasing the likelyhood that they are scum partners imho. I think this is poor scum play rather than newbie town play. Townies are usually more prone to disagree with each other, especially considering the level of scumminess both of them have shown.
Uhm... what? I voted Neto right at the start. Sure, it was a flimsy reason, but it was still an attack. Don't misrepresent me.
I never said you had never attacked Neto, I said you were reuluctant to tattack him, so it look like you are misrepping me.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sakako wrote:Misrepresentation Team: Monkey x Kyle?

^_^;
Do you honestly believe we've pegged two of the scum on D1? This early?
green shirt thursdays
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Lowell »

This has the makings of a game where lurkerscum could carry the day.

reckoner and sak look town to me, but both have an annoying habit of nitpicking.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Sakako »

No, I'm trying to hunt, though. I'd like to hear your opinion on this, Reck. what do you think about the
possibility
?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Lowell: Why does Sakako look town? Nitpick as much as you'd like.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Lowell »

I just have a strong newb-town vibe from him in iso. I realize that's not the most satisfying answer.

I also think scum would have figured out the way to win this is to lurk to high heaven. With the "gotcha" idiocy going on it's what I'd do.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lowell wrote:I just have a strong newb-town vibe from him in iso. I realize that's not the most satisfying answer.

I also think scum would have figured out the way to win this is to lurk to high heaven. With the "gotcha" idiocy going on it's what I'd do.
So, who is lurking?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Lowell »

Geez I dont' know, a bunch of people. What has nik done, for instance, other than closely monitor the vote count and post one-liners w/ happy faces? No one thinks that's strange?

unvote, vote nik
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sakako wrote:No, I'm trying to hunt, though. I'd like to hear your opinion on this, Reck. what do you think about the
possibility
?
Sure - it'd be nice if that was true, but I just think the statistical likelihood of that happening is slim to none. Honestly, I think it's much more likely that one of them is scum, and we haven't even touched on the other scum yet due to lurkerness.
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Netopalis »

How specific. Let's get a bit more detail, shall we? Lowell, I'm going to need a rundown of every player here and your opinions on them.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Netopalis »

(Sorry, that was in reference to Lowell.)

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Lowell wrote:Geez I dont' know, a bunch of people. What has nik done, for instance, other than closely monitor the vote count and post one-liners w/ happy faces? No one thinks that's strange?

unvote, vote nik
I don't necessarily find that INCREDIBLY strange because Nik lurks a lot. >.>
green shirt thursdays
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Sakako »

Okay, Reck, well if you think that one of them is scum, let's weigh up the arguments, and see who looks scummier, thus finding a lynch target for today?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You mean out of kyle and you?
green shirt thursdays
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Sakako »

Well, no, out of Kyle and Monkey, cause you said it was much more likely for one of those to be scum than both.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

YAY! The mod wroted in my post again.

Ok down to buisness. I'm not going to hold Lowell's vote against him because I feel the same way.
Kyle seems to be acting like scum would and I am beginning to suspect him more than Monkey. Basically they are no.1 and 2 in my book at the moment and thus I would be happy with either of those lynches at this point in time.

That's my basic veiw of all the 'under scrutiny' peoples atm.
Don't @ me.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sakako wrote:Okay. I'm not meaning to be defeatist. I should probably play a few more newbie games before trying to play with the big guys, but here's what I'm thinking.

xReck - most probably town. Either that, or very good scum. He's been hunting pretty much from the get-go, and that's good. I like that play.

Neto - more likely town than not. Just a gut feeling for now.

Kyle - not sure what to think. I'd like for him to provide a link to the game which he's using as meta for Monkey.

Monkey - quite possibly scum. I don't really have any new reasons for this, but I really don't like the way he shifted the discussion from him as scum to random x as scum.

Almaster - not quite sure here either.
Lowell - likewise.

DRK - Quite possibly town, for same scumhunting reasons as xReck.

Esp - possibly town. Making some good attempts at hunting.

Bob, Nik - possibly scum, lurking somewhat.

Hito - unsure. Possibly town though, making some good cases against me.

If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know.
You seem to think that most of your attackers are town. Why do you think so?
Reckoner wrote:He's seemingly too scummy to be scum. I know people think it's a null tell or logical fallacy
I know where you're coming from with this and it's been giving me some trouble too. It's starting to remind me a bit of GreenDude from that game where you were fisherman. I still think Sakako is scum though.

Someone mentioned Neto as likely scum recently and I can see some logic in it. Unfortunately, I'm so lazy right now that I don't feel like finding who said it.

Sakako's recent posts of trying to narrow it down to either Monkey or kyle are very scummy. False dichotomy much? To make it even better, they blatantly piggybacked off Reckoner's suspicions.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Someone mentioned Neto as likely scum recently and I can see some logic in it. Unfortunately, I'm so lazy right now that I don't feel like finding who said it.
That was me...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sakako wrote:Well, no, out of Kyle and Monkey, cause you said it was much more likely for one of those to be scum than both.
I don't...

What is...

I'm trying...

...I've clearly stated multiple times that I would not support a MM wagon at this juncture, and would support a kyle99 lynch, and would probably still support a Sakako lynch.
green shirt thursdays
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Sakako wrote:Okay. I'm not meaning to be defeatist. I should probably play a few more newbie games before trying to play with the big guys, but here's what I'm thinking.

xReck - most probably town. Either that, or very good scum. He's been hunting pretty much from the get-go, and that's good. I like that play.

Neto - more likely town than not. Just a gut feeling for now.

Kyle - not sure what to think. I'd like for him to provide a link to the game which he's using as meta for Monkey.

Monkey - quite possibly scum. I don't really have any new reasons for this, but I really don't like the way he shifted the discussion from him as scum to random x as scum.

Almaster - not quite sure here either.
Lowell - likewise.

DRK - Quite possibly town, for same scumhunting reasons as xReck.

Esp - possibly town. Making some good attempts at hunting.

Bob, Nik - possibly scum, lurking somewhat.

Hito - unsure. Possibly town though, making some good cases against me.

If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know.
You seem to think that most of your attackers are town. Why do you think so?
Reckoner wrote:He's seemingly too scummy to be scum. I know people think it's a null tell or logical fallacy
I know where you're coming from with this and it's been giving me some trouble too. It's starting to remind me a bit of GreenDude from that game where you were fisherman. I still think Sakako is scum though.

Sakako's recent posts of trying to narrow it down to either Monkey or kyle are very scummy. False dichotomy much? To make it even better, they blatantly piggybacked off Reckoner's suspicions.
I agree with these sentiments. It might be a bit much to think that Neto, Sakako and Kyle99 are ALL scum, but I'm pretty sure one of them are. I've played with kyle99 as scum in another game and if I remember he wasn't incredibly active. My top 3 scum at this point are Neto, Kyle and Sakako although I recognize the possibility of lurker scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mod: please prod/replace Nikanor

I prodded him this morning. He answered to my prod. I'm not going to replace him since he responded in thread with an intention of keeping posting. Patience. The only person currently close to a prod is almightybob. ~KittyMo
green shirt thursdays
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 am

Post by almightybob »

Mod wrote:The only person currently close to a prod is almightybob. ~KittyMo
ORLY.
Apologies for the lack of activity over the weekend. Valentine's Day and all that, I had to pretend to actually like my girlfriend for 24 hours in a row. I don't think she bought it.

Anyways, back to what's important in life - Mafia.

I'm confused by Sakako. I didn't like Page 5 from him one little bit, and he's continued with the AtE defence since. Then he's leaving, then he's back. I'm not sure what to believe. I'm starting to see where Reck's coming from with the Too Scummy (yes logical fallacy blah blah).

I need to go over the case on Monkey. I don't like his habit of dismissing arguments without actually responding to them though.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

So I missed a day because I was doing various things and I was all worried about missing four pages. But uh, wow. There is a lot of noise in here and I didn't really miss much~

I'm speaking mostly of the Neto/Monkey tiff. They are most of the reason why this page count is so big and the actual crunch is so small. Generally when you get those whirligig sprials of 'rah rah misrep' I'm inclined to hand out town points to the both of them because generally townies care a lot more about their cases and assume anyone who doesn't understand theM MUST BE SCUM, whereas scum more often than not are willing to switch their case to whatever the other person thinks it is if it'll get their support. However, I think it's more of a null tell for Neto - he seems to be more involved with the formal case aspect of the game than most and thus would care more about those regardless of role.

I also can't help noticing they went from voting for each other to voting for the same person (Sakako). It could have been a scum tactic to spar a bit, then claim 'olol guess we are just too incompatible agree to disagree, hey partner how bout we lynch ourselves a sakako.' To be honest I don't read bussing in Neto v Monkey but that doesn't mean it's there.

Oh my god 'misrep' is being thrown around left and right here. Hey everyone - scum are not out to deliberately twist your words most of the time! 95% of the time, when someone posts something that assumes you hold a view you don't, it's because they simply don't understand your viewpoint! Most people hand out town points to anyone simply for understanding their viewpoint (I know I do if I'm not watching for it), so as scum there's generally not a whole lot of incentive to deliberately misrep someone.

Ugh and ms is lagging when I try to keep reading. I'm gonna go to calculus lecture, I'll post more whenever this damn site decides to play nice again.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I want moar from almightybob and Nikanor.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Good luck getting anything out of Nikanor. I was in a game with him recently and he promised to "post something tomorrow" roughly 7 times. He never fulfilled any of those in a timely fashion.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”