She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

^^ Isn't reading the thread.

But thanks for submitting your burn. Please do not vote further
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

You should probably assign someone else to participate in lynching fifi, since we now need 2 votes to do so. I'm one of them.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

fhq, you're helping hammer, so don't burn.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by bv310 »

Note to self: Read who is voting who before submitting dissent post.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Cruciare informed me of a V/LA for a day or two. J.R and fhq should be checking the thread soon.

Vote Count 1.6
  • The1fifi
    (AlmasterGM - Fate - J.R -
    Cobalt
    - McGriddle)

fhqwhgads
    (The1fifi -
    popsofctown
    )

popsofctown
    (bv310)

Not Voting
    (Cruciare - fhqwhgads -
    popsofctown
    - Iecerint -
    bv310
    - popsofctown - Cobalt)
With eleven alive, it takes six to lynch.
Click here to check on the deadline.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

thefifi wrote:there goes ur burning strategy.
What. The. F.?

I think we have scum caught here.
thefifi wrote:Sorry almaster and cruciare
Nice.
AlmasterGM wrote:Anyway, I'm not scum, so fifi clearly isn't completely mentally incapacitated. AFA burning Cruciare goes, I think it's a bad play. As evidenced by fifi's self-vote, the scum clearly want this round's burn plan to fail, so letting them manipulate the targets seems like a Very Bad Idea.
I disagree. Finding confirmed town is also in our interest. Plus we get the use of the commander for another night.
Iecerint wrote:Who was it that said that Alma was confirmed town after he shot SC earlier? I forgot.
That was me, and my words was 'as close as we get to a confirmed town'. Obviously, I'm not advocating this stance anymore.
popsofctown wrote:fhq, you're helping hammer, so don't burn.
Woah. Almost missed this.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

@ALL: Please reselect burn votes. I think scumclaims merit a revote. I select Cruciare for burn now.

Incidentally, if i'm not mistaken only Cruciare is the one who hasn't burned 1 yet. (iec and fhq have both been assigned to lynch fifi). Please do so when you come back to the thread Cruciare, it will be done whether or not the majority/plurality of the town selects you as a burn target. Just vote any player that is no where near lynch threshhold. me, cobalt, mcgriddle, whatevs.

I'd also like to hear what you think of fifi's last actions, cruc.
"Well, I..."
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 am

Post by McGriddle »

popsofctown wrote:@ALL: Please reselect burn votes. I think scumclaims merit a revote. I select Cruciare for burn now.

Incidentally, if i'm not mistaken only Cruciare is the one who hasn't burned 1 yet. (iec and fhq have both been assigned to lynch fifi). Please do so when you come back to the thread Cruciare, it will be done whether or not the majority/plurality of the town selects you as a burn target. Just vote any player that is no where near lynch threshhold. me, cobalt, mcgriddle, whatevs.

I'd also like to hear what you think of fifi's last actions, cruc.
do I need to burn vote? I am a little confused.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Iecerint »

If you have already voted once today, you do not need to vote again. You have already voted today. You do not need to vote again.

You DO need to amend your FoS-ish vote of who you want to burn 8 votes for a nerfed extra investigation, if necessary.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Fate »

I'm not sure Cruciare even understands what burning means, or any of the rest of the thread that matters.

Still want Almaster or Cruicaire to burn, in that order (not just because that is who he claimed his scum buddies to be, either).
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Cruciare, vote and unvote me 9 times.
"Well, I..."
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Interestingly, he doesn't seem to be here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wha? I'm the only one who yells v/la in my games and continues to check secretly?

nvms
"Well, I..."
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

Post by Fate »

OK NOW ALMASTER GETS TO BURN!
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 am

Post by Cruciare »

Well no I haven't officially declared V/LA, and I read the thread just now. Forgive my absence, just really busy saving the world or something.

I do understand what 'burning' itself is, what I don't get is what exactly the number the commander sees at the end of the night is going to tell us (taking into account commander bonuses and power roles). I take it that everybody burning one is an essential part of the strategy even though I don't really get it, so here you go
Vote: Pops, Unvote
. As for burning the other 8, I'm just wondering what the incentive for me to do that is.

Regarding Fifi's recent actions, it's just outed scum trying to spread confusion IMO (I've seen this in another game where dead people could talk). He's obviously not outing his actual scumbuddies since I'm not scum, and though he *could* be including one town and one actual scum I don't think Alma is scum either.

Again, ridiculously busy. I'd ask to be replaced out, but I myself am experiencing first hand how annoying replacements are so I'd feel bad for RC.
[i]My horse is a motorbike; your argument is invalid.[/i]
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Everyone burning one just reduces the noise the Commander has to deal with when he looks at the vote total. Keeping everything else the same makes counting easier.

The Commander can estimate whether his count is 8-10 points lower than it would otherwise have been. If it was, you must have used his CP for your voting spree, so you must be town. Does that make sense?

If you are town, burning will be good for you because it will confirm you D2. The downside is that you would probably prefer that scum burn, but that's another issue.
J.R
J.R
Townie
J.R
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:13 am

Post by J.R »

Anyway, what are we waiting for? If fifi is already confirmed as scum then why wasn't he lynched yet? I'm a bit confused with the burning plan.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Iecerint »

OK. Let me explain it with a numbered list. This should not be very difficult to understand:

1. The Mod's pre-game talk implies there is a relative abundance of town CP. (The intent was probably to allow close-to-normal voting practices, but that's irrelevant.)
2. Also, townCP does not carry over to subsequent days, so that's a lot of wasted townCP.
3. Wouldn't it be great if we could put that CP to good use?

ENTER: BURNING!

4. Commanders see how much CP their team wasted at the end of each Night phase.
5. By seeing that number, Commanders can start to judge which players are unlikely to share their team.
6. So if we artificially make certain player(s) much more CP use-heavy, the Commanders can judge whether those players share their alignment by looking at how many townCP remain!

EXAMPLE

1. Suppose town would have wasted 12 CP.
2. We have Cruc burn 8 votes.
3a. townCommander sees that we actually wasted 4 CP.
4a. So Cruc must have been town. A free investigation!
3b. townCommander sees that we indeed wasted 12 CP.
4b. So Cruc must be scum. He didn't use our CP. A free investigation!

I hope that clears things up. We're only having one player burn and regulating how many times each player votes to make it easier for the Commander to determine whether 8 CP are missing, since he *may* not know how much CP he personally contributes to the pool.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:33 am

Post by McGriddle »

Iecerint wrote: EXAMPLE

1. Suppose town would have wasted 12 CP.
2. We have Cruc burn 8 votes.
3a. townCommander sees that we actually wasted 4 CP.
4a. So Cruc must have been town. A free investigation!
3b. townCommander sees that we indeed wasted 12 CP.
4b. So Cruc must be scum. He didn't use our CP. A free investigation!

I hope that clears things up. We're only having one player burn and regulating how many times each player votes to make it easier for the Commander to determine whether 8 CP are missing, since he *may* not know how much CP he personally contributes to the pool.
Wait, if town wasted 12 CP and Cruc burned 8 points, if he were town wouldn't town have wasted 12 instead of 4? I think that may be backwards.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Iecerint »

No. If Cruc is town, he uses townCP to perform his votes and unvotes. So final townCP (as seen by Commanders) will have decreased.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: Oh, I think I see what's confusing you. I'm using "waste X CP" to mean "how many CP town didn't use." I think you're confounding that sense of "waste" with the "waste" associated with Cruc burning CP.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:48 am

Post by McGriddle »

Iecerint wrote:No. If Cruc is town, he uses townCP to perform his votes and unvotes. So final townCP (as seen by Commanders) will have decreased.
oh i see, he will have 4 remaining. i though you meant something else
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Iecerint »

Note that it's possible this plan may backfire if town Commanders give like 20 CP, or if town Commanders know how much CP they give, but there are 2 town Commanders. That's why SC wanted to avoid burning D1 to establish a baseline. I think it's worth a gamble, though, since we don't have many days in a mini.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 am

Post by McGriddle »

Iecerint wrote:Note that it's possible this plan may backfire if town Commanders give like 20 CP, or if town Commanders know how much CP they give, but there are 2 town Commanders. That's why SC wanted to avoid burning D1 to establish a baseline. I think it's worth a gamble, though, since we don't have many days in a mini.
okay so he burned what are we waiting for nao?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Iecerint »

He burned 1 vote. Since everyone burned 1 vote, that isn't enough to judge his or anyone else's alignment by end-phase CP.

To make burning useful, Cruc (and ONLY Cruc) needs to expend a disproportionate amount of CP. That's why pops asked him to vote him 9 times.

In other words, Cruc hasn't burned yet and also hasn't really indicated why or whether he thinks someone else is a better a priori burn target. That's what we're waiting on. Cruc should do one of those things. Also, any players who think Cruc is not a good burn target should speak up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”