Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

bv:
You mentioned your playstyle as one that “just sits back and lets scum screw themselves over.” Who (besides Inq, if he’s your answer) do you think has “screwed themselves over” the most so far?
Cobalt:
Why did you find me scummy, and what about my play changed your mind?
CMAR:
Why that question to Farside in QS1? Wondering when to place your vote to look more town?
DDD:
Why did you refuse to at least link to one of your town games?
DoomBunny:
What was the purpose of your question to Cobalt in QS1? Was it to make sure it wasn’t you?
Dragons:
Do you think it was a good idea to ask every player the same question in QS1? Why or why not?
Ellibereth:
Why didn’t you answer my question from QS1?
Farside:
What the heck does “niggle” mean, and why would you even use such a word?
Netopalis:
Do you think this game will favor your playstyle? Why or why not?
Sanhora:
Why should Ellibereth be kept alive if she’s town?
The Inquisition:
What do you think of Cobalt’s play so far?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

To Doombunny, Sanhora, BV, Farside, Dragonsofsummer: Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?

To Debonair Danny DiPietro, CryMeARiver: Why did you vote for BV? It seems like there was probably some logic there. What was it?

Ellibereth: Why did you abstain? Why does it seem like you're trying to hide something? Is there something that you do not wish to disclose?

The Inquisition: There have been several votes against you on the last voting stage. What do you think prompted those votes, and who do you think would have been a better lynch candidate?

Cobalt: Why did you not use all of your questions for today?

Kirbyoshi: Did you intend for your vote on The Inquisition to gain a bandwagon? Do you think he would have been a good lynch candidate? Why or why not?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

farside, Cobalt, Doom, Neto: Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
Cry, Inquisition: What pro-town motivation could you have for the question you asked me in Qs1?
Everyone else: What reads do you have so far if any?
FLASH OF GREEN
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

bv310
– How much do you like the phrase “WIFOM”?
Cobalt
– Why no question for me, jerk?
CryMeARiver
When you answered my question about whether or not DragonsofSummer was the same alignment as you, you said it depended on whether he was “scum or not” and NOT “town or not”, don’t people naturally include an attribute describing themselves in that sort of statement?

Doombunny9
– Why do you assume that I would base my vote on such a stupid reason? Are you implying that I am stupid? Why or why not?
DragonsofSummer
– I completely mis-answered your question, usually I would expect that to draw a vote or some attention, why did you chose to wagon The Inquisition instead?
Ellibereth
– What’s the logic behind abstaining with your first vote?
farside22
– Why did you vote for The Inquisition?
Kirbyoshi
– If you had to describe your role as a type of apple, what apple would your role be and why?
Netopalis
– You suggest that my vote (and CryMeARiver) had some logic to it. Are you suggesting that the others votes were therefore not logical? Please explan.
Sanhora
– We have a player named Sanhora in this game?
The Inquisition
– You picked up six votes in that first go around. What is your reaction to this large bandwagon?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

bv310- Do you intend to let others do your work for you this entire game?

Cobalt- How do you think the rules of this game will impact your scum hunting, and do you feel it will force you to change from how you normally hunt?

CryMeARiver- Do you ever see gambiting as being useful to the town?

Debonair Danny DiPietro- Since you know you misanswered my question why did you choose to do so, and why would you knowingly lie?

Doombunny9- Do you believe someone should be thought town until proven scum? If so, why? If not, why?

Ellibereth- What do you feel not voting accomplishes, and do you have any suspects?

Farside22- If everyone in the town disagreed with you about the person you found scummiest, would you still pursue them?

Kirbyoshi- Why did you ask everyone except farside a serious question during this question stage?

Netopalis- If you were required to hammer someone in the upcoming voting stage who would it be and why?

Sanhora- Do you feel any of your questions from the first question stage helped you gain insight into other players alignments? Why or why not?

The Inquisition- Elaborate more on what you think specific rolefishing is, and how rolefishing of any kind can be helpful to the town?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by Sanhora »

@Everyone
During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
"I'm on the side of money."
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Max »

Key

1. bv310
  2. Cobalt
  3. CryMeARiver
  4. Debonair Danny DiPietro
  5. Doombunny9
  6. DragonsofSummer
  7. Ellibereth
  8. farside22
  9. Kirbyoshi
  10. Netopalis
  11. Sanhora
  12. The Inquisition
bv310

1. bv310
  2. How is the question "Are you town?" possessed of a stunning amount of WIFOM?
  3. TheInquisition and Doombunny took my original question, so...Why did you bandwagon on TheInquistion?
  4. How much do you like the phrase “WIFOM”?
  5. Why did you only ask one person a question? If it was a misunderstanding of the rules, why did you not catch on? If you just were'nt here, why weren't you here?
  6. Do you intend to let others do your work for you this entire game?
  7. What reads do you have so far if any?
  8. Which players did you find the scummiest (besides the one you voted for) and why?
  9. You mentioned your playstyle as one that “just sits back and lets scum screw themselves over.” Who (besides Inq, if he’s your answer) do you think has “screwed themselves over” the most so far?
  10. Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
  11. During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
  12. We have three question and answer rounds in Day 1 and only 2 in the subsequent days. Why have you not asked everyone a question?
Cobalt

1. bv310
  2. No Q from Self
  3. Why did your repeatedly refuse to describe your style of play on this site and why did you only ask questions towards certain people this round?
  4. Why no question for me, jerk?
  5. Why choose to ask a question like "Are you town" instead of asking a question that actually reveals something?
  6. How do you think the rules of this game will impact your scum hunting, and do you feel it will force you to change from how you normally hunt?
  7. Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
  8. Why did you vote for doombunny?
  9. Why did you find me scummy, and what about my play changed your mind?
  10. Why did you not use all of your questions for today?
  11. During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
  12. You said you found Kirbyoshi scummiest when you answered your questions. What made you believe that doombunny was scummier than kirboyshi by the time you voted?
CryMeARiver

1. bv310
  2. Why did you ask players to talk about their strategy when playing protown power roles?
  3. No Q from Self
  4. Why did you vote for Bv310?
  5. When you answered my question about whether or not DragonsofSummer was the same alignment as you, you said it depended on whether he was “scum or not” and NOT “town or not”, don’t people naturally include an attribute describing themselves in that sort of statement?
  6. Why would you think that we couldn't unvote for the whole day? What would be the point of that especially considering we have multiple voting stages?
  7. Do you ever see gambiting as being useful to the town?
  8. What pro-town motivation could you have for the question you asked me in Qs1?
  9. Why that question to Farside in QS1? Wondering when to place your vote to look more town?
  10. Why did you vote for BV? It seems like there was probably some logic there. What was it?
  12. You say you don't like Lynch All Lurkers and then you voted bv. Why do you think he's the scummiest player?
Debonair Danny DiPietro

1. bv310
  2. No Q from Cobalt
  3. What is your opinion on TheInquisition bandwagon and why did you answer that "the odds are likely" that you and him are the same alignment (especially since people know seem to think he's scum)?
  4. No Q from Self
  5. Assuming you're reasoning for voting bv is for asking only one person a question (As that seems the most likely), do you see the likelyhood that it was just a misunderstanding or him not being here? If so, why still vote him?
  6. Since you know you misanswered my question why did you choose to do so, and why would you knowingly lie?
  8. Why did you vote for Bv310?
  9. Why did you refuse to at least link to one of your town games?
  10. Why did you vote for BV? It seems like there was probably some logic there. What was it?
  12. Have Ellibereth's current actions been consistent with town play?
Doombunny9

1. bv310
  2. Why did you qualify your answer to my question by saying "As far as you know" instead of a simple yes?
  3. Have you ever played with Cobalt before, how did he act, and did something happen that would make him vote for you?
  4. Why do you assume that I would base my vote on such a stupid reason? Are you implying that I am stupid? Why or why not?
  5. No Q From Self
  6. Do you believe someone should be thought town until proven scum? If so, why? If not, why?
  7. Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
  8. What type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
  9. What was the purpose of your question to Cobalt in QS1? Was it to make sure it wasn’t you?
  10. Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
  12. You placed the second vote on me. Did you expect to see L-1 on me when you made that vote, and given that we have had precisely one round of voting, do you think this apparent early bandwagon is well founded or do you think it's a convenient vehicle for those who are lazy and/or scum to hide out in?
DragonsofSummer

1. bv310
  2. How did you expect your first question to find scum?
  3. Why did you put TheInquisition at L1, fully knowing that Ellibereth this round or someone next round could hammer?
  4. I completely mis-answered your question, usually I would expect that to draw a vote or some attention, why did you chose to wagon The Inquisition instead?
  5. Why ask everybody one question? Why not ask everybody a differant question?
  6. No Q from Self
  8. Which players did you find the scummiest (besides the one you voted for) and why?
  9. Do you think it was a good idea to ask every player the same question in QS1? Why or why not?
  12. You presumably waited and made your vote with the knowledge that no matter what you did, it could not possibly lead to a lynch. What was the full purpose of voting me, and do you think that if you were scum this would be an effective way of laying low by jumping onto an established bandwagon but without any hope of actually being held responsible for it (i.e. no lynch would occur).
Ellibereth

1. bv310
  2. Why didn't you vote?
  3. What do you think about TheInquistition bandwagon?
  4. What’s the logic behind abstaining with your first vote?
  5. What do you hope to gain from abstaining? Are you planning on doing it again this voting stage?
  6. What do you feel not voting accomplishes, and do you have any suspects?
  7. None From Self
  8. Why did you abstain from voting?
  9. Why didn’t you answer my question from QS1?
  10. Why did you abstain? Why does it seem like you're trying to hide something? Is there something that you do not wish to disclose?
  12. Given that our game has extremely limited opportunities for interaction, do you agree that you have (1) been evasive in both your answers and your vote and (2) this has hurt the town?
farside22

1. bv310
  2. No Q from Cobalt
  3. Why is TheInquisition scummy and who are your top scum candidates?
  4. Why did you vote for The Inquisition?
  5. Can you give us a quick summery of what you think of all the players int his game so far?
  6. If everyone in the town disagreed with you about the person you found scummiest, would you still pursue them?
  8. None From Self
  9. What the heck does “niggle” mean, and why would you even use such a word?
  12. Do you think that if Ellibereth continues his policy of avoiding actually answering questions (please reread his responses) that we'll ever be able to get a good read on him outside of vote analysis (assuming he actually makes a vote)?
Kirbyoshi

1. bv310
  2. No Q from Cobalt
  3. What did you truly expect to gain from your Q1 questions and how do you think you successfully defended yourself from the page 1 suspicions (since you received 0 votes)?
  4. If you had to describe your role as a type of apple, what apple would your role be and why?
  5. Being the person that was the first to vote The Inquisition, Were you surprised to see a bandwagon quickly form and get to L1? What were your thoughts on it?
  6. Why did you ask everyone except farside a serious question during this question stage?
  8. What type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
  9. None from Self
  10. Did you intend for your vote on The Inquisition to gain a bandwagon? Do you think he would have been a good lynch candidate? Why or why not?
  12. You have characterized my questions about roles as fishing, but given that none have actually asked for anything that could actually confirm or deny them, do you think their purpose is to allow actual power roles to very subtlely breadcrumb and then later justify/make scum when claiming justify their response later or do you think it's actually an attempt to out power roles, and assuming you believe that it's actually to out power roles do you think scum would be dumb enough to role fish in Q1 (please answer without using the term WIFOM)?
Netopalis

1. bv310
  3. If you find meta "unimportant", what made you ask the question that you did in Q1?
  4. You suggest that my vote (and CryMeARiver) had some logic to it. Are you suggesting that the others votes were therefore not logical? Please explan.
  5. Can you give us a quick summery of what you think of all the players int his game so far?
  6. If you were required to hammer someone in the upcoming voting stage who would it be and why?
  8. Why did you vote for DOS
  9. Do you think this game will favor your playstyle? Why or why not?
  10. None From Self
  12. Why dragonsofsummer? Do you think my question to him is fair?
Sanhora

1. bv310
  2. No Q from Cobalt
  3. On what did you base your answer when you answered question number 12 in A1?
  4. We have a player named Sanhora in this game?
  6. Do you feel any of your questions from the first question stage helped you gain insight into other players alignments? Why or why not?
  8. Which players did you find the scummiest (besides the one you voted for) and why
  9. Why should Ellibereth be kept alive if she’s town?
  11. NO Q FROM SELF
  12. Who do you think is the most town person now and why?
The Inquisition

1. bv310
  2. Why did you ask so many filler game theory questions?
  3. Since you don't have a chance to claim unless you are asked, this question is meant to give you the option to claim.
    Not a question, consider rephrasing in the future. I'll let it pass this once

4. You picked up six votes in that first go around. What is your reaction to this large bandwagon?
  5. What is your opinion on the bandwagon on you? Do you think any scum were on it and how many?
  6. Elaborate more on what you think specific rolefishing is, and how rolefishing of any kind can be helpful to the town?
  7. What pro-town motivation could you have for the question you asked me in Qs1?
  8. Why did you vote for ellibereth?
  9. What do you think of Cobalt’s play so far?
  10. There have been several votes against you on the last voting stage. What do you think prompted those votes, and who do you think would have been a better lynch candidate?
  12. No Q from Self
BV gets a strike for missing the stage

CMAR may have question ordder a bit out of the actual order
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Cobalt »

bv310
No Q from Self
Why did your repeatedly refuse to describe your style of play on this site and why did you only ask questions towards certain people this round?
That's two questions.
I don't track my own meta. And I didn't ask any more questions because I didn't have any more questions.
Why no question for me, jerk?
A duplicate? Hmmm...
Why choose to ask a question like "Are you town" instead of asking a question that actually reveals something?
It occurred to me that in this setup, scum might face a penalty for lying. So I decided to trigger it, if it exists.
How do you think the rules of this game will impact your scum hunting, and do you feel it will force you to change from how you normally hunt?
dunno, it's D1.
Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
Of course I expected an answer to why you refused to vote in a setup with no unvoting. Your hesitancy and avoidance of the question is noted.
Why did you vote for doombunny?
His answer to my question.
Why did you find me scummy, and what about my play changed your mind?
Your answer to my question. And it was nothing you did to take my gaze off you, it was Doombunny.
Why did you not use all of your questions for today?
See above.
During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
Elli's abstain, anyone who didn't just say "Yes" to me question, bv's refusal to participate, anyone who asked game theory or filler questions.
You said you found Kirbyoshi scummiest when you answered your questions. What made you believe that doombunny was scummier than kirboyshi by the time you voted?
I already answered this.
hatersgonnahate.gif
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

bv310
No Q from Cobalt
3) Why is TheInquisition scummy and who are your top scum candidates?
4)Why did you vote for The Inquisition?
5) Can you give us a quick summery of what you think of all the players int his game so far?
6) If everyone in the town disagreed with you about the person you found scummiest, would you still pursue them?
7) Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
9) What the heck does “niggle” mean, and why would you even use such a word?
10) Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
11) During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?
12) Do you think that if Ellibereth continues his policy of avoiding actually answering questions (please reread his responses) that we'll ever be able to get a good read on him outside of vote analysis (assuming he actually makes a vote)?
3. TheInquisition asked question that were either role fishing, policy lynching and a question that gives no feed back.
In short I based my vote on the type of questions that were asked. They were anti-town/scummy.
4. see #3 and #5
5. summary of players
bv310: Not much here. Asked only one person a question. The answer to do you have the same alignment as me is very suspect.
he's a very under the radar player from what I know.
Cobalt: Ask a question that was pointless. I don't understand why he would ask a question he wouldn't learn anything from.
He also goes on Doombunny's answer but not on BV for his answer to the question.
bv said:
I believe so, but again the WIFOM
doombunny said:
As far as you know: Yes. Don't know how this will help anyone though
Not really that much of a difference. One says WIFOM he's saying he doesn't know how it helps
doom says as for as he knows bv says I believe so.
difference?
I don't find anything town in regards to cobolt, his question or his attack on boom over bv.
Colbalt is tunneling on doom and I can't see why. leaning scum

CMAR did what theinquister did where he ask a few questions that look to be role fishing. Asking players about their strategy as a PR looks scummy
reading CMAR answers to the questions looks good. I think he is just someone I would keep my eye on for role fishing questions

I really like DDD's questions. They are thoughtful. I feel they are agressive and iquiring. Asked a few questions that were already asked/
So far I have a town read on DDD

doombunny asking trivia questions doesn't serve a purpose. Even with him stating confusion on the game why would trivia questions be a viable thing to do in this game?
At least his follow up questions are good but still feel his initial trivia questions pointless.
overall read uncertain

DOS: is a hard one to read. his comments are crisp. I don't really get anything vibe or read wise on if he's town or scum.
leaning neutral here

Eli: He is short to the point and closed up tighter then a clam. He gives one word answers and no feed back that I find very scummy

kirby: same issue here as with doom. I don't get why asking trivia questions would be helpful in this game.
idk about kirby reading him in isolation I don't get much else. I put him as neutral for now.

neto: I can tell based on his play style we will bump heads. I'm definately more emotional and gut driven player but I find scum doing it. Neto doesn't give me much to go on that I can say hey look here.
I lean neutral

Sanhora: Another player I got nothing on reading in isolation: I lean neutral

Inquister - asked role fishing questions. This looks bad based on his questions
General rolefishing is most often a bad idea as it can usually give scum more information than town. But specific rolefishing can be useful if a player has a very good idea of why he is doing it. For example, if he's a power role and has a confusing result on a player, attempting to draw that out without exposing that player may be worthwhile.
This is just as bad:
Kirbyoshi - You have characterized my questions about roles as fishing, but given that none have actually asked for anything that could actually confirm or deny them, do you think their purpose is to allow actual power roles to very subtlely breadcrumb and then later justify/make scum when claiming justify their response later or do you think it's actually an attempt to out power roles, and assuming you believe that it's actually to out power roles do you think scum would be dumb enough to role fish in Q1 (please answer without using the term WIFOM)?
Looking for things like this is scum motivated to me. Scum would be looking for the these breadcrumbs and such. Pointing out to give players that opporunity just looks to be outing a PR for scum purposes.

6. I had people disagree with me about players before. I typically will look back on it and try my best to see if maybe I'm reaching or too emotional about my views. I never really give up unless I find something in the player I recognize as town. I still always have that feeling in the back the player is scum.
7. You should. you are rather close liped with your answers. This game is simple answer and questions and a person avoiding opening themselves up is bound to look suspicious.
9. niggle is that feeling you get in the back of your head. part of the definition:
worrying, especially in a small but persistent way. I don't know where I got the word from. I heard it somewhere.
10. See #3 and #5 for part of this.
11. who's action were scummiest see #5
12. No. It's why I asked him about his vote. I can say BV310 is under this same category though. Also see my answer for #5 and #7
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Netopalis »

2. How did you expect your first question to find scum? I expected it to provide information which would be valuable in evaluating peoples' responses - when considering players' motivations, it's important to understand how they view their own style of play.

3. If you find meta "unimportant", what made you ask the question that you did in Q1? I don't consider this to be a meta question so much as a self-evaluation question. I want to know what factors people consider to be important in their decisions so that I can better identify where they are breaking with their stated logic.

4. You suggest that my vote (and CryMeARiver) had some logic to it. Are you suggesting that the others votes were therefore not logical? Please explan.
Yes, I am. I saw little to no reason for the bandwagon on The Inquisition, but it seemed that your vote was more calculated. I'm not sure why, really just a hunch.

Sure.

bv310 - Annoyingly inactive. Also on the Inquisition bandwagon, which I find to be scummy.
Cobalt - Mostly irrelevant in my past experience, but he seems to be much more on track in this game. I'm fairly pleased with his play in this game, and I think I'd put him in the pro-town category.
CryMeARiver - Slight pro-town read, mostly neutral.
Debonair Danny DiPietro - Pro-town. Good questions overall and his answers seem solid.
Doombunny9 - I don't like his hopping on the Inquisitionwagon. It seemed as if he just wanted a wagon for the sake of having a wagon.
DragonsofSummer - I don't like his hopping on the Inquisitionwagon and putting The Inquisition at L-1 for no obvious reason. I also find that most of his answers are substantially less informative than I would like.
Ellibereth - Didn't vote, which is scummy. His questions are decent, but his answers are extremely uninformative. Right now, him and Dragonsofsummer are my strongest suspects.
farside22 - Fairly informative, but on The Inqusitionwagon. I don't like that, obviously.
Kirbyoshi - While he was the first vote on The Inquisitionwagon, he was also the only person voting at the time. I don't have a strong read on him at this point.
Netopalis - Awesome.
Sanhora - Don't like her presence on the Inquisitionwagon. Questions and answers are decent, though.
The Inquisition - Questions seem good and answers marginal. I don't really get why everybody else has seemed to hone in on him as the scum.

6. If you were required to hammer someone in the upcoming voting stage who would it be and why? Ellibereth. Second choice would be Dragonsofsummer. I'd prefer not to lynch either yet.

I should think that all town should give a full answer to pretty much any question. I'm not sure what you find so offensive about my question in particular. Do you really hate explaining yourself that much? As for repeating a question, it was honestly carelessness. My apologies.

8. Why did you vote for DOS

I found his and Ellibereth's answers to be the most lacking. The Inquisition was already voting for Ellibereth. Hence, I voted for Dragonsofsummer.

9. Do you think this game will favor your playstyle? Why or why not?

I do - in fact, that's why I signed up for this game. My play is based on comparing statements to each other and trying to point out illogical inconsistencies in motivation. This format forces players like Ellibereth who generally refuse to answer questions to, well, answer.

10. None From Self - Awesome. Clearly, this person knows that I'm with the town.

As previously mentioned, I primarily found Ellibereth and Dragonsofsummer's sparse answers to be scummy. I also found the Inquisitionwagon minus Kirbyoshi to be scummy.

12. Why dragonsofsummer? Do you think my question to him is fair?

I've already answered the "Why dragonsofsummer" question - both the Inquisition vote and the lack of answers are scummy to me. I feel that your question is a fair one and I look forward to his response.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

bv310
Have fun with that. You really nedd to ask questions though.
Why did you qualify your answer to my question by saying "As far as you know" instead of a simple yes?
Half-assed attempt at humor. I don't see how this matters anyway.
Have you ever played with Cobalt before, how did he act, and did something happen that would make him vote for you?
I never played with him before.
Why do you assume that I would base my vote on such a stupid reason? Are you implying that I am stupid? Why or why not?
I assume this because this seems to be the only reason (at least to me anyway) that a person would want to vote for him. I am not implying that you are stupid because I have not seen enough from you yet to make that decision :P
Do you believe someone should be thought town until proven scum? If so, why? If not, why?
I do not think this because there is no way to prove scum unless under extreme conditions. If everyone thought this way we would have very rare lynches, definately not enough to win.
Do you really think I would give you anything close to a full anwser to your question? And to the latter 3, why repeat a question that has already been asked?
Yes, I DO expect a full answer. If you deny to give us answers the town may lose a valuble piece of information. generally, the only reason you shouldn't answer a question is if it would cause you to claim. Also, while our questions were similar, i asked something somewhat differant. I asked what you would hope to gain from refusing to answer and if you were planning on doing it again.
What type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
I answered this last asnwer stage... As a reveiw it was mainly general confusion and flavor text that threw me off. I had no idea how it would help us though.
What was the purpose of your question to Cobalt in QS1? Was it to make sure it wasn’t you?
I don't understand the question. I don't see what is wrong with my question. if people don't know who others think are scum, we won't get anywhere (granted I could have just waited for the voting stage but... scum could have done it too)
Why did you vote for The Inquisition? Did you feel that he was scummy enough to merit a bandwagon? Why?
I voted The Inquisition because I disliked some of the questions he asked in QS1. Two of them even blatently rolefished (the pick up line one and the fruit one). I don't think it was scummy enough to merit that large of a bandwagon though (2 or 3 sure. maybe even 4 but to put him at L-1 this early? No)
The only person whose actions I felt werescummy enough to look at closely were the Inquisitions which you can see above.
You placed the second vote on me. Did you expect to see L-1 on me when you made that vote, and given that we have had precisely one round of voting, do you think this apparent early bandwagon is well founded or do you think it's a convenient vehicle for those who are lazy and/or scum to hide out in?
I did not expect to see L-1 on you that early. as said above I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 more people vote you but to put you at L-1 was a bit much. The early bandwagon was not well formed as it is too early to get any absolutely solid reads on you yet and I think it was very easy for scum to hide on you.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

bv310
apparently doesn't ask questions.

No Q from
Cobalt

CMAR:
What did you truly expect to gain from your Q1 questions and how do you think you successfully defended yourself from the page 1 suspicions (since you received 0 votes)?
To get a good feel for where people will be coming from this game. I've played briefly with Cobalt and farside, and played a game with DDD, but was lynched D1, and I'm in an ongoing game with bv, but that game is--well, ongoing. Other than that, I know nothing about any of these players.

DDD:
If you had to describe your role as a type of apple, what apple would your role be and why?
I would be a bright green one, baked in a pie.

DOOOOOOMBUNNEH:
Being the person that was the first to vote The Inquisition, Were you surprised to see a bandwagon quickly form and get to L1? What were your thoughts on it?
The only reason I was surprised is the fact that it was the first round. I think Inq deserves it for blatant rolefish.

Dragons:
Why did you ask everyone except farside a serious question during this question stage?
To put it simply, I didn't have anything to ask her, but didn't want to waste a question, and I really did wonder what it meant, and knowing what it means helps me understand her first answer better.

Ellibereth:
What reads do you have so far if any?
I think bv is just inactive, as opposed to lurking. I don't agree with Cobalt's style so far, but I don't find it scummy. I may regret saying this, but DDD is following the town meta I know of him. Doom is slightly new, but is playing well so far. Dragons may be the most pro-town player so far. Elli, you just seem kind of quiet to me. If I were you, I would speak up, and vote my biggest suspicion next time you have a chance to. Netopalis is probably town. He hasn't made my scummy-sense tingle yet. Same for Sanhora. Inq is my biggest suspicion so far, hence the vote.

farside:
What type of information do you think a trivia question will get you for hunting for scum?
At the time, I didn't know. I thought that maybe scum would be forced to give all wrong answers, or players would get bonuses for right answers, or something.

None from Self
I'm so disappointed in myself...

Netopalis:
Did you intend for your vote on The Inquisition to gain a bandwagon? Do you think he would have been a good lynch candidate? Why or why not?
I still think he is the best lynch candidate, for the blatant rolefishing mostly. You just don't ask questions like that. As for if I intended a bw...yes. True, it was the first round, but I'm glad so much of the game agrees with me.

Sanhora:
Cobalt's question appeared to me to not be scumhunting at all. Ellibereth abstaining from voting is a little fishy to me, because I think that in this game, even in the first round, there are going to be scumtells, and she also didn't answer my question. The Inq, for reasons that have been mentioned to exhaustion in this post.

The Inq:
You have characterized my questions about roles as fishing, but given that none have actually asked for anything that could actually confirm or deny them, do you think their purpose is to allow actual power roles to very subtlely breadcrumb and then later justify/make scum when claiming justify their response later or do you think it's actually an attempt to out power roles, and assuming you believe that it's actually to out power roles do you think scum would be dumb enough to role fish in Q1 (please answer without using the term WIFOM)?
LOL at the part in parentheses, I'll try. While it's true that smart scum (avoiding what you told me to avoid) would not, you have admitted that you have never been scum on this site, so it could just be you trying to think of a clever scum way to play. But that's just alot of...oh, never mind.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Max wrote:
DragonsofSummer

1. bv310
  3. Why did you put TheInquisition at L1, fully knowing that Ellibereth this round or someone next round could hammer?
  4. I completely mis-answered your question, usually I would expect that to draw a vote or some attention, why did you chose to wagon The Inquisition instead?
  5. Why ask everybody one question? Why not ask everybody a differant question?
  6. No Q from Self
  9. Do you think it was a good idea to ask every player the same question in QS1? Why or why not?
  12. You presumably waited and made your vote with the knowledge that no matter what you did, it could not possibly lead to a lynch. What was the full purpose of voting me, and do you think that if you were scum this would be an effective way of laying low by jumping onto an established bandwagon but without any hope of actually being held responsible for it (i.e. no lynch would occur).
1. Yup...

2. My first question was more to get a feel of the players in the game, and see where their head is at on one of the major arguments in mafia. It helps me to be able to discern whether or not answers to later questions fit what I know from the background I got.

3. Ellibereth had already "voted" as pointed out by max in a post a few before my vote. Also the vote count resets at each voting stage if I remember correctly, so the second part of your questions really doesn't apply. I put the inquisition at L-1 for the rolefishing in his questions, as well as his answer to this question.
The Inquisition wrote:
11. What's your opinion of rolefishing?
It depends on the purpose. General rolefishing is most often a bad idea as it can usually give scum more information than town. But specific rolefishing can be useful if a player has a very good idea of why he is doing it. For example, if he's a power role and has a confusing result on a player, attempting to draw that out without exposing that player may be worthwhile.
This is long winded while saying completely nothing and implying that he thinks rolefishing is a good thing. Not protown.

4. I was working under the assumption that you had answered it wrong on accident. Finding out I was wrong moves you up significantly on my scum list.

5. See my answer to #2.

7. Inquisition is scummy as hell.
Number two on that list is now DDD for telling me he deliberately misanswered my question.
I also really don't like that bv310 showed up to answer and vote but disappeared again for the next question stage. It shows he wants others to do his work for him.

I am neutral on Elli, Sanhora, and Doombunny9.

Everyone else I feel is town right now.

8. See my answer to #7.

9. See my answer to #2.

10. See #3. And yes I did feel he merited a bandwagon, that was some of the scummiest play I've seen in a long time, and he deserves to be on the block for it.

11. Inquisition for blatant rolefishing, and the quote I gave above. I also didn't like doombunny's answer to the are you town question so he was second on my list, but I like his questions this round so for now I am neutral on him.

12. The full purpose of voting you was to show I thought you were scummy. It doesn't matter that it can't cause a lynch, I give the town more information about my thoughts by casting the vote. I refuse to answer the second part of your question because not only is it loaded to backfire on me, but its also asking me for advice on how to play scum.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

@ Mod...is it true that the VS resets after each stage?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

1. bv310
2. No Q from Cobalt
3. What is your opinion on TheInquisition bandwagon and why did you answer that "the odds are likely" that you and him are the same alignment (especially since people know seem to think he's scum)?
I answered that the odds are likely that TheInquisition and I have the same alignment, because it's true. Basic probability suggests this to be fact. As for the wagon, I was unimpressed by it and I failed to see the reason for it other than the fact that TI asked potentially rolefishing type questions, which seem to suggest me more intellectual weakness that scuminess.

4. No Q from Self
5. Assuming you're reasoning for voting bv is for asking only one person a question (As that seems the most likely), do you see the likelyhood that it was just a misunderstanding or him not being here? If so, why still vote him?
Well given that he failed to ask any questions again I look pretty damn smart right now, don't I?

6. Since you know you misanswered my question why did you choose to do so, and why would you knowingly lie?
I didn't knowingly lie, I read the question wrong and answered what I thought was your question. Only later did I notice my answer did not respond to the actual question, it seemed to violate the spirit of the game in this case to try and issue an edit to it after the fact.

CryMeARiver is scum and I will be voting him in the next phase and I encourage everyone else to do so.

8. Why did you vote for Bv310?
The logic was I had no interest in voting for TheInquisition and my vote was punitive for bv's failures.

9. Why did you refuse to at least link to one of your town games?
Because, as I said guy who didn't read my answer, no one game defines how I play as town. I also objected to the idea that meta would be terribly useful in a game formatted so differently.

The logic was I had no interest in voting for TheInquisition and my vote was punitive for bv's failures.

CryMeARiver

12. Have Ellibereth's current actions been consistent with town play?
No, nor have they been consistent with scum play. Anti-town is not synonymous with scummy
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Max »

CryMeARiver wrote:
@ Mod...is it true that the VS resets after each stage?
Yes it is
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Max »

bv has requested replacement. Waiting from response from my replacement list.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

1. bv310
2. Why didn't you vote?
3. What do you think about TheInquistition bandwagon?
4. What’s the logic behind abstaining with your first vote?
5. What do you hope to gain from abstaining? Are you planning on doing it again this voting stage?
6. What do you feel not voting accomplishes, and do you have any suspects?
7. None From Self
8. Why did you abstain from voting?
9. Why didn’t you answer my question from QS1?
10. Why did you abstain? Why does it seem like you're trying to hide something? Is there something that you do not wish to disclose?
12. Given that our game has extremely limited opportunities for interaction, do you agree that you have (1) been evasive in both your answers and your vote and (2) this has hurt the town?
1. N/A
2. Role-related reason.
3. It made me very happy. His question to me D1 = Scummy as hell. Some of the others too.
4. Role-related.
5. Role-related. Probably not, may do it again sometime later.
6. Role-related. Yeah, I do. I'll put them in 11.
7. N/A
8. Role-related
9. I missed it.
10. Role-related. Because I am. Yes.
11. Bv is null. Cobalt is leaning town. Cry is Scum. DDD is town. Doom is null. Dragons is town. Farside is null . Kirby is leaning town. Neto is null. San is leaning town. Inquisition is scum.
12. Yes. No.
FLASH OF GREEN
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

1. bv310:
not surprised
2. Why did you ask players to talk about their strategy when playing protown power roles?:
The two questions that you are referring to are...
Ellibereth: Say you are a cop, who do you investigate now? Why?
Kirbyoshi: What is your strategy if you are a pro-town roleblocker? Why?
My question to Ellibereth was a fancy way of saying "who are you suspicious of"...It's not rolefishing in my mind because I'm not asking if he's a cop or anything of the sort...and its definitely not as bad as TI's questions (soon to come)...I asked my other question for two reasons: 1) I came up with the scum roleblocker question first, and thought I might as well as about a protown one as well and 2) I still don't understand the point of a protown roleblocker because if you knew who was scum PR or 3rd person party, they would be lynched so no need to block...I realize that the roleblocker question wasn't that smart, but I was just trying to balance my scum questions and my town questions
3. No Q from Self:
N/A
4. Why did you vote for Bv310?:
My first choice would have been TI, but I would never put someone at L1 that early...Kirbyoshi seemed to successfully answer the suspicion on him...only 1 suspicious person left in my eyes...(that is until DoS put TI at L1) 1) He only asked me a question, which I found kind of suspicious, but the big one 2) Active lurker, or at least it seemed to me at the time, I thought I had remembered more than 1 post out of him...either lurking scum or not helpful town
5. When you answered my question about whether or not DragonsofSummer was the same alignment as you, you said it depended on whether he was “scum or not” and NOT “town or not”, don’t people naturally include an attribute describing themselves in that sort of statement?
I'm not really sure what this question is supposed to mean...I had already answered "Yes, I am town" before and I think it was pretty obvious what my intent with the answer to your ? was
6. Why would you think that we couldn't unvote for the whole day? What would be the point of that especially considering we have multiple voting stages?
People could hold off their vote and wait for more info...I'm not really sure, that's just some confusion I had with the rules
7. Do you ever see gambiting as being useful to the town?:
I actually had to look gambiting up as I have never heard the term...IMO, It could have great reward for town, but it is very risky...An example:
"Okay, I'm a Tracker, and I tracked you, and you targetted the man that died last night. You should Claim immediately."

"I'm a Vigilante, I swear. I thought he was Scum."

"Well, I was just gambiting, I'm not tracker, I'm a Cop with a guilty result on you. Thanks for claiming the kill, though."
--Textbook Scenario of Kokusho's Gambit
It could also lead to mass-confusion and huge WIFOM though, so I would almost never use it unless I was in a power role I had never been in before to gain perspective from other town
8. What pro-town motivation could you have for the question you asked me in Qs1?:
Because I have been 3rd/4th on a bandwagon and that tell was brought up...I thought it to be stupid and was making sure I wasn't missing anything in that "tell"
9. Why that question to Farside in QS1? Wondering when to place your vote to look more town?
Not sure if you are asking why I chose that question, or why I chose farside, so I'll answer both. (see above) and I just randomly assigned the questions. Nope just wondering if why that is a scumtell, as I have done it before, but have yet to be scum in a game
10. Why did you vote for BV? It seems like there was probably some logic there. What was it?:
(see Q4)
11. During the first Question, Answer and Voting stage,whose actions did you find scummy and why?:
I sort of answered this in Q4, but i'll rehash it...Most scummy was TI...This question
if your role were a fruit, what role would it be?

...doesn't ask about the fruit if you notice, he specifically asks what role he is. Blatant rolefishing
If you had to pick up your role at a bar, what pickup line would you use?
Also blatant rolefishing, though he didn't ask for his role in this question, just for Kirby to describe his role pretty much
Though I misread this question at first, I don't like it now...
If you had to, who would you policy lynch?
Trying to either get DoS to slip up or to dig up some meta dirt onto someone
Read from a scum perspective, this question is pretty bad as well
What types of questions would you expect to see from a scum?

Or "what type of questions should I not ask?" is what is sounds like
Also, thought I'd post this ironic answer he had on A1
When asked,
11. What's your opinion of rolefishing?

It depends on the purpose. General rolefishing is most often a bad idea as it can usually give scum more information than town. But specific rolefishing can be useful if a player has a very good idea of why he is doing it. For example, if he's a power role and has a confusing result on a player, attempting to draw that out without exposing that player may be worthwhile.
Big contradiction between this answer and his questions
12. You say you don't like Lynch All Lurkers and then you voted bv. Why do you think he's the scummiest player?
I didn't think he was the scummiest (see Q4)
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Max »

I'm going to continue searching for a replacement, and day will be extended till then (Probs only going to be another 24 hours)
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Max »

bv310
Sanhora
The Inquisition

I've prodded the bottom two and am still
spamming
lobbying for a replacement
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:36 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

@Mod: So we're still not in the VS yet?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Max »

No, I'm aiming to get a replacement before then. Otherwise it screws the town over by limiting discussion even more.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:52 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Max wrote:No, I'm aiming to get a replacement before then. Otherwise it screws the town over by limiting discussion even more.
Have you posted in the Queue that you need a replacement yet?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Max »

No, spamming works better.

Oman is replacing bv and promises a post tomorrow. So you have until Oman's post the it will go to voting stage 2

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”