MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sakako wrote:Well I don't really care if I get lynched, it will just be annoying having to wait for a while.

Sorry if I can't practice scumhunting - I'm actually trying pretty hard here, you know. If you don't like it, then that's your problem, but I'm actually trying to save you here, Neto.
He doesn't care if he gets lynched, yet he's trying? :?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ninja'd by Monkey. And...ugh. The point is that if you pick 2 people at random from a pool of 12, and 3 of those 12 at random are scum, there is a statistically significant possibility that those two are scum together.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Sakako »

@DRK: In my third post, the "just" is an emphasis, not a disqualifier. I'm not saying I
only just
think it's a trap. I'm saying that I think it's a trap as opposed to something else.

I don't really think that the wording of my posts are any different to what I've been saying. I have never said the exact words,
THIS IS 100%, MOST DEFINITELY A TRAP.
All I said was, "It's possibly a trap. It might not be, but it could be. I think it is."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by Lowell »

These last three pages are a waste of time.

I'm getting very strong town vibes from sakako and reckoner.

I'm gettting scum vibes (still) from esp and lately monkey, who reading the last few pages has done more than his fair share to keep inane arguments going. He looks like he's making more effort to make others look stupid and newbish than anything else.

fos monkey
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Monkey wrote:
DRK wrote:If we assume 3 scum, this is trivially true.
Why would you assume someone is scum based on random selection?
I took it to mean "there exist players x and y who are scum together, where player x, player y =/= MonkeyMan.

@Sakako
My point is that you originally voted with the reasoning that Reckoner's play "could have been" a trap. This is a
very
weak reason. The fact that you now said that you
think
it's a trap is more assured, as if you're trying to justify your vote by sounding more sure of yourself.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hi Lowell.

If at all possible, can you point to a post or two from both Monkey and Espeon to explain your gut scum read?
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Sakako »

@DRK: I've been victim of this problem before. I'm fairly casual with my words, you see, and I'm of the opinion that whatever I say here is automatically my opinion, i.e. if I post "blah blah", then it should be taken to mean: "Sakako thinks that blah blah is true".

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Lowell: Why do you get town reads on Sakako and Reckoner? Why do you get a scum read on Espeonage?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Sakako »

Note: I'm going to a party now, so I'll be uncontactable for the next few hours. Don't lynch me just yet. XD
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by kyle99 »

Sakako wrote:Note: I'm going to a party now, so I'll be uncontactable for the next few hours. Don't lynch me just yet. XD
Dude, you have like, 1 vote on you. You're not gonan get lynched...
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Netopalis »

We're on page 7. We're not anywhere close to a lynch.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I agree with Lowell. In particular, these three comments from Monkey didn't sit well with me:
Monkey wrote:I don't believe in policy lynches, I believe in voting scum. Policy lynching, or anyone who would advocate voting someone that might be town, is scummy.
The question was hypothetical. Answering it with a qualifier was not out of reach. Minimally, answering the question would have been useful in determining what Monkey thinks of other players, etc. Ironically, Monkey later criticizes someone for "not contributing," when he himself avoided contributing for 3 days straight after game start by shooting down questions such as this one.
Just because something is common or uncommon is not a logical reason for something to be scummy or not scummy. There are things that are scummy that happen quite frequently, and things that are townish that are quite rare. Lurking, for example, is a frequent scum tactic. Likewise, having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game.
Disagree. While good play is fairly inelastic definition wise, what constitutes a scumtell varies greatly on meta. Sure, running to meta all the time is bad, but so is saying "we don't look at game history at all, we only look at the godbook of scumtells, it never changes and is always accurate, amen."
Random Player X and Random Player Y are a potential scumteam(as long as its not me). Discuss.
What's the point of throwing this potential discussion under the rug?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Umm... Lowell, you say that you still find me scummy. What exactly in the last few pages makes me a better person to lynch than Monkey?
I only ask because you didn't bring up anything other that stuff on Monkey yet your vote still sits on me.
Don't @ me.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

AlmasterGM wrote:I agree with Lowell. In particular, these three comments from Monkey didn't sit well with me:
Monkey wrote:I don't believe in policy lynches, I believe in voting scum. Policy lynching, or anyone who would advocate voting someone that might be town, is scummy.
The question was hypothetical. Answering it with a qualifier was not out of reach. Minimally, answering the question would have been useful in determining what Monkey thinks of other players, etc. Ironically, Monkey later criticizes someone for "not contributing," when he himself avoided contributing for 3 days straight after game start by shooting down questions such as this one.
Just because something is common or uncommon is not a logical reason for something to be scummy or not scummy. There are things that are scummy that happen quite frequently, and things that are townish that are quite rare. Lurking, for example, is a frequent scum tactic. Likewise, having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game.
Disagree. While good play is fairly inelastic definition wise, what constitutes a scumtell varies greatly on meta. Sure, running to meta all the time is bad, but so is saying "we don't look at game history at all, we only look at the godbook of scumtells, it never changes and is always accurate, amen."
Random Player X and Random Player Y are a potential scumteam(as long as its not me). Discuss.
What's the point of throwing this potential discussion under the rug?
Why are you continually taking what I say out of context? I never said meta should be ignored completely, and I never said discussing any possible scum combos should be "thrown under the rug". I just found it fairly self serving to discuss me as part of a scum team after I had voted him, especially considering xReckonerx had been complaining of OMGUS before.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 am

Post by almightybob »

Goddamn, I turn away for a day and the thread doubles in size.

Page 5 does not look good for Sakako. Opportunistic wagonhopping, story changing, AtE defence.

I dislike Monkey's "Random X and Random Y" response. You two were not chosen at random by Reck, yet you're trying to make it seem as if there's no reason to choose you over anyone else.

Lowell - what do you mean you "still" have scum vibes from esp? In the post where you voted him you don't say he looks scummy, you just say he's giving excessive meta. At no point do you say why this is scummy or that you get any scum vibes from esp. Where does the "still" come from?
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Netopalis »

Monkey: You gave me a reason to suspect you. You attacked the easiest target with weak attacks and set up questions with predictable answers that you knew you could attack.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Sakako »

@Neto: It was a joke. Thus the "XD".

Going to bed, nothing more for me to say at this point in time.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote monkey

pikachu beat me to it. A lot of what monkey does (those posts in particular) or more aimed at establishing his credibility and cutting off conversation he doesn't like.

@esp- it's a vibe I have on you. Lately you've been lurking, so no I don't have much to read on you lately.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:18 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Monkey wrote:Why are you continually taking what I say out of context? I never said meta should be ignored completely,
First, why should people have to read a ton of context for what you say to make sense? Just say what you mean the first time. Second, yes you did. You said, "Having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game." Explain to me how that is NOT a denial of meta.
That and I never said discussing any possible scum combos should be "thrown under the rug". I just found it fairly self serving to discuss me as part of a scum team after I had voted him, especially considering xReckonerx had been complaining of OMGUS before.
Once again, that's not what you said. Your comment was a mocking dismissal. Moreover, even if it was self-serving to a degree, so what? Why does that make it an irrelevant topic for discussion? You could point out that it's self serving without the condescension.

Unvote. Vote: Monkey.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Netopalis »

Please be advised that this is L-2. If we go to L-1, I'm taking off my vote, just because I don't quite feel absolutely comfortable with this yet. I think Monkey may be the play today, but I want to hear more from him in response to all of this before we do anything.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:Please be advised that this is L-2. If we go to L-1, I'm taking off my vote, just because I don't quite feel absolutely comfortable with this yet. I think Monkey may be the play today, but I want to hear more from him in response to all of this before we do anything.
For some reason, this sounded really ingenuine to me.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Netopalis »

*shrugs* I was just stating that I don't feel comfortable lynching without hearing him respond. I've been in several games where some newbie comes along and hammers before we get a chance to hear a defense.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't get the Monkey wagon. After re-reading the last few pages, he just seems more like a townie who has stumbled over himself trying to explain himself. When I read Sakako, it seems more like scum doing two things: passively trying to throw suspicion, AND not really taking a strong stance either way on anyone. I think a newbie scum tactic would be to hold off on naming suspects/flinging shit in anyone's direction so that the spotlight is not on them, and that seems to be what Sakako is doing.

Also, ATTENTION EVERYONE: PLEASE STOP SAYING YOU ARE BAD AT SCUMHUNTING/DON'T SCUMHUNT AND AT LEAST TRY. IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BITCH AND MOAN THE WHOLE GAME ABOUT HOW BAD YOU ARE AT SCUMHUNTING, REPLACE THE FUCK OUT. THANK YOU.
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Netopalis »

Reckoner: The problem that I have with Monkey is the way that he seems to have the goal of lynching rather than the goal of finding scum. He posts things that he knows the likely answer to and then posts attacks on the only answer that could be given. It also seems questionable that he sits back and does absolutely nothing until there's an easy candidate, at which point he hops on the bandwagon. It's a weak case, but it's a case nonetheless.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:49 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

My goal is NOT to lynch. I already said that. I can have a strong read on someone and want continuing discussion without lynching at the same time.

I understand it is a natural instinct to be suspicious of those with strong opinions, but it's really not a good reason to vote for someone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”