Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Couple of points Apathy. First I notice you said I was either Mafia, or VT, which is rather interesting. Sure VT is the most common town role in this game, but that's not to say everyone who's town is a VT. So I wonder why you specified that as opposed to just "town"?

Phaen's defense of Ray was from specific pages too, it wasn't based on the entire game, thus far he's not truly gotten to the meat and veg of the situation, and in fact has only just begun to put the knife into the pasty to get at the pie filled goodness, let alone taste it. So I fail to see where he was quick to jump at Ray's defense.

I took Ray saying he liked Phaen for the fact he's going through things carefully, not rushing through, and taking not of what he should be taking note of, and not silly jokes that have no bearing on anything beyond RVS.

Therefore, Ray "at this point in the game" may or may not be worthy of said defense, until Phaen reads that far into it, how's he to know?

4 people putting pressure on at that point (admittedly not much, but still) - Me, jmurph, kelyn, and possibly redbox by saying posting lots might be a scum tell.

As for the rest of your posts page 4 Apathy... mind showing me where anything substantial was in them? It was all based on him being town, or his joking about before getting serious.

As it stands, that last post comes across severely like trying to shift the attention onto a few people and away from yourself, which is weird as I don't think much attention has been on you beyond "Get Apathy in here to post", so I wonder why? I'm most concerned about how you seem to go on Phaen for the points I mention, but seemingly ignore that he's not read the later game yet (or the middling game for that matter) and that your earlier post had next to no content in it.

And to be honest, so far I'm not seeing a great deal of scum hunting from you Apathy, like I say, the first post says nothing, the second post (I'm not counting the "please fix" type ones, only the ones where anything of substance is posted) it's all on Ray, and pretty much all of them are non-arguments about him saying he's town, and pulling murph up on saying she was a townie and correcting her (and others just in case) to proper useage.

It seems like the entire argument on Ray was blatant straw clutching on non-issues and non-arguments, which makes me think it was designed to draw attention away from yourself, but unfortunately that last post may well draw attention back to you seriously.

So far my case on Apathy now would be:
Lack of posting much/lurking (RL issues or not, it's not helping the town scum-hunt anyway)
Bad arguments based on early game jokes, and non-issues.
Trying to steer people towards looking at the new guy despite the fact it's been mentioned he has yet to finish reading the entire thread.
and then erm...
So far, besides my few attacks, its just been you and prana, which in the event you both are town, has served as a welcome distraction from any other suspicion for a majority of the last few pages.
A welcome distraction for who? The only people it would be welcome to would be scum...

unvote; vote: Apathy

But still with a strong
FoS: jmurph3
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Kison »

Day One: Vote Count

jmurph3 (
) : fuzzylightning, PaltryExcuse
RayFrost (
) : Apathy
Phaen (
) : RayFrost
fuzzylightning (
) : jammer
Apathy (
) : PranaDevil

Not Voting (
) : Skill006, jmurph3, Phaen

With
alive, it will take
votes to lynch.

The day's deadline is currently set to:
February 24th, 2010, 11:59:59 PM, EST

Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by Phaen »

@Apathy

Wow you have a lot of questions for me! Yay!

I don't intend to ignore your points. In post #329, for brevity I only included an example. I also didn't want to repeat a bunch of things that have already been covered. But now that you brought it up, I would be happy to give your post #94 points some attention in a separate post. First, I will respond fully to your current one.

(me quoting you = bold... it's less cluttery than quote boxes)

Who are you to speak for his actions, anyways?

I was giving my interpretation of what his actions meant. When you found his actions scummy, you were also interpreting what they meant; you just came to a different conclusion. We should all be trying to find the true meaning of eachother's actions and words. It's not scummy unless someone is deliberately misinterpreting, which I think you were.

According to you, he was play-acting, but isnt the role of scum essentially being able to do exactly that for the duration of the game?

I wasn't implying he was scum when I mentioned play-acting.

Who were the 5 people putting pressure on ray before my first post directed at him?

I listed them in post #329 in the 2nd paragraph.

You say that he has had a more substantial defense, why dont you elaborate on that?

I merely said his defense during pg. 1-4 was more substantial than simply saying 'I'm town!' a whole bunch. It's not a very bold assertion so I don't know why you need me to elaborate on it unless you disagree with it.
I will elaborate on this in a separate post, if someone insists. Just say so if you do! =)

"...phaen, after having just come into the game..."

Hey now!!! Just because I replaced in doesn't mean I'm not qualified to examine logic or form opinions based on discussion that happened before I got here. If anything, it'll give me a more objective vantage point.

What do you feel about Ray's defense of the point that I brought up of his posts lacking anything substantial?

Please direct me towards whatever the heck you're referring to so I can re-read it and tell you how I feel. Or at least point me in the general direction. Its also worded confusingly :?

Why do you feel that Ray at this point in the game is worthy of such a venomous defense?

Wow, what a loaded question. I'm not going to pretend to know who I feel is worthy of defense at
this
point of the game because I haven't caught up yet. I generally don't make assertions about material I've only skimmed ;). FYI I'm on about page 9 at the moment. Also, I don't think of myself as venomous...

My Questions for You:

a. Do you think I was implying Ray was scum when I mentioned play-acting? If not, what was the purpose of including it as a question?
b. Which defense/point/posts did you want me to respond to in the 5th question for me?
c. What did I say that makes you think I am 'venomous'? :?
d. Who do you think is scummy besides Ray?
e. Can you elaborate on fuzzy's contradictions?
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:28 am

Post by Phaen »

PranaDevil wrote:I took Ray saying he liked Phaen for the fact he's going through things carefully, not rushing through, and taking not of what he should be taking note of, and not silly jokes that have no bearing on anything beyond RVS.
Instead of speculating, lets just ask him directly what he meant :idea:
Apathy wrote:...this can be attributed either to a) scum ... or b) bad townie play by an overzealous VT...
Saying its either a) or b) is a false dilemma. There's more than 2 possibilities.

Also, don't speculate about who is or isn't a VT. It helps the scum.

I just looked at your contribution to the game: 13 posts, only 1/3 of which had any actual content. The game's been running for 10 days. Making only one meaningful post every 3-4 days is pretty lame...

I get scum vibes, but its hard to be sure with so little to go on. Maybe a little vote will help :wink:

vote: Apathy
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Phaen »

(p.s. you should post more)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by RayFrost »

Apathy wrote:@Ray - Still one of my prime suspects. He has been continuously trying to direct the range of the game.
Every time any suspicion comes up besides himself, he seems to want everyone to instantly focus on that.

Apathy in the same post wrote:It could be an honest town move, but with the
implied tone (since he wants to say that implications in wording matter) seems to be "stop looking at me, hey look over there instead".

I'm too lazy to pull out the laughingelfman.jpg image.

Apathy wrote:I believe that (as much as phaen (who is the only person to really try and defend you/attack me so far) wants to try to vindicate you), your defense from my original points was weak. I will admit that 80% of my first posts were mostly over the edge, but my idea was to stimulate a REAL reaction out of you, which sort-of worked, and also got some discussion flowing around the other members of the town. So far, besides my few attacks, its just been you and prana, which in the event you both are town, has served as a welcome distraction from any other suspicion for a majority of the last few pages.
I don't see why you need to bring up the fact another person is defending me and
they are the only one
, unless you want me to feel isolated and without support in order to somehow undermine my confidence and assured-ness. Care to explain the purpose of that part of your post?

IIRC, your original points were... 'saying you are town a lot' (disproven), 'saying you are town as a defense' (disproven), 'you are being defensive' (defended against), and 'you are not scumhunting enough' (imo, this is a rather weak attack very early in the game in which virtually no scumhunting has been done by
anybody
. it's a catch-all accusation that could be used about virtually anybody), and those were the meat of your accusations. And then, right after you say that it was purely to get a
real
reaction from me (nice implication that I was faking my reactions before that point, by the way), you attack me for having a large debate with prana, which
you quite blatantly helped fuel in the first damned place with your accusations
. To try and make the argument between me and Prana suddenly not-in-any-way-related-to-you is extremely scummy. You can't just throw accusations at somebody and then say 'omfg, your huge argument about you being scummy is totally not my fault, and you are distracting the town'

Seriously.

It's not like you did a damned thing to help in any way.

After all, you didn't even post.

Your stuff about redbox is fencesitting and wishy-washy at best.

'he seems noob townie, but I'm not really sure, and he could be scum because he's not actively participating' sums up your stance towards him. amazing in how you can go from you think he's town to you aren't certain about that to he may be scum but you dunno in two sentences.

Your stance to parana is completely incorrect, and your speculation about his role is
highly
suspect and is almost certainly rolefishing. He started off a large amount of pressure, then, as
other players came to attack me
, he started to reanalyze his stance. NOBODY HAD ATTACKED HIM AT THE TIME. The wagon on me almost certainly would've gone through, so a) isn't really feasible, considering he hadn't been attacked and I hadn't been defended (note that you say 'few more players' come to my defense when, in your stuff about me, you say only phaen has really defended me. very nice use of stating the facts in the way that best suits making somebody seem scummy / etc).

And I bet you would've 'urgently pushed' my lynch as well if you had in any way been present in the game. But you didn't post at all when things started to heat up.

It'd kinda like...

Guy who caused a problem (me): *stands in front of the mob*

Mob that's pissed off (the town): *wonders if they should attack*

Mayor that's selfish and devious (apathy): *sneaks by* 'it's all his fault, get him' *leaves*

Mob: *attacks*

Guy: *defends*

Person in the mob: Guys, you know, maybe it's not entirely his fault.

Mob: *calms the fook down*

Mayor: why were you guys all rioting and getting worked up? you were being ridiculous, now settle down and work o fixing the problem, don't pass the blame to others.

srsly.

I like how you don't point out any contradictions by fuzzy. Also, fuzzy is our
IC
. HOW IN THE FOOK DO YOU DISMISS HIM AS INEXPERIENCED TOWN
ie
!? not only do you speculate about his role (town
ie
), but you dismiss him based off of something that is factually untrue.

you don't state what is suspicious about skill in depth, you just go 'kinda strange uneasy gut feeling'

I'd also like to point out you are doing much the same as what you call skill out for doing - 'giving us enough but not too much'

Also, you make it seem like one of prana or myself must be right with the other wrong. false dichotomy.

already answered the stuff on me.

oh, forgot the 'I haven't seen a lot of
real
scumhunting'

Yeah, ummm... point out what my 'fake' scumhunting is, bub. Also explain to me, oh wise one, the great mysteries of mafia. Please unlock the ancient wisdom that you have gained from your great apathetical stance on the subject.

Also, point out the 'all-in-all easy' lynch
es
I have pushed for.
Citation needed

"I like phaen's posting so far." What about that isn't clear? It means I get a
townish read
. Seriously. You show bursts of insight and then suddenly pretend to not understand these kinds of things when they are obviously within your realm of understanding. So... deliberate misunderstanding = misrepresentation = scummy.

yeah, my posts are all mostly fluff, awesome reading comprehension, there. I totally don't state any real views or do any real scumhunting or n any way help the town. Man, I'm just so obv scum. (I'm showing you the ridiculousness of your viewpoint. If you find that what you just read offends you, then your own stance is offending you, and you should reevaluate it) fail'd at reading the thread mark #1

jmurph stuff is just agreeing with the majority, worthless in just about every way.

attacks phaen for thinking his posts are bad, implies all arguments but the 'repeated town claim' thing were good despite claiming earlier in the post that his posts were stretching in reasoning and, hence, bad. ++ contradiction/scum points

'who are you to speak for his actions' - easy attack on somebody for defending somebody else, pathetic attempt to demean the importance of other individuals and their own understanding, shows narrow-minded aggressiveness that is wholly unnecessary and very scummy in that it attempts to beat phaen down rather than actually have any form of discussion, debate, or, really, sharing of views. yet thinks attacking me for 'over-defensiveness'
still
remains a good argument. Also, just to turn your own question against you, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY SPEAK FOR MY ACTIONS? WHO ARE YOU TO SAY MY ACTIONS ARE SCUMMY OR TOWNISH? these are the same questions just worded differently. play-acting isn't the same as mafia. technically, everybody in this game is 'acting' as part of their role in the -game-. 'play-acting' is a joking, light-hearted acting, examples of which you can find in my numerous joking posts. good day.

uh-huh. if you had read, you'd realize phaen already covered this (as phaen has mentioned). fail'd at reading the thread mark #2

you say phaen should elaborate more on his points. maybe you should do the same, considering that many of your points are on a lesser level of detail than phaen's statement.

yah, just coming into the game should totally mean phaen should be worthless and helpless. great logic there, captain. you lack expounding on a large number of your own 'facts.' so yeh, hypocrisy at minimum, obvscum at more likely. wow, how is that a confirmation of 'phaen's ability' more than my read of him? weren't you earlier stating that you didn't get what I meant by stating I like phaen already? fail'd at remaining consistent mark # I'm too lazy to find them all

why don't you point out the more logical and soundly-backed arguments that just happen to be 80% reaction fishing for the enlightenment of the entire town.

Why do you feel that you can just vanish for great periods of time and then blame other players for talking a lot about something you, yourself, seem to take great claim in saying you helped cause it when it is convenient for you to do so yet you shouldn't be suspected? (note: this is a deliberate loaded question, much like the one asked of phaen)
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:24 am

Post by RayFrost »

Wow, larger than I thought.

And I forgot to
unvote, FoS: Apathy

waitin' on a vote count.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Phaen »

Whoa I had to scroll like 5 screens down to get to the end of that...
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:50 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I think my massive posts are rubbing off on you Ray XD.

and an
unofficial
vote count so far would be:

jmurph3 ( 2 ) : fuzzylightning, PaltryExcuse
RayFrost ( 1 ) : Apathy
fuzzylightning ( 1 ) : jammer
Apathy ( 2 ) : PranaDevil, Phaen

Not Voting ( 3 ) : Skill006, jmurph3, RayFrost

Purely because the only changes since the last one are Phaen and Ray's :P.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Phaen »

Well since you guys are up, I was wondering what your take is on this quote I found on page 8 post #182:
jmurph3 wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Redbox's stuff about jmurph is a
direct
implication that I'm jmurphs scumbuddy. Contrast this with his supposed read on me below.
I don't understand how you jumped to this conclusion. Perhaps you're just trying to cover for yourself because you did come out rather strongly in my favor. Or perhaps you're freaking out because you think that this supposed implication is too close to the truth: that you're scum.
I get the feeling I MUST be reading this wrong because it seems like jmurph is saying:

"redbox said Ray and I are scum"
"Ray reacted emotionally to it"
"Therefore Ray
(and I)
really are scum!"

Maybe I'm just having trouble 'cause its 6 am and I been up late for no good reason =P
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Didn't you just tell me not to go speculating? :p.

But that quote, I guess it could be taken that way, but I don't think so, I think it was jmurph taking that Ray was reacting to it, and because he reacted that means he must be scum. Not "He reacted to it, and so it means me and him are scum".
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Phaen »

LOL yes. Yes I did and you are right.
And I was too. The other me, the awake one.
I should listen to that one of me more often.

uhhhh goodnight =P
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:I think it was jmurph taking that Ray was reacting to it, and because he reacted that means he must be scum. Not "He reacted to it, and so it means me and him are scum".
That was indeed what I meant.

Sorry I haven't been on, I plan on responding to PaltryExcuse, Apathy, and Ray's exceedingly long post, but it most likely won't be til tomorrow.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:33 am

Post by jammer »

I see Apathy came back, with a interesting post, I'll await the more precise post he promised.
Skill006 wrote:
jammer wrote:...doing a ISO I noticed how passive she is in the game with making cases and voting.
Is being passive necessarily bad?
I'd say so, scum aren't interested in 'finding' scum.

@jmurph, if it hasn't been asked before, who do you think is scum and why.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PranaDevil wrote:I think my massive posts are rubbing off on you Ray XD.
Nah, my original playstyle when I had
passion and high motivation
for the game as well as a lot of energy was walls of text.

I changed my playstyle gradually as that took too much energy to do consistently, and I feel dropping and rising from 3 page long posts to posts less than half a page in length isn't very good.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

~bumpin' bumpin' bumpy~
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

you getting the feeling it was only our argument that kept this game going Ray?

Where the smeg is everyone? I mean... I know it's the weekend and all but jeez, surely somebody has something to add.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

jammer wrote:I see Apathy came back, with a interesting post, I'll await the more precise post he promised.
Skill006 wrote:
jammer wrote:...doing a ISO I noticed how passive she is in the game with making cases and voting.
Is being passive necessarily bad?
I'd say so, scum aren't interested in 'finding' scum.

@jmurph, if it hasn't been asked before, who do you think is scum and why.
the above poster didn't say anything about the responses to apathy's post.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by RayFrost »

jmurph3 wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:I think it was jmurph taking that Ray was reacting to it, and because he reacted that means he must be scum. Not "He reacted to it, and so it means me and him are scum".
That was indeed what I meant.

Sorry I haven't been on, I plan on responding to PaltryExcuse, Apathy, and Ray's exceedingly long post, but it most likely won't be til tomorrow.
the above poster hasn't done anything since the above post
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by RayFrost »

fuzzylightning wrote:I am posting now to let everyone know that I won't have computer access this weekend, so I will see you all on Monday.
the above poster gets a bye
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Skill006 wrote:0_0 Apathy lives! (go ahead and take your time catching up, by the way, as it is alot of material to consider, however please try not to dawdle too much as there are alot of players we aren't able to get a read on because of replacements/RL issues, such as yourself)

...everyone else is leaves as soon as he comes back...*sigh...
phaen wrote:Oh and dooooooon't wait up for me, please.
I'll catch up to you guys before you know it.
And its a good thing you're optimistic about it, or we would get nowhere! ^_^

ooh, and a question all for me!
Phaen wrote:Question for Skill: in Post #145 which attack were you referring to? The one on Ray or the one on fuzzy? Its not exactly clear to me.
I was referring to my attack on ray. I think I quoted it in the post, but I don't blame you for missing it (I usually don't look at the quotes for some reason).

Just to clear it up, I did believe in my attack on fuzzy somewhat, but as you could prob. tell I wasn't 100% confident on it. I felt it was something scummy I had picked out, but he refuted it clearly enough and I understand what I thought was scummy was a total difference in playstyle.
the above poster hasn't done much lately
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by RayFrost »

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Thanks for the compliment... but I do agree, and here I am. (Fri. was b-day, past couple days have been celebratory.)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Content needed.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”