yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by yawetag »

evilsnail wrote:Honestly, how do you propose playing mafia without lynching? You have to accept the risk of hitting town in order to hit scum.
In the situation we're in, by not lynching. In most cases, I would agree that a lynch is required, but worst-case scenario shows that it's not in the best interest for town.

To be honest, we're both running in circles here. We've both stated our feelings, and we've both given our own ideas on how the game can play out. I want to hear from other people on their opinions.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:03 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

xRECKONERx wrote:Yeah, it did. And your wagon isn't going to work, and your case is absolutely fucking horrible, so Im'ma just go back to playing BioShock 2 and lol at you
Wagon? I have the only vote on you...how ironic that the case that's on you is "absolutely fucking horrible"...but your case on Flareonage was golden, right? Obviously my SK didn't think so, and he is screwing me right now because that's the reason people are voting me

ON the yawetag/evilsnail argument, I agree that the possibility of town losing 2 bodies, and then possibly 2 more tonight too big of a risk...and evilsnail keeps bringing up that "lynching is the way mafia is played"...first of all, don't generalize this to the entire site, it depends on the situation...second, we would still be getting a "lynch" out of mavsfan...it just as normal as any other mafia game's day...What you are going for is a double lynch which is not usually "how the way mafia is played"...Also pointing out that if you look at evilsnail's argument as if he is scum, then it does match (trying to lynch two possible townies and try and put them at Lylo)

What do you think of the argument I posted about xRex and his counterargument?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 am

Post by evilsnail »

Yawetag, there's no issue of feelings or ideas to it. You are quantifiably wrong.

If CMAR and mavs are town:

On your scenario, we have a 41.7% chance of losing immediately (this is the chance of losing two townies Night 2 and Night 3 producing a loss + the chance of werewolves killing mafia and mafia killing a townie Night 2, which is also an autoloss).

On my scenario, we have a 0% chance of losing immediately.

I agree, though, that this discussion isn't getting us anywhere. We should be lynching CMAR.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am

Post by evilsnail »

There's no issue of feelings or ideas to it. You are quantifiably wrong.

If CMAR and mavs are town:

On your scenario, we have a 41.7% chance of losing immediately (this is the chance of losing two townies Night 2 and Night 3 producing a loss + the chance of werewolves killing mafia and mafia killing a townie Night 2, which is also an autoloss).

On my scenario, we have a 0% chance of losing immediately.

I agree, though, that this discussion isn't getting us anywhere. We should be lynching CMAR.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 am

Post by evilsnail »

CryMeARiver wrote:ON the yawetag/evilsnail argument, I agree that the possibility of town losing 2 bodies, and then possibly 2 more tonight too big of a risk...and evilsnail keeps bringing up that "lynching is the way mafia is played"...first of all, don't generalize this to the entire site, it depends on the situation...second, we would still be getting a "lynch" out of mavsfan...it just as normal as any other mafia game's day...What you are going for is a double lynch which is not usually "how the way mafia is played"...Also pointing out that if you look at evilsnail's argument as if he is scum, then it does match (trying to lynch two possible townies and try and put them at Lylo)
lol
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

evilsnail wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:ON the yawetag/evilsnail argument, I agree that the possibility of town losing 2 bodies, and then possibly 2 more tonight too big of a risk...and evilsnail keeps bringing up that "lynching is the way mafia is played"...first of all, don't generalize this to the entire site, it depends on the situation...second, we would still be getting a "lynch" out of mavsfan...it just as normal as any other mafia game's day...What you are going for is a double lynch which is not usually "how the way mafia is played"...Also pointing out that if you look at evilsnail's argument as if he is scum, then it does match (trying to lynch two possible townies and try and put them at Lylo)
lol
Not sure what that's about, but I do agree that the argument that you two are having is going nowhere else, you both have different opinions and nobody is changing... any opinion on my argument against xRex and his counter?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:39 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Lets go through why people voted for me

Evilsnail...
This is a strong chance that both of the trusted players will be townies, though. And, if someone fake-claims Mason, we'll soon find out who the real mason was. Honestly, narrowing down scum to two people is good for town. It increases our chances significantly.

That said, I'm not sure there's necessarily a point to this. Breadcrumbing is much more effective and masons can tell each other how they breadcrumbed during the night. That way, we can be pretty sure all the masons have info to back up their claim.

We should not NL today because of mavsfan. If we can get him modkilled, that's awesome, because it's like having an extra lynch. In no way does that motivate no lynching. Getting mavsfan modkilled means we can get two lynches with one night phase instead of two lynches with two night phases.

Pretty sure CMAR is the way to go today.

Vote: CryMeARiver
No folks he didn't provide any reason, but it did come right after this post...
Totally agree with this. His Day 1 posts were scummilicious. I toyed with the idea of voting him in my first post today, but I'd like to see him actually post first.
Dana...
I think that the Tracker is scummy. However, for reasons already mentioned, I find SK scummier. vote:Saint Kerrigan
Could you elaborate on this?

xRex...
Hmm, you're right.

This came after much flipflopping between me and mavs...could you elaborate on this at all

I just need to know why these votes are on me...neither of you gave any reason, so please fill in the blanks
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:41 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:Lets go through why people voted for me

Evilsnail...
This is a strong chance that both of the trusted players will be townies, though. And, if someone fake-claims Mason, we'll soon find out who the real mason was. Honestly, narrowing down scum to two people is good for town. It increases our chances significantly.

That said, I'm not sure there's necessarily a point to this. Breadcrumbing is much more effective and masons can tell each other how they breadcrumbed during the night. That way, we can be pretty sure all the masons have info to back up their claim.

We should not NL today because of mavsfan. If we can get him modkilled, that's awesome, because it's like having an extra lynch. In no way does that motivate no lynching. Getting mavsfan modkilled means we can get two lynches with one night phase instead of two lynches with two night phases.

Pretty sure CMAR is the way to go today.

No folks he didn't provide any reason, but it did come right after this post...
Totally agree with this. His Day 1 posts were scummilicious. I toyed with the idea of voting him in my first post today, but I'd like to see him actually post first.
Dana...
I think that the Tracker is scummy. However, for reasons already mentioned, I find SK scummier. vote:Saint Kerrigan
Could you elaborate on this?

xRex...
Hmm, you're right.

This came after much flipflopping between me and mavs...could you elaborate on this at all

I just need to know why these votes are on me...neither of you gave any reason, so please fill in the blanks
Oh, and in the 2nd post from evilsnail, he is talking about mavsfan
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 am

Post by evilsnail »

CryMeARiver wrote:Not sure what that's about, but I do agree that the argument that you two are having is going nowhere else, you both have different opinions and nobody is changing... any opinion on my argument against xRex and his counter?
Sorry, I just thought that your thoughts on my discussion with yawetag were quite dumb. Probably could have been more polite about that. I think your case against xReck is flimsy at best. It's pretty obvious that his playstyle is just like that.

I think others have outlined quite well why the case on you is a good one. That's why I didn't bother doing it myself and just voted you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

OBVIOUSLY MY CASE AGAINST FLARE WAS BETTER BECAUSE 1) HE WAS SCUM AND 2) IT STARTED AN ACTUAL WAGON.
green shirt thursdays
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:30 am

Post by danakillsu »

CMAR and mavs are NOT HELPING TOWN. So if one is scum and the other is town, we should love that. If both are scum, we probably win. If both are town, at least we only lost the worst two town members! Where's the math in that? Just use logic and reason, the main parts of this game. Stop confusing everyone with math.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

danakillsu wrote:CMAR [...] NOT HELPING TOWN.
From where did you gather this? Have you read his posts? Why didn't you respond to his Post 182?

His case against Reckoner looks pretty genuine to me... But not in a way that it makes him less scummy. Since nearly all signs point to him being Mafia, I think it's a genuine Mafia-aligned Wolf-hunting attack.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Shrinehme wrote:
danakillsu wrote:CMAR [...] NOT HELPING TOWN.
From where did you gather this? Have you read his posts? Why didn't you respond to his Post 182?

His case against Reckoner looks pretty genuine to me... But not in a way that it makes him less scummy. Since nearly all signs point to him being Mafia, I think it's a genuine Mafia-aligned Wolf-hunting attack.
Thank you for at least recognizing that I'm trying to help town...did you mean 282? I don't see how my case against xRex is weak as evilsnail says...
I was flung into a situation where who I replaced did a few scummy things...if Flareonage had turned town, he wouldn't be scummy at all, now would he? I think SK's problem was that everyone was calling for a Flareonage wagon without as much info as there usually is and with only 7 pages of info...I really don't know what else I can do to prove that I'm not scum, so I'll just leave it at that for now
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

CryMeARiver wrote:Thank you for at least recognizing that I'm trying to help town...
It's hysterical that Reckoner and Dana think people will be stupid enough quicklynch you just because they keeping shouting for it in all caps/exaggerating to the point of basically lying.

I see a very viable wolf team in them.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:15 am

Post by danakillsu »

Saint Kerrigan replaced out as soon as scum died and made a big deal out of nothing early on. That is my case against her. My case against CMAR (who I know is the same person) was that faulty argument about me claiming to be new when I wasn't (even though I actually am new).
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Once the math died down, the group somewhat divided into two groups: one a more bloodthirsty set, who shouted that someone needed to die (and soon!), and another that wanted to discuss things from a strategic perspective.

Meanwhile, lunch had come and gone unnoticed. Several feet of earth and concrete above them, the sun was beginning to set on a campus completely unaware of the proceedings below.

Fifth Votecount of Day 2

1. yawetag (0):
2. The Tracker (0):
3. cdubs (0):
5. CryMeARiver (3): danakillsu, evilsnail, xRECKONERx
6. danakillsu (0):
8. mavsfan41 (1): yawetag
9. xRECKONERx (1): CryMeARiver
10. Shrinehme (0):
11. evilsnail (0):

Players not voting: The Tracker, cdubs, mavsfan41, Shrinehme

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current wagon leader is CryMeARiver, at
L-2

Deadline: February 15 @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

The fact I can't get a good wagon going on CMAR is encouraging.
green shirt thursdays
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:38 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

So nothing I have done has given you a scum impression, just what you gathered from SK?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:41 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:So nothing I have done has given you a scum impression, just what you gathered from SK?
That makes me happy that I'm playing good town, but pissed at SK for screwing me (and possibly town)

The only thing that will really save me is a lynch of mavsvan
Unvote
Vote: Mavsfan/No Vote
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Come on guys, we only have a few days left before the deadline and we need a majority to lynch.

If CMAR is not today's lynch, he'll be tomorrow's lynch. It's really a waste to have an extra night phase.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

evilsnail wrote:Come on guys, we only have a few days left before the deadline and we need a majority to lynch.

If CMAR is not today's lynch, he'll be tomorrow's lynch. It's really a waste to have an extra night phase.
Why are you so dead set on lynching me? Is it because of what I posted above...if so, why did you not even respond to my question...come on now
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Tracker and Cdubs are lurking.

Note this!
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Reckoner, what's your read on Dana?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Shrinehme wrote:Tracker and Cdubs are lurking.

Note this!
Yes, I did notice this as well...Tracker was already a bit suspicious from his posts and now he's lurking...cdubs seemed to have informational, yet rare posts...one of which I really liked...but he's getting suspicious with is lurking as well..dang, everyone's being accused of scumminess :roll:
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dana = slightly town, slightly neutral. Not a lynch I'd support today.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Open Games”