Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Day 2 Vote Count
CSL ( 2 ) Rhinox popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 5 ) Raskol fishythefish Ellibereth farside22 mykonian
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) evilsnail
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 3 ) gayle Hoopla elvis_knits
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) ojanen CSL
Total Votes ( 13 )

With 13 alive, 7 needed to lynch.
Deadline: Feb 22nd 19:00 EST

Ellibereth wrote:Are my eyes glazing or did Jack just basically claim scum. :shock:
Jack wrote:
@the other universe:
I don't know about evilsnails alignment, but I can say that playing styles do change after a long absence. If I'd been asked that question at the beginning of this game I'd probably have said I lurked as mafia, but I've hardly lurked at all this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Are my eyes glazing or did Jack just basically claim scum. :shock:
Jack wrote:
@the other universe:
I don't know about evilsnails alignment, but I can say that playing styles do change after a long absence. If I'd been asked that question at the beginning of this game I'd probably have said I lurked as mafia, but I've hardly lurked at all this game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The OU needs to lynch Jack.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Has noone there noticed...
FLASH OF GREEN
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Gayle »

Ellibereth wrote:Has noone there noticed...
Maybe they realize it isn't all that big a deal?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I said there wasn't obvscum because most of the many various cases that have been presented are crap.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

popsofctown wrote:I said there wasn't obvscum because most of the many various cases that have been presented are crap.
Scum with Evil ^^^
FLASH OF GREEN
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Evilsnails case is meh. If anything farside puts herself in a position to go any direction she wants more than evilsnail does.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by evilsnail »

farside22 wrote:
evilsnail wrote:Well, to be honest, that post was more accurate for my old playing style. Some time has passed since I last played and I'm finding out that my new style is different. I haven't been going off gut reads as much in any of my games. I used to be more aggressive in following up on them, but now that seems kind of unhelpful. As for the caution, that has more to do with losing track of the game than anything else.
So you lied about what you do as scum when you first answered or you answered it thinking of past games and nothing that is current?
No.. that post was like three days after I re-joined. I only had my old playing style to go on.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

mykonian wrote:And I fully disagree with me being an easy lynch. Apart from the mistake, and in farside's case calling her a liar you don't have a single thing against me. Going after my theory discussion completely neglects what I did for searching scum, going after my theory discussion is actually kind of useless this far into the game (scum can hide in it way too easily, and all you pick out are the people that are weird)

So I dislike fishy calling me and him easy targets: seen the votes, Fishy clearly isn't, and he is way sensitive to the little pressure brought on him.
When I said "easy targets", I was talking about suspicions voiced by people. Rightly or wrongly, lots of people have been suspicious of you. Yeah, the more I read about what I said the more fail it is. I was under the impression that multiple people had recently given slight suspicions against me - actually, it was only 2 (Oj and farside). I am indeed way sensitive to little pressure.
evilsnail wrote:Geez, you're really taking this and running with it, aren't you? Granted, I joined the CSL wagon, but it's not true of other wagons. For DGB, I FOSed her the moment she said sharing scum tells was a scum tell, before there was any real suspicion on her. I then said that I considered this a mild scum tell, but that I have trouble reading her. This opinion went unchanged throughout the day. This is merely consistency. For ABR, it is also clearly not true. I also resisted the elvis vote, though this never really picked up. In fact, I've only jumped on a wagon once.

Btw, I haven't even made "lots of posts." And please show me some that read like content, but aren't. Because, at the moment, you're basically waffling.
The stance that you have a mild scum tell but have trouble reading someone is the perfect stance for scum wondering whether to hop on a wagon. The fact that you were consistent in this stance doesn't change that. For ABR, you fossed him over DGB's claim, and then in your next post said the case wasn't otherwise that strong. Yes, you commented on the case, and I'm not saying those comments are unbelievable. But after them, you were in a good position to go either way on ABR. I wasn't making points about you jumping on wagons. I was making points about you loitering around wagons, looking like you could jump on or sidle away at any moment.

You are right about the EK thing. I hadn't been thinking of this as a major wagon, but actually at the time you commented it had potential, and this doesn't fit well with my view of you.

For your last sentence - my case on you is very much based on your overall play. I think that on first glance, you don't give the impression of a lurker, but if you look harder at your posts there isn't generally much there. There's no point me quoting examples of places you didn't scumhunt - I don't find your individual posts particularly scummy - I suggest people read your iso to see if they agree with me (and I suggest you read it to see whether you think my suspicions are plausible).

How do you do those lines across posts? I'd like to draw one here.

I find pops's stance on CSL ok. His stated position is that with no great scumreads, why not lynch the player who is at best unreadable and at worst scummy. This makes sense, except that it sounds like pops isn't trying to scumhunt.

The other universe is going to lynch quickly. I would currently support a fairly quick (say next few days) lynch on snail, and probably also CSL - getting nearly a whole day behind them is extremely undesirable (they will have more scummy players over here than we have over there).
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Fishythefish wrote:When I said "easy targets", I was talking about suspicions voiced by people. Rightly or wrongly, lots of people have been suspicious of you. Yeah, the more I read about what I said the more fail it is. I was under the impression that multiple people had recently given slight suspicions against me - actually, it was only 2 (Oj and farside). I am indeed way sensitive to little pressure.
I guess I can understand that. I tend to overreact when voted myself (as I'm sure you can tell).
Fishythefish wrote:The stance that you have a mild scum tell but have trouble reading someone is the perfect stance for scum wondering whether to hop on a wagon. The fact that you were consistent in this stance doesn't change that. For ABR, you fossed him over DGB's claim, and then in your next post said the case wasn't otherwise that strong. Yes, you commented on the case, and I'm not saying those comments are unbelievable. But after them, you were in a good position to go either way on ABR. I wasn't making points about you jumping on wagons. I was making points about you loitering around wagons, looking like you could jump on or sidle away at any moment.
I guess, though I did immediately clarify my stance on ABR. There was only really a small window in which jumping on the wagon would have been believable.

Sure, you can accuse me of wagon-loitering, or whatever you want to call it, but the ultimate purpose of that is to jump on wagons. The fact that I've barely done that at all should tell you that there is no such strategy behind my posts. It's the actual wagonning that is supposed to make the behaviour scummy, not the behaviour in itself.
Fishythefish wrote:For your last sentence - my case on you is very much based on your overall play. I think that on first glance, you don't give the impression of a lurker, but if you look harder at your posts there isn't generally much there. There's no point me quoting examples of places you didn't scumhunt - I don't find your individual posts particularly scummy - I suggest people read your iso to see if they agree with me (and I suggest you read it to see whether you think my suspicions are plausible).
Well, I see how you can get the impression from my overall play. As I've said, I'm not particularly proud of my activity level so far and this is something I'm trying to remedy. But my point is that if you look at the posts themselves, I don't think you see someone trying to fake content. The impression my play might give overall is definitely not what I intended anyway.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Ellibereth wrote:
popsofctown wrote:I said there wasn't obvscum because most of the many various cases that have been presented are crap.
Scum with Evil ^^^
You know, I really dislike these kinds of posts. It's an easy way of stifling any opposition to your case. If pops responds, you can just treat it as more proof of your theory!

The beauty of it is that it is total speculation, based on an assumption for which you have no real proof. And you can't be called on this, because no one else does either. And when the person you're wagonning turns up town, you can just act as if you never said it. Who's going to remember it tomorrow anyway?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

Sorry everyone, I've had a busy week at work and have fallen a little behind. I should be able to catch up tonight/this weekend. Posting this in all my games.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Rhinox »

...and FYI I think the OU just hammered jack. So we're probably going to lose or gain a player in the next couple days.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Raskol »

Okay, I'm starting to see the type of posting from evil that he showed in his other mini under pressure. My suspicion of him is going down.

Gonna be rereading the thread sometime in the next few days.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:49 am

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote:Evilsnails case is meh. If anything farside puts herself in a position to go any direction she wants more than evilsnail does.
Scum with Evil ^^^
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 am

Post by zorastermod »

Universe 2 has entered night
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside's 114 was kick-ass. Thank you for putting all that info in one place. It really underlines how bad the dgb wagon was.

My thoughts on dgb wagoners:

Myko: Although I find myself disagreeing with him on every fundamental level, I somehow get the feeling he is sincere. I don't agree with his logic or thinking in many instances, but I really think he believes inwhat he's saying.

Pops: scummy. His dgb and abr votes show how he was just going with the flow, and that many of his votes have caveats that sound like he is voting somebody without thinking they are scum. Notice this:
pops wrote:I give votes to players that seem to want them.

vote:DGB
pops wrote:ABR is closer to L-0, and we need to make a lynch here.

unvote, vote ABR
pops wrote:All right. I don't see any obvscum, so I'm voting CSL
Vote: CSL
All of these votes seem like throw-away votes, like he doesn't actually think the person is scum.

fishy: actually seems to have some reasoning for voting dgb that is based on her actions and not some WIFOM craptacular. I don't know why but I still have some suspicions on fishy, but I have to admit that his dgb vote seems warranted.

rhinox:
rhinox wrote:I figured out something thats been bothering me about DGB. ABR-scum wouldn't be pursuing a personal vendetta, he would just be trying to force mislynch. For ABR to be tunneling because of a personal vendetta, that would point to ABR being town. DGB is arguing that a personal vendetta from ABR makes ABR scum, and that is just not the case.

Unless ABR has a vendetta that puts lynching DGB above his wincon regardless of allignment, which makes the tunneling a null tell, but makes ABR anti-town for doing so.

I have never played with DGB or ABR before, so I know nothing of either players meta or any possible vendetta between them. Truthfully, I could really care less right now, because right now in this game, DGB if flailing and looks scummy - ABR does not.

unvote: vote DGB
I think that is L-1 yes?. Claim time.
This is a very confusing post for me.

First paragraph makes sense and gives a good reason for voting dgb, but then second paragraph makes his first reason null. Then he flips back and says he doesn't have and firsthand knowledge of any personal vendetta, so he's going to discount the whole thing and still vote dgb because she is "flailing and looks scummy."

lol wut?

Basically he goes on about the personal vendetta thing and decides he doesn't care about it but that dgb is flailing and looks scumym so he'll still vote her. No evidence of where she is flailing or looks scummy. Just a vague blanket statement that is not backed up.

It looks like rhinox just needed a reason to put dgb to L-1 and ask for a claim.

OVERALL:
I find pops scummiest of the dgb voters. I also find rhinox suspicious. I find fishy to have the most legitimate case. And myko off the wall as usual, but not necessarily scummy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 am

Post by mykonian »

Myko: Although I find myself disagreeing with him on every fundamental level, I somehow get the feeling he is sincere. I don't agree with his logic or thinking in many instances, but I really think he believes inwhat he's saying.
By many people, I'm seen as a logical person. In case you don't get what I'm saying, this usually means I didn't type up logical steps (I try to avoid this, but I also don't want my posts to become too long).

And what does "off the wall" mean?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

mykonian wrote:
By many people, I'm seen as a logical person. In case you don't get what I'm saying, this usually means I didn't type up logical steps (I try to avoid this, but I also don't want my posts to become too long).

And what does "off the wall" mean?
I'm just saying that I think our minds work differently. I think atleast some of our problems come from that. I really get the feeling of sincerity from you, despite how much I disagree with you. So I am hesitant to say you are scummy just because we disagree about a lot of things. Sincerity earns a lot of town points with me.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Gayle »

I lied about catching up last night. I'll definitely catch up in a few hours though.

Also,
@U2:
What the fuck?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:55 am

Post by farside22 »

If anyone cares my top 3 scum suspects are Evil, Pops and Hoopla
Those I have my eye on: myko, fishy and CSL.

Obv town to me: EK, Gayle and OJ.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rhinox wrote:...and FYI I think the OU just hammered jack. So we're probably going to lose or gain a player in the next couple days.

THIS IS WHY THE NO SQUEAL/NO SQUEAL CORNER OF THE PRISONER'S DILEMMA DOESNT WORK
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

@e_k: If I didn't feel way too strongly about ABRscum yesterday, who should I have voted? One of the people at L-massive that I really thought was scummy? Should I have cut to the chase and voted NoLynch? Get real.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

Hopefully after I finish my physics homework I can spend some time in this thread to examine people.
"Well, I..."
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Why dida Plum say 2/3 in that letter she sent over to us?
Why aren't there more votes on evil?
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”