Mini 911 - Mike's Pizzeria Mafia (Game Over)

Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Seven »

Thor wrote:His individual pressuring of various players is a normal scumhunting technique - who has expressed a desire to vote him over vote hopping?
evilsnail wrote:Finished my re-read and an iso read and I feel pretty good about this now.

Vote: DeathRowKitty

For the following reasons:

- He is all over the place. He pressured SeerPenguin early on, then unvoted, saying he was misguided town. He votes Seven, asks for a claim, then unvotes and says Seven is prob town. He went after Parama on the basis of gut, then unvoted saying Parama was prob town. And now he's going after DeathSauce. See a pattern? This to me looks a lot like scum unable to make a case stick. Sure, you can appeal to gut, but this doesn't really look like genuine gut-based voting. Gut feelings are random, but also stubborn.
This is what I was referring to.
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by evilsnail »

His behaviour is hardly the same as vote hopping or pressuring. None of those votes were explicitly motivated by the desire to pressure a player. They were all motivated by cases that, in the end, didn't hold up.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Votecount #14

DeathRowKitty (2) - Thor665, evilsnail
Seven (2) - DeathSauce, Idiotking
DeathSauce (1) - DeathRowKitty
Idiotking (1) - Parama

Not Voting (4) - (Radical Hijinx), Lastsurvivor, Panzerjager, Seven

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline: 2:00PM U.S. Central Time, Friday, February 19, 2010

Prodding Panzerjager.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

I have been pleasantly surprised by the high levels of activity everyone currently in this game has exhibited. Keep up the good work!
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Seven »

@evilsnail:

I think only DRK can really tell us what his votes were motivated by. Just because he gave reasons for his votes does not mean they didn't have the purpose of pressuring the player. I dunno it depends what DRK says about this, really.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 am

Post by evilsnail »

Then how can you know they were pressure votes?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Idiotking »

People aren't allowed to make outside observations and come to a conclusion about someone's motives based on their actions, Seven?
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Seven »

Yes they can, I'm just saying I want to hear what DRK has to say about it. I've already come to my own conclusion about his motives so obviously I'm aware that it can be done.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Seven - at the beginning of Day 2 you indicated SP/RH/whoever was your current remaining top suspect but wanted to work through your re-reads to see if that still held true - does it, or is someone else now your top suspect?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Re: my votes

It's probably better I explain them one-by-one in this case:

SeerPenguin, First Time - random vote
Idiotking - for stalking me, of course (random vote)
Lastsurvivor - gut (vote was intentionally made without giving explicit reasoning to try to get a response out of LS)
SeerPenguin, Second Time - partly because he was really stretching, mostly because I was pissed he told me to go die in a cave; i was actually starting to get a newb-town read here TBH (yeah, I know, only vote for people you think are scum)
Seven - I thought he was scum. I gave reasoning with this one.
Parama - Gut read. I no longer thought Seven was scum, so I voted someone I had a gut read on as scum. I intentionally withheld my reasoning on this one to see his reaction, mostly if he'd jump on the vote as a reason to attack me, considering how ridiculous my post looked.
DeathSauce, First Time - I voted DeathSauce because he's scum. This hasn't changed. He's still scum. More votes please.
danakillsu - I didn't actually vote him, but I intended to. (I originally typed out the post and voted him, only to get sidetracked for an hour, during which time he was put at L-1.) I was ready to vote because he had to be the lynch at that point. He was "suspicious" (I stand by my use of that word) and our second vanilla claim and it was the day before deadline.
DeathSauce, Second Time - Seriously guys, he's still scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Parama - Gut read. I no longer thought Seven was scum, so I voted someone I had a gut read on as scum. I intentionally withheld my reasoning on this one to see his reaction, mostly if he'd jump on the vote as a reason to attack me, considering how ridiculous my post looked.
Out of curiosity what would him jumping on you over a ridiculous vote prove? both scum and town tend to react negatively towards people who present nonsensical cases. Did you get a useful read from this one?
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Seven »

@Thor: I am pretty suspicious of SP's actions D1. I've kind of forgotten about him because of the lack of a replacement and I should probably do a re-read of his D1 ISO and will do so tonight. Not willing to put a vote on him until we hear from a replacement. I'll give you more definitive thoughts on him tonight.

Pending a SP replacement my focus is more on PJ and DS.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Rewrite. Yay. I love rewrites.
Thor wrote:Out of curiosity what would him jumping on you over a ridiculous vote prove? both scum and town tend to react negatively towards people who present nonsensical cases. Did you get a useful read from this one?
It's the kind of thing I would expect scum to get more paranoid about than town. I was hoping he would come out of the blue with a loud attack on me focused largely around that one post. Well, maybe not that drastic, but you get the idea.

Instead, he responded with this:
Parama wrote:DRK, tbh, I don't understand your vote at all. Whatever. Not going to fault you for it, since I honestly don't know what you're thinking, and I don't know your alignment, etc. etc. If you see something I don't, please feel free to clear it up <_<
TBH, this response just confused me at the time. Reading it now, it looks oddly town though. I think. It's mostly the part about me seeing something he doesn't. It seems to me like scum in that position would be less likely than town to just sit back and request evidence to be brought against them, especially with the option open to attack me and probably take little flak for it because of my ridiculous posting.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Shiverer replaces Radical Hijinx!! Let's have a round of applause!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Parama »

*clap clap clap clap clap*
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Shiverer »

/dead babies

Will read up ASAP, if I don't lose the inspiration, but from what little I've read (two or four pages of madcap RVS gigglery), I'm about ready to do the technicolor yawn all over my keyboard.

vote: Seven
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Shiverer »

Actually, I'm in an investigative mood, so forget the unexplained vote deal. Who are your primary suspects, Seven? (Not a trap question, despite the vote.)
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Shiverer »

Oh, I am blind.
Seven wrote:Pending a SP replacement my focus is more on PJ and DS.
Just those three?
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Seven »

@Shiverer: yes.
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Shiverer »

@Seven: hiya.
Seven wrote:I'll give you more definitive thoughts on him [SP] tonight.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Wow. Great to see such a scummy spot was replaced into by someone I won't get any bad vibes off of.

Oh wait, I'm wearing my sarcastic hat again.

Seriously? A vote on Day 2 based off of a self-professed reading of the RVS stage of Day 1? What did Seven do that was so suspicious during RVS to make him worthy of a vote on Day 2?
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Shiverer »

Thor665 wrote:Wow. Great to see such a scummy spot was replaced into by someone I won't get any bad vibes off of.

Oh wait, I'm wearing my sarcastic hat again.
Glad to know I won't be confusing your reads. Drives me nuts when it happens to me.
Seriously? A vote on Day 2 based off of a self-professed reading of the RVS stage of Day 1? What did Seven do that was so suspicious during RVS to make him worthy of a vote on Day 2?
Nothing. I didn't mean for there to be any connection between my comment about RVS and my vote. (It didn't occur to me that "madcap RVS gigglery" was such aggressive terminology.) My vote hinged on a partial misunderstanding about Seven's suspicions.

On an unrelated note, Thor, I'm interested in seeing your updated thoughts on DRK.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Shiverer wrote:Nothing. I didn't mean for there to be any connection between my comment about RVS and my vote. (It didn't occur to me that "madcap RVS gigglery" was such aggressive terminology.) My vote hinged on a partial misunderstanding about Seven's suspicions.
...buh? So you're saying your vote is wrong? Is there a reason to have it on him now then? Could you also describe what was the misunderstanding about Seven you had the predicated the vote?

And, if I understand you correctly, you were simply calling the most recent four or so pages madcap RVS? If so, I misunderstood you, when you said you had read RVS I went ahead and presumed you meant the RVS stage at the beginning of the game.
Shiverer wrote:On an unrelated note, Thor, I'm interested in seeing your updated thoughts on DRK.
My updated thoughts on DRK? I only posted my case on him at the beginning of the week and he's had zero response to it and most of his posts since then have been fairly free of content or simply defensive in nature. What sort of update do you expect me to have?

I did call him out for the one thing he's said over the past 3-4 days I had issue with - he hasn't responded yet.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Thor wrote: I did call him out for the one thing he's said over the past 3-4 days I had issue with - he hasn't responded yet.
Thought I'd responded to everything. Must have missed it. Can you quote it or link me to it?

@Shiverer
Hi Shiverer! What do you think of DeathSauce?
Shiverer
Shiverer
Townie
Shiverer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Shiverer »

1. I did a lot of skimming, so expect me to miss things. I apologize in advance.

2. Seven, please direct me to any recent/semi-recent post of yours that's involved a strong scum read, a strong argument for why you find someone scummy, or even a strong town read. Anything substantial laid out with a good degree of conviction. Frankly, I'm seeing way too much curiosity and indecisive (I understand I may have missed something; see my first point.)

3. Thor, I was referring to the only RVS that ever exists in any game. Regarding your updated thoughts on DRK: never mind then.

4. Parama, post 439: "From recent posts, Panzer's vote looks like a bus. Which
it isn't
, since I will admit that he added plenty of points to the dana case." Scummy wording or sloppy wording?

5. I want to see a Lastsurvivor analysis from everyone, and pardon the rudeness but I want it yesterday.

6. Re: DRK. Hi.

unvote
vote: DeathSauce

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”