AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vote: kyle99

I was trying to install Boxee on my Ubuntu HTPC last week and it took FOREVER to make the sound work. Then it took FOREVER to make it wake on IR USB. Then it took FOREVER to make it Wake on LAN. Eventually, I gave up and installed Windows 7. Everything worked right away.

tl;dr Linux avatar FTL.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Everyone - If you HAD to policy lynch one player in this game, who would it be and why?

It'd be cool if the answers weren't random.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nikanor wrote: also know AlmasterGM from that newbie game where he won as scum versus DTM and tubby.
*bows*
Sakako wrote:Wow. I can't win. In the last two games I played, I screwed up the RVS cause I kept it going. Now I don't want to vote, and I'm getting voted for?
A bit defensive and trying hard to please, eh?
DRK wrote:Vote: kyle99

As early as it is, he already looks like he's floating along.
Is this a serious vote?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

What is a floater?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Espeonage wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Neto, who's scum?
That is a stupid question. Maybe a better one would be, who do you suspect is leaning towards scum.
It'd be helpful if you could just answer the inferred question instead of stubbornly arguing about semantics.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ok, this is getting really stupid.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I agree with Lowell. In particular, these three comments from Monkey didn't sit well with me:
Monkey wrote:I don't believe in policy lynches, I believe in voting scum. Policy lynching, or anyone who would advocate voting someone that might be town, is scummy.
The question was hypothetical. Answering it with a qualifier was not out of reach. Minimally, answering the question would have been useful in determining what Monkey thinks of other players, etc. Ironically, Monkey later criticizes someone for "not contributing," when he himself avoided contributing for 3 days straight after game start by shooting down questions such as this one.
Just because something is common or uncommon is not a logical reason for something to be scummy or not scummy. There are things that are scummy that happen quite frequently, and things that are townish that are quite rare. Lurking, for example, is a frequent scum tactic. Likewise, having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game.
Disagree. While good play is fairly inelastic definition wise, what constitutes a scumtell varies greatly on meta. Sure, running to meta all the time is bad, but so is saying "we don't look at game history at all, we only look at the godbook of scumtells, it never changes and is always accurate, amen."
Random Player X and Random Player Y are a potential scumteam(as long as its not me). Discuss.
What's the point of throwing this potential discussion under the rug?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:18 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Monkey wrote:Why are you continually taking what I say out of context? I never said meta should be ignored completely,
First, why should people have to read a ton of context for what you say to make sense? Just say what you mean the first time. Second, yes you did. You said, "Having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game." Explain to me how that is NOT a denial of meta.
That and I never said discussing any possible scum combos should be "thrown under the rug". I just found it fairly self serving to discuss me as part of a scum team after I had voted him, especially considering xReckonerx had been complaining of OMGUS before.
Once again, that's not what you said. Your comment was a mocking dismissal. Moreover, even if it was self-serving to a degree, so what? Why does that make it an irrelevant topic for discussion? You could point out that it's self serving without the condescension.

Unvote. Vote: Monkey.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:Please be advised that this is L-2. If we go to L-1, I'm taking off my vote, just because I don't quite feel absolutely comfortable with this yet. I think Monkey may be the play today, but I want to hear more from him in response to all of this before we do anything.
For some reason, this sounded really ingenuine to me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

xRECKONERx wrote:Sak's motivations are scummy. Townies should worry about scumhunting, no standing out or blending in.
I strongly agree with this. The only thought in the back of my mind is that he is could actually be a legitimately depressed emo teenager who wants validation, in which case his behavior would be more understandable. This theory is slightly supported by his strange avatar. He has a pretty detailed game history wiki page and he's already been scum twice - anyone with some spare time want to do a bit of meta research?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:Almaster: I did a quick iso glance-through of his 2 games. Remarkably similar play...But, I don't really have a town read to compare it with, so take it with a grain of salt. Also, I'm not really a huge fan of using meta.
I'm not in love with meta either, but if he actually is what I suggested, then, well, his play would make logical sense.

To be fair, though, he was scum in both of those games, so it would be foolish to ignore that connection and only focus on his possible innocence. I suppose I'd be fine with pursuing a Sakako wagon.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I don't like the way Netopalis backed off the Monkey case so easily the minute I suggested I would consider a Sakako wagon. Monkey's responses to the case against him weren't particularly genius - rather, they seemed pretty generic to me. The fact that Net gave up so easily means either A) his Monkey case was poorly built in the first place, because he never bothered to examine basic front lines, or B) he wants to kick it in favor of either an easier or a non-Monkey target. Neither option bodes well.
xRECKONERx wrote:You lurk your ass off, then come in and put Sakako at L-1 by repeating the same argument used by other people (which is, IMO, the WORST reason to be lynching him at the moment).
No
other content in the game whatsoever.

Sakako is still scummy (and not because he's, as some of you put it, "not playing"). But kyle's L-1 vote is waaaay more deserving of a vote right now.
It'd actually be L-2, not L-1. Either way, though, I don't really understand the whole "L-1" paranoia. Sure, Kyle was lurking and his reasons were copy/paste, but why is him using
reasons we think are good
to put someone we
think is scummy
at L-1 so god awful in and of itself?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:05 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Net wrote:Almaster: The reason that I backed off of the Monkey wagon is actually option (c), that I didn't feel that the questioning was productive. We were talking in circles, and it didn't seem like either of us were going to budge. Rather than wasting the town's attention on a pointless circular argument, I switched over to Sakako, who I also feel has a fairly strong case against him. In the meantime, I'll be watching Monkey and, if I feel that I have anything to put a stronger case on him, I'll be renewing the attack there.
This sounds to me like a tricksy way of saying "I backed off Monkey because the wagon because it was less popular and got on the Sakako wagon because it was more popular." Regardless of what your intentions are, though, who do you actually think is more scummy - Monkey or Sakako (e.g., if both were at L-1, who would you hammer)?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:Well, that's a tricky question. I think that Monkey is more likely to be scum, but I also think that I can't prove it yet. I'd hammer him in that situation. The reason that I switched was due to a lack of evidence and our conversation was making it fairly obvious that he wasn't going to budge any time soon.
If it's a lack of evidence, then why do you think Monkey is more likely to be scum? Logically, wouldn't the player you think is scummiest have the most evidence piling against them? On the other point, why does Monkey need to "budge" for you to have your vote on him? With the exception of (maybe) Sakako, since when do scum lie down and concede cases against them?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:31 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

xRECOKNERx wrote: kyle99 lynch might not be as informational... but it'd remove that WIFOM target for the rest of the game. EVERY game I've played with kyle99 has turned into him either being a scum lynch or a mislynch at some point. Never a night kill.
I could understand this mentality in some games, but this game has a lot of good D1 content. If we lynch Kyle because he is, in fewer words, "hard to read" and he flips town, the lynch will have been a complete waste and we will have gotten absolutely nowhere.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lowell wrote:I just have a strong newb-town vibe from him in iso. I realize that's not the most satisfying answer.

I also think scum would have figured out the way to win this is to lurk to high heaven. With the "gotcha" idiocy going on it's what I'd do.
So, who is lurking?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I want moar from almightybob and Nikanor.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Wagon time, anyone?

Unvote. Vote: Nikanor.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Sakako wrote:I want to see what some pressure does to him.

Unvote
, if I had one already.
Vote: Nikanor
Obviously you would be the first person on the wagon.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

xRECKONERx wrote:Nikanor wagon =/= productive
Why not? Nikanor is worse than Kyle right now, IMO.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Nikanor wagon =/= productive
Why not? Nikanor is worse than Kyle right now, IMO.
From what I undersetand, Nikanor's lurking is consistant with his town meta, so how is he worse?
Oh, so you like meta now? How does that interact with this post:
Monkey wrote:Just because something is common or uncommon is not a logical reason for something to be scummy or not scummy. There are things that are scummy that happen quite frequently, and things that are townish that are quite rare. Lurking, for example, is a frequent scum tactic. Likewise, having made an argument in a previous game does not make you less scummy in this game.
Yeah, I don't know why I was ever duped into taking my vote of Monkey.

Unvote. Vote: Monkey.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Espeonage wrote:AGM and xRx, what do both of you rate the possibility of a kyle-Monkey-??? scumteam at this point?

I ask you two as you seem both seem to have opinions on Monkey as well as the other main wagons.
0%. I am completely unconvinced of this Kyle wagon right now. I have already explained why I think lynching him because he's "hard to read" is a bad play. Given the fact that there are plenty of other people acting extremely scummy (Monkey and Sak), I see no reason why Kyle cannot wait. Monkey isn't even trying to explain himself in response to anything I say, he's just letting it get buried in all the lotsofposting and hoping the wagon on Kyle will take over.

Oh yeah, and Nik, plz replace kthx.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Just to clarify, I never changed my opinion about meta, my opinion is, that meta shouldnt be used as the sole basis of defending yourself. There's nothing wrong with using meta as a means of understanding playstyles. In Kyle's case, I have played with him before, so it would be poor judgement on my part not to use meta to analyze his performance. Neto however, was using a meta defence as the only way to defend himself. So there is nothing inconsistant about my position.
So if you use meta, it's OK, but if other people do, it's not? I don't see the difference between you using meta to attack and exonerate people and Neto using it to defend himself. Either way, at best, you're advocacy shifting, as this "clarification" has been
completely
unclear until right now. At worst, you're still being hypocritical.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nikanor wrote:So, I'm thinking at least one of Almaster and Neto are scum. They're my two top suspects, and it would be weird for me to be wrong twice, I think.
Wow, this is pretty cocky for somebody who is having trouble even keeping up with the thread.
Nik wrote:Neto is literally *shrug*ing off his attackers, which is ridiculously scummy, especially when I know that he doesn't do this as town.
So was Monkey until extremely recently ... but you don't find him scummy at all. Hrm.
Nik wrote:
Almaster wrote:Either way, though, I don't really understand the whole "L-1" paranoia. Sure, Kyle was lurking and his reasons were copy/paste, but why is him using reasons we think are good to put someone we think is scummy at L-1 so god awful in and of itself?
What the hell is that? Do you not care about the possibility that the guy you're wagoning might be town, and that the person hopping on the wagon may be opportunistic scum?
If this is THE #1 scumtell you have seen this entire game, which I presume it is since your vote is on me, you are clearly not paying attention to the game at all. EVEN IF my post is suspect, which it's not at all, it's definitely not the most important thing that's happened. And to answer your argument: No, I'm not concerned because I don't think Kyle is scum, and I don't think the target is town. And, even if I am wrong, which I doubt, it still doesn't make L-2 bad. TWO additional people would have to wagon for a quicklynch to happen, and if they do, they are obvscum and will die accordingly.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nikanor wrote:So, I'm thinking at least one of Almaster and Neto are scum. They're my two top suspects, and it would be weird for me to be wrong twice, I think.
Wow, this is pretty cocky for somebody who is having trouble even keeping up with the thread.
Nik wrote:Neto is literally *shrug*ing off his attackers, which is ridiculously scummy, especially when I know that he doesn't do this as town.
So was Monkey until extremely recently ... but you don't find him scummy at all. Hrm.
Nik wrote:
Almaster wrote:Either way, though, I don't really understand the whole "L-1" paranoia. Sure, Kyle was lurking and his reasons were copy/paste, but why is him using reasons we think are good to put someone we think is scummy at L-1 so god awful in and of itself?
What the hell is that? Do you not care about the possibility that the guy you're wagoning might be town, and that the person hopping on the wagon may be opportunistic scum?
If this is THE #1 scumtell you have seen this entire game, which I presume it is since your vote is on me, you are clearly not paying attention to the game at all. EVEN IF my post is suspect, which it's not at all, it's definitely not the most important thing that's happened. And to answer your argument: No, I'm not concerned because I don't think Kyle is scum, and I don't think the target is town. And, even if I am wrong, which I doubt, it still doesn't make L-2 bad. TWO additional people would have to wagon for a quicklynch to happen, and if they do, they are obvscum and will die accordingly.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nik wrote:Do you think that my ability to keep up with the thread has an impact on my ability to find scum? If so, why?
Frankly, yes. You are much more likely to have a grasp on what's going on if you are following the thread closely AND doing re-reads rather than just jumping in and reading a ton of content. There are psychological warrants for this. This is evidenced by the quote below.
Nik wrote:Where? I saw no *shrug*s coming from Monkey.
Case in point of you not being 100% in the know. Go re-read the thread. I address Monkey multiple times, he doesn't reply. I've pointed this out before, too.
So, assuming the person who was wagoned was scum, you don't think that maayyybe kyle could have been bussing by voting him with no reason of his own?
No. And even if this were the case, it does nothing to address the fact that your attack is incredibly weak compared to the rest of the thread. It seems to me like, in your probably-rushed-re-read, you just picked somebody that you wanted to paint as scummy, picked one thing they said, and went gogogoo.
Nik wrote:kyle, want to join me on the Almaster wagon?
kyle99 wrote:Nope
LMAO, owned. So yeah, AFA the rest of the game goes, Monkey is still scummy and I still like my vote. We are close to the deadline, though, so activity needs to pick up and we need to hear from anybody who isn't posting actively.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Can someone explain this "Nik is town because he didn't get on the obvwagon" tell to me? I don't get it. If scumNik had come back after some heavy lurking and immediately gotten on one of the three popular wagons, we would have been all over him for opportunism/wagoning/lurking/etc. Look what happened to kyle. If Nik didn't want to look scummy, his only play was to find a new target. At least, that's how things read to me.

This doesn't MAKE him scum; I just don't think he's probtown.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

FAKE CLAIM IS FAKE.

I understand the whole math argument, but it only seems advantageous if we can PROVE Monkey's alignment later. Otherwise, like Sakko himself admits, the logic applies to anyone in the game. How precisely do we determine the legitimacy of Monkey's claim? Remember, it has to be guaranteed proof; otherwise, the math reduces to approximately 50/50 odds, in which case I would be totally fine with lynching Monkey because I think he's lying scum.

How do we prove it?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:51 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

+1 to Reckoner's post. My vote stays.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

If Monkey flips town I will LOL.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:54 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

xRECKONERx wrote:Don't worry Esp. I'm all for a kyle wagon. I know it's hypocritical, but his hammer came at a time when we could've gleaned more info in retrospect.
Yeah, no. This advocacy shift will not be permitted.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nik looks pretty scummy. So does hitogoroshi. I have no clue how, after that scumtastic post yesterday, he managed to fall off everyone's radar by 1) posting a ton of IIoA, 2) promising to follow up on it, 3) and then not doing so.

Vote: hitogoroshi
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hmm, Hito's last post made a lot of sense. I especially liked his analysis on Neto (who still has yet to post, by the way).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I see absolutely nothing wrong with kyle's hammer.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:07 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

obv bus is obv.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #35) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:09 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Netopalis wrote:*shrugs* I don't often bus. Also, like I said yesterday, I work much, much better on D2. There's more to analyze and it plays more to my style.
Meta FTL.
Net wrote:Finally, I don't think you can see a strong connection between us on D1. Regardless, Lowell's the play today, I feel.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that this was more of a scumtell than a towntell. Since when do scumbuddies try to establish strong ties between each other?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'd be down for either a Netopalis or Lowell lynch right now, but right now I'm leaning Netopalis because his activity level has literally plummeted between D1 and now, whereas Lowell is minimally staying the same (and I agreed with him yesterday). Plus, this post is just outrageous:
Net wrote:Take it as you will. I've seen scum stick together and I've seen them distance. It's still something that I'm not going to seriously bother defending myself against until the flip.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lowell: Promising to post and then not doing so since 2010.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lowell's post was pretty good. I am also interested to hear what Zach has to say.

Netopolis, meanwhile, has yet to do any scumhunting at all today. And, when I mentioned this before, his response was something like "I am responding to the attacks against me, what moar do you want." More scumhunting is what I want.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:49 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Neto wrote:I posted this and nobody commented. I really have nothing to add since then.
lolwut.
Unvote. Vote: Netopalis
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:53 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hito wrote:I was 'avoiding' the Monkey wagon because I was having time issues. 'After the fact' was the first time I had a chance to really digest it, and kyle's hammer cut that short. What motivation would I have as scum to avoid the Monkey wagon that I wouldn't have as town?
This still makes NO sense to me. You posted very coherent analysis of whether or not we should lynch Monkey near the end of D1. You said:
hito wrote:Lynch all liars, man. We're taking down monkey today.
So your failure to be on the Monkey wagon had absolutely nothing to do with you not being able to process the information, which is what you are trying to claim now. If that were the case, then you would've posted something like, "hey guys, I need to catch up on the Monkey wagon before I make a decision." Not "I AGREE." No, your reason for not being on the wagon was, as Netopalis pointed out, because you still wanted to make a post and look pro-town that day.
hito wrote:That being said. I don't want to do it quite yet. My reason is, granted, a pretty selfish one - I haven't had much time to get down good solid content in this game and I really don't want the day to end without me having anything down because I know if I don't add anything that's one less townie pushing the game and the less townies pushing the game the easier it is for scum to do so.
Your advocacy here is crystal clear. "I want to lynch Monkey, but I want to get a good post in first." Not only is this self-admittedly selfish, but it has other implications as well. You probably realized that simply waltzing in and hammering Monkey after playing lurk-o-matic the entire day would look like opportunistic bandwagoning and appear scummy as hell,
especially
because, as scum, you knew Monkey was going to flip town. So you delayed and are now trying to pass that move off as "time issues."

tl;dr - You are lying about not having time to process the Monkey wagon and did not vote for him because you didn't want to look scummy.

FoS: hito
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

hito wrote:Not because he avoided it, but because he was, for all intents and purposes, "on the wagon". He never tried to pass off his avoidance of the Monkey wagon as pro-town, which is IMO just a few minor town points in his favor. But like I said, his reasoning for not hammering Monkey in the first place was awful, because there's nothing he could post D1 that he couldn't post D2, so the scum/town points kinda cancel each other out.
There was absolutely no way to successfully pass off avoiding the Monkey wagon as protown, so I don't see why he should get town points for that.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

V/LA until Wednesday.

I thought I posted this preprod, but I must have forgot. My bad.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nikanor wrote:I don't see any reason to not nolynch, unless someone has role information they'd like to share.
You are scum. Die now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #44) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I am calling Nikanor 99.9999% scum, that being said I probably support the no-lynch.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:13 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Nik dies tomorrow.

Vote: No Lynch
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm down for popcornolicious.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Zachrulez - 1
almightybob - 2
xRECKONERx - 3
Lowell - 4
AlmasterGM - 5
Nikanor - 6
hitogoroshi - 7

d7 = 533929866
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

This massclaim cannot take a week. It must move faster. Personally, I'm ready to start discussing Nikanor's lynch.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Zachrulez wrote:I'm a mason, with AlmasterGM (With confirmation of innocence.)

So there's no real point to Almaster claiming now, which leaves Bob and Hito, and out of those two, I would prefer that Bob claim first.
+1.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (isolation #50) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

The only obvious scum here is you. Care to outline the blockbuster case against Zach and I?

As evidence of Masory, I can offer you several quotes where Kyle and I blatantly refused to go after eachother. Not the fact that we say there is ZERO chance of each other being scum. This is a pretty bold declaration to make.
[Chance of Kyle being scum with Monkey]
0%. I am completely unconvinced of this Kyle wagon right now. I have already explained why I think lynching him because he's "hard to read" is a bad play. Given the fact that there are plenty of other people acting extremely scummy (Monkey and Sak), I see no reason why Kyle cannot wait. Monkey isn't even trying to explain himself in response to anything I say, he's just letting it get buried in all the lotsofposting and hoping the wagon on Kyle will take over.
No, I'm not concerned because I don't think Kyle is scum
So, assuming the person who was wagoned was scum, you don't think that maayyybe kyle could have been bussing by voting him with no reason of his own?
No. And even if this were the case, it does nothing to address the fact that your attack is incredibly weak compared to the rest of the thread. It seems to me like, in your probably-rushed-re-read, you just picked somebody that you wanted to paint as scummy, picked one thing they said, and went gogogoo.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with kyle's hammer.
kyle, want to join me on the Almaster wagon?
Nope
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (isolation #51) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I agree with Zach that Bob should go before Hito.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

SCUM

Nikanor
hito
almightybob
Lowell
Recokner
Zachrulez

TOWN

@Reck: What is the point of these lists? Doesn't it just point a big arrow to the scum saying "Here's who you NK, here's who you don't!"

I'm slightly concerned that Bob and Lowell are so ready to chuck Nikanor under the bus, but I guess they don't have much choice. And it's not like Nikanor is doing anything useful.

L-1 time.

Vote: Nikanor
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

well that was unfortunate.

Good job to the mafia team.