Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Kdub »

RayFrost wrote:I could explain my CSL vote, but I'm feeling a bit lazy on that.

current suspects are CSL, pulindar, and that's just about it.

pulindar, despite seeming like he's scumhunting, hasn't put much weight behind his positions, imo.

90% of his posts are just asking questions

there becomes a point where asking questions does nothing but make it seem like you are doing something useful, and pulindar is getting closer to that with time.

CSL is cuz he's CSL and is bandwagoning with very weak reasnoing behind his vote.
I agree with your CSL read, but my past experience with him as town makes me think his lack of reasoning is not a reliable tell.

Can you point to specific pulindar quotes where you think he is seeming to scumhunt without actually doing anything? I have a town feeling from him, so it would be good to get another perspective.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote Count:

Animorpherv1 (L-3) ~ Pulindar

Battle Mage (L-1) ~ RayFrost, Haylen, CSL

RayFrost (L-3) ~ Kdub
Pulindar (L-3) ~ Battle Mage

Not Voting
: Animorpherv1

Animorpherv1 has been prodded.

Battle Mage is at L-1!

7 alive, 4 to lynch! Deadline is Friday, 18th February 2010, 8 pm GMT.
Last edited by Maemuki on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mod, I'm at L-3

I'm not liking BM ATM.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Haylen »

Unvote

I don't like players being at L-1 during this stage of the game. I don't like the lack explaining CSL used when he put BM at L-1. In my opinion, if you put someone at L-1, you truly believe they are scum and want them lynched. This is to prevent simulposts and an intentional L-1 vote actually being a hammer.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Pulindar »

ooo L-1 that's not good.

I forgot about Ray's vote on him.

Anyway, good job unvoting Haylen.

I doubt that CSL meant to put BM at L-1, but I don't know for sure.
CSL did you mean to put BM at L-1?
Were you intentionally trying to get him that close to lynching?
Are you that certain he is scum?
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 am

Post by CSL »

No. No. More than anyone, but not very certain. I may end up going to animorph before the day is over.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pulindar wrote: I disagree with doing a random vote section, but honestly don't care much. My view is that it exists to start conversation, and conversation has been started. but if people don't like the conversation and don't feel it is getting anywhere, and if the game is not in LyLo then they can feel free to random vote.

I was wondering BM, why did you vote me in your second post rather than your first?
Well i'm glad at least one person sees where i'm coming from! lol
It's not so much that i dont like the conversation, but more that we havent got enough to work with from the RVS we had, and when i made my post, the game had somewhat stagnated. Further, i think the best approach to this game might be process of elimination- deducing who is likely to be protown, and then lynching based on that.

I won't be explaining my vote on you atm, as it looks like i might be lynched today, and it wouldnt be worthwhile. What i will say is, i think i've narrowed down the potential scumbags to 3 players. But i'll see how that shapes up as the day continues. My vote stands, but i'm afraid you're going to have to give me the benefit of the doubt for now. :)
Kdub wrote:BM, why are you ignoring questions?

Still more jokes and no content from Ray. I like my vote where it is.
Kdub, what questions have i ignored?
Pulindar wrote: RayFrost: I don't like your argument on CSL. I don't agree with it. Also the reason for voting BM may nto be the strongest, but it is a reason. That the two people voting BM are the two I am most sure are town lends credence to their argument.
Do you believe that it is more likely for a townie to attack a scumbag than another townie?

Your approach here is very dangerous. Whilst believing 2 people are town may lend credence to their argument in the sense that they are less likely to be running someone up (and statistically, this is untrue anyway ;)), how much more valid does it make the argument which, at the end of the day, is absolute regurgitated trash? :P
Pulindar wrote: As for me, well someone has to ask questions, and you aren't doing anything. Kdubs is stepping up surprisingly well. He's definitely changed my read on that spot. I was getting pretty sure that that spot was scum, now I'm honestly leaning towards town. I guess we'll see as we go.
Rayfrost is coming over very protown to me. Kdub is doing what Kdub would do regardless of affiliation. Whether he is a better player than SaintKerrigan or not, doesnt mean anything to me. If you want to explain why you feel Kdub is TOWN, please do so.

And i've changed my mind.
Unvote, Vote: Animorpherv

Post 127 looks like a prelude to a hammer, despite me not being at -1. Dunno why the heck you guys are all panicking, Ray unvoted ages ago. lol
Though i guess the Mod should fix the votecount.

More pending.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

CSL wrote:Still halting discussion. You
pretty much
earned my vote right there.

Unvote; Vote: Battle Mage

(The unvote was added to reduce the chances of a mod headache. :) )
Italics: Pretty much? You don't sound all that sure. ;)

As for halting discussion...really CSL? REALLY? I cant really stomach that argument from someone who participates as prolifically as you. In light of the fact there was no discussion to halt, especially from your corner, do you have anything further to add?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Haylen »

BM wrote: As for halting discussion...really CSL? REALLY?
That's hilarious when i imagine you speaking in your real voice :P

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:
Unvote

I don't like players being at L-1 during this stage of the game. I don't like the lack explaining CSL used when he put BM at L-1. In my opinion, if you put someone at L-1, you truly believe they are scum and want them lynched. This is to prevent simulposts and an intentional L-1 vote actually being a hammer.
*shrug* you put me at L-2, as did CSL. I don't see how he is any more accountable than you. Furthermore, that's the second time you've got incredibly edgy at someone being at -1, yet you havent gone as far as to stop recklessly voting. This all seems too townie imo...

As for CSL's explanation, he said the exact same thing as you! He has been riding your coat-tails all game. Did you do as i said, and read ur posts in isolation? You definitely have some explaining to do, young lady. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Haylen wrote:
BM wrote: As for halting discussion...really CSL? REALLY?
That's hilarious when i imagine you speaking in your real voice :P
lol :D now everyone here probably thinks i have some sort of robot voice. Great. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Haylen »

BM wrote: As for CSL's explanation, he said the exact same thing as you! He has been riding your coat-tails all game. Did you do as i said, and read ur posts in isolation? You definitely have some explaining to do, young lady. :P
I did and I didnt know why you wanted me too.

Probably cause he respects me as a player and agrees with my viewpoints? Either that or he's scum and he's following me.

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Battle Mage wrote:Further, i think the best approach to this game might be process of elimination- deducing who is likely to be protown, and then lynching based on that.
That's a good approach.
BM wrote: I won't be explaining my vote on you atm, as it looks like i might be lynched today, and it wouldnt be worthwhile. What i will say is, i think i've narrowed down the potential scumbags to 3 players. But i'll see how that shapes up as the day continues. My vote stands, but i'm afraid you're going to have to give me the benefit of the doubt for now. :)
That's fine, but I'd like to hear your reasons later. I'm patient about these things though.
BM wrote:

What would restarting the RVS accomplish?

Do you agree/disagree with my opinion of Ray?
BM wrote: Do you believe that it is more likely for a townie to attack a scumbag than another townie?

Your approach here is very dangerous. Whilst believing 2 people are town may lend credence to their argument in the sense that they are less likely to be running someone up (and statistically, this is untrue anyway ;)), how much more valid does it make the argument which, at the end of the day, is absolute regurgitated trash? :P
Not particularly, or else I would have voted you. What I think is that two people I believe are town voting for the same person means that they aren't just trying to stockpile votes on a random person. Mafia I feel want people to stockpile on someone without reason. By two people I think are town voting you it means that they probably see a reason. I don't see what they do, but it doesn't mean that I write it off.

BM wrote: Rayfrost is coming over very protown to me. Kdub is doing what Kdub would do regardless of affiliation. Whether he is a better player than SaintKerrigan or not, doesnt mean anything to me. If you want to explain why you feel Kdub is TOWN, please do so.
Let me try then.
Well, I guess I liked how he answered my questions. I also liked how you answered them.
I liked that he asked me a questions (which I forgot to answer)
And I like that I understand his reason for voting Ray even if I don't agreee with it just yet.

BM wrote:And i've changed my mind.
Unvote, Vote: Animorpherv

Post 127 looks like a prelude to a hammer, despite me not being at -1. Dunno why the heck you guys are all panicking, Ray unvoted ages ago. lol
Though i guess the Mod should fix the votecount.

More pending.

BM
Ha, I knew I wouldn't have miscounted. I was keeping pretty good track in my head.
Kdubs wrote:What makes you think SK's votes were for the purpose of defending him as opposed to other reasons?
Because if I wasn't giving it enough concentration I think I would have made that same play. Heck I know I would have considered it. and it was early enough in the game to do something like that and get away with it, I think. I was the only one who argued that point.

I guess I need to look at Haylen's thoughts in isolation. I also didn't notice CSL following Haylen around. Still I'm sure CSL is Town, and Haylen I'm pretty positive about.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

internet just swallowed my post. I am F***ING FURIOUS!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Will try and rehash it now. Bloody americans screwing with my shitty connection... lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

oh, it likes THAT one. -.-

Ding ding, round 2.
Pulindar wrote:
BM wrote:

What would restarting the RVS accomplish?
I already answered this. At the time, conversation was stagnating, and it seemed we needed more data to go on. An added bonus was CSL and Haylen coming out of the woodwork with old "OMG, RVS IS ANTI-TOWN" type comments, but the real benefit would be to compare old RVS voting patterns with new ones.
Pulindar wrote: Do you agree/disagree with my opinion of Ray?
Disagree.
Pulindar wrote:
BM wrote: Do you believe that it is more likely for a townie to attack a scumbag than another townie?

Not particularly, or else I would have voted you. What I think is that two people I believe are town voting for the same person means that they aren't just trying to stockpile votes on a random person. Mafia I feel want people to stockpile on someone without reason. By two people I think are town voting you it means that they probably see a reason. I don't see what they do, but it doesn't mean that I write it off.
I'm with you until the last sentence. What do you do if you do not "write it off"?
Pulindar wrote:
BM wrote: Rayfrost is coming over very protown to me. Kdub is doing what Kdub would do regardless of affiliation. Whether he is a better player than SaintKerrigan or not, doesnt mean anything to me. If you want to explain why you feel Kdub is TOWN, please do so.
Let me try then.
Well, I guess I liked how he answered my questions. I also liked how you answered them.
I liked that he asked me a questions (which I forgot to answer)
And I like that I understand his reason for voting Ray even if I don't agreee with it just yet.
ok.
Pulindar wrote: I guess I need to look at Haylen's thoughts in isolation. I also didn't notice CSL following Haylen around. Still I'm sure CSL is Town, and Haylen I'm pretty positive about.
If you had to lynch one right now, who would you pick?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

CSL wrote:
Haylen wrote:
Mae wrote: I give this claim 9/10. The content is good, but it's shorter than usual. ~ Maemuki
Glad to see someone appreciates the pure genius that is Haylen ;)
This.
Haylen, do you believe that this is an example of CSL "agreeing with your viewpoints". It reeks of buddying up. What does your meta say to that?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Pulindar »

I'm sorry I understood that you had answered those questions, I was quoting Kdubs and forgot to put it in quotes. Those were the questions he was talking about. Sorry my bad.

Anyway, if someone were to say that they're a Death Miller in this game for instance I think I would write it off. Just as I would write off someone who said that they were VT when I thought they were mafia, they have to say they're town. I like a better reason than just that.
The best example though is that I wrote of SK's argument on you, it seemed rediculous to me.

If I had to choose someone right now to lynch it would be Ani.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Oh, I misunderstood the question. Between CSL and Haylen I would lynch Haylen.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@BM, If I wanted to hammer, I would've.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Ok, i get ya.
Unvote, Vote: Haylen

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

animorpherv1 wrote:@BM, If I wanted to hammer, I would've.
I was never at L-1. So, you wouldnt have. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Random Vote: Pul
Haylen, read yourself in iso. It's kinda hilarious. :P

BM
Comes back to this then?

I see, that's what I thought you were getting at.

My vote stays on Ani who is at L-3 currently.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Kdub »

BM:
Why do you think Ray is town? Is it a gut read or do you think he has been contributing in a positive manner?

@everyone else:
Do you think Ray is suspicious? I've noticed that nobody really seems to be saying much about him except for me and when I ask others directly about him. It's a bit odd.

CSL:
Please share your opinion of animorpherv. You've barely commented on him, yet you said you might switch your vote to him. Why?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Haylen »

I am not aware of my meta, BM, I know I intentionally buddied SpyreX in Lover's Mafia
when I was town
and Zachrulez in Newbie 859
when I was town
and Talitha in my first game
when I was town

The thing those three had in common where that they were scum. If you don't believe me go check them out.

...I don't think I understand the concept of buddying, heh...

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Haylen »

Pulindar wrote:Oh, I misunderstood the question. Between CSL and Haylen I would lynch Haylen.
Why would you lynch me? .__.

Return to “Completed Open Games”