UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Hey...DGB...why you gotta be like that, saying the things I want to before I say them? I've been thinking, and it seems Flareonage has ONLY BEEN PROVIDING FLAVOR, and not really any...you know...real scumhuntery.

I really don't feel like ISOing him, but if I must I will.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Iecerint »

Mr. Sajin -- does your result on SB make her town, or merely non-scum?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Slicey »

Just to let all remaining players know, I will be away starting Friday until the 21st, and in that time Llamafluff will take over.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

UncertainKitten wrote:I really don't feel like ISOing him, but if I must I will.
Please do...

<3
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If cut-to-pieces is the SK, the SK looks like Sephiroth. If one of us is Sephiroth, the fakeclaim is probably Starbuck's "Cloud." I could both see Slicey providing it and see SBSephy coming up with it.

If there is another SKish fellow who cuts people up in the source material, please let me know. Especially if XH does so, because I think the probability of Shotty being the last red and/or the SK is greater than the mere probability of SB being the SK.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:13 am

I like your thinking, Icerink.

How's this plan.

We lynch Shotty.

I attempt to track Starbuck. Starbuck NK's me. I'm dead. Next morning, the rest of you lynch Starbuck.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 am

If Starbuck is not scum, you lynch Flareonage the next. We win the game, we live happily ever after, we release Sir Chris and xRECKONERx from jail.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I like your thinking, Icerink.

How's this plan.

We lynch Shotty.

I attempt to track Starbuck. Starbuck NK's me. I'm dead. Next morning, the rest of you lynch Starbuck.
This is a fine plan. No complaints. However, I'm not sure how you know enough about the flavor to judge whether my flavor-based reasoning is worthy of praise. O_o
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 am

Iecerint wrote:This is a fine plan. No complaints. However, I'm not sure how you know enough about the flavor to judge whether my flavor-based reasoning is worthy of praise. O_o
I can't distinguish truth from BS but I am equally impressed by both.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Well, despite the fact he hasn't posted for 8 days, and all but like, three of his posts are flavor, Flare looks a-ok.

Oh wait, those are some pretty big things.

I'd like to see more posts of substance from him.

Now.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

Mod: is it too early to call for a prod on Flare?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Nice try, you can only play that card so many times DGB. When I flip town who will be your roleblocker next?
Yeah, it's not like my search for my roleblocker got us to lynch a townie, we hit the freakin' godfather.
Yup, good ruse to throw your weak partner under the bus to clear yourself.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I unvoted Zwet because I his lynch, though acceptable, was pure policy and I actually felt fuzzy was scummy.
OK, so it's an acceptable lynch, but it's pure policy, and yet fuzzy scummy? You claim to be a lyncher, and you decide to shy away from the world's most easily-gotten-away-with wagon to what, save zwet's miserable, worthless life???? Like your being off the wagon was going to hold off the lynch of a totally useless player? And for that, you were willing to let your WIN CON escape you? A 1/27 chance of losing the game even though zwet was going to be lynched no matter what???
It wasn't my wincon,
you fail at reading
are good at misrepresenting me. I'm townie, lynching scum was more important to me than maybe gaining some PR.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Scum-hunting was more important to me than a 1/27 (less than 4%!) chance Zwet might be the person I was looking for.
You haven't exactly been a paragon of scum hunting, so I call BS. If you're a lyncher, you're not scum hunting, what do care about scum hunting? You're on the right guy's lynch and you win the game.
I'm town, why do you operate on the misconception I'm a third-party lyncher? I win with the town, lynching simply shifts my role.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Also if you need a breadcrumb you can look at my ISO 63 I hinted that I was annoyed that Xemnas was NK'd.
I did just look. Maybe it's a breadcrumb, maybe it isn't. It's possible that you're a third-party, or that you are the remaining red scum, if your wincon is truly to be on the blue GF lynch. I don't buy it either way.
Kay lol, I have multiple breadcrumbs including things as creative as using my AVATAR. That would be one involved guessing game since Gorrad wasn't even revealed until N2 and there was no confirmation of Nobodies even in the game before D2. Note that I changed my avatar on D1 to breadcrumb my role.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:DGB offered Ace up (who everyone thought was scummy before she really started pushing the wagon)
Oh really. You think I'd want to end this game alone after bus'ing two buddies, including the Godfather, while I'm a roleblocked miller??? Ace wasn't the lynch yesterday, there were a lot of distractions, but I wasn't going to let him get away with it. Plus, he's one of the mafiates that's on the team that had two remaining members left. If he wasn't my roleblocker, he knew who was. Which reminds me. I have to go and fish who his buddy may be.
WIFOM away here, solid.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:She threw us the bone that UK was action-less to prove herself
Sounds to me like to BELIEVE it - and you believe it because you are scum. You just said that I proved myself when I said that UKitten was action-less, and got it correct. It's too late in the game for you to lie that UKitten and myself are scums in cahoots, because there are two ISOLATED scums left.
It has to be true otherwise she would've contested it so I do believe it, it's simple logic not unknowable information. What I don't believe is that you have NO OTHER RESULTS for us.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:Now she's presenting these ridiculous theories about how it's 'balancing' for scum to have a greater incentive to go after other scum. None of theN apparently had such an ability, look at the role-names. If that was the case why wouldn't it be mirrored if it was for balance?
Yeah well you just changed your story from "I get a special power when I'm on Gorrad's lynch" to "I'm a
third-party
townie lyncher." Scuse me for getting all your lies confused.
Sorry the mod modified a role in a way you don't like. The fact that she's attacking my claim based on the role-name just sniffs of scum. DGB focuses on one point and drives it home just like a political soundbite.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:On top of that why would mafia power be based on voting? Mafia powers are based around KILLING because that's what mafia have control over.
Makes no sense. Also, one scum was a claim killer so I expect more weird stuff.
Exactly! A mafia role like the Claim
KILLER
! Do you all see the point I'm making? And if there's such weird roles in this game why is my role such a stretch of the imagination for DGB? It's because DGB is scum twisting it for her own purposes.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:The only Heartless left (exploded flavor) is the one that killed Gorrad so s/he would already have gained from such a power if s/he had to kill Gorrad. It makes little sense for mafia to have to get a lynch on someone and it makes less sense such an ability would be used and not mirrored on both scum teams if the mod was trying to balance the Godfathers.
Maybe it is, I certainly don't know.
This blows DGB's theories out of the water, hence no material response.
DGB wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:TL;DR:: DGB is bullshitting theories that don't even make sense out of her ass without providing much in way of actual content.
You're sounding exactly like ace54839, it must be the latest scum fashion.
[/quote]

Good response, trying to tie me to Ace without shit for evidence. If DGB could've done a better job she would've, except I don't have connections with Ace because I'm not scum.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Iecerint wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I like your thinking, Icerink.

How's this plan.

We lynch Shotty.

This is a fine plan. No complaints. However, I'm not sure how you know enough about the flavor to judge whether my flavor-based reasoning is worthy of praise. O_o
Except DGB will be "roleblocked."
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You think she's RikuHeartless, FakeclaimHeartless, RikuSK, or FakeclaimSK?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Slicey »

Starbuck wrote:
Mod: is it too early to call for a prod on Flare?
He picked up his prod but hasn't posted. I'll give him til tomorrow and then I'll prod him again.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Iecerint wrote:You think she's RikuHeartless, FakeclaimHeartless, RikuSK, or FakeclaimSK?
Heartless Tracker is my best guess at her role. No idea on the name.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I could see "exploded" being Jafar, I guess. The problem with this is that it messes up the pattern where no hero-villain pairings exist in this game. For example, Ursula is here, but not Ariel. Same with Hook-Peter Pan, though I suppose Maleficent doesn't really have her rival as a major figure in the franchise, except in material released after KH2. Small sample size, though, so it could be a total coincidence. Maybe Slicey just doesn't much like girls (already strong evidence of that via Kairi) and he thought there were already plenty of ambiguously-pubescent boys.

This is pretty useless as far as I can tell, but I bothered to think about it, so there you are.

Shotty, the Mod-posted darkness scene is almost certainly associated with her character, so it's not as if her rolename is immaterial.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I could see "exploded" being Jafar, I guess. The problem with this is that it messes up the pattern where no hero-villain pairings exist in this game. For example, Ursula is here, but not Ariel. Same with Hook-Peter Pan, though I suppose Maleficent doesn't really have her rival as a major figure in the franchise, except in material released after KH2. Small sample size, though, so it could be a total coincidence. Maybe Slicey just doesn't much like girls (already strong evidence of that via Kairi) and he thought there were already plenty of ambiguously-pubescent boys.

This is pretty useless as far as I can tell, but I bothered to think about it, so there you are.

Shotty, the Mod-posted darkness scene is almost certainly associated with her character, so it's not as if her rolename is immaterial.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Sajin »

Starbuck investigated as town. She is either town or investigates as town.

I am surprised no one asked me for another result.

I really dislike the town vengeful lyncher claim. Vengeful is generally where you get to kill someone on your wagon....

Care to explain that part shotty?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I assumed you couldn't get them anymore. You seem to be implying otherwise. I trust you will disclose it when you have decided that it is prudent to do so -- which I'd imagine would be sometime today.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Sajin wrote:Starbuck investigated as town. She is either town or investigates as town.

I am surprised no one asked me for another result.

I really dislike the town vengeful lyncher claim. Vengeful is generally where you get to kill someone on your wagon....

Care to explain that part shotty?
It's just flavor as far as I can tell. I hate Nobodies and wanted to kill Xemnas to destroy Organization 13. It's a created role AFAIK, most lynchers usually just get the name of the player they're after rather than a role name, but then again lynching that person is actually their wincon, mine's simply an ability.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Iecerint wrote:Shotty, the Mod-posted darkness scene is almost certainly associated with her character, so it's not as if her rolename is immaterial.
Well I trust your flavor knowledge here. Who else 'releases darkness' in the series? Oogie Boogie could fit that I suppose, but he doesn't 'explode' people in the Nightmare Before Xmas.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I apologize for being quiet. I played the first Kingdom Hearts ages ago and I'm a little lost on the flavor that you all are discussing.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 am

Shotty to the Body wrote:...but then again lynching that person is actually their wincon, mine's simply an ability.
Thanks for the laugh.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't have much flavor knowledge. I've only played part of the first game and read through the wiki a bit. Needs Flare.

I think DGB makes sense as Riku. That said, she could reasonably, from a flavor standpoint, be RikuSK or RikuHeartless. Namely, Riku is HeartlessScum in a version of this game I found on another site about a month ago (it was based on the first game only), and his 3rd partyishness toward the middle of the franchise could possibly fit with SK. But Town is probably the most likely a priori designation IMO given that this games spans to the end of KH2.

The only thing that's bothering me a little about DGB is the claimed names of her abilities. My ability has such a cute name! Maybe I was just lucky.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”