McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Fate wrote:
McGriddle wrote:
Iecerint wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Seacore, are you a protown power role?
What the hell could possibly be your justification for asking such an absurd question?
lol agreed. Sorry I am not posting much, I don't have much to say lol.
Just wanted to highlight this post so it doesn't get lost in the madness. What a great addition to town we have here... No content, just a vote on the wagon leader.
I have said all I wanted to say today. There's nothing else here with much substance.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Fate »

You have said you wanted to lynch fifi and why he was scummy.

ok.

Nothing to say about the plan to burn CP? Almaster just claimed day-vig, and shot Seacore. No substance there either?

Wow.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Cobalt »

ITT the worst dayvig in the history of the universe
hatersgonnahate.gif
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Fate wrote:You have said you wanted to lynch fifi and why he was scummy.

ok.

Nothing to say about the plan to burn CP? Almaster just claimed day-vig, and shot Seacore. No substance there either?

Wow.
nope. i have too much of a life to understand everyones logic, and I could care less about seacore except that he was active and cool lol,.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

-_-

Fos: fifi, McGriddle, Alma
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I like ma shot.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Cobalt, I'm getting the strangest sense of Deja Vu. ^^;
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Almaster, that was wrong. You should have made him claim. ( if he was to be shot at all. I thought he was scummy, but I think town lynches are more accurate than evaluations I make on my own).

Claiming day vig if you didn't have to in order to make a shot was fail.

In the case that you are forced to claim, you should have waited until we had a buttload of info about where scum are from breaking the setup.

Iecirint's plan does work but.. it's ugly. Needed features:

Countdown claim tomorrow. Commanders with 8+ points claim, then 7's, then 6's, then 5's, then 4's, then 3's, then 2's, then 1's. That way if there's a commander-7 and a commander-2, our proper commander will claim with mostly correct assumptions about the night.

Each player needs to vote exactly once today. That way the commander can assume that 9 townies voted. The commander really does not need to be guessing at whether it was townies voting or scums voting today, let's remove the variable.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Iecerint »

That would be fine, provided it is made clear that Commanders need not claim at all unless their result indicates foundscum. We should interpret no news to mean that the player was likely town. Assuming that was implicit in your Countdown Claim, I have no problem with it.

Differences in voting, so long as they aren't totally off-the-wall, will probably be informative in retrospect. I don't see the need to regulate that too stringently. Though clearly the need to use CP to catch scum will lead us to maximally moderate our voting-related CP us.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

that was implicit, yes.

We definitely need to regulate voting stringently, it needs to be exactly once per player. No deductions can be made based on whether or not someone voted, because of one-shot night actions and other confounding variables. One vote is too small. It's better to reduce the external noise and make it exactly one vote for player. (and with that noise reduced, we can reduce the number of votes need D1 to six or five.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Hmm. I suppose you're right. It beats SC's idea, probably, which was to require PRs to either use abilities every night or no nights to achieve the same effect.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That was my idea, but it doesn't really matter if we go with your plan and never establish a baseline at all. Power roles can shoot on and off since the point of reference is an estimate based on the initial state of the game. The commander is just going to have to try hard to count the PRs on his fingers.

Ugh, your plan is so much sloppier than mine. But yeah.
"Well, I..."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

My plan has a better outcome (extra investigation), provided the Commander is good at counting and the town Commander doesn't give 2342343 CP or something. :P

This is a mini. It's not as if we have until the end of time to figure things out. :(
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, no, I agree your plan is better, it just nags my OCDs to estimate. It has a SLIGHT chance of messing up because we have more/fewer townies than we think combining with other problems, but it's better than missing the extra investigate.

It's not like almaster wants to let us have forever to figure stuff out. :(

I'm serious about the one vote each clause. Can we have everyone read that, understand it, and ratify it? Then we need to just select certain players to actually execute the lynch, and have everyone burn one first.
"Well, I..."
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Iecerint wrote:Basically, if we end up with 0-10 CP, the burner was town. If we end up with 12-22 CP, the burner was scum. Granted, there's a hazy space in the middle, but I'd rather potentially clear someone or find scum than just sit on my CP pile.
So lets say there are 2 commanders with, as you postulated, 6 CP's each extra. There's your 12 and we might think we've got a confirmed townie when its not true at all. This could cost us the game.
McGriddle wrote:nope. i have too much of a life to understand everyones logic, and I could care less about seacore except that he was active and cool lol,.
*facepalm*
popsofctown wrote:I'm serious about the one vote each clause. Can we have everyone read that, understand it, and ratify it? Then we need to just select certain players to actually execute the lynch, and have everyone burn one first.
Agreed.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"And", Seacore said with enthusiasm, winding down after a drawn out modification of the town’s proposed plan, "I’m happy for one of the burners to be me". pops stared him down, analyzing his speech with clarity. Multiple players had been none too happy with Seacore’s constant yapping, his back and forth, or his attitude. Almaster was finally fed up. He demanded that Seacore give up his role, or suffer the consequences. The rest of the players took a step back, for this didn’t appear to be an idle threat. Only J.R had the courage to press Almaster, "Hmm. . .I don’t get it". There was nothing to get, Almaster thought, because he would the one to pass judgment this day.

"Here is why you are an idiot", Seacore began. As he continued to berate Almaster, the rest of the players looked on. Some of them looked on in shock, others in disgust, and still others in satisfaction. Perhaps Almaster had made the right call. Seacore took a long breath, "Just shoot me already", he said. Almaster was only too happy to oblige him.

Fate's eyes opened wide, unable to contain his criticism. Almaster, with feelings of power and control, quipped, "You're next in line", and blew the smoke rising from the hot barrel of his revolver.

Cruciare walks up to Seacore's lifeless corpse. The only thing in Seacore's pocket is a small book, "Command Points for Dummies", along with notes, plans, and other writings. It all seemed genuine, and the conclusion was that Seacore, a
Townie
, had died today.

Vote Count 1.4
  • The1fifi
    (AlmasterGM - Fate - J.R - Cobalt - McGriddle –
    Seacore
    )

fhqwhgads
    (The1fifi)

Not Voting
    (Cruciare - fhqwhgads - popsofctown - Iecerint - bv310)
With eleven alive, it takes six to lynch.
Click here to check on the deadline.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I prodded bv310 again, and hopefully we'll hear from Cruciare pretty soon as well.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Fate »

Best. Flavor. Ever.

Thanks! It's one of my favorite perks of moderating.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Iecerint »

fh, if there are multiple town Commanders, my supposition is that neither gives town a ton of CP. For example, 1 Commander probably gives town up to 6, whereas 2 probably give town up to 3. If multiple Commanders are present, their function is probably to spread the risk of any individual Commander being killed.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Fair enough. IMO it's a difficult choice. We sacrifice being very sure by giving scum a 1 day break. Personally, I could go either way at the moment.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:21 am

Post by bv310 »

Awesome flavor. Does this also put Fifi at L-1? If so, McGriddle and Cobalt, are you still comfortable with this plan?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

Looks like it, yep.

I'd nominate Alma to burn at this point. I'd be happy to hammer once he's done. But talk amongst yourselves, etc.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Um, fine, I'll burn, but it seems stupid to make me do that IMO. Unless you think I'm a daytime SK playing some huge gambit, doesn't the fact that Seacore just died mean I wasn't lying?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

Post by bv310 »

^I'm going to back this up. The odds of this game having a daykilling scum or SK is extremely unlikely.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Cobalt »

bv310 wrote:^I'm going to back this up. The odds of this game having a daykilling scum or SK is extremely unlikely.
I was daykilling scum in super upick and played just like almaster is doing now.
hatersgonnahate.gif

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”