danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 am

Post by danakillsu »

umm... correct me if I'm wrong here, but it seems mav just needs to be replaced. His last post was way more than a week ago.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Maybe so. My vote stays there until he posts or is replaced.
green shirt thursdays
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 am

Post by evilsnail »

xRECKONERx wrote:Everyone should quickly pile their votes on mavsfan.

Vote: mavsfan
Totally agree with this. His Day 1 posts were scummilicious. I toyed with the idea of voting him in my first post today, but I'd like to see him actually post first.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Yeah, if he doesn't post or isn't replaced by tomorrow, I'll have my vote on him...

He's either bad town or scum...either way it hurts us
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 am

Post by The Tracker »

Shrinehme wrote:
The Tracker, 151 wrote:I think the day lasted long enough
What is your definition of "long enough"?
The Tracker, 158 (Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 pm) wrote:Flareon has been lurking
Flareonage's last post before this one was post 138 (Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:36 pm). 20 posts before his!

Just 20 posts [and a little less than 2 days] before yours, and you consider it
lurking
?

Would like to hear opinions on The Tracker.
Shrine, you're breaking up. You must be going through a tunnel.

When the day starts to stagnate, then it's lasted long enough. No point drawing it out.

Maybe I should have been more precise, he was
active
lurking. Okay, that takes care of the peanut gallery. I gotta read through this again. Working all weekend sucks...
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

yawetag wrote:This would be my case on SK being scummy.
SaintKerrigan wrote:For that matter, why is Flareonage at L-1? (The latter question is directed at the people who are currently voting Flareonage.)
SaintKerrigan wrote:I know you think he's scum. My question is meant to make you think why he is scum. Tracker's answer is the correct kind of answer I'm looking for. I want to know why it is you're voting Flareonage. By the way, Dana, what is
your
case against Flareonage?

I'm not yet sold on the idea that Flareonage is scum.
SaintKerrigan wrote:
danakillsu wrote:Flareonage is scum because he fail-flailed, pretended he was confused, and is now lurking. What more do you need?
How is he pretending he was confused?

I am suspicious of the flailing and the lurking, though.
In each quote above, SK is questioning cases against flare, even when his questions were easily answered in previous posts. Instead of trying to seem like he's getting information, he should have been reading previous posts. His constant line of questions tells me he's trying to defend the person, but it's hard to do that when you're simply asking everyone to re-hash previous information.
The only reason I can guess is as followed:
1. I think he thought that you were taking too big of a risk voting Flareonage so quickly (only 7 pages I believe: They usually go 20-30 pages) without much of a confirmed scumtell (if you relook at it, it could just be noobish play, which I can confirm is his meta). I for one would have voted for him after reading through the thread...he was either REALLY bad and noobish town or scum...With posts like this...
Flareonage says
im confused
I thought you thought I was scummy cuz you thought I was trying to defend Dana?
xRECKONERx wrote:
Guys, seriously, why the fook is everyone ignoring Flareonage

they are all scum?
On the 2nd and 3rd posts, he was pushing for more info for a Flareonage lynch...he obviously wasn't convinced...but I can confirm to you that I am not Flareonage's scumbuddy, but it is rather difficult for me to defend my replacement...hope I've satisfied you
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

Read the ruleset, guys. No one will be replaced because they're inactive, and if the Day ends before mavsfan gets a post in [and I don't think he has yet; correct me if I'm wrong], then he's modkilled and out of our hair anyway. We don't have to worry about him unless he
does
post, in which case I'm all for a lurker-lynch wagon.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Shrinehme wrote:Read the ruleset, guys. No one will be replaced because they're inactive, and if the Day ends before mavsfan gets a post in [and I don't think he has yet; correct me if I'm wrong], then he's modkilled and out of our hair anyway. We don't have to worry about him unless he
does
Thanks for the heads up
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

The Tracker wrote:When the day starts to stagnate, then it's lasted long enough. No point drawing it out.

active
lurking.
... That makes sense.

Unvote

Err. Wait, who is Cry Me A River? And whom is s/he replacing?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Shrinehme wrote:
The Tracker wrote:When the day starts to stagnate, then it's lasted long enough. No point drawing it out.

active
lurking.
... That makes sense.

Unvote

Err. Wait, who is Cry Me A River? And whom is s/he replacing?
Replaced Saint Kerrigan
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by yawetag »

Shrinehme wrote:Read the ruleset, guys. No one will be replaced because they're inactive, and if the Day ends before mavsfan gets a post in [and I don't think he has yet; correct me if I'm wrong], then he's modkilled and out of our hair anyway. We don't have to worry about him unless he
does
And this is the reason we only have two choices today:
1. Lynch mavsfan
2. No lynch

If we don't lynch mavs and we mislynch, that puts us at four. If maf and werewolves hit townies, we lose.
Shrinehme wrote:Err. Wait, who is Cry Me A River? And whom is s/he replacing?
Posts like this crawl at me. First off, it's in the first post and it's in each votecount the mod is posting. Secondly, there has been enough discussion about CMaR having to defend SK's actions that it should have been obvious.

On a sidenote: I've found it VERY helpful to turn on "Always show First Post on every Topic Page:" in my Profile. When it's on, the first post is at the top of every page, no matter how many pages deep you've gone. In Mafia, it allows you to see the votecount and status of the game without having to go back to the first page.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

yawetag wrote:
does
And this is the reason we only have two choices today:
1. Lynch mavsfan
2. No lynch

If we don't lynch mavs and we mislynch, that puts us at four. If maf and werewolves hit townies, we lose.
Posts like this crawl at me. First off, it's in the first post and it's in each votecount the mod is posting. Secondly, there has been enough discussion about CMaR having to defend SK's actions that it should have been obvious.

On a sidenote: I've found it VERY helpful to turn on "Always show First Post on every Topic Page:" in my Profile. When it's on, the first post is at the top of every page, no matter how many pages deep you've gone. In Mafia, it allows you to see the votecount and status of the game without having to go back to the first page.
Thanks...didn't even know that setting was there!
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

yawetag wrote:
... I swear it wasn't in the OP yesterday, when I'd checked [and forgotten to mention in my post then, so I did today...].

It was more of a rhetorical/double-checking question, since I didn't see [missed?] any mention of his replacement, didn't see him mentioned in the OP, and didn't think there were any replacements in this game...

It was a silly question though.

I'm not sure about your analysis of the setup and possible early win for scum, though. Don't the factions have to completely eradicate each other in order to win, as well?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Lynch mavsfan please.
green shirt thursdays
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 am

Post by yawetag »

xRECKONERx wrote:Lynch mavsfan please.
You can only bus one person in this setup. :D
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 am

Post by danakillsu »

xRECK, shut up. I'm serious. Nobody should vote for mavsfan. I think I know why xRECK wants us to vote for him, but let him get modkilled. SK/CMAR is the way to go.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Why would he get modkilled?

unvote; vote: CryMeARiver

WHAT NOW SON

In all seriousness, though, with only two masons left, everyone should post the name of the person they trust the most. That way if one of the masons gets NK'd, we can clear the last mason without any pesty counterclaim problems.
green shirt thursdays
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 am

Post by danakillsu »

Why would he get modkilled?
Read the thread.
Read the ruleset, guys. No one will be replaced because they're inactive, and if the Day ends before mavsfan gets a post in [and I don't think he has yet; correct me if I'm wrong], then he's modkilled and out of our hair anyway. We don't have to worry about him unless he does post, in which case I'm all for a lurker-lynch wagon.
I trust Cat the most. But I'm not sure everyone else should say who they really trust the most. If the two masons each say each other, the mafia will know who to lynch, right?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Good point.

So list two people.

I trust evilsnail and yawetag.
green shirt thursdays
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 am

Post by danakillsu »

yawetag is Cat, btw. And I also trust xRECK.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Fate
was
my number one person to trust after reading through the thread
Among the living, I trust Rex, though its a weird trust because he's definitely not off my scum list, and evilsnail seems trustworthy as he is always pointing out flaws in what people say and actively scum hunting (but wouldn't scum do that too?) I also surprisingly trust dana know that he pointed out the flaw in my argument...

Anything else I need to explain about SK's behavior?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 am

Post by danakillsu »

Question: How would you be able to explain that without claiming?
cdubs
cdubs
Townie
cdubs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by cdubs »

I Trust yawetag
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

THAT'S ONE PERSON LRN2READ

On another note,
I
finally learned to read, and I don't like my vote anymore. Let's quickly no lynch so Mavs can get modkilled. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Vote: No Lynch
green shirt thursdays
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by yawetag »

Don't act so fast on this trust issue. As I think about it, it's not a good idea. Nothing good can come out of it. As I see it, listing two people removes the chance of the town knowing the third Mason if the second is killed.

It's really easy to explain. Simply put:

Masons will list their partner, as well as a random third person. A Mason kill at night, or even a Mason lynch, will cause a counter-claim between the two "trusted" players -- especially if one of them is non-town. So, this puts us in the same situation we're already in. Our position would be no better than it is now. Neither of the "trusted" players can be fully trusted, and the town will be forced to lynch one of them.

Who wants to be in that type of situation? I think it's better for the Masons to leave breadcrumbs and keep from fighting with their partner so it's easier for the town to clear the third. This way, the scum can't use any information that's given so blatantly, such as a list. Hopefully, the town can find the clues without tipping the scum.

My list will be kept personal unless the group thinks it's a better idea. Everyone should then participate, though, and ones that don't give a list should be looked at very closely.

Return to “Completed Open Games”