Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

RayFrost wrote:You basically say 'u r putting words in mah mouth! u is scum!' as your defense (I did it in a patronizing way for emphasis).
Actually, if you'll reread what I said, I said 'i think u r scum and u r putting words in mah mouth which backs up mah thought that u is scum'...to use your patronizing way for emphasis.
RayFrost wrote:prime suspect / most likely lynch target, same diff.
Again, I would disagree. This may be how you're reading/interpreting what I said, but that does not mean that this is always the way it is.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by RayFrost »

To quote a song, 'that's just the way it is, some things'll never change'

Also, just thinking I'm scum doesn't make my giving my interpretation of what you said immediately a deliberate misrepresentation meant to make what you said seem scummy. It's stating what I read from your standpoint.

your 'case' that I'm scum is really rather weak relative to prana's, or even apathy's.

tiers of strength...

prana

apathy

jmurph

redbox

there's also the issue of consistency and fencesitting.

you earlier did a bit of fencesitting and, when heat was huge on me, went 'tally ho, bandwagon! here's a bit of extra coal for the fire.' all well and good, totally fine with that.

just your coal was of low quality.
don't you feel silly now?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Well... I thought maybe I had got scum, but Skill's responses seem to echo a lot of my own thoughts (beside the reasons for extending the day a bit longer). Still, this only appeared after some prodding, so I would say I'm still wary of Skill.

If it wasn't obvious, I agree about the case on Ray. It's not as strong as it has been made out to be and I have little faith in it.
If I go back to my four points of what I thought it was:
PaltryExcuse wrote:Is the case on RayFrost that:
A) He's overdefensive
B) He protected jmurph to some degree
C) He called himself town a few times
D) (Most recently) He had a couple of frustration posts about wanting to get lynched and hammerer is scum.
A) Is so hard to determine without proper experience with Ray. His defense seems synonymous with my limited experience.
B) Bah. This isn't a point.
C) Sarcastic: Oh no...
D) Sarcastic: Oh no... part 2
The only points against him for me right now are the contradictory talk about the jmurph-wagon, and the attacks on Prana are a little erratic and ill-founded.

I'm really unsure of what to make of the case on redbox. All of a sudden it feels like EVERYONE suspects him and that strikes me as odd.
jammer wrote:I got a bit of scum on PE, the "don't lynch guys, we must discuss" seems something to fake sounding townish.
Or it could be a townie saying "let people discuss". I don't know how me trying to make sure you have a chance to talk is scummy.

However RayFrost's catching of an in-post contradiction by fuzzy has me worried. Plus, he's making it seem like the only reason I would want to extend the day is because it could be extended.
fuzzylightning wrote:PE: Why is it so necessary to extend the day all the time? A lot of what has happened on this site is people keep extending days longer than necessary and it causes a need for a large number of replacements because people get bored of the game moving slowly and nothing actually happening. I am not saying that we should end today now, but for future reference, if the town is ready for a lynch, then it is ready for a lynch, not it is ready for a lynch but we should wait until deadline to make it.
My point was there was no need to rush into the lynch (when I mentioned the 3 week deadline) and to give people a chance to talk (I wanted to catch up, we had a replacement coming in). I feel a bit misrepresented here.

Unvote

I'm not sure as to where I want my vote now. There are 3 I'm unsure on (fuzzy, jmurph, Skill).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by RayFrost »

what is your opinion of redbox?

what do you think of the points made against the box drenched in blood?
don't you feel silly now?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I have to say, my major suspicions at the moment are likely along the lines of:

fuzzy
jmurph3
redbox
Ray

Of course, this is still before I've had chance to go over things, but I'm beginning to feel jmurph is scummier than some because I'm starting to get the feel that she followed me onto the Ray wagon and has been essentially riding it along, however now I've backed down somewhat it's like she's hit a brick wall and had to try and give solid reasoning, and coming up with nothing of any true substance.

Plus the follow up with the redbox thing was again similarly following my lead but the "prime suspect" thing does seem like she's taken my slowing down to be "we're still lynching Ray, then redbox". Whereas right now, I'm not even 100% on the Ray wagon, despite me basically starting it. Until I've gone through everything I wont make any solid decisions on my view either way, but I am starting to get very strong suspicions from jmurph and redbox as well now.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

RayFrost wrote:what is your opinion of redbox?

what do you think of the points made against the box drenched in blood?
My opinion of redbox, pre-recent accusations was scummy.
Exhibit A:
redbox wrote:jmurph3: Even though I don't get the case fuzzy seems to have made for some of you, the lack of real content in her posts leads me to feel she may have something to hide and doesn't quite know how to go about it. My guess is she is inexperienced scum with a partner advising her not to say too much while the partner takes the heat.
Oh, the oft mentioned jmurph read. I still think it refers to RayFrost. But the important part here, is when I asked for clarification on who he meant... we get this:
redbox wrote:You decide; did I say Ray and jmurph3 are a scum team or has Ray misrepresented my words?
Goodie. He continues confusion. This really made me think he's scummy. Secondly, the L-1 vote with him voting with two he thought were scummy? Scary stuff.

The part that has me concerned is the sudden 'everybody finds him scummy'.
RayFrost and Skill were the first two to find him suspicious, and really don't constitute jumping on this nearly voteless bandwagon.
However, after Skill makes her comment on finding redbox scummy:
Prana, jmurph and fuzzy all chime in soon after with scummy reads on redbox as well.
Skill's post was 259, while Fuzzy was the last one on post 281. In 22 posts, Redbox = universally found scummy. Suspicious = yes. (Though obviously not all 3 could be scum.)
Plus, of the 5 who expressed this view, 3 are on my top 3 scum list. It's just negative feelings all round and gives me more of a town read on redbox.
The only person who had a post during this small stretch and didn't point at redbox was jammer. For me, I just went to sleep and redbox was found scummy by nearly all.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Hello, this'll prob. be my last post tonight.
fuzzylightinthedistance wrote:To everyone who has said they are off to bed, it really isn't necessary, we know that there are times when people need to sleep, and posting that you are going to bed is something that I don't believe we need to know.
Sorry about this, I tend to write too much frufru stuff. You don't mind if I write this in my actual posts though, do you? I know it's a little much when there's a seperate post for it, but I still like writing that stuff.

fuzzy wrote:Skill: I am now confused that you thought I was confused. I ask questions all game, its how I glean information from people. The answers to my questions often bring up follow up questions which are often the direct result of an answer and therefore, analysis of the answer isn't prudent. I don't like to bring forth information unless I am making a legitimate case against someone, or if it is directly asked of me.
Well, it only stood out as a little suspicious. And now that you've cleared up what the motive was behind asking questions after questions was, it really isn't a suspicion anymore.
prana wrote:Also, Skill, you say you skimmed over it and haven't properly looked into the issue, I have to ask why? The issue between me and Ray was rather a big one as far as D1 games are concerned, and something that all players should be looking at to get a read on both me and Ray, skimming over it, and not properly reading both players posts makes it seem like you feel you don't need to for whatever reason, and surely the only people who don't need a read off everyone would be scum?
"Skimmed" wasn't the right word. I read every single one of the posts. But its hard to get my thoughts straight on all of it.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Kison »

Day One: Vote Count

RayFrost (
) : Apathy, jmurph3, redbox
jmurph3 (
) : fuzzylightning
redbox (
) : RayFrost

Not Voting (
) : jammer, Skill006, PranaDevil, PaltryExcuse

With
alive, it will take
votes to lynch.

The day's deadline is currently set to:
February 24th, 2010, 11:59:59 PM, EST

jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 am

Post by jammer »

@Kison Can we get prods on Apathy and redbox?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:04 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Vote: jmurph3

Reasons: See old case.
Plus:
RayFrost wrote:
jmurph3 wrote:
RayFrost wrote:And what you literally say isn't always what you actually say.
Not to accuse you of this...as it'd be the second time this game that this has happened...but it seems like you're trying to put words into my mouth.
*yawns and writes down a note in a little black notebook that reads 'noted is
jmurph's attempt to incite a blow up / discredit me without actually putting up a real defense
' before leaving to do schoolwork*
QFTiness.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Warning: This is a long post, I have, however, bolded each persons name so specific reads I have on them can be spotted easier if people wish to look back on the post later.

Okay, I'm attempting to go through everything possible and come up with some views on each player. But if anyone notices I've missed anything (and the amount we've posted, that's likely, as it's hard to read through everything in one go and note things, so I've been looking at the specific posters), let me know what I've missed so I can look over it.

Apathy

Possible jumping on the Ray wagon, and using some smaller things to try boosting it, the last point in the huge post (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 48#2095848) was a jokey thing about Carmen Sandiego, and even if we consider that as just joking, prior to that it was the fact Ray said he was town, that alone doesn't mean he's scum. I mean just because I say I'm from England a lot doesn't mean I'm lying about it.

However I'm not feeling scum from that, I am however worried about the possible lurking going.

fuzzylightning

Not really getting a scum read here either, but I am worried that he's confusing even himself with his stuff about me. In one breath he calls me scummy, the next he's saying he thinks me and Ray are both town. This is despite the fact I had not that long ago mentioned that I was backing off and looking at others, and realizing that was a good idea. But I'm willing to accept that he just hadn't seen that post at the time. But it's worth keeping in mind for future reference.

jammer/kelyn

kelyn I had my doubts about because of the whole newbie thing but having experience elsewhere. But realize I could be wrong about that, jammer on the other hand, seemed to open up with some fence sitting, and commenting on something that was a complete non-issue, and even stated it was a non-issue (the "bad wagon" stuff) which to me gave the impression of posting without actually giving anything to the debate.

The stuff towards Ray with AtE being "leaning scum" and calling himself town just a couple of times being "mildly scummy" seem as though there's possible pressure towards Ray for the wrong things. Then we got him saying Ray was joking well after we got serious, and I don't think he was, he joked a bit, sure, but didn't joke as much as jammer would like us to think.

I'm thinking jammer is a possible scum, but right now wouldn't commit unless I saw more, the combination of coming in after a ton of posts (and I was having trouble getting halfway through them today, so buggered if I can know how you pulled it off, lol), and seemingly scum hunting makes me think he might be town, but I'm not wholely convinced either.

jmurph3

Very quick to jump on any strong wagon and then seems forced to stick to what she's saying, especially as her reasons for voting Ray now seem rather flimsy, as her reason pretty much seemed to be "Apathy said this", and quoted a bunch of reasons that don't (looking back) really seem all that scummy.

The reasons are basically:
Ray said he's town a few times - bad reasoning

Defensiveness is not a scum tell but sometimes it is - Pardon? In fact... Apathy made no sense with that to me, but the fact jmurph3 uses it as actual reasons to vote Ray seem scummy.

Ray posted lots to create confusion - bad reasoning (early game it was to get discussion flowing, late game it was purely to defend himself from my attack, posting lots doesn't make a difference).

Ray said he's town a few times - wait... wasn't that already in there as a point?

Then she quotes what I said, and Ray talking to me about tunnel vision, which I understand his point about now too, and have even said I agree with it, as I took it as an actual negative attack on me, when it wasn't (though don't make me accidentally find a link in another of your games for it next time Ray, link the damned thing again :p). So it came across as reaching for something to grab onto when it was really just following along.

The fact that she pretty much said "We lynch Ray, then we lynch redbox" came across extremely scummy, and made me consider whether redbox is scum or not, as if jmurph is, then it would be pretty strange to be pre-arranging to lynch her scum partner as if we lynched Ray, then went after redbox, and she tried backpedalling then, it would be a huge red flag.

So far the scum hunting has been pretty much all on Ray, which is similar to what I was doing, but I did it for about 24 hours, slept, then realized it was a mistake I was making to not consider others, murph on the other hand appears to have stuck to the Ray vote blindly, and now others are backing off it's left her between a rock and a hard place, with nowhere to go.

PaltryExcuse

Not much to say here, personally I'm thinking very pro-town, everything comes off pro-town, and I can't really see anything negative in that direction, the holding off Ray's lynch was a benefit, and even I can see as much now, I needed to cool off and check things properly, and PE wouldn't have stalled the lynch if he was scum, regardless of whether Ray was or not, as he would have quick lynched him to get him out of the game.

PranaDevil/RayFrost

(Putting me and him together, as I've only really focused on him, and therefore my view on him here denotes how I'm feeling about what I've said).

First up, his early vote switching was to bring in discussion, that much is obvious now, so I wouldn't consider that in any voting of him.

Then the first clash between us came from me voting jmurph, which was since cleared up, and I'm beginning to think was more differences of opinion as opposed to him being scum.

Then the mistaken issue of town vs townie, which didn't really help anyone, town or otherwise, just a clash again that blew up into more than it should have been.

Bringing up the point of fuzzy not having questions for apathy, I think that was more Ray just not checking back far enough as opposed to deliberately feeling fuzzy was avoiding questioning apathy for whatever reason.

Again, miscommunication I feel with Ray thinking I was role fishing.

Actually... reading through all of this, yes there were times I think Ray took what I said the wrong way, and re-worded it badly, but... it's not done in a scummy way. He's viewing what I'm saying as different to how I'm writing it and meaning it, and that's okay, that happens. But it doesn't make him scummy.

Which means I was allowing myself to be pressured into pushing for him because of an earlier issue, and then focusing purely on him without looking elsewhere... i.e. I was doing what he said, and what others have said too. My reasons were flawed.

I don't think Ray is scum right now, he could still be sure, but a lynch on him now would be a mistake. He's doing a good job of pointing out issues and flaws in others thinking, and is being pro-town and pro-active in scum hunting.

redbox

Ahhh, the redbox situation, which seems to be the growing way of things now.

I backed him up on the whole "jmurph is with Ray" situation, only for him to respond to it all with a non-answer in "You decide; did I say Ray and jmurph3 are a scum team or has Ray misrepresented my words?"

and... no, just no, town wouldn't expect other town to second guess them, our motives need to be obvious to other town, the only time we should be hiding ANYTHING as town is our roles, and that's to keep that knowledge away from the scum. Everything else, our viewpoints, our motives, basically everything that will help scum be lynched, should be given out, not made into an offhand remark designed to confuse town.

What's more... looking at it with a clear head, and even I'm agreeing with others that you meant Ray, why you would do it in that way I don't know, but it does read strange. Especially after your lackluster response to the questioning of it. You even later in the post say:

"somewhere in there somebody asked me who I thought Prana's partner in crime was; at the time of that post, I thought it was probably jmurph."

And it wasn't "my" partner in crime at all, it was jmurph's, so you evidentally weren't even paying attention to your own arguments.

Despite what I said above about jmurph, I'm thinking redbox is perhaps scum to a rather strong extent.

Skill006

Not entirely sure where I stand on her just yet, she's posted a bit, but it all just seems to be fence sitting with no proper direction, it's all "I can see that, however I think this, but this could be true too" on pretty much every point. It makes me think she's just waiting for a half decent bandwagon to join in with.

Overall

So, that makes me think that the potential scum would be in the region of:
jmurph3
redbox

with possibles of:
fuzzylightning
skill006

Now, that leaves me with a choice of jmurph and redbox to vote for, and right now I get a stronger feel of scum of jmurph after her comments towards redbox and lynching him next.

vote: jmurph3
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:31 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:
jmurph3
The fact that she pretty much said "We lynch Ray, then we lynch redbox" came across extremely scummy, and made me consider whether redbox is scum or not, as if jmurph is, then it would be pretty strange to be pre-arranging to lynch her scum partner as if we lynched Ray, then went after redbox, and she tried backpedalling then, it would be a huge red flag...murph on the other hand appears to have stuck to the Ray vote blindly, and now others are backing off it's left her between a rock and a hard place, with nowhere to go...Now, that leaves me with a choice of jmurph and redbox to vote for, and right now I get a stronger feel of scum of jmurph after her comments towards redbox and lynching him next.

vote: jmurph3
I'm again going to point out that what I actually said was:
jmurph3 wrote:To me, this only adds to the suspicion mounting on redbox, and while it's not enough yet for me to switch off of Ray, it is enough for me to think that he's prime suspect if Ray flips town.
Prime suspect, in the way I used it and the way i meant it, with no back-peddling, meant that I would be looking very strongly at redbox. I never meant to even imply that I would be lynching him. Apparently, Ray's interpretation of the statement I made far outweighs any defense I've given of my statement.

And you're right, Prana, you did leave me in between a rock and a hardplace seeing as how you no longer trust your own argument and Apathy is MIA. Given as both of these things are outside of my control, I can't help but be a bit disgruntled. As is, I'm going to
unvote
, at least for the moment.

Neither my attack on Ray nor my suspicions of redbox have blinded me to ignoring whatever everyone else has been saying. I personally need more time to reread everything and refocus my reads on everyone.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Thing is, you shouldn't need me and Apathy to make your judgement for you, you should be convinced about your own views. If you're town and you're letting my views cloud your judgement on who you think is scum, then that's bad play. I wont take what someone else as read and blindly back them.

As an example, what if I "was" scum, and you were town and blindly followed me? You'd be lynching town based pretty much solely on my reasoning, which would have been false anyway.

This just makes me feel you're scum more so than before because you are admitting you weren't sure on your own views as the second I've said I don't think Ray's scum, you're saying it's mine and apathy's fault that you're backed into a corner.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am

Post by jmurph3 »

PranaDevil wrote:This just makes me feel you're scum more so than before because you are admitting you weren't sure on your own views as the second I've said I don't think Ray's scum, you're saying it's mine and apathy's fault that you're backed into a corner.
No, it's my own fault that I'm backed into a corner. I'll be the first to admit that. At the time, based off the arguments that you and Apathy were both giving, and especially Ray's reaction at the time, I strongly felt that both your arguments were valid and that Ray's reaction only backed up those arguments. I too read through Ray's various posts and agreed with a lot of things that were seen as scummy.

However, now that you're looking at your own argument and saying (to paraphrase) that your own argument was weak, didn't make much sense, and that a lot of the things you thought were scummy don't seem so scummy to you, I feel like a bit of an idiot for agreeing with you in the first place. A lot of the things that you said and that Apathy said still make Ray seem scummy to me. I nonetheless think it's a good idea for me to take a step back from everything, reconsider both your argument and Apathy's, especially given everything you've said, reconsider everything said about redbox, and also look at those who have stayed out of this whole topic and haven't said a lot.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:19 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I personally think a lot of what was seeming scummy was coming from miscommunication though, which is why others were spotting this, which also makes me ask why you weren't, it's understandable from me as it "was" me, but you weren't in the heat of the situation, and so you should have had a clear head, which is why it confuses me that me backing out creates such an issue, if you had solid reasons for voting Ray, you wouldn't need to back out purely because I have, and that is why I am finding you more scummy than before.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 am

Post by jammer »

Well, let do a analysis.

Apathy
: Only 2 real posts, both attacking Frost. First post seems like a serious FoS based on what joking like posts from RF. Second was a reply at the reply of RF and included some newer reasons.

Can't say I see something overlay scummy in the 2 posts, maybe that he's a bit eager to get on the back of Ray. I don't know the reason he isn't posting right now.
With lack of info, I'm gonna call him neutral.

fuzzy
: I see a lot of questions, and a lack of analysis.
I got the idea his posts are filled with questions towards others and a lot of text that to me they seem like a useless filler.
My interpretation is scum, that does a act on finding scum. I see rather little if any in his posts that would help me in finding scum.
The case on jmurph started weak, that's not bad as it was rather early in-game. The problem I more have with it, that when he is referring to jmurph, and reasons for voting her, as bad town, and not so much as possible scum.
I also don't like the contradiction, putting a FoS on prana for attacking RF, and later calling it town vs. town fight.

I say scum right here.

jmurph3
:
Lot of useless talking in the start.
A OMGUS on one of her voters.
Did not defend herself because she thought defending yourself seems scummy.
Followed Apathy vote on RayFrost.(I think she decently explained later why she did, though.
Lynching Ray, and looking at redbox if Frost flips town, looks really really bad.

Scummy.

On request of fuzzy.
kelyn
: (the one I replaced as righto?) Town, bloody obvious town.

Well, I'm really not quite sure what to say. He started up with some easy, and not all game related questions.(which gives me nada, I can ãnd have seen both scum and town doing that)
~random vote ~
Talking about his IRL experience as response on his newness.

Neutral.

Kison
: Every post seems globally the same. He posts regularly, but nothing that'll help us find scum.

Scum, that's active lurking.

PaltryExcuse

Overall, he is active. Actively looking for scum. I can't find something really bad on him.

I'll put him in the town section.

PranaDevil

Was completely focused on RayFrost at the start, he unvoted rayfrost at a point he was at L-1 and later voted for jmurph. Ray is not a major scumsuspect.

~~~If he is scum I'd think he would wait a bit before he declares Ray as a lesser suspect. And wait till someone else would place a final vote(for example, me) on him, or unvote.~~~

I think he's town.

RayFrost

Went random kept joking for some time. Then got Devil running after him with a lynch-rope. I found him scummy. Players he played earlier with didn't vote him, they claimed he played as usual, skimming games from him I agree for a good part. He pointed out a contradiction by fuzzy and the lining up lynches by jmurph.

I'm not going to vote him in the near time, but I'm not quite sure what site he's on.

redbox

He is voting along with prana and jmurph(in that post, he said he declared them scum earlier).
I'm yet not quite sure what his latest rambling post could mean.
I didn't really want to comment much on redbox, untill I heard his own responses.
But I saw in the newbie queue redbox requested replacement, so w/e.

To me a lot smells like newbie sprouting a lot of random nonsense/ideas. He stated in a earlier post, the analysis of players. There was also commented on that.
He guesses jmur got a mafia partner that told her to stfu.
Skill is flattering Ray through imitation.
Apathy is related with von Neumann?(still not getting that)

I don't have a clue about alignment.

skill

She's a bit of poking around with (weak) votes at the start. And she opposed that to much discussion is bad thing. (I see both as good things)

Bad thing is that she doesn't make a stance, got no serious votes.

I lean both sides a bit. Appearance at first was town, doing a ISO I noticed how passive she is in the game with making cases and voting.
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 am

Post by jammer »

Oh, wait.
Vote: fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

@Jammer: I am not supposed to help you in finding scum, that is your job. I ask questions and receive information that I use in formulating my ideas on who I think the scum is. It seems you are voting for me because of a difference in playstyle. I am not one to post just to hear myself say things. Why do you think my reasons for voting jmurph are for being bad town, as opposed to scum, especially when in your next analysis, you call her scummy? That seems to be a more glaring contradiction than the one that I made.

And for the record, I realize that I made a contradiction, and what I meant by what I was doing could have been better expressed, but if that's the only thing that is against me right now, I would say that's a weaker case than most anything that has come up to this point.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Skill006 »

No snow day, which means I had school. Can you believe it, school when there's a blizzard outside!

Alrighty, first order of business-adress all points directed towards me:
pranadevil wrote:...It makes me think she's just waiting for a half decent bandwagon to join in with.
I don't jump on bandwagons, period. Even when I know the victim is scum (yeah, I know, real smart). Well, I guess you wouldn't know this.

The people I'm most suspicious of are the people who aren't around right now (apathy, redbox). In response to this:
jammer wrote:Bad thing is that she doesn't make a stance, got no serious votes.
The people I would vote for, who are apathy and redbox, aren't around right now to respond to all the attacks. I'd rather vote them
after
I hear what they say.
jammer wrote:...doing a ISO I noticed how passive she is in the game with making cases and voting.
Is being passive necessarily bad?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

fuzzylightning wrote:@Jammer: I am not supposed to help you in finding scum, that is your job.
Pardon?

Isn't it "town's" job to find scum, as a joint whole? It's not a single person's job to find scum, town are meant to do it together and put effort in all round, if one person isn't helping us find scum then they're not helping the town in the slightest, and not only are you doing that, you're doing so deliberately... why are you deliberately being anti-town?

FoS: fuzzylightning
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I don't have much time, but I notice some people are accusing Apathy and redbox of lurking. I noticed on the Newbie Queue Kison is looking for a replacement. So, either Apathy or redbox isn't here because they've flaked.

@Mod: Who is being replaced and is the other being prodded?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Either you missed it, or the mod's updated that post, it says redbox is being replaced.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Kison »

Phaen replaces redbox, who requested replacement.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Kison »

Apathy has been prodded.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon