Pick Your Power II - Looks like the wine is gone (SCUM WIN)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Hoopla »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

Bouncy.Bouncy
- 3 - RedCoyote, Farside, Fate - (L-9)
Dramonic
- 1 - TonyMontana - (L-11)
Fate
- 9 - Hoopla, Ellibereth, Cobalt, Bouncy.Bouncy, Porkens, Faraday, Devotress, The1fifi, Socrates - (L-3)
Hoopla
- 1 - Pomegranate - (L-11)
Jack
- 2 - Rayfrost, wolframnhart - (L-10)
Socrates
- 1 - StrangerCoug - (L-11)
wolframnhart
- 2 - curiouskarmadog, Jack - (L-10)

Players not voting: DocPotter, Dramonic, Fate, FeFiFoFum

Fate wrote:^For the record, are you saying you want to see me put at L-1 and claim, Hoopla?
At the moment, I want to lynch you over Socrates, and any of the doubles. I only want a claim if there is enough town support for your lynch (that means L-1 and at least one person prepared to hammer). Please don't claim before then.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:34 am

Post by dramonic »

Fate wrote:^For the record, are you saying you want to see me put at L-1 and claim, Hoopla?
I do!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Faraday »

dramonic wrote:
I do!
Where's your vote at dram?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Devotress »

Faraday wrote:
dramonic wrote:
I do!
Where's your vote at dram?
That's actually a really good point.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The number and role speculations are distracting me from actual scumhunting, which is really what I want to do. Everybody wanted the top slot, motives for picking roles might have been for keeping the other side for getting it, blah, blah, blah (though I'll probably argue for roles other than VT we should lynch if claimed). Make me stop and think, not stop and give up.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:18 am

Post by dramonic »

my vote is waiting for Socrate's to be off so that I can get on. I want him to hammer.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Faraday »

um, why?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Faraday wrote:um, why?
Which one of us is that addressed to? Your post is only 36 seconds after dramonic's, so you might be talking to me instead of him.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Faraday »

Nah it's adressed to dramonic, lol. I don't see why he wants a specific person to hammer.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:30 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm brainwashed by the number plot :P

just in case he's a bomb, I'd like for socrates to be the one caught in the blast ^^
I'm a hoot
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Jack »

StrangerCoug wrote:The number and role speculations are distracting me from actual scumhunting, which is really what I want to do. Everybody wanted the top slot, motives for picking roles might have been for keeping the other side for getting it, blah, blah, blah (though I'll probably argue for roles other than VT we should lynch if claimed). Make me stop and think, not stop and give up.
Jack wrote:Let's save the speculation on which numbers the mafia picked until later. It sucks as a game starter...Then once that talk is exhausted, there isn't anything real to go on, and the game stymies.
See, prophetic words.

Hoopla's math is flawed. A townie trying for the top spot doesn't know what numbers 21 other people are going to pick. A mafia going for the top spot doesn't know what numbers 17 other people are going to pick (assuming they didn't double up).

Nine numbers were picked, so lets take that as our set (since people weren't picking randomly).

For a townie, the odds of picking a number that no one else picked:

(8/9)^21 = 8.4%

For mafia:

(8/9)^17 = 13.5%

Now, there were 17 townies with an 8.4% chance at getting a singular number, and 5 (or 3) mafia with a 13.5% chance at getting a singular number. So there should be on average 1.42 townies with a singular number and either .675 mafia or .405 mafia. With a lot of variance.

What does that tell us? That this should be the END of number analysis, that we shouldn't lynch someone based on the number analysis because of what I said at the beginning and what StrangerCoug says here. It's just going to distract from scumhunting.

p.s. Hoopla, don't quibble with the math. Tell us your suspects based on in thread stuff.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:04 am

Post by wolframnhart »

dramonic wrote:I'm brainwashed by the number plot :P

just in case he's a bomb, I'd like for socrates to be the one caught in the blast ^^
Spyrex wrote:
Bomb wrote:You are the bomb. If you are successfully killed at night you will explode killing all players that targeted you.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Thanks for posing the game, when I get more than 4 seconds, I will check it out.
farside22 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: also I love farside....dear, who should I vote for?
I'm voting for bouncy now and his reason on what a townie wouldn't say is laughable to me right now.

I'll have more for everyone hopefully tomorrow. I'm still not feeling so great today
OK, will consider after I catch up.
---
Hell I am caught up, but cant get around the numbers….it seems like some are using them to push a case, others are using them (indirectly) to call others scum for using them…

I could use a vote count right about now.

And for those of you who are wondering…there is absolutely NO content in this post. I have provided jack on stances and opinions of players…the only thing I have actually commented on in this game is how much I hate the numbers.

Is that scummy? Discuss.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Faraday »

^ Yes, but there's not a whole lot to discuss if you'll forgive me. Active Lurking (which is what you've pointed yourself as doing) is scummy. What exactly was the point of bringing this to our attention, just to show you're aware of your lack of content and intend to fix it our rub our noses in it?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Hoopla wrote:Pom, the numbers are accurate;

If scum are spread 1-1-1-1-1 over five different numbers, then Socrates and Fate have a ~56% chance each of being scum.

If scum are spread 1-1-1-2 over four different numbers, then Socrates and Fate have a ~44% chance each of being scum.

They have lower odds for combinations like 1-2-2 and 1-1-3 etc, which should be considered if you think it's a realistic possibility scum would do it. However, this quote suggests you don't think that;
Pomegranate wrote: I would be extremely surprised if scum decided to all pick the same numbers- getting PRs is better for them than having that defense.
Which is a good point, but contradicts being against the numbers. Because the numbers for 1-1-1-1-1 and 1-1-1-2 are solid.
Everyone wanted to be highest on the draft. Scum did too. I agree with the numbers 1-1-1-1-1 and 1-1-1-2. Scum did know what their buddies were going to pick- or at least could have known (they only had 24 hours, and I'd bet that at least one sent in numbers before checking the QT). But scum only knew their five numbers (collectively), not the seventeen other players' numbers. I guess this doesn't look like much. But there's something else:
Hoopla wrote:The consensus decides Z is the scummiest in the game. Z claims vig - it is worth lynching as extra town kills aren't worth the possibility of scum having double kills. That is such a ridiculously powerful ability that can cripples towns so quickly.

The consensus decides Y is the scummiest in the game. Y claims cop - it is probably not worth lynching as it's town value is far better than it's scum value (nothing).

The consensus decides X is the scummiest in the game. X claims Governor - it is definitely worth lynching as it has so much more scum value than town. Preventing lynches deprives town of information, and gives scum another free nightkill. The only town motivation is preventing scum from having this role, but it is not worth the risk of leaving a potential scum governor alive.
The problem with this is that the cop is outed, and likely killed that night. Yes, there is a doctor. But there's also an empowerer. Or he's roleblocked. I don't think it's worth it to out a cop, because once he's outed, it's unlikely he'll get any investigations. I don't think we should find scum this way. As said previously, by Elli, if I'm not mistaken, it should be treated like meta- a good addition to a case, but not a case of iy's own.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Socrates, I think the tide is moving against you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In the sense that Hoopla's plan is gaining traction.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 am

Post by dramonic »

I should read them roles...

Vote: Fate
I'm a hoot
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, I got to say I agree with StrangerCoug. If we're really doing this, Socrates seems like the better lynch than Fate.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:06 am

Post by dramonic »

why?
I'm a hoot
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Faraday »

RedCoyote wrote:Also, I got to say I agree with StrangerCoug. If we're really doing this, Socrates seems like the better lynch than Fate.
I'm not really open to Hoopla's plan. But why do you think Socrates is scummier than Fate?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Socrates »

RedCoyote wrote:Socrates, I think the tide is moving against you.
What a fascinating post. What was your intention by posting this, Red?

Also, why am I scummy?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Socrates »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Socrates wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
Socrates 127 wrote:You are trying to lay down the seeds of paranoia that just because
people did well in the draft that they are likely scum.

Your logic is so absurdly pro-scum

[...]

NOTE TO THE TOWN:
If Hoopla and/or Fate flip scum
, then the scum team did really bad in the draft (whether intentionally or not) and
we will find a majority of the scum in the back half of the draft order
(emphasis added)

Does anyone else see this as contradictory?
Yes I do, since Socrates has the top slot and Fate is right behind him.

Unvote: Jack
Vote: Socrates

Partly that, partly because of my memory of getting quicklynched as SK on Day 1 last time for stating I didn't see a case on a player I was voting as I see only minor differences in context.
I'm sorry, but what?

I don't get what either of your points have to do with anything.
There are 22 players in this game. You are first in the draft, Fate is second, and Hoopla is 17th. Fate being scum is not indicative of the scum in general doing poorly in the draft according to your logic, as 2
<
22/2.
My god, why bother defending myself if nobody bothers to listen.
Socrates wrote:Also, emphasis on majority. I didn't say that every scumbag would be in last place or anything.
I also certainly wouldn't call going, say, 2,19,20,21,22 doing
good
in the draft, but thats just me.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Socrates »

Socrates wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Socrates, I think the tide is moving against you.
What a fascinating post. What was your intention by posting this, Red?

Also, why am I scummy?
It's also a straight up lie, considering the fact that Dramonic is the only person other than you who has even come close to supporting her rediculous plan.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Socrates »

And yes I am in a pissy mood. How could you tell?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”