Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Phlight »

So this is a policy lynch? You want to lynch him for behavior that you know is not indicative of his alignment? Why didn't you just come out and say so?

VOTE COUNT:

dramonic (0) -
kunkstar7 (0) -
Limerickx (0) -
lobstermania (0) -
MacavityLock (0) -
Panzerjager (6) - peanutman, totallynotmafia, StrangerCoug, MacavityLock, dramonic, Trumpet of Doom
peanutman (0) -
Phlight (0) -
StrangerCoug (2) - Panzerjager, Phlight
totallynotmafia (3) - lobstermania, Wolframnhart, Kunkstar7
Trumpet of Doom (1) - Limerickx
Wolframnhart (0) -

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Searching for a replacement for Limerickx.
Prod issued to Panzerjager.
DEADLINE:2/20
This account is a hydra of Phate and Light-kun.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Please delete the part of my last post between my two starting quote tags, incliding the first one.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Phlight wrote:So this is a policy lynch? You want to lynch him for behavior that you know is not indicative of his alignment? Why didn't you just come out and say so?
What makes this a policy lynch?

Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Phlight »

Actually, let's stop fucking around here. This question skeleton should cover everything I'm asking without the opportunity for semantic dodges.

1) For Panzerjager, do you believe aggressive behavior and baseless or near-baseless votes are a scumtell (ie, behavior he is more likely to engage in as scum)?
1a) If so, this contrasts with your prior experience. Why do you think it's scummy anyway?
1b) If not, do you think he's scum?
1bi) If so, why?
1bii) If not, why are you voting him?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm actually making heads and tails out of you (his first post of Day 2 in Mini 716 came to mind), but I'll answer anyway. I cooperate with reasonable people.
Phlight wrote:1) For Panzerjager, do you believe aggressive behavior and baseless or near-baseless votes are a scumtell (ie, behavior he is more likely to engage in as scum)?
Aggressive behavior, no—I view myself as somebody who engages in this also. Baseless or near-baseless votes, yes.

As for the baseless or near-baseless votes:
Phlight wrote:1a) If so, this contrasts with your prior experience. Why do you think it's scummy anyway?
I like people to put their reasons in front of them. As I said, he pushed for my predecessor's claim too early for my tastes. I don't care for Panzerjager's meta (or anybody else's, for that matter) as heavy reliance on it is, in my opinion, a good way to lose.

As for the aggressive behavior:
Phlight wrote:1b) If not, do you think he's scum?
Yes.
Phlight wrote:1bi) If so, why?
Covered in response to 1a.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 am

Post by PJ. »

Vote:Panzer

Stupid townies, letting the scum pile up on a "lurker" day 1 for a lynch that means absolutely nothing.

Three scum are on my wagon

Stranger Coug, Probably Macavity Lock and either Dramonic or TotallyNotMafia.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Dude you could have said all that without being stupid your own self and self hammering, that helps nothing.
Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Phlight »

Panzer, what the fuck are you doing?
Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Phlight »

Oh, that was a hammer. -_-. Too late to do anything about it now. I agree with Panzer that SC and tnm are probably scum.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Well he must be a jester or something, otherwise as wolf said that's just stupid unhelpful play.

BTW I thought PJ had put himself at L-1 too because Trumpet said it was L-2 after his vote when it was actually L-1. I don't know if that was deliberately to confuse people or a genuine mistake.
Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Phlight »

Panzer, even if we were going to assume that you were lynched, you just cheated us out of two weeks of scumhunting. If you're town, this is my (Phate speaking) last game with you.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Panzerjager (7) - peanutman, totallynotmafia, StrangerCoug, MacavityLock, dramonic, Trumpet of Doom, Panzerjager

With an angry scowl, and a sudden pile-up of angry stares, Panzer decides to quickly and efficiently end the day and throws himself back upon the bookshelf. Upon doing so, it is seen that he was
Pokey Little Puppy (Vanilla Townie)

It is now N1, all night actions are due within 72 hours.

Thanks to BridgesandBaloons for replacing Limerickx.
Last edited by Riceballtail on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

As morning dawns, you find two of your number to have been returned to the book shelf. Checking the numbers, you first find Kunkstar to be missing. After a search, you find that he had been moved to the shelf in his sleep. The other missing amongst you was one you'd barely noticed at all. BridgesandBaloons had very clearly been ran over however, and that scared everyone a little bit more.

Kunkstar7 -
Shy Little Kitten (Town Hider)
- Put to sleep N1
BridgesandBaloons -
Curious Little Kitten (Town Tracker)
- Ran over N1.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Riceballtail on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

BAH
It is really poor form to night kill a replacement.
Especially since I read-through this game and wrote up an analysis summary of this game.

SC, I looked forward to playing with you.

Whoever night-killed me, shame on you.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

BAH
It is really poor form to night kill a replacement.
Especially since I read-through this game and wrote up an analysis summary of this game.

SC, I looked forward to playing with you.

Whoever night-killed me, shame on you.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by dramonic »

Personally my policy for those situation would be to tell the replaced he's dead as soon as I know as a mod. Just saying.

Ok... Stranger is alive... Quid?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Time to pursue my other suspect from when I replaced in.

Vote: totallynotmafia

I know what I am, but you were awfully quick to jump off my wagon when all I claimed was my story.

The scum's also clearly power-role hunting. We don't know what the two recently dead are yet, though.

Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:34 am

Post by Phlight »

If I have a role that targets, I targeted Trumpet of Doom in the last day/night cycle.

If I have a role that inspects for alignment, I didn't receive a result.

If I have a role that tracks or a role that watches, no one targeted Trumpet of Doom and Trumpet of Doom targetted BridgesAndBaloons.

I would like for everyone to hypoclaim in the above fashion in their next post. Whether you do have a role that targets or not, claim that you do and claim a result. Vigilantes, if any, should consider lying, lest they become obvious. This gives very little information to scum and means that if/when an investigative role dies, we'll have all of their information.

In other news,
vote: Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Phlight wrote:
If I have a role that targets, I targeted Trumpet of Doom in the last day/night cycle.

If I have a role that tracks or a role that watches, no one targeted Trumpet of Doom and Trumpet of Doom targetted BridgesAndBaloons.

I would like for everyone to hypoclaim in the above fashion in their next post. Whether you do have a role that targets or not, claim that you do and claim a result. Vigilantes, if any, should consider lying, lest they become obvious. This gives very little information to scum and means that if/when an investigative role dies, we'll have all of their information.
Are you serious? This gives plenty of information to scum, because they'll know who to go for to kill information roles - and as you yourself said, assuming we have a cop(/tracker/watcher) and a doctor is a terrible idea.

In other news, your claimed hypotrack result on me is BS.
Vote: Phlight.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Phlight »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Phlight wrote:

If I have a role that targets, I targeted [X] in the last day/night cycle.

If have a role that inspects for an alignment, [X is guilty/X is not guilty/I didn't receive a result.

If I have a role that tracks or a role that watches, [Y] targeted [X] and [X] targeted [Z].

I can clearly see why this plan makes sense, Phlight! Since everyone is hypoclaiming, the scum won't know who to kill!
Fixed.

Trumpet of Doom doesn't want a hypoclaim because he's scum. Although I didn't claim a result on him that implicates that he's scum (I hypoclaimed one, which is quite different), you can see the way that he absolutely freaked out. That's much more indicative of scum than my hypoclaim results.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 am

StrangerCoug wrote:Time to pursue my other suspect from when I replaced in.

Vote: totallynotmafia

I know what I am, but you were awfully quick to jump off my wagon when all I claimed was my story.

The scum's also clearly power-role hunting. We don't know what the two recently dead are yet, though.
I don't get why people (especially you) think it is so strange that I believed you - country mouse and city mouse make sense to be masons, if it had been a story without such an obvious relationship then I would have been dubious. If you are scum then it means that you either went through the little golden books and found country mouse and city mouse, hoping nobody else would have it, or you ARE country mouse and your scumbuddy is city mouse, which would be the dumbest claim ever because if your scumbuddy is lynched and comes up as city mouse, you're screwed. The first scenario is possible I guess, but involves a fair bit of luck, and is much more of a stretch than if you are telling the truth and you are a mason.

And what was the point of saying "I know what I am"? Stating the obvious a fair bit there, I should hope everyone knows what their role is.

If I have a role that targets, I targeted Phlight in the last day/night cycle.

If I have a role that inspects for alignment, the result was "innocent".

If I have a role that tracks or a role that watches, no one targeted Phlight and Phlight targeted no one.

I was going to ask Trumpet of Doom about his little mix-up with the lynch count but I guess I don't need to now.

Vote: Trumpet of Doom
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:17 am

Phlight wrote:
Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Phlight wrote:

If I have a role that targets, I targeted [X] in the last day/night cycle.

If have a role that inspects for an alignment, [X is guilty/X is not guilty/I didn't receive a result.

If I have a role that tracks or a role that watches, [Y] targeted [X] and [X] targeted [Z].

I can clearly see why this plan makes sense, Phlight! Since everyone is hypoclaiming, the scum won't know who to kill!
Fixed.

Trumpet of Doom doesn't want a hypoclaim because he's scum. Although I didn't claim a result on him that implicates that he's scum (I hypoclaimed one, which is quite different), you can see the way that he absolutely freaked out. That's much more indicative of scum than my hypoclaim results.
....hang on, hang on. Voting for someone after a hypoclaim result is a lot different than just a hypoclaim rseult by itself. Just want to make sure we're on the same page, otherwise this hypoclaim stuff is stupid.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:09 am

Post by dramonic »

Oh don't worry TNM.
This hypoclaim stuff is very stupid, no matter which way you take it ^_^
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Post 187 is updated with accurate role information and kill scene. Apologies for not being able to complete that on post. Also to Bridges for being replaced only to be NK'd.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Phlight
Phlight
Townie
Phlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Phlight »

2/3 of my top three possible scum have now refused to hypoclaim; let's see what SC does.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”