CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

@Mod: In the voting stage, are we allowed to give reasoning for our vote or just who we vote?

Sorry about the previous confusion mod, won't happen again...

bv310: How do you feel about bussing and how often do you do it? Why?
Cobalt: If someone bandwagons without sufficient reason/the same reasons of another person, are the automatically scum? Why?
Debonair Danny DiPietro: Disregarding the rule, do you think that if town doesn't come up with a decision by the deadline, should the majority vote die, or no one die? Why?
Doombunny9: Do you prefer being town, scum, or a third party and how do you feel about this game? Why?
DragonsofSummer: Back at ya - do you think lurkers should be lynched? Why?
Ellibereth: Say you are a cop, who do you investigate now? Why?
farside22: Do you agree with the common scumtell that, "the third and fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum"? Why?
Kirbyoshi: What is your strategy if you are a pro-town roleblocker? Why?
Netopalis: What is your strategy if you are a scum roleblocker? Why?
Sanhora: How are you be successful in this game?
The Inquisition: Have you played with any of the players in this game before and how do they typically act?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

CryMeARiver wrote:
@Mod: In the voting stage, are we allowed to give reasoning for our vote or just who we vote?

Sorry about the previous confusion mod, won't happen again...

bv310: How do you feel about bussing and how often do you do it? Why?
Cobalt: If someone bandwagons without sufficient reason/the same reasons of another person, are the automatically scum? Why?
Debonair Danny DiPietro: Disregarding the rule, do you think that if town doesn't come up with a decision by the deadline, should the majority vote die, or no one die? Why?
Doombunny9: Do you prefer being town, scum, or a third party and how do you feel about this game? Why?
DragonsofSummer: Back at ya - do you think lurkers should be lynched? Why?
Ellibereth: Say you are a cop, who do you investigate now? Why?
farside22: Do you agree with the common scumtell that, "the third and fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum"? Why?
Kirbyoshi: What is your strategy if you are a pro-town roleblocker? Why?
Netopalis: What is your strategy if you are a scum roleblocker? Why?
Sanhora: How are you
gonna
be successful in this game?
The Inquisition: Have you played with any of the players in this game before and how do they typically act?
EBWOP
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Mod

I think i understand now but just to be sure:

We can only ask questions in the question stage, only answer them in the answer stage, and only vote in the voting stage? Nothing else in either of them, right?

Also, same question as CMAR- Can we explain our votes in the voting stage or are we just limited to voting?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Max »

Voting is in the voting stage, and just that. Nothing More

And yes bunny of doom you are correct
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

bv: Do you find that town or scum makes reaching cases more?
Cobalt: What information do you expect to gain from that question?
CryMe: Is it more likely that someone asking in-thread for clarification is town, or scum trying to look town?
DDD: Is your change of avatar a sign that you will lurk this game?
Doombunny: What confused you on the first page?
Dragons: Are you going to base your votes off of mainly your own questions, or other people’s questions?
Ellibereth: Why did your first post only contain a quote? Don’t you have anything to add?
Farside: Is the fact that you’re basically V/LA on weekends, combined with the fact that all 7 days of the week count in this game, going to affect your play? If so, how?
Netopalis: Why should I trust you?
Sanhora: In how many games on this site have you lived to endgame?
The Inq: Are you going to live up to your name and ask BA questions?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Max »

bv310
did not use all questions. As bv has posted there will be no strike given.

he also has 12 minutes to post them... if he does so in time he won't lose them.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Max »

Number denotes which player asked the question:
  1. bv310
  2. Cobalt
  3. CryMeARiver
  4. Debonair Danny DiPietro
  5. Doombunny9
  6. DragonsofSummer
  7. Ellibereth
  8. farside22
  9. Kirbyoshi
  10. Netopalis
  11. Sanhora (Some in pos 12)
  12. The Inquisition (Some in Pos 11)
Questions for:
bv310

1. No question from self
  2. Are you town?
  3. How do you feel about bussing and how often do you do it? Why?
  4. Do you have the same alignment as me?
  5. Do you use meta and if so, how much?
  6. Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
  7. How important do you find meta?
  8. Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?
  9. Do you find that town or scum makes reaching cases more?
  10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.
  11. In post 10, did you or did you not agree with Farside's and CMAR's accusation against Kirby and why?
  12. If your role were a fruit, what role would it be?
Questions for:
Cobalt

1. No question from bv
  2. No question from self
  3. If someone bandwagons without sufficient reason/the same reasons of another person, are the automatically scum? Why?
  4. Do you expect to learn anything at all from your question?
  5. As of when you answer this question, who do you think is the scummiest person?
  8. Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?
  9. What information do you expect to gain from that question?
  10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.
  11. After everyone has responded to your question, can you tell us what information the answers have given to you?
  12. If you were an SK, what strategy would you take this game to win?
Questions for:
CryMeARiver

1. Do you not think that you're reaching a bit? If so, do you not consider that to be a scumtell?
  2. Are you town?
  3. No question from self
  4. Do you have the same alignment as DragonsofSummer?
  5. What would you say your normal playstyle is (such as lurking a lot, talkitive, etc.)
  9. Is it more likely that someone asking in-thread for clarification is town, or scum trying to look town?
  11. If you were given one ability in addition to your own to help you win this game, what would it be and why?
  12. What do you think of Kirby's explanation?
Questions for:
Debonair Danny DiPietro

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Disregarding the rule, do you think that if town doesn't come up with a decision by the deadline, should the majority vote die, or no one die? Why?
  4. No question from self
  5. Do you, like me, feel a strong urge to answer some of the questions even though we're not supposed to?
  9. Is your change of avatar a sign that you will lurk this game?
  11. What's your strategy for winning this game?
  12. Do you have the same allignment as The Inquisition?
Questions for:
Doombunny9

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Do you prefer being town, scum, or a third party and how do you feel about this game? Why?
  4. What possible benefit do you think the town would derive from just asking and answering trivia questions?
  5. No question from self
  9. What confused you on the first page?
  11. Can you give me two good reasons we shouldn't just lynch you on the first round of voting?
  12. If you were only allowed to ask one question during the first question stage, who would you have asked a question and what would it have been?
Questions for:
DragonsofSummer

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Do you think lurkers should be lynched? Why?
  4. Do you have the same alignment as CryMeARiver?
  5. What experiance have you had on this site or other similar sites. Meaning, how many games, how many were you town, scum, 3rd party etc.
  6. No question from self
  9. Are you going to base your votes off of mainly your own questions, or other people’s questions?
  11. If you had to, who would you policy lynch?
  12. Is there a special reason why you asked about Lynch all Lurkers or not?
Questions for:
Ellibereth

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Say you are a cop, who do you investigate now? Why?
  4. Why do you say you’d stop talking until the mod answered, but then you posted anyways before the mod answered anything?
  5. Would you consider yourself to be "pro-town"
  7. No question from self
  9. Why did your first post only contain a quote? Don’t you have anything to add?
  11. What types of questions would you expect to see from a scum?
  12. Who asked the best questions and who the worst and why?
Questions for:
farside22

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Do you agree with the common scumtell that, "the third and fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum"? Why?
  4. What benefit do expect to accrue from people supplying meta reads of themselves in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
  5. What is your opinions on policy lynches, when is it ok, not ok etc.
  8. No question from self
  9. Is the fact that you’re basically V/LA on weekends, combined with the fact that all 7 days of the week count in this game, going to affect your play? If so, how?
  11. Which is lonelier when you play, town or scum? Why?
  12. Same question - What do you think of Kirby's explanation?
Questions for:
Kirbyoshi

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. What is your strategy if you are a pro-town roleblocker? Why?
  4. Why the timidity in asking a question? Do you really expect the mod to go all punishment crazy if you ask a question without a verifiable answer?
  5. If you were to make a huge mistake when claiming but no one noticed but you, would you fix it if it would hurt you if it did?
  8. How would you persue a player through a question that has no right answer to it?
  9. No question from self
  11. If you had to pick up your role at a bar, what pickup line would you use?
  12. What did you think of the accusations from Farside and CMAR at the start?
Questions for:
Netopalis

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. What is your strategy if you are a scum roleblocker? Why?
  4. What benefit do expect to accrue from people talking about their usual playstyle in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
  5. Have you played any mafia games in a non-forum style (such as chatroom or RL)
  9. Why should I trust you?
  11. Why did you decide to play this game?
  12. Are you a 'leader' or a 'sheep'?
Questions for:
Sanhora

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. How are you gonna be successful in this game?
  4. Even I’m getting my questions in before you, what’s taking so long?
  5. What are you're overall opinions on this setup. What do you like, what don't you like etc.
  9. In how many games on this site have you lived to endgame?
  11. No Question from Self
  12. If one person should absolutely not be lynched day 1, who would it be and why?
Questions for:
The Inquisition

1. No question from bv
  2. Are you town?
  3. Have you played with any of the players in this game before and how do they typically act?
  4. Do you have the same alignment as bv310?
  5. Would you consider yourself a "good" person when playing scum?
  9. Are you going to live up to your name and ask BA questions?
  11. What's your opinion of rolefishing?
  12. No question from self
I made an error and some of Sanhoras and Inquisitions questions have been mixed up
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I see the no question from BV does that mean we are still in the question phase mod?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Netopalis »

My responses:

1. No question from bv -
No answer from Netopalis, then.

2. Are you town?
Yes, but I'd say that as scum too.

3. What is your strategy if you are a scum roleblocker? Why?

If I'm a scum roleblocker, I generally like to roleblock the quieter players that might have power roles. This frees up the kill to attack players that are better scumhunters. Netopalis' First Law states that there is a 95% chance that at least one of the least-engaged or scummiest players will have one of the most powerful roles.

4. What benefit do expect to accrue from people talking about their usual playstyle in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?

People describe their playstyles in different ways depending on whether they are town or scum. Scum approach the game as trying to convince people that they are town. Townies, however, approach the game trying to find scum. Asking questions which attempt to get people to describe something often shows some subtle differences in approach.

5. Have you played any mafia games in a non-forum style (such as chatroom or RL)

Yes, both chat and face-to-face style. I prefer forum mafia, though.

At times. I do support it in cases where someone continues to lurk, but posts just enough to avoid replacement. I also support the idea that it should at least be brought up every now and then as a serious threat to encourage more activity. Additionally, sometimes lurking is scum-driven. As a general rule, though, no.

Mostly unimportant. I've never gotten a great deal of benefit from using it. I recently made a post on the subject in MD, if anyone is curious.

From my perspective, my town and scum playstyles are somewhat similar. Two games that I feel that I did the best in as scum or as town are as follows:

Hellsing Mafia (Town): http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12442

Mafia in Belgrove (Mafia): http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12561

As both town and scum, I tend to be extremely cautious on D1. I try to avoid interacting in D1 a lot because I find that I generally suck at it. My playstyle is very logic-based, and in order to use it, I need material and information to work with. Therefore, I'm much better on D2 and beyond. The biggest difference between my play as scum and as town is that I seem to be a bit more aggressive as town, but I'm not entirely sure that this is true. Self-evaluation on playstyle is inherently biased and generally inaccurate.

9. Why should I trust you?
You shouldn't. You shouldn't trust anyone in Mafia.

As stated earlier, I favor a very logic-based style of play and really dislike gut-based arguments. I understand their necessity, but I disagree as to their effectiveness. Generally, I focus on contradictions, nervous behavior and a general feel of trying to hide something. I also tend to be extremely cautious on D1 - this has gotten me lynched before when I objected to a 3-man bandwagon that formed on page 2. However, I would contend that cautiousness and hating RVS is not a scumtell. RVS, incidentally, is anathema to me. That's one reason I signed up for this game.

As for what I value the most, I would say logic, debate, argument and cool-headedness.

11. Why did you decide to play this game?
It seemed like a unique concept and I'm hoping that it will help flesh out my knowledge of D1 play and alternative methods of starting the game

12. Are you a 'leader' or a 'sheep'?
I like to consider myself a leader, but I only lead when I have something to say. I feel that it's counterproductive to attempt to take the reins when you're not entirely sure how to proceed. That being said, once I feel confident in my suspicions, I do my best to make strong arguments and lead the charge in that direction.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Netopalis »

Farside: He didn't get anything in in time.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, Mod: Can we ask ourselves questions? I noticed that you have a "No question from self" placeholder - I think it could be useful to explain other answers or controversies.

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Max »

No it's just so the key for player nos works regardless (I use the list function) and numbers aren't just skipped:

e.g. 1, 2, 4 which may lead to confusion
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:47 am

Post by The Inquisition »

1. No question from bv
Boo
2. Are you town?
Yes.
3. Have you played with any of the players in this game before and how do they typically act?
I think I played with Cobalt. I think I found him scummy and he turned out to be SK.
4. Do you have the same alignment as bv310?
I have no idea.
5. Would you consider yourself a "good" person when playing scum?
I guess so, but the only games I have are as town (4 games)
No. At least not in this game. This game essentially forces the same amount of participation from each player. We get to ask one question to each player. We get to answer each question once. We get to vote once. I might have a Lynch Evasive Answers thing, but that's not policy. That's because I think it'd be scummy.
I have yet to see where meta has actually been used in a convincing manner and has led to a correct lynch and there's been a reasonable connection (i.e. meta is used and that person is lynched AND they were acting within their meta).
I have no games as scum.

Town:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 91&start=0

I aggresively pursued saberwolf who was lynched on Day 2 but was town.
9. Are you going to live up to your name and ask BA questions?
I'm not sure what BA questions means, but I hope to ask questions that can help spur questions. I think everyone should ask questions that are open-ended. This has less relevance to these starting questions, but it will later. Yes or No questions will be unhelpful.
I try to play aggressively usually although that will be a challenge in this format. I value when a player breaks and they lose their cool, allowing a brief exposure to their actual alignment -- scum or town.
11. What's your opinion of rolefishing?
It depends on the purpose. General rolefishing is most often a bad idea as it can usually give scum more information than town. But specific rolefishing can be useful if a player has a very good idea of why he is doing it. For example, if he's a power role and has a confusing result on a player, attempting to draw that out without exposing that player may be worthwhile.
You will confess.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Cobalt »

No question from bv
No question from self
If someone bandwagons without sufficient reason/the same reasons of another person, are the automatically scum? Why?
no, because town has motivation to do that as well as scum
Do you expect to learn anything at all from your question?
no
As of when you answer this question, who do you think is the scummiest person?
kirbyoshi
Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
How important do you find meta?
lurkers must die, because they're wasting space OR scum. meta is no substitute for a case based on current play.
Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?
no
What information do you expect to gain from that question?
hmmm, another person asking this? Interesting.
Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.
I value winning. My style is one that leads to winning.
After everyone has responded to your question, can you tell us what information the answers have given to you?
Sure, lol
If you were an SK, what strategy would you take this game to win?
If I'm NK-immune, shoot town PRs. If I'm not, shoot scum.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Ellibereth »

1. No question from bv
2. Are you town?
3. Say you are a cop, who do you investigate now? Why?
4. Why do you say you’d stop talking until the mod answered, but then you posted anyways before the mod answered anything?
5. Would you consider yourself to be "pro-town"
7. No question from self
9. Why did your first post only contain a quote? Don’t you have anything to add?
11. What types of questions would you expect to see from a scum?
12. Who asked the best questions and who the worst and why?
1. N/A
2. Yeah
3. Not answering this. Question is scummy as hell.
4. Not sure if we were able to have side convos, and I got sick of waiting so I just put up my question.
5. Yeah
6. Yes. They're either useless town or scum. Don't lurk.
7. N/A
8. No. All my completed and pending games are in my wiki.
10. Unconventional, Gutsy, Confident. Having a good time.
11. Don't like this question either. I'm not telling scum what to avoid.
12. Don't feel there is any particularly "best" question. Didn't like 3 and 11. (Cry and Inquisition).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by farside22 »

1. No question from bv
2. Are you town?
3. Do you agree with the common scumtell that, "the third and fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum"? Why?
4. What benefit do expect to accrue from people supplying meta reads of themselves in a game that that appears to be extremely different from convention?
5. What is your opinions on policy lynches, when is it ok, not ok etc.
8. No question from self
9. Is the fact that you’re basically V/LA on weekends, combined with the fact that all 7 days of the week count in this game, going to affect your play? If so, how?
11. Which is lonelier when you play, town or scum? Why?
12. Same question - What do you think of Kirby's explanation?
1. well screw you too
2. yes
3. no. I have seen too many players do different things from be aggressive (vote first) to hold bad (vote second to last)
Every time there is a new theory on when scum vote they just vote to another slot they want with no rhyme or reason.
4. I want to see how honest people are about their game play. Asking for links and thoughts means if they are lying about their scum views it would be something I would ask why they lied about it.
5. I detest policy lynches. Most players that are on the end of a policy lynch either ask for replacement for have flipped town more times then I count. It's not scum hunting it's not helpful.
6. Lurkers that are activity lurking yes. Lurkers that are busy and not posting elsewhere no. An active lurker to me means they don't want to be here and are lying in wait instead of going into a game. It's part of what I use when judging a player but it's not my number 1 reason for lynching a player.
7. I used to think before my break it wasn't helpful at all. But I realized more and more people are getting easier for me to read based on meta and how they played a game with me before. It starts to niggle at me things that they did in another game and it usually gives me a more accurate read of them.
9. Limited access isn't v/la. It just means you won't see me around posting as much as I do on the weekdays. The only difference you will see from Mon - Fri vs weekends is less posting and less time for games. I always try to find time during the weekend to post at least once.
10. Most of the time I'm aggressive, sarcastic and I post walls of text when playing mafia. I enjoy the thrill of grilling a player I think is scum and when lynched if I'm correct that little cheer I do when I'm right. I giggle if people think I'm town when I'm scum and it's just all about the pleasure of the victory
11. This is going to sound weird but I feel lonely whenever I'm scum. When scum you can't care about if you bus your scum partner, feel more distant towards players in the game, guarded and tense. Town I feel none of that and even if everyone was against me as town I shared more of myself as town.
12. That was not what I thought he meant when I read the question originally. It sounded to me like he wanted to trip someone up and what would be the point of asking trivia questions.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Answers from:
Kirbyoshi

1. No question from bv
Dude, seriously, you can't expect to get any info if you don't ask any questions

2. Are you town?
Uh, yes, but I will also tell you that I would say that as town or scum.

3. What is your strategy if you are a pro-town roleblocker? Why?
I would probably wait until I think I know who a member of the scumteam is, then RB him/her, so I don't hit a pro-town PR

4. Why the timidity in asking a question? Do you really expect the mod to go all punishment crazy if you ask a question without a verifiable answer?
No, but I wanted to play this game the right way from the beginning

5. If you were to make a huge mistake when claiming but no one noticed but you, would you fix it if it would hurt you if it did?
Yes. Unintentional misdirection is still anti-town.

No, because I myself have found a couple times that I have been unexpectedly V/LA, and I don't want to come back and find that the people in the game have lynched me simply for inactivity. However, I do support the Lynch All Liars stance.

Not nearly as important as some make it out to be, but very far from useless.

8. How would you pursue a player through a question that has no right answer to it?
I assume this is in reference to my question to the mod, which I clarified. "No verifiable right answer" means questions about roles, opinion questions about the game, etc. What I meant by "verifiable" was "Is it able to be wikied for the info?" My intention was never to ask an impossible question.

9. No question from self
Same as bv ;)

If you agree with my suspicions, I can be your best friend. If you don't, you will probably find me scummy, and therefore try to lynch me.

11. If you had to pick up your role at a bar, what pickup line would you use?
Wow, fish much? But the line would be "what's your favorite type of ice cream?"

12. What did you think of the accusations from Farside and CMAR at the start?
I think they were based on a misunderstanding, and one that I hope is cleared up now.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

1. No question from bv -
bv can fuck off and die then

2. Are you town?
Yes.

3. Disregarding the rule, do you think that if town doesn't come up with a decision by the deadline, should the majority vote die, or no one die? Why?
I do not like minority lynches, if the town can't come to a consensus then it's the town's fault they don't get a lynch. We should not need to be rescued by the mod.

4. No question from self -
self can fuck and off die as well

5. Do you, like me, feel a strong urge to answer some of the questions even though we're not supposed to? -
Yes.

Not as a firm policy, you should lynch liars when you think they're scum, you should let them live when they're town. In this game it might be a more solid policy since we're limited in our scumhunting.

7. How important do you find meta? -
Important enough that I internally use it when playing with players I've played with before, but not important enough to go read other games just to get a meta read on players.

8. Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town? -
My playstyle is too fluid to have a single game define it well and I don't think I have a current scum meta anyways since I'm on a many game town streak.

9. Is your change of avatar a sign that you will lurk this game? -
My change of avatar is nothing game related and it strikes me as near impossible to lurk in this style game.

10. Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia. -
My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!

11. What's your strategy for winning this game? -
Act like enough of a jerk that scum think I'm a town liability and don't kill me for a couple nights while I identify and help lynch the scum.

12. Do you have the same allignment as The Inquisition? -
Probably, the odds suggest it's likely
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

1. No question from bv
What everyone else said

2. Are you town?
As far as you know: Yes. Don't know how this will help anyone though

3.Do you prefer being town, scum, or a third party and how do you feel about this game? Why?
I have no real preferance but if I had to pick I guess it would really depend on the specific roles but prbably 3rd party (Jesters FTW). Also, I am still somewhat confused (Well, confused may not be the best word for it at this point. I think it's mainly wrapping my head around the setup) but I think i'm getting the hang of it now

4. What possible benefit do you think the town would derive from just asking and answering trivia questions?
No idea but the flavor text at the beginning seemed to hint at it (At least to me anyway). Besides, at that point I was helplessly confused :P

5. No question from self
Darn it me. How are you supposed to gain information if you don't ask everyone questions -rage-

I do not
support
it per se. However, I do find lurking scummy. If they have enough information on them to make them look like scum, well, the lurking just makes it even worse. However, i don't think people should be lynched if the only thing they do is lurk.

Meta is fine as long as isn't too relied upon. Meta could help in catching scum however, like lurking, it should not be used if thats the only thing you have against a person.

I have never been scum on this site before so I can't link you a game on that (check yourself if you want). But I can link you to a game I was town (This is the most recent so probably the most accurate but I may have changed a little) http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12789
In this game I was playing as Jaime Marcelle.

9. What confused you on the first page?
Pretty much the general layout of the thing and the confusion of weather I was supposed to ask trivia or general questions.

I don't think I can do a very good job of describing how I play on this site but if you want you can see for yourself -points up-. As for what value I find the most important, i am not sure what you mean by that.

11. Can you give me two good reasons we shouldn't just lynch you on the first round of voting?
Not really. But likewise, I can't think of any good reasons why you should lynch me too

12. If you were only allowed to ask one question during the first question stage, who would you have asked a question and what would it have been?
Truthfully, I have no idea. In fact, I just thought of 12 random questions and randomised them to give them to random people. So I guess I would have picked a random person and asked them a random question :P
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:36 am

Post by Sanhora »

No question from bv

Are you town?

How are you gonna be successful in this game?

Even I’m getting my questions in before you, what’s taking so long?

What are you're overall opinions on this setup. What do you like, what don't you like etc.

Do you support the Lynch all Lurkers argument? Why or why not?
How important do you find meta?

Would you please link and describe how you act in a game as mafia and as town?

In how many games on this site have you lived to endgame?

Describe your style of play on this site, and what you value the most in the game of mafia.

No Question from Self

If one person should absolutely not be lynched day 1, who would it be and why?
1. Hi

2. Yep

3. By being myself. I'm the scumbugger for a reason XD

4. Different timezone. I had the opportunity to glance at my role PM before I had to log off (Wednesday night). Thursday is always a busy day for me, so it took some time to get my questions in.

5. This set-up follows the way I scumhunt. I ask questions to show what I didn't like about a post. What I don't like is that we aren't allowed to talk outside the one question we have during the Question Stages.

6. Depends on the situation. If the only crime is the lurking, I wouldn't lynch him based upon that alone. If he was scummy for other reasons as well, then I would consider it.
As for the why, there are different solutions to deal with lurkers.

7. I can't say how important I think meta is, but I do think it's important. If you've played with some players before, you can most of the time tell the difference between their town and scum games.

8. The only completed game with this account is a newbie game in which I got NK'ed almost immediatly after I replaced in it. It has one post in which is my confirmation post.
I try to act the same. So it comes down to attacking scummy players hard, especially my top suspicion and defending those who I think are attacked for a bad reason. This defence comes either by defending his actions or showing why my main suspicion is a better target.

9. With this account, none. But most of my games are still ongoing. So far, I'm either replaced or NK'ed.

10. See 8. As for what I value most, being right XD Other than that, players who aren't 'sheeps', but do look at other cases presented. (I'm not a 'sheep', but I can't be fully honest if I'd say that I look at all cases presented >.<)

12. Right now, I have no strong townish feelings from anyone, so this is based upon my thoughts of players who I think should be kept alive if town: Ellibereth and Farside.
This answer will very likely change after I have stronger reads.
"I'm on the side of money."
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:22 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

bv310 asks...
Do you not think that you're reaching a bit? If so, do you not consider that to be a scumtell?
Yes, I’ll admit that I am “reaching a bit”, but it was suspicious and what else can you do but reach with little other information…No, I don’t consider it a scumtell because 1) I know that I am town and 2) I was just trying to make the most out of the info I had with this setup
Cobalt asks...
2. Are you town?
Yes
3. No question from self
Well screw you too
Debonair Danny DiPietro asks...
4. Do you have the same alignment as DragonsofSummer?
Now that would depend if he's scum or not, and I don't really have a read on him yet
Doombunny9 asks...
5. What would you say your normal playstyle is (such as lurking a lot, talkitive, etc.)
I'm not as talkative as I tend to analyze a lot rather than be aggressive…I only "lurk" when I'm unable to get on the computer, but in this game, lurking is kind of useless...I only like to hammer when I can truly gather that they are scum from their posts or if I feel we need a lynch soon or the game is going to die off…
DragonsofSummer asks...
That would depend…active lurkers, yes for the most part because they are either scum or useless town…non-active lurkers, no, I think replacement would be the better choice
Ellibereth asks...
As I am rather new to the site, I don't consider meta that important...if I've played with a person before, then that usually affects how I think of them, but I'm not the type to go searching through their past games...therefore, I don't find it that important as, especially in this game, the situation changes from game to game
farside22 asks...
I have still never been scum on this site, but as town I tend to analyze a lot rather than be aggressive…I only like to hammer when I can truly gather that they are scum from their posts or if I feel we need a lynch soon or the game is going to die off…First link is my noob game (in which I got bored with the game, wasn’t as active as I should have been, had an inactive mod, and was lynched) and 2nd is a game I replaced into (which I am still playing in)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13110
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13044
Kirbyoshi asks...
9. Is it more likely that someone asking in-thread for clarification is town, or scum trying to look town?
I think it could be both...I've asked for clarification on things as a townsperson because I didn't understand, but I suppose scum would ask for clarification just to learn more...so it could go either way, but I think town would be the better answer
Netopalis asks...
This is only my third game on this site, but my style of play consists of a lack of humor/sarcasm (though I have both in the real world) in this game and I tend to take my time and analyze everything. I value using one’s role to the best of their ability to make their alignment win.
The Inquisition asks...
11. If you were given one ability in addition to your own to help you win this game, what would it be and why?
You mean besides an 11-player investigation??? hmm…I’d say the ability of a doctor (to protect) because that is a very important and valued position and it would change how I play the game entirely
Sanhora asks...
12. What do you think of Kirby's explanation?
Well, lets look...his original question was "Do the questions have to be ones that there is a distinct, verifiable right answer to?" This sounds pretty scummy as it sounds as if he wants to ask vague and unanswerable questions to trip people up...His explanation was "I wanted to clarify my question to the mod: I wanted to know if the questions should be trivia, or game-related." Of course you would ask game-related questions or else how could you scumhunt? Sounds like someone is attempting to backtrack...
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Max wrote: 1. No question from bv
2. Are you town?
3. Do you think lurkers should be lynched? Why?
4. Do you have the same alignment as CryMeARiver?
5. What experiance have you had on this site or other similar sites. Meaning, how many games, how many were you town, scum, 3rd party etc.
6. No question from self
9. Are you going to base your votes off of mainly your own questions, or other people’s questions?
11. If you had to, who would you policy lynch?
12. Is there a special reason why you asked about Lynch all Lurkers or not?
1. ORLY?

2.Yes, but I don't know what you hope to gain from this question.

3.I think people who are actively lurking should be lynched, but not people who are lurking (the difference being active lurkers post consistantly, but don't ever add anything at all to the game, where as a lurkers posts are few and far between). I am definitely not in support of the Lynch all Lurkers argument.

4. I have no idea whether or not I have the same alignment as CryMeARiver.

5. http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... nsofSummer That is a link to my wiki page for this site. This is the only site I play on.

6.Fine me, I won't answer.

7. I could take it or leave it, unless I have very good reason I will never build a serious case around meta.

8. TOWN-- http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12697
SCUM-- http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7452
The scum is far less recent, but I don't have an accurate picture of scum from recently. (I was scum in Empire Records Mafia, but I didn't really do much playing in that game, and so its hard to glean much from it)

9. I will base my votes off of whatever questions seem the best to vote off of. If they are mine, fine, if not, then I will go with someone else's.

10. I'm not really sure how to answer this question. I have a problem with lurking sometimes, but I try to be an active player. I don't really know how to answer this question, I've never tried to discern my own meta. I value having fun while playing mafia, thats what it is for.

11. I don't policy lynch. The closest I have ever come was a lynch of zwets in one game. But if I had to it would be cobalt because in general I disagree with his playstyle.

12. Yes, I think the argument is bunk, but I am just trying to find out what other think.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Max »

bv has just under 6 hours to answer. Otherwise will receive a prod and a strike (2 consecutive strikes = out, 3 strikes all game = out [Excluding V/LA that I'm informed of])
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:22 am

Post by bv310 »

Questions for:
bv310

1. No question from self
  2. Are you town?
  3. How do you feel about bussing and how often do you do it? Why?
  4. Do you have the same alignment as me?
  5. Do you use meta and if so, how much?
  9. Do you find that town or scum makes reaching cases more?
  11. In post 10, did you or did you not agree with Farside's and CMAR's accusation against Kirby and why?
  12. If your role were a fruit, what role would it be?
1. Should've asked myself a question
2. Yes, but the sheer WIFOM factor of this is stunning
3. Bussing doesn't usually work well, so I try to avoid it.
4. I believe so, but again the WIFOM
5. I use meta if I've played with a player before. I don't really like it, but it's still cool when people are actually good at it.
6. Lynch all Lurkers is a good argument in the middle of the game, but at the beginning it usually just means that people are trying to wait for openings.
7. Answered in 5
8. Big Brother is a good example of my playstyle regardless of alignment. (I don't have a scum game yet)
9. Town by far. Townies are more likely to tunnel.
10. My playstyle is usually to sit back and let scum screw themselves over.
11. I didn't really care either way, it just seemed like a bit of a reach.
12. If my role were a fruit, it would be a lime. Save people with the buoyancy of citrus. [/quote]
The Inquisition
The Inquisition
Goon
The Inquisition
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am

Post by The Inquisition »

vote: ellibereth
You will confess.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”