Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Gayle »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 3 ) Rhinox ojanen elvis_knits
DrippingGoofball ( 5 ) mykonian Albert B. Rampage popsofctown fishythefish plum
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 2 ) CSL Raskol
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 2 ) gayle DrippingGoofball
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 2 ) farside22 Hoopla
Raskol ( 1 ) evilsnail
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT IF SHE WAS TOWN IT WOULD BE THIS DIFFICULT TO LYNCH HER??? I think NOT.
What? This does not make any sense at all. Surely you are not saying that the fact that she is difficult to lynch makes her even more scummy?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Gayle wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT IF SHE WAS TOWN IT WOULD BE THIS DIFFICULT TO LYNCH HER??? I think NOT.
What? This does not make any sense at all. Surely you are not saying that the fact that she is difficult to lynch makes her even more scummy?
That's exactly what I'm saying. There is an organized force working against this town to stop us from lynching their headmaster DGB.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Fishythefish wrote:EK: I think pairwise scumhunting d1 with no information is a terrible reason for a vote - simply because you're much less likely to be right trying to name multiple scum. Is there anything about CSL himself that makes you think he is scum? I think the connection with me would be better left until he flips scum (which I don't really think he would).
CSL is scum because:

1) He vote Myko based on the scum slip (bad vote at best, IMO), then he unvoted like a scared puppy. Later, myko isn't even on his scum list.

2) He said he wasn't following Plum, which he clearly was, especially given the page number he said he was on when he voted.

3) Not giving any reasoning for his votes.

4) Asking to be allowed to live to night, saying he's okay with being NKed. He's hinting at being the teleporter, right?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

OF NOTE:

If CSL flips scum, I almost guarantee myko is town (remember CSL's crappy vote and scaredy cat unvote?).

I also can almost guarantee pops is town is CSL flips scum. Because pops called for a policy lynch of CSL. Scum buddies aren't going to call for a policy lynch on their buddy. You don't get any town credit for that. Better off making a case and bussing that way if you're going to do it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mykonian wrote:But ABR isn't the only one on the wagon.
There aren't that many people on the wagon, and I suspect that opportunistic scum would jump at the opportunity to join in and have me as the lynch, and out of the way. Plum certainly seemed opportunistic, and mykonian gives out bad vibes.

I'm also leery of anyone professing to be blind to the personal vendetta that is the main fuel of the wagon - it's quite disingenuous.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Gayle »

ABR wrote:That's exactly what I'm saying. There is an organized force working against this town to stop us from lynching their headmaster DGB.
So essentially, DGB is scum and anyone who disagrees is scum.

This is the summary you were refering to, correct?
ABR wrote:-her touchiness in this game that is inexistant when she is town
-her attacking whoever is convenient for her
-her false representations
-lack of any real content or scumhunting, but then attacks other players for things she isn't doing
-attacking players who she thinks have something personal against her to "preemptive" them so to speak
-making the same bullshit accusations that she does as scum
Alot of those reasons seem rather speculative. They are not so solid that DGB
must
be scum and anyone who doesn't see that her scumbuddies.

@EK:
Your last post about guaranteeing town based on CSL's flip is completely and utterly ridiculous.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 am

Gayle wrote:
ABR wrote:That's exactly what I'm saying. There is an organized force working against this town to stop us from lynching their headmaster DGB.
So essentially, DGB is scum and anyone who disagrees is scum.
This in NO WAY represents my views. This seems to be more like something DGB would cook up as a stratagem to defend herself.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Gayle »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:This in NO WAY represents my views. This seems to be more like something DGB would cook up as a stratagem to defend herself.

-DGB is scum
-You can't get DGB lynched, because "There is an organized force working against this town to stop us from lynching their headmaster DGB".
-Therefore, those working against you are scum

Clarify for me how your view differs from this.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Plum »

DrippinGoofball wrote:Is this a suggestion to lynch ME first to better evaluate CSL, whom you have also voted on before?
Absolutely not. It's a suggestion to lynch my top suspect first and reevaluate my second suspect (who I've said is less than likely to be your scumbuddy) afterwards with the info from the flip. Please don't spin my words.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Plum, I read your long post and I have this sinking feeling that you just WANT to vote me. You have no solid reason; all of it is fluff talk because for some reason, you feel like voting me, because it's more convenient to get me out of the way (as I hunt scum like a spinning dervish) than a merely useless player like CSL. I can see why I'd be a lynch priority for scum (especially since for some reason I'm under some suspicion, why not exploit this vulnerability to a most convenient lynch), and that CSL would be the #2 easy lynch.
I might be wrong. If my case doesn't make you really happy, add it to my prior case on you and consider a healthy slice of gut that this is
not
town-DGB I'm seeing. You're my top suspect, and if CSL is useless, I'm sure you can be hella dangerous scum, okay?

CSL's actions remind me of CSL-scum in a game I recently finished Modding. Other scumminess has been shown. I'd like to do a fuller meta evaluation of CSL at some point, yes.
DrippingGoofball wrote:There is a lot of spreading suspicion around.
In ~15 pages a lot of people did/said things I found suspicious.
DrippingGoofball wrote:You want to vote me, so even if I provide you 3 such links you're not unvoting. I'm too juicy a Day 1 lynch for the scum to pass up. Oh I see. You noted that elvis DID indeed vouch for me. And yet you demand links. Why? I'm guessing it's because you don't want to give up your foregone conclusion/townie-frame.
Dude, I know you do the general thing with telling people to go back to their QTs or saying that they might be coached as Town. I know that well; I've seen you do it. My point here is do you argue that two specific people are interacting in a scum QT together as Town or not? I specifically stated that that was what I was looking for. It's not my strongest or only feeling against you, DGB, but I would like a specific answer and so far the only examples I've seen have been ABR's with DGB-scum. Would I unvote you if I saw three such links? Probably not, because it's not my strongest point against you (by which I mean it's not what gives me the strongest DGB is scum impression).

Can you please explain to me where your scum list is different from your OMGUS list?

EK's provided links don't give an example of the specific thing I'm looking for, but thanks anyway, can't hurt.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let's not do Kairyuu's plan. Seems like scum will abuse it and I don't want the teleporters to claim.
Do you see the appeal in gaining a confirmed Townie for both universes late in their respective games? Explain further, please.
elvis_knits wrote:I am really not a fan of Plum voting CSL, then unvoting and voting DGB in the same post. What is the point of voting someone and then unvoting them in the same post? This smells so bad to me.
Uh huh. Recall that I was going over ~15 pages of info. My opinion changed strongly enough to switch my vote (CSL vote > Mykonian vote) and happened again over that course of pages later (DGB vote> CSL vote). What was the point? I didn't feel the need to erase my stream-of-consciousness votes and thoughts as the situation evolved. Consider me posting in regular time instead of having to catch up all at once and me changing my vote during that time. That's totally normal, and that's what you're seeing in condensed form.
farside22 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:She did this last game where she said something about scum talking during the day and was town. I'm wondering why plum is bringing it up since he was in the same game.
Was she in the same game? Are you sure? If so, we have Scumplum.
I'm a bit sick. I say this because my head is not as clear or wanting to go do a search. But didn't we just finish PYP where you made that comment to xyl and ek made the same comment in that game.
Plum replaced out and haylen replaced in plum's space but was scum in that game.
I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.
See the above, please. Then get back to me.

Re: EK's case. It's heavily flawed, possibly slightly scummy - eh, I;ll put the fact of it at null for now.
elvis_knits wrote:OMG. Backtrack much since the myko wagon failed? She says the main reason for her myko vote was NOT the slip, but his view on teleportation. If that's true, then why is she unvoting him? Have his views of teleportation changed?
His explanation about his views on Teleportation and why he said what he said nullified the scum level. It wasn't straight-up because he didn't want any Teleporting. I explained that. Last night as I read his responses to the wagon on him and his responses to my points on that in particular, it seemed that I had partially misinterpreted him, specifically in the actions I found scummy. He seemed to be contradictorily looking like an approver of a pro-Town plan which involved Teleportation and subtly dissuading from it, and pushing no Teleportation whatsoever. He explained, after the wagon started:
mykonian wrote:Kai's strategy was to create a confirmed towny by letting the claimed teleporters change play on that moment. These then had to be killed by the scum. (this later proved to be an impossible tactic because of the rules)

There was also talking about sending scummy players to the other universe. These stay in the game, are not confirmed scum or town, etc: these confuse.

So while I argued that we shouldn't do that, the plan to create confirmed townies was good. I argued against sending scummy players, but in favor using Kai's idea to make confirmed townies.
This reconciles his positions and makes me feel that what I saw was not scummy, as it first appeared.
elvis_knits wrote:So then she votes CSL.
Yes, because while Myk was explaining and looking thoroughly less scummy, CSL was acting hella scummy.
elvis_knits wrote:Then she says's rhinox made a bad vote on CSL. A defense of CSL while she votes him?? :shock:
It looked like it came out of nowhere, with no reference to the earlier Myk vote Rhinox had seemed fond of. It referenced voting CSL for some reasons inan earlier post, but it seemed Rhinox had said very little about CSL previously. It looked odd and kinda out of nowehere. That made me suspicious. Rhinox had some responses to me, and as I don't have too much time to spare right now I'm leaving Rhinox's responses to be addressed tomorrow night, hopefully.

DGD: In PYP I thought your reason for voting Tony - that only scum would have thought of choosing Framer, or admitting to such - was wrong; the QT thing didn't bother me at all. I did not hang onto that "slip" of yours; I refuted it.
Gayle wrote:
@EK:
I don't think plum is scum. Her switching of votes mid post was likely because she was making the post as she read along. As for myko, as the game moves along old reasons for suspicions often become less important. In short, opinions change.
This is basically what was going on.

More later.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum, please link me to instances of you voting somebody and unvoting the same person in the same post. When you are town.
Talk nerdy to me.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Plum »

Here's one. There are probably a few more I could find if I looked, if you like.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

ek 796: These are some good points, but wouldn't make me lynch plum today before lynching scum-csl.
myko wrote:I have seen CSL fakeclaim a powerrole as towny in an open setup. Have you ever played with him?
no don't believe I have.

I figured out something thats been bothering me about DGB. ABR-scum wouldn't be pursuing a personal vendetta, he would just be trying to force mislynch. For ABR to be tunneling because of a personal vendetta, that would point to ABR being town. DGB is arguing that a personal vendetta from ABR makes ABR scum, and that is just not the case.

Unless ABR has a vendetta that puts lynching DGB above his wincon regardless of allignment, which makes the tunneling a null tell, but makes ABR anti-town for doing so.

I have never played with DGB or ABR before, so I know nothing of either players meta or any possible vendetta between them. Truthfully, I could really care less right now, because right now in this game, DGB if flailing and looks scummy - ABR does not.

unvote: vote DGB
I think that is L-1 yes?. Claim time.

Its a little late in the day for theory, but I just thought of something. I think it might be better to teleport away neutral players rather than scummy players at night. We can lynch scummy players the next day. Teleporting away the scummy players mean we don't find out their allignment (useful info for scum hunting), and we have to go further down on our scum list to lynch tomorrow.

In other words, if we lynch suspect #1 today, I'd rather teleport away suspect #5 tonight so suspect #2 can be pursued for a lynch tomorrow. i don't think I'd like to see suspect #2 get teleported, not learn the allignment, and then have to go after suspect #3 or lower without knowing the allignment of players I thought were more likely to be scum. Just a thought.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'm still happy with a CSL lynch as well, i'm just starting to doubt it will happen before deadline.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 am

Post by farside22 »

A part of me wants to vote for DGB but it's based on something so small and trivial I wonder if I'm just going crazy.
The other part of me wants to vote DGB for her inconsistency for today. The last part wants me to vote based on the I'm old and forget things comment which god help me I did that as scum just recently when I ran out of excuses.

illness tells me to leave my vote for now and get better first.
But someone remind me of these points later.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

Also, sorry for the triple post, but it seems like an awefully long time since we've had a vote count.

As in this morning? I like up-to-date vote counts as much as anyone, and I try hard to provide it, but let's be reasonable.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Gayle »

A vote count since the mod is so terribly overworked.

If you have a problem with my level of activity, including vote counts, don't hesitate to PM me, but avoid in-thread sarcasm. For what it's worth, my previous vote count had come less than six hours before Rhinox made his post.

My Count wrote:CSL (2) - OJ EK
DGB (6) - Myko ABR pops fishy Plum Rhinox
evilsnail (2) - CSL Raskol
ABR (2) - Gayle DGB
Pops (2) - Farside Hoopla
Raskol (1) - evilsnail
My instructor informs me that math is not my strongest subject, so this may not be accurate.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 am

*Sigh*

I am the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE MASON.

My first post was a breadcrumb.

My second post is a hint as to the identity of my partner. It's obscure.

Good job scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 am

Can we lynch the scumz that have been pushing for my lynch for crap reasons now???

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Can we lynch the scumz that have been pushing for my lynch for crap reasons now???
Yes, please.

I will lynch any of CSL, Plum, Fishy, maybe ABR. ABR is a maybe because I don't know how much of his his personal vendetta and how much is scum.

P.S. my power just went out for about 20 minutes because of hte big snowstorm, and I thought it was going to stay off. It came back but I don't know if it will stay on.
Talk nerdy to me.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 am

Fake claim deluxe DGB, too bad I have to go now.

Real mason --> DON'T COUNTERCLAIM.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Fake claim deluxe DGB, too bad I have to go now.

Real mason --> DON'T COUNTERCLAIM.
This is ridiculous. If DGB is faking, the real mason should definitely claim. We are not lynching one of our two power roles without a counterclaim.
Talk nerdy to me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 am

ABR - Please. I'm already not playing games you're in. Do not ever replace in games I'm in. I'm sick and tired of your schtick.

I also said:
No. What I said was that Albert joined the game knowing who was playing in it. He replaced in, received a scum PM. Then in your QT started to bitch about personal issues that (1) don't exist beyond my hating being scum with ABR and (2) am I totally able to be fair and un-biased especially since I'm town. In any event it's clear that the two of you are communicating information outside the game and
you are not masons
. You are scumz.
So. My impressions that you and mykonian are chit chatting in a QT could mean you are masons. But I knew you weren't - I stuck my neck out a bit hoping someone would pick up that *I* am the mason, and the two of you have no legitimate reasons to exchange stories about ABR & myself other than if you are scum.

Can we lynch mykonian or ABR???

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Gayle »

Clearly this claim is a fabrication of the organized force working against town.

Illogical Rampage. I think I get it now.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:32 am

elvis_knits wrote:ABR is a maybe because I don't know how much of his his personal vendetta and how much is scum.
I think he's scum. Read mykonian's posts. He seems to "know" too many details that no one should be privy to. Are these two not sharing notes in a QT?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:34 am

NEWSFLASH: You might all be interested to know that DGB is not in fact the mason.

FULL CLAIM so we can prove that you're lying please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”