Mini 885 - Boom, Game Gutshot/Abandoned by Mod!

ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:32 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Is this game still alive except for Jase as of late?
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Jase wrote:Well I've finished reading. I'm not motivated right now but I will be posting my thoughts on all remaining players. For now I'll say that I approve of lynching chibo as SK. Although Humble is making me a little uneasy. Do we still need replacements.

Has the mod abandoned ship? What happened to that vote count?
Hey Jase, welcome to the game.

Humble and button are my two strongest town reads right now. (Humble for his actions - button because I highly doubt his actions re: Aran were a bus.) There aren't four scum in this game (if there are, I'll be calling for boxman to be banned immediately after the conclusion of this game ;)) so we can be sure if there's a scumbag he doesn't have any buddies looking after him - sometime to keep in mind looking at the interactions here.

We do still need replacements - I think prods should probably go out one last time before that and we can see who's here.

For now though, I think lynching Chibo and letting things go to night is the way to go. Hop on to this delicious wagon and let's get down to business.

ps. - Chibo, this is the part where you claim.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Hito, it's really not the best idea to talk about your strongest town reads. While it's ok to mention some things like who is fine and all, it's not good though to say strongest reads like that though sort of giving scum a target of who to take out. Scum can then take them out and leave us with a bunch of players that we're unsure about which makes mislynches easier to happen.

Why are you trying to force me to claim hito? There's still plenty much to be done. Flipping votes around and trying to get me to claim when I'm not even at L-1 with more to do seems more like rolefishing by pressuring to figure me out.

Fact of the matter is, we've just got a newly replaced player, EG is still absent (and not replaced afaik), or mod has gone missing, and when is the deadline anyway? The last vote count said it was Jan 26th lol (yea that seems to be right -_-)
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Chibo, it's generally good to list town reads at least in passing, so the other players can have that information if you die. In this case, there's a double incentive, that being that there are no anti-town BUDDIES left. As such, it's good to start forming blocks of confirmed townies to weed out the scum. If I die, I'll flip town, and that will give a lot more weight to button and humble's votes - as it should be. If humble dies, that gives a lot of weight to my and buttons votes. Etc.

Chibo, I want you to claim because this day is going slower than molasses and it will a.) give us something to do, b.) give me more time to push a counter-wagon if you claim a PR and I believe it and c.) help your lynch go through so we can go to night and wake up with some more definite information.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Jase »

I'm not going to vote until we get the mod back in the game. If he doesn't show up today I'll send him a PM. Hopefully we can get this game rolling again. Anyways, I'm going to start working on my thoughts for all the players immediately after I post this.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

I'm back from my trip.

I'd like a Chibo claim ASAP too. Chibo isn't doing anything but trying to stall. I feel sorry for him because he didn't play a bad game in the beginning but, he is scum, so what are you going to do about it...

I'll read the last posts in a couple of hours and try to make that damned post I've been trying to post for a while now.

The worst thing of this game is that the mod seems to have died in the general inactivity too.

meh... I'm going to read quickly so I can give you some quick thoughts and you don't have to wait further...

Jase... EG was very scummy to me all day 1. He MAY be scum but it's not our priority right now. We need to catch the SK.

if you think hito is scum you're saying that Civil scum bussed BOTH his scumpartners... That would be bold... I don't think it happened.

I like 648, you're on the right track there.

I'm making you uneasy... :/ Sorry, It may be my excessive lurkyness and erratic contributions. I understand. You're welcome to ask me anything but I'd like you to ask for Chibo's claim along with the rest of us who are requesting it.

I <3 Hito. ;)
Chibo wrote: Hito, it's really not the best idea to talk about your strongest town reads. While it's ok to mention some things like who is fine and all, it's not good though to say strongest reads like that though sort of giving scum a target of who to take out. Scum can then take them out and leave us with a bunch of players that we're unsure about which makes mislynches easier to happen.
nothing, nothing... This is a fluff post. Nothing is definite. The important things are the reasons for eachread in context.
Chibo wrote: Why are you trying to force me to claim hito? There's still plenty much to be done. Flipping votes around and trying to get me to claim when I'm not even at L-1 with more to do seems more like rolefishing by pressuring to figure me out.
Now THAT is a lame accusation. hito is rolefishing? Come on... He asked you to claim because he intends to lynch you and he is not the only one. Button and me want that too. You don't need to be at l-1 wich is hard to get to because we have many inactive players.

I know it's frustrating but you're still NOT town. So...

Ok... I really need to go now... I promise a better post and answers to any questions you might have in a couple of hours (6-8)

PS: Chibo, CLAIM!
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Jase »

Hito: Despite that bit I said about pursuing a policy lynch and then jumping to Aran being a smooth way to bus I'm pretty sure hito is town. He held an unpopular position but defended it logically and seemed to be earnestly acting in the best interests of the town. I would have been on board for that policy lynch had I been here though, so I may be biased.

Squirrel: LURKER! Lurker lurker lurker. He's gotten better recently, but that doesn't erase the earlier posts that were almost exclusively fluff and innocuous questions. I think another good candidate for SK since he has been laying low all game. Maybe our vig could nab him? Also, I don't think he has taken a stance on much of anything.

Evil: Lots and lots of fluff. Defending 5cvm for some reason. Lurking. The only explanation I can come up with for why he would be defending 5cvm is if he knew he would flip town and thought he could get some townie points that way, or maybe he just gave into the 'nothing is as it seems' mentality and decided that 5cvm had some sort of genius plan. I think if we have a third scum he's a strong candidate (though I'm currently operating on the assumption that we've got all the scum).

Humble: Lots of content. Pretty reasonable. The way he's been attacking chibo as the SK kind of gave me the willies, it seems like a pretty drastic change in style, sounds much less reasonable, though I'm willing to contribute this change to impatience with this game. Also I agree that Chibo is probably SK so I can't get THAT down on him for it.

Xvart: Plenty of content. I've had a pretty much constant town read during my entire reading of the game.

I'll have to finish up the rest of this later. I intend to get back to it in an hour or two.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Jase »

I'm back. Here is the continuation of my list.

Button: I thought he was pretty scummy up to the point where I saw that aranfan was scum. After that not so much.

Chibo: Is probably the SK. I'd bet my bottom dollar. The following quote is from chibo (iso 14 I beleive)
1. Have you ever played as an independent role in a mafia game? If so, and it's the type of indie that wins by being the sole survivor, what did you do to try and stay alive at all costs? If you haven't been one before, if you were an indie with the win condition of being a sole survivor - what would be your basic plan of action?
Tell me that isn't a first time SK looking for advice.
Not only that but he seems to work pretty hard to keep 5cvm in the game which would be good for SK. Other than his position on 5cvm (note that he doesn't really defend him so much as advocate leaving him alone) his post are pretty uncontroversial as I'd expect from a SK. Also I want to see him claim. The only reason he isn't at L-1 is because I don't want to place my vote until the mod comes back.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Jase »

I'd like for everyone who's around to post something about me or what I've said. For example, What do you think of me? Do you see something I've said that you agree with? That you disagree with? If you disagree, Why/What is your opinion? What do you make of me asking these questions? Answer any of these questions or come up with your own comment, I don't really care. Just try to make it something that matters. If you say "Oh I'm so glad you replaced 5cvm, you're so much more helpful and also good looking" I'll vote you and NEVER STOP.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Your reads more or less mirror mine, especially button and evil. I don't really agree on a strong town read on xvart but other than that I think we're on the same wavelength here.
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

So in reverse:
Interesting thoughts on everyone, Jase, though I don't particularly care that much as something along those lines is pretty much required. And since you know, a few of those players are now gone. -.-

I like how long it took for chibo to even mention the requests for him to claim...several mentions of claiming seem to have just been ignored. I'd have liked to at least see it addressed even if it was just a simple dismissal. And honestly, I'd like to think that anti-town factions are competent enough to be able to determine which players are strong or pro-town, though I do think that the possibility of public information being manipulated by said factions should be kept in mind. But in our case, I don't think there's any harm in pointing out pro-town players. And Chibo, you're at L-2 with Jase willing to vote you later. So you're really at L-1.

Jase, mind telling me which post had weird wording that set you off? I'd like to know.

Now, there's too much content for me to confidently give reads on every player. I'll stand by the analysis I did on Xvart, assuming there's another scum. If we're SK-hunting, well, Jase's slot gets suspicion because of 5cvm's play (though I'll admit it's a longshot), EG gets suspicion for seemingly not doing anything, and I'll sit here attentively watching this Chibo thing unfold for a bit more.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Oh I'm so glad you replaced 5cvm, you're so much more helpful and also good looking, your avatar is also quite spiffy! Its alright cause I added that last part in right?

But seriously, welcome to the game Jase, thanks for dropping in and doing your best to bring this back to life. You may as well place that vote, we may be waiting quite a while for the Mod / replacments.

For a synopsis of things Buttons believes; A) No more mafia, B) Chibo is SK and C) Slow game is slow. I'd add new stuff but tbh nothing has happened since my last update that I feel I need to talk about.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Jase »

Hito: Sounds cool and froody. What do you think the towns next course of action should be?

Squirrel: Well you didn't really do what I asked, but that's ok since you did post something discussion worthy. Specifically the bit about chibo claiming (hint-hint). What do you mean by "...the possibility of public information being manipulated..."?

Also, I'll go find that post right as soon as I finish this post. Then I'm going to bed.

Button: That little bit pinned on the end only makes it slightly less not-ok. So to that effect
Super-Mega-Neverending-HoS-of the Ages: TheButtonmen

That being said I'm glad you like it. I made (part of) it myself.

So imagine if we lynch chibo today, and he flips SK, but the game doesn't end. What next?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Jase »

EBWOP: Oh I forgot to mention. I just sent out a prod to boxman.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Jase »

Squirrel: I can't find the post. I don't know which one it was and after reading your posts over it didn't have the same effect as it did the first time. :\ Whatever though, it wasn't very significant. It was based on the way you worded it. When I first saw it I thought the tone was a lot like some of the things I've written as scum, but since I didn't see it maybe it was a false positive? In any case, Good night.
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 am

Post by A_Squirrel »

@Jase: Essentially that anything that's been said both the town and scum know, but the scum have the advantage of also knowing who's who and of having a NK. So if you assume that players are going to look at the NK, try to figure out why it happened, and use it to find scum, you open up some possibilities for scum play where for example, scum can kill person A who had been pushing for person B's lynch, setting up a potential reason for B wanting A dead, if B were scum.
If that made no sense or we want to assume slightly less experienced/skilled/ballsy scum, then basically scum can use public information for stuff too (and in other ways than in conjunction with kills).
Also, if it wasn't that important, that's fine i guess. Thanks for looking though.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Jase »

What do we do if the mod had flaked? Is there somewhere we can go to get a replacement, or is the game pretty much over at that point?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 am

Post by MeMe »

I've just been informed of your missing mod situation -- I will do what I can to get hold of Boxman. He'll have at least 48 hours to get back to me before I take any further action.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

If the mod has flaked perhaps a replacement one will be found? I'm not too familiar with the modding process here on this site.
hitogoroshi wrote: Chibo, I want you to claim because this day is going slower than molasses and it will a.) give us something to do, b.) give me more time to push a counter-wagon if you claim a PR and I believe it and c.) help your lynch go through so we can go to night and wake up with some more definite information.
I suppose it would give something to talk about, but there's plenty else as well. There's no reason I should be forced to claim yet, I'm not at L-1 and our mod isn't even here keeping up with the game. If the game actually starts moving again and we can't make any other progress - then sure, I'll claim. It's not that I don't mind doing so, it's just that forcing people to when necessary isn't right imo
Jase wrote: Chibo: Is probably the SK. I'd bet my bottom dollar. The following quote is from chibo (iso 14 I beleive)
I post questions like this to learn people and get aquainted. This isn't like the other site I'm from where it's the same 30 people or so playing all of the mafia games where you can metagame and what not. I don't know any of you, I don't know your styles, I'm just getting a feeling for how you guys go about in certain situations, handle pressure, etc. A lot of the questions I asked were modeled off of similar situations that were happening in other games I was in. WHY would I ask the game I'm in advice for playing *double facepalm*
Jase wrote:I'd like for everyone who's around to post something about me or what I've said.
Your deductions are good and you're actually playing the game, but I'm not giving you any kind of special treatment. As much as I don't want to say it, you're still 5cvm's role, whatever the hell that means lol. I'm not ready to throw a parade just cause you play better than 5cvm like Buttonmen wants to do apparently.

---

Before I claim I'd prefer it if everyone else at least gets active first (mod including).

What makes people believe I'm the SK compared to mafia out of curiosity, what is making you guys separate one from another? The only SK specific thing I've seen is Jase's thing on him quoting my question from D1. Other than that though :/
Show
join game

lynch town

win
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Jase »

Was the question about how (whoever it was) would have played a sole survivor indie role based of of what was happening in other games? Perhaps you just didn't think it through when you asked somebody from this game how to play.

Do you have any opinions on what my role might be based on 5cvms "play"?

Anyways, you
WILL
claim when the game is back on track. I've got my pseudo-vote on you, and so you're at pseudoL-1. I can't really blame you for wanting to hold your claim until the mod is back since I'm doing the same with my vote (the real one). Perhaps you should Pseudo-Claim. :P

My post 648 chibo. That's another reason why I think you're SK over scum right there, and as I've said, I'm currently operating on the assumption that there are no more scum.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

You're right, by the looks of things you're still set on voting me once the mod is back.

Fine, I suppose we might as well continue to play until the mod gets back, won't hurt I suppose.

I'm claiming Vanilla Townie.

Why do you think there aren't any scum left? There's been no proof for that yet, and in a 12 person game I can't imagine there only being 2 scum.

Doctors can't typically protect themselves right? Then the use of a Mafia Doctor seems kind of awkward imo. That's only giving him one choice of someone to protect every night.

If there are 2 scum, then the Doc would have to have the ability to heal himself. Why would there be a doctor role with only one possible option of someone to heal?

We know the Doc didn't protect himself night 1 because he was nightkilled. I just can't see a doc with a single option to protect in a setup...

That means if there's only 2 scum, imo the Doc has to be able to protect himself. But that means he wouldn't have died night 1...

There has to be a third scum.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Jase wrote: Just try to make it something that matters. If you say "Oh I'm so glad you replaced 5cvm, you're so much more helpful and also good looking" I'll vote you and NEVER STOP.
TheButtonmen wrote:Oh I'm so glad you replaced 5cvm, you're so much more helpful and also good looking, your avatar is also quite spiffy! Its alright cause I added that last part in right?.
ChiboSempai wrote: I'm not ready to throw a parade just cause you play better than 5cvm like Buttonmen wants to do apparently.
ITT we learn that Chibo's not actually reading the thread, my comment was in clear reference to what he had said, the fact you didn't catch that show you didn't actually bother to read his post(s).
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

Interesting thoughts about the scum doc chibo. But theres no indication that the scum doc can only protect scum--in my mind being a scum doc is an great role in that you can play it out as a town doc, claim doc if necessary, and not have to worry about scum offing you because
you
are scum. This also means you can pull some shenanigans in an attempt to get an advantage in endgame. And honestly, the Civil kill was out of the blue for me, and may have been for Civil as well, so even if he could protect himself, he may not have felt the need to. Especially since the existence of an SK or vig hadn't been confirmed yet, though i guess upon further thought the existence of a scum doctor hints at the existence of opposing killing roles.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

If the Mafia Doc wants to do mindgames (I agree that he could likely protect anyone), why wouldn't he protect a scum on Night 1? Your reasoning for not protecting his own faction is most useful when forced to claim, which he never had to do.

Sorry I didn't pick up on that button, I've been reading but that part skipped my mind.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
A_Squirrel
A_Squirrel
Townie
A_Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by A_Squirrel »

Well, again, there's no guarantee of anti-scum killing roles, though it is hinted at (and the number is up in the air as well). And if doc can't protect himself, the point about self-protecting is moot. And while yes, it's kind of awkward to only have one scum to protect, I wanted to show that there are more possibilities to the role than just protecting scum, which may have affected number of scum. And yeah, this is entirely hypothetical.

Also, not only do we need our mod back, but we need a replacement for EG and possibly xvart, who may or may not have been prodded. =/

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”