SWN II: The Curse of the Nekomata (Game over!)

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:49 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Nul wrote:Yepyep.
Just posting to let you guys know I'm still here, but I really don't want to post that much in case the scum kills me off at night... You know, the people who talk the most and seems to be doing the most for townie gets killed off first in such a large game as this.
Hopefully I won't die because of this comment but I will be more active as the game gets smaller that is if I'm still alive by then.

With that said... Goodluck fellow townies!

No I'm kidding. If I just disappeared again, I would most likely get replaced.
To those who suspect me, can you explain in more detail than "I think his scummy, no his a newb townie, hm I'm not sure I'll go for scummy... On second thoughts newb townie, haha I just wrote all this yet I have not explained why I even suspect him lololol".

So...in other words you aren't going to comment on events so far, but you wont "dissapear" because you don't want to be replaced, and in other words you are going to active lurk until end game so you don't get killed off at night?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Parama »

wolframnhart wrote:
Nul wrote:Yepyep.
Just posting to let you guys know I'm still here, but I really don't want to post that much in case the scum kills me off at night... You know, the people who talk the most and seems to be doing the most for townie gets killed off first in such a large game as this.
Hopefully I won't die because of this comment but I will be more active as the game gets smaller that is if I'm still alive by then.

With that said... Goodluck fellow townies!

No I'm kidding. If I just disappeared again, I would most likely get replaced.
To those who suspect me, can you explain in more detail than "I think his scummy, no his a newb townie, hm I'm not sure I'll go for scummy... On second thoughts newb townie, haha I just wrote all this yet I have not explained why I even suspect him lololol".

So...in other words you aren't going to comment on events so far, but you wont "dissapear" because you don't want to be replaced, and in other words you are going to active lurk until end game so you don't get killed off at night?
I couldn't really tell if Nul was being sarcastic in the first part of his post or not. I hope he is, because otherwise that's just a stupid thing to say :/
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:51 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Amished wrote:Yeah, hell with superficialness.

Unvote
Vote: Bogre

Llama, let's turn this game around ;)
I just dont understand what he was saying there, hoped it was because I was just tired but I still dont in the morning. Either of his or your interpretations I can buy. Still like Parama lynch better though, and still hate the SD wagon
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Rifka Viveka wrote:ITT fishy attempts derail on docsyke case
QFT.
Sorry, short on time atm. Access will be better tomorrow.
FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum
Goon
FeFiFoFum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 am

Post by FeFiFoFum »

Bonjour, il est agréable de rencontrer chacun de vous. Permettez-moi de rattraper son retard sur le match.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Bogre »

Amished...wow. Your inability to comprehend is really astounding- That makes the 3rd time you have failed, and you continue in your swathe of misrepresentation. You are trying, so very desperately, to put words in my mouth that aren't true.
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
FeFiFoFum
FeFiFoFum
Goon
FeFiFoFum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:21 am

Post by FeFiFoFum »

Bogre, ferme ta bouche, vous mai être le pire joueur que j'ai jamais eu la réunion de plaisir.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Bogre »

And why is that, exactly?

Because I'm bemused that someone cannot, despite explanation, understand something, and continues to misrepresent me ?
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Amished »

Perhaps I don't understand your point because you fail to have a solid one and you're making it up as you go.

Please, tie your point together, using *all* of your posts lately to present what you really think. You don't have anything to hide, do you?
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Bogre »

Amished wrote:Perhaps I don't understand your point because you fail to have a solid one and you're making it up as you go.

Please, tie your point together, using *all* of your posts lately to present what you really think. You don't have anything to hide, do you?
You are now rationalizing your misunderstanding by trying to strawman me.

[quote="Bogre]Here is a better statement: Bogre thinks meta cases are weak, attributes scum points to Syke for claiming to play against meta (when repeating actions). Bogre got lost in the massive amounts of ink spilled, gained impression of futility of teasing out a good read at the moment, decided that Docpotter's reactions to the Syke wagon were scummy, votes Docpotte[/quote]

Can you not see how what you've posted is diametrically opposed to what I've been saying?
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Bogre »

Actually, you rationalizing is not exactly a straw man, it's more ad hominem. The straw manning is in the misrepresentation of and subsequent argument against my position.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Amished wrote:Yeah, hell with superficialness.

Unvote
Vote: Bogre

Llama, let's turn this game around ;)
I just dont understand what he was saying there, hoped it was because I was just tired but I still dont in the morning. Either of his or your interpretations I can buy. Still like Parama lynch better though, and still hate the SD wagon
I could buy into a parama lynch. Id probably reread some stuff of him before voting tho
Winter is coming.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Amished »

@Bogre: It's because you don't have a good stance to make me understand.

Either you believe in meta or you don't. If you don't, nothing that meta brings up should give town points (or at the very least less-scum points). Here's your original post:
Bogre wrote:I'm actually leaning more towards the thought that Docpotter was being easy towards mislynch, or possibly coaching Syke, in their connection.

I've been debating this for a bit: Syke's case was based on a lot of meta, but he seemed to fulfill that meta case to my thoughts that he was playing similarly to what he had done before, despite claims to the contrary. It's my opinion that it's escalation beyond the initial meta(which is meta and less worthwhile to begin with), without much reason.

Vote Docpotter
In the first paragraph, you attribute all of Doc's scumminess to coaching (which I've already explained why that doesn't make sense).

The second paragraph you go into why YOU DON'T WANT TO VOTE FOR SYKE. It has everything to do with meta (which the case I've put against him wasn't about meta, but you've ignored the multiple times I've tried to bring that up) which you don't believe in. You believe that a meta defense for Syke makes him not scum. How does him defending himself through meta clear him if you don't believe in meta?

Hell with clearing him, how would that be more pro-town than some coaching explanation (that you've never explained or pointed to in Doc's posting) if you really don't believe in meta? If you really don't believe in meta, all Syke has been doing with his defense is obfuscating his real role here by bringing up other games rather than defending his own beliefs and thoughts in this thread? Why isn't white-walling the town with pulled up defenses from other games scummier than "coaching"?

Oh, and don't forget that you thought he was playing similarly to another game; which does imply that you look at meta a bit and do take that into consideration.

But no, you defend Syke through his bringing up a meta defense and refuse to look at the non-meta aspects of a case against him.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm not misrepresenting any of that, so go ahead and just get lynched.

No, my name is not "Ed."
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

I have limited access until next Wednesday. Might periodically check the thread and reply, but don't expect anything huge out of me.

So, who are we lynching now and why?
Eek
!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Bogre (2): Amished, RichardGHP
DocPotter (10): Riceballtail, Nul, Fishythefish, SaintKerrigan, Kairyuu, Parama, sykedoc, Bogre, RayFrost, tubby216
Parama (2): dramonic, LlamaFluff
RichardGHP (2): wolframnhart, animorpherv1
sykedoc (6): Anon, DeathNote, Starbuck, FeFiFoFum, Rifka Viveka, Pomegranate
Not voting (3): My Milked Eek, xRECKONERx, DocPotter

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

dramonic replaces Sanhora.
Prods (if any) in a moment.
Everybody not V/LA or being replaced is fine for now.
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

Hello everyone. I'll read up as soon as possible.

Also, service for yall, do you want me to translate what FFFF is saying when he posts? I'm french before anything else, so really, it wouldn't be a problem (although google translate makes his sentences aggramatical:P)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Please translate... :(

The site they linked didn't work for me. Anyone have a solution for mac computers?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Mod: As soon as Kyle asked to be replaced I unvoted.

Welcome Dramonic.

Bogre. Are you ever going to answer questions?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Bogre »

Amished wrote: How does him defending himself through meta clear him if you don't believe in meta?
Okay, this seems to be the basis of your misunderstanding. Where did this come from? No where have I said that.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Bogre »

DocPotter wrote:

Welcome Dramonic.

Bogre. Are you ever going to answer questions?
Yah. Search function was down yesterday and I had to sleep before my test.
Show
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

DocPotter wrote:
Vote count fixed.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

Mod: Is it actually legal for me to translate what FFFF says, or am I passible of modkill for messing with a post restriction?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

dramonic wrote:
Mod: Is it actually legal for me to translate what FFFF says, or am I passible of modkill for messing with a post restriction?
Translating a post-restricted player's posts into English is legal.

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Amished »

Bogre wrote:I've been debating this for a bit:

Syke's case was based on a lot of meta, but he seemed to fulfill that meta case to my thoughts that he was playing similarly to what he had done before, despite claims to the contrary.

It's my opinion that it's escalation beyond the initial meta(which is meta and less worthwhile to begin with), without much reason.
This is your 604. I separated it into sentences so you can see what I'm saying (well, moreso that everyone else can see that you're scum, but whatever).

You ignore the fact that closer to when I posted, none of the case against Syke was based on meta. Unfortunately, this is probably just laziness which pisses me off more than anything cause as town it's your duty to *try*. To try to find scum, try to show that you're not scum, stuff like that.

Moving on: "Syke seemed to fulfill that meta case to my thoughts he was playing similarly to what he had done before". Your opinion is that Syke's meta was close enough to what he had played before that the case of "playing against his meta" was bunk. Now look at the contradiction that you've posted already. You opine that his meta is that of what he had before. However, you don't believe in meta "(which is meta and less worthwhile to begin with)"; so this should not be a selling point for you. However, this is your sole stated reason for not voting for Syke and voting for Doc instead.

Furthermore,
Bogre in 609 wrote: Plus, Amished, wtf are you talking about? Why would he want to replicate said meta if the case on him was that he was playing -too- his meta and that he was scum in the other game? (sic)
Apparently you believe more in meta than you stated. You thought that he was playing to the meta that he brought up; and was scum in the game? I didn't even look at any of the meta case as it's all bullshit, tbqh; so I didn't realize his role in any game that he's played in before. This could be you misunderstanding me where I meant that if Syke was aware of his meta as it appears he is, he can play to whatever meta he would like to so that he can appear whatever he wants to be.

This last paragraph here is the weakest and most irrelevant part of my attack on you, so I suggest you spend your time brooding over your earlier mistake and hopefully the rest of the townspeople (that don't replace out or ignore me attacking their scumbuddy) will vote you in the meantime.

No, my name is not "Ed."
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Just for fun:

J'aime manger des sous-vêtements.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”