Masons

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by mith »

BJ - It's an overused mechanic, and when it's done, it's not usually done that well. In Weather, you're definitely right, 4 scum together in a 12 person game (that's essentially what it was, as Cloudy's best plan was to get the scum to a win ASAP) is unbalanced.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad role in *all* games. Mods just need to be a lot more careful with it. In DP's Mafia 24 on the GL he had at least one mechanic that could point to the Godfather Mason being scum (unfortunately, the town missed it).

MGIA - BJ and Blackberry are perfectly within their rights to complain all they want. If no one ever complained about setups, moderators would never get better. Moderating is not a license to do whatever you like with no consideration for the enjoyment of the players. Moderators should definitely be very careful using roles like this.

Seol - It is very reasonable to take "you and these other two are masons" as "damn good proof" that they are in fact innocent; that's kinda the entire point of the mason role. I certainly can't fault BJ for trusting "Cloudy" in a game like that. Intrigue, we knew it was a possibility. Ditto with the Milan game mentioned above. This was kinda out of nowhere, and the setup was definitely skewed in favor of the Mafia.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:13 am

Post by mith »

Somehow the other masons did not pick up on this.
Mow was already dead at that point, and I was entertaining a certain dozy northern bint at the time. I never even saw it before I died (the next night). Bad timing.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”