Teleportation Mafia Universe TWO (TOWN WINS)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

Day 1 Vote Count
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Anon ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
DocPotter ( 3 ) Lowell Ellibereth Nicodemus
Starbuck ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 1 ) Anon
Elmo ( 0 )
fhqwhads ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) Kairyuu Elmo Starbuck
Jahudo ( 0 )
Kairyuu ( 1 ) DocPotter
Kise ( 0 )
Lowell ( 1 ) DeathRowKitty
Maelyn ( 1 ) Jahudo
Nicodemus ( 1 ) Jack
Not Voting ( 4 ) fhqwhads Kise Maelyn animorpherv1
Total ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

How was I chainsawing? I saw something that I didn't like and I said something about it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:02 am

Post by zorastermod »

DocPotter wrote:
Mod: Was the change brought on by Kairyuu before or after the role PM's were sent?
Sorry I missed this. The change to the order of actions occurred after Kairyuu PMed me but before the game began (before role PMs had be given as well).
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Nico wrote:My gut rumbles at this post. Sounds like you're endorsing quicklynching (which would likely benefit scum) but you're hesitant to take an actual stand on the issue.
I support TALK.
The quicker lynches sounded interesting, and I had to think about it. Then i got lazy and stopped caring. So yeah, you're right that I didn't want to have a stance on that.

We need moar wagon on Doc.
FLASH OF GREEN
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Kise »

So about what page does the discussion of strategy stop?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Jack »

I'm getting cabin fever here.

Unvote:nicodemus, vote:DocPotter

Let's put our cards on the table. If you are in favor of putting DocPotter at lynch-1 then vote him till he is, if not then say so explicitly.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

This is what I think probably what happened with Doc:
He comes into this game excited and all and ready to start, another fun game of scumhunting! But then lo and behold, he gets a scum pm. Doc wasn't very enthusiastic about his role because he preferred to be town, so he starts out the game following everyone into the strategy talk. His posts in that segment may seem long but the thought behind the ideas were clearly minimal and the image that is projected is that he's trying to show that he knows what hes doing when he's not. That plan failed miserably for him, so he went for his next option: scumhunting in the other universe. This way he could go on scumhunting all he wants, the way he wanted, while ignoring the world where he is scum by bestowing us with only the minimal comments.

More votes please.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Jack wrote:I'm getting cabin fever here.

Unvote:nicodemus, vote:DocPotter

Let's put our cards on the table. If you are in favor of putting DocPotter at lynch-1 then vote him till he is, if not then say so explicitly.
yesyesyesyesyes
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

[Frustrated with computer for eating two partially written posts]
fgwdasflwefjalskdfjaelf wrote:On another (semi-related) note, I don't like the Jack wagon. He's obv town.
You're at least the second person to say this (I think Elli said it earlier), but I don't get it. What makes Jack so obv-town?
DP wrote:Because clearly we are not keeping up with the partner universes.

FOS Myk
Talking to/scumhunting in the other universe - good
Not getting someone's point - bad, but null
FoSing someone for a point as stupid as this - bad and probably scummy
FoSing someone in the other universe for a point as stupid as this - very bad and definitely scummy

It's as if he just wants to look like he's scumhunting and picked something directed at our universe to respond to. The fact that he nitpicked on something this small is really a stretch, regardless of whether or not he believes it. In addition, I find it scummy that by attacking Myk over this, he's practically trying to broadcast that he's reading the other thread, which just sounds like a ploy to look good.
DP wrote:Ok, so fossing the other universe is a bit much. But if you take into account the chance that he could end up here in this one ...
Justifying what he did without being asked. He realized it looked bad. Also note that what he gave was a justification (a rationalization even) and not a valid reason.
Jack wrote:This makes sense, unvote:fhqwngads

Although I do find "we need to do this" statements are things scum like to say.
Unvoting with a disclaimer. That always sets off an alarm with me. "I'm unvoting you, but you're still very scummy!" makes it very easy to hop right back on with a vote if a bandwagon forms on that person.
Ani wrote:A first. If B is using something obvious (like your case) then B, because he's not actually scumhunting.
Not really game relevant, but it's bothering me. C is scummiest, hands down.

Anywayz,
vote: DocPotter
. Join the bandwagon!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Lowell »

Ellibereth wrote:This is what I think probably what happened with Doc:
He comes into this game excited and all and ready to start, another fun game of scumhunting! But then lo and behold, he gets a scum pm. Doc wasn't very enthusiastic about his role because he preferred to be town, so he starts out the game following everyone into the strategy talk. His posts in that segment may seem long but the thought behind the ideas were clearly minimal and the image that is projected is that he's trying to show that he knows what hes doing when he's not. That plan failed miserably for him, so he went for his next option: scumhunting in the other universe. This way he could go on scumhunting all he wants, the way he wanted, while ignoring the world where he is scum by bestowing us with only the minimal comments.

More votes please.
So, basically, exactly what I said, only stream-of-consciousness-ly. Whatever, I'm glad someone finally noticed this. The guy has been FOSing other universes for F's sake.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

DeathRowKitty wrote:What makes Jack so obv-town?
Partly gut, partly I don't see mafia-jack being so ballsy and making controversial statements as he does. My mind might change later in the game, but I think he's aggressive-town.

@Ellirebeth's 280: That's an asinine argument. I do agree with the fact that scumhunting in the other universe rather than here is something scum would do. Especially seeing as their doing a pretty good job on their own.

vote: DocPotter
bandwagon ftw!
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am

Post by DocPotter »

He comes into this game excited and all and ready to start, another fun game of scumhunting! But then lo and behold, he gets a scum pm. Doc wasn't very enthusiastic about his role because he preferred to be town ...
Elli, you know that is wrong. You know I prefer scum. You're the only one here who knows what I was like as scum.

DRK, irony. Love the irony.

Since the problem games that origanly made me decide to use an alt are over I'll let the cat out, and since I don't get mistakenly called the wrong sex anymore I decided to stay with DocPotter.

DRK, you've been on the end of me as scum. YOu tell me and everyone else am I playing that way.

Elli is lieing, and he knows he's lieing.

vote Ellibereth

Annachie ---> now Doc.
Maelyn
Maelyn
Townie
Maelyn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Maelyn »

The above post looks like...lolwhut. What's the word again? OMGUS? Letting personal venedettas into the game? If you're Annachie, how the hell was he supposed to know that?

Also good job at outing your alt before a month was up. I reeeally feel like voting for you, but I'll talk to Haylie first.

Love,
Mae
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 am

Post by DocPotter »

Mae, because Elli, and Zor, are the only people involved in this game that I had told previously that I had changed usernames.

I originally did the alt thing to play newbie games until some problem games ended. Both have ended and I like not being called a girl or a she. Especialy in the game where I had said I was a father to lots of kids. I even asked the mod in that game to post a gender correction for me as I was dead. (He didn't btw :( )
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Doc wrote:You know I prefer scum. You're the only one here who knows what I was like as scum.
Orly? I don't recall you telling me that anywhere. And yes I know the way you act as scum: scummy as hell, like now. Is a flimsy meta-defense and OMGUS really the only thing you can pull out?
FLASH OF GREEN
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Ellibereth: Did Doc tell you he was an alt of Annachie like he said? Do you remember that player from a previous game, and did that have any effect on your post 280 speculation?

Doc's vote looks like OMGUS because Elli is a strong supporter of his wagon, and it's not a good defense to say what you would do as town or scum. Actually that defense is also scummy.
Elmo wrote:Jahudo: I don't understand how being bandwagoned would help her do that, though. Do you think that, if she's town, her being bandwagoned is pro-town? I don't get it - if you don't think she's scummy, why do you want a wagon on her?
I didn't know how she/they would react, but I wanted to see those reactions to get a better read. They're starting to scumhunt now and didn't seem pressured by the votes, which looks town to me.

We've got about 5 days until deadline. I think Doc is at L-2. I'm about ready to join that wagon, but will take another look at the thread since there's time.

unvote
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Ellibereth »

jah wrote:@Ellibereth: Did Doc tell you he was an alt of Annachie like he said? Do you remember that player from a previous game, and did that have any effect on your post 280 speculation?
Yes, Played with him in 3 recent games.
It had close to no effect. If anyone else had been doing what he's been doing the post would be the same with a changed name.
FLASH OF GREEN
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Posting this in All...2 of My Games

Sick today. Keeping up with the thread, but I don't really feel like posting. I'll have plenty of extra time to post tomorrow if I feel up to it. If I don't post tomorrow, consider this an announcement of LA.

@DP
I would never have guessed you were Annachie. Just wondering, did you intentionally change your playstyle?
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Ellibereth wrote:
Doc wrote:You know I prefer scum. You're the only one here who knows what I was like as scum.
Orly? I don't recall you telling me that anywhere. And yes I know the way you act as scum: scummy as hell, like now. Is a flimsy meta-defense and OMGUS really the only thing you can pull out?
Late on the 24th (Since it was early evening on the 25th for me)
I'll even quote it for you if you like.

Is a flimsy inaacurate diatribe the best you can do to try and justify a vote on me?

Mini 901 was the game if people want to look at me as scum.

Jahudo, I told Elli I was using Doc from my old account, not that I was Ananchie from this one.

DRK, that game was the only scum game here. (There was one other that I pulled out of real early as part of the same "mess")
Much as I tried, I failed at changing my playstyle lol.

Jahudo, I'll take your count, and intent, as accurate since I'm still being rushed here.

Yet another bloody VT role. :(
If anything has diaspointed me playing here at MS, is the amount of VT roles I've gotten.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Go ahead and quote it, I don't remember it.
FLASH OF GREEN
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Had a thought in the car.
He comes into this game excited and all and ready to start, another fun game of scumhunting! But then lo and behold, he gets a
vanila town
pm. Doc wasn't very enthusiastic about his role because he preferred to be
scum
, so he starts out the game following everyone into the strategy talk.
Fixed it for you.
np.

btw, I've started using DocPotter, not that I really want to publicly let that be known until a heap of games end.
I did it to play newbies until certain games ended but decided to stay with the change.
Mainly I decided to stay with the change due to a huge run of being called a she in games I was already dead in (You're in one of them I think), even in the game I admitted to being a father in! lol.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Doc wrote: You know I prefer scum.
You still fail to show a quote where you tell me the above.
FLASH OF GREEN
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The appeal to meta thing is usually kind of scummy, but I see nothing wrong with using it as a last effort to avoid lynch.

I asked if DP had changed his playstyle because this isn't how he played as scum IIRC.

Unvote
for now. I'll take a look back at his scum meta tomorrow if I feel like reading.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Fos: DRK
FLASH OF GREEN
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by DocPotter »

DRK. I thought about trying to change playstyles. I intended too. That was before 901 started though. The game I tried in is still going I think. I failed.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Lowell »

DeathRowKitty wrote:The appeal to meta thing is usually kind of scummy, but I see nothing wrong with using it as a last effort to avoid lynch.

I asked if DP had changed his playstyle because this isn't how he played as scum IIRC.

Unvote
for now. I'll take a look back at his scum meta tomorrow if I feel like reading.
It's bizarre and alarming how fast DRK warmed to, then cooled on, the doc bandwagon. IMO DRK hasn't explained that very well, which I find very suspicious.
fos drk

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”