Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Jack:
In response to your list:
1) Which post makes you think I'm angry/frustrated/upset?
2) You seem to be working under the assumption that I'm not allowed to pay attention to more then one thing at a time. I'm not going to stop pointing out things I find scummy simply because I have a stronger scum read on someone else.
3) The case agianst me is I'm trying to get TQO railroaded, now your saying I'm ignoring that accusation and going after TQO. That makes zero sense, should I ignore a scumread because some people disagree with me?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by cruelty »

Jack wrote:Out of curiosity, how many people find Cruelty suspicious?
I do.

I'll freely admit I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. I'll lynch Zang too if that wagon picks up steam.

I just wanna lynch someone, let's do this.
the nexus of the crisis
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

TBM: You're only case on me is that you think I have changed my story and that I am lying. And yet you have zero evidence that supports this beyond twisting around my words that I've already posted and taking everything I say out of context to read "scum" to you. You haven't once thought through this game with a clear head, because your so focused on your suspicion that I am scum that even with ZERO support in terms of evidence or town backing, you still assert that I am scum.

And you're STILL using your circular logic, even to this day. Which is incredibly annoying.

TBM: You're lying.

TQO: No I'm not.

TBM: But you lied about your roleclaim.

TQO: No I didn't you misinterpreted it.

TBM: That's a lie. Liar.

TQO: Is that all you got?

TBM: Are you gonna keep on lying?

TQO: Can we lynch this guy already?

You Guys: Sure thing TQO!

At least, that would be ideal at this point.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

1. You first claimed a power role (For no reason) the second people started suspecting you.

2. You then said you could message someone who's role you didn't know.

3. Then you upgraded the claim to mason

4. You then back tracked saying;
My role doesn't directly say "Mason",
it's actually a role I've never heard about in the Wiki.
5. You claimed you were a Neighbor

This makes you a liar, Neighbor is in the Wiki, in fact there's a link to it right from the mason page you claim to have looked at.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 pm

1) I have never seen "Neighbor" as a role that you can be. And I did check the Wiki. Maybe I didn't check hard enough, but I still checked it. You're just assuming I'm lying and you refuse to accept facts.

2) I CAN message someone who's role I do not know.

3) I said Mason initially because I wasn't sure if anybody knew what a Town Neighbor was and when I looked under "Mafia Mason" it had the similar clause that my Town Neighbor PM has that says "You do not know if your partner is scum or not", hence why I was surprised when Strangercoug nailed my claim on the head.

I am not lying, and you continually saying I am lying in every single post you make is just as annoying if not moreso than me saying "I am town I am town I am town" every post that I made.

Can we please lynch this guy? All he keeps saying over and over again is the same stupid shit that I've already explained to the point of exhaustion, and calls me a liar when I explain it. He's got nothing. He's not no argument, no logic. Nothing. All he's got is plugging his ears like a little child and goes "lalalalala joo are lying! lalalalala"

Someone please hammer him and put him out of his misery.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:39 pm

EBWOP:

I am not lying, and you continually saying I am lying in every single post you make is just as annoying if not moreso than me saying "I am town I am town I am town" every post that I made. So I'm done arguing with you about it. You are scum. And every post you say from now on that says I'm a liar I will just reply back and say "I am town". Then we can go around in circles all day long until the town kills one of us (preferably you, the scum)
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

You didn't check hard enough? You mean to tell me when you used the wiki trying to find out about your role, you somehow never actually just searched for your role name?

Bullcookies.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I went on the Wiki, from the Wiki I clicked on the Flash Video that has all the roles and stuff in crappy little stick figure graphics, and not once in that Video did I see the Town Neighbor role.

I play Mafia on another forum, and they have theme games all the time with some of the most bizarre roles imaginable. Such as a vanilla townie that has a 25% chance to survive night kills, or a Double Voting Mafia role. Or a Serial Killer with a Dayvig ability AND a vengeful townie ability upon being lynched. And all of these roles have different unique names that you wouldn't find on the Wiki.

So excuse me for assuming that things could be the same here, where Mods can make up roles however they see fit and nothing has to be clean cut dry and conventional. I assumed the Town Neighbor role didn't exist, went on the Wiki and didn't find it, so I went with the next best thing and called it a Mason Variation because I didn't know if anybody else would understand what a "Town Neighbor" was.

Am I seriously going to have to explain this to you for a third time or are you going to die in peace?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@TheButtonMen: Who, other than TQO, would you peg as scum?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Zhang is my 2nd scummiest read, after that I don't have any real scummy reads, AGar and Jack posts at times strike me as odd, but nothing really pops out.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

TheButtonmen wrote:Zhang is my 2nd scummiest read, after that I don't have any real scummy reads, AGar and Jack posts at times strike me as odd, but nothing really pops out.
I'm looking for information out of you Buttonmen. The lack of new ideas (the bickering with TQO is just a re-hash of old arguments) is not inciting confidence at all. Give something, and help the town you claim to be on. At this point, Tony's PBPA is all I'm waiting for before I hammer.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:34 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

@Jack: I actually didn't find cruelty that suspicious until he went 'o fuck it im in' and voted TBM. That was really odd.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 12:

TheButtonmen - (6) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack, Zhero, Fat_Tony, cruelty
Zang - (2) - PaltryExcuse, Vivi57
The Quintastic One – (1) – TheButtonmen
Sir Cyanide - (1) - StrangerCoug

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: February 11th
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:Zhang is my 2nd scummiest read, after that I don't have any real scummy reads, AGar and Jack posts at times strike me as odd, but nothing really pops out.
I'm looking for information out of you Buttonmen. The lack of new ideas (the bickering with TQO is just a re-hash of old arguments) is not inciting confidence at all. Give something, and help the town you claim to be on. At this point, Tony's PBPA is all I'm waiting for before I hammer.
What do you feel makes me scummy? And do you belive TQO's story that when he was searching the wiki he never used the search bar?
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Zhero »

TBM wrote: And do you belive TQO's story that when he was searching the wiki he never used the search bar?
If you search the wiki for "Neighbor", it automatically redirects to the Mason page, which mentions Neighbors as a variant. They don't actually have their own page. It explains how he ended up calling it a mason variant, I guess.

Where is this leading though? Why would a scum TQO fakeclaim, out of nowhere, a role that's easy to confirm and doesn't make him town? I understand the concept of Lynch all Liars, but if the only thing he's lying about is the level of research he did on his role, what's the point?

The whole arguement feels incredibly semantic to me.
-Zhero
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

TheButtonmen wrote:What do you feel makes me scummy?
Your first few posts just read the same thing over and over. Stop talking about the roles. I agree with the sentiment, but it's not until you're attacked that I feel you perk up with a better case on TQO.
However, the final thing and most convincing for me is this. In my first game, I was scum and won. (Look at my wiki for references). Most of my game was spent giving my opinion on cases that had already started, and then after doing so it was question time. I never built a solid case until I needed to. I think your game is better than my initial one (as you built on a case Day 1) but I'm reading a similarity between the two plays as you ask questions to others but there's never really any follow-up afterwards... except when dealing with TQO. They seem like filler and your focus is undeniably on TQO and faked on others to cover up.
The only other thing that bothers me is I got AGar to elaborate on his case on you and then you completely ignore it and tell him to read the thread. It just seemed scummy as you previously never attacked a person (accusing them of not reading the thread when they obviously had by quoting you) as a defense and it just didn't make sense in my mind.
And most recently, you attack TQO some more... but what I'm looking for was reasonable suspicion on anyone else in the game with some backing. I think at this point, town should have more than 2 suspects with a semblence of reasoning. Your accusation that you don't like something in AGar's and Jack's posting is vague and it's hard to tell if you believe they have a more likely possibility than the rest of us they could be. The fact that you're not going down fighting by getting all your thoughts out tells me that you don't want to build connections to possible scum-partners.
You're not my strongest scum read (that's still Zang), but you're definitely up there.

Tl;dr:
A) You didn't start building a case until you were attacked.
B) Your play reminds me of my own scum play.
C) You ignored a post and gave a weak defense.
D) You seem hesitant to name anyone outside of TQO & Zang as possible scum.
TheButtonmen wrote:And do you belive TQO's story that when he was searching the wiki he never used the search bar?
Yeah. Do I find TQO scummy nonetheless? Yes. As he and many others have said, he's new he's new he's new. He recovered nicely with his wall post, but really having the fact he's new crammed down my throat so often and so early, and the uncalled-for roleclaim, still irk me.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
A) False
B) Okay? Not sure how to respond to that.
C) You say I ignored a post, which means you have a specfic one in mind?
D) You think its scummy that I only find two people scummy D1? That doesn't make a lick of sense.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

TheButtonmen wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:
A) False
B) Okay? Not sure how to respond to that.
C) You say I ignored a post, which means you have a specfic one in mind?
D) You think its scummy that I only find two people scummy D1? That doesn't make a lick of sense.
A) That's a matter of opinion. Obviously you'd disagree. But until that point, it's seem
B) Two choices: read my game and compare, or take my word for it and call yourself scummy. Either way, do you feel like you follow up on the questions you ask people?
C) You ask for a case, and AGar had already given one. It's not that strong, but you seemed to have missed it.
AGar wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@AGar: Why do you feel TheButtonMen has stifled conversation?
Posts like these:
TheButtonmen wrote:Can we stop trying to figure out who the cop is?
TheButtonmen wrote:
The Quintastic One

Let's not discuss sanities and try to get people to speculate on roles quite yet eh?
There's a few others that read as if he's trying to push people along and stifle people from talking, but that's just my personal opinion.
And the fact that it was ignored at the time as well as your uber-tunneling makes it scummy and the case a good one.
D) I am surprised you only find 2 people scummy. With 12 people in this game, NO ONE else has done anything worth a second look? No one? The hesitance to name someone or some action seems as though you don't want to pinpoint anyone. Why is Zang scummy? What about AGar's and Jack's posts bother you? Now is the time to go back and look.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

While I can still go for a The Quintastic One lynch, I do not have good reason to believe that he and SIR CYANIDE are the same alignment. I remember SCyan as having a perfectly decent case on TQO until he resorted to just wanting him lynched for being useless. SCyan's stance on AGar vs. Vivi is funny, too. While it's possible that SCyan was trying to bus TQO, I'm having a hard time thinking of a scum motive as to how SCyan would relent like he did if that's the case.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Zang »

Ok, I'm back. Sorry about that but I was sick. Going to go read and I will be able topost something good tommorow
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:While I can still go for a The Quintastic One lynch, I do not have good reason to believe that he and SIR CYANIDE are the same alignment.
We could both be town. You mean 'that both of them are scum'.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm

A TQO & Cy scumteam only works if I'm confirmed scum. Because if I were to get lynched and come up town, then that pretty much throws away the entire argument that Cy was trying to bus me.

But it's a circular argument. Because if we're both scum, then my lynch coming up town would technically by your logic say that Cy must be scum. But if I were to be scum, then Cy would still be considered scum who bussed me. So either way this seems like a gambit to say that Sir Cyanide is scum no matter what happens. Which makes sense coming from you since your vote is on him. lol.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

EBWOP:
A) That's a matter of opinion. Obviously you'd disagree. But until that point, it's seem
s to me as if you hadn't.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by AGar »

I'll catch up on this tomorrow night. Kinda busy atm.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

Oh c'mon guys, let's have someone hammer and we can get into the fun part of the game.

I hate day 1 and I'm over it.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”