Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

pman5595 Post 448 wrote:Anyway. This is probably over-speculation, but the role most likely to be replaced iis probably a vanilla townie. As it is the hardest role to "get in to" IMO. Add that to my mostly town read on budja and I don't think Fate is scum. Wickedestjr, however, is the person that needs to be looked at for fluff and waffling.
This is a stretch. Different players react to different roles and a lot of people like to draw VT. It looks like that player slot just drew two flaky players back to back. Can you explain how you got a town read on Bujda? He did next to nothing when he was here.

I don't see an issue with Fate's entrance. Would be nice if he explained his reads a little more, but I agree with his vote on Pman.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Leaf wrote:He's fine with going through attacks on him point by point, but doesn't seem to be making any of his own.
I've made my case against pman. Also, defending myself has consumed most of my online time.

Leaf wrote:[quote"Wicked"]1b: From memory, Leaf actually defended himself to my satisfaction before I got a town read on Kitten.
This is not true. You continued to push me over the night talk rules quite a while after you changed your vote away from me. The reason you gave was
Wicked wrote:I am not as suspicious of Leaf as I was before because I don't see Kitten and Leaf being partners and I think Kitten is more suspicious, but I would still like responses to my questions from Leaf.
Implying that you still thought I was scummy, but that Kitten was scummier, and I wasn't going to be her partner. It had nothing to do with my defending myself.[/quote]

What? I found you less scummy when Kitten voted you, but then you eventually defended yourself to my satisfaction. (That was when I stopped questioning the issue.) After that, Kitten convinced me she was town.

Leaf wrote:I also really don't like the way Wick is answering questions with questions and mildly counterattacking the asker.
Why?

Leaf wrote:Also, asking for the exact place to defend yourself is pretty scummy.
What?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am

Post by pman5595 »

Thesp wrote:
pman5595 wrote:I wasn't going to respond to this, because it is the same stuff that was in his other case repeated. But he "blackmailed" me :)
How concerned are you about the purported "blackmail" of someone you think is scum?
I'm not concerned about him and his views, but if he keeps bringing it up, other people might believe him.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Ythill »

I agree with the people complaining about pman's speculation. I think it's true that VT's are more likely to flake, but not by enough that it sends a clear signal. Also, I think the timing of the flake-out can sometimes be indicitive of scum, but that the timing in these instances was null.
Fate wrote:@Ythill: My read isn't that scum are sitting back and doing nothing. It is just that they are being very "unproductive."
OIC. What you said was, "My read in this game is that the scum are sitting back and letting town lynch themselves." I might have taken you too literally but I'm going to keep this discrepeancy in mind.
IIoA noted. I wasn't going to jump on my own bandwagon, and I don't think wicked is scum. If the votals are right, Pman's wagon is only 2 votes right now, but it was the best option out of all those I suspected.
Fair enough. Tangential question: what does the extra "I" mean in IIoA?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Ythill wrote:Tangential question: what does the extra "I" mean in IIoA?
really off topic here, but I read that as tan genital question. But I was wondering the same thing
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Oman »

Just here to say: "hehe tanned genitals".

Other than that I have little to add to this latest round.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by Ythill »

pman wrote:I read that as tan genital question
Tan genital question: do you want to go to the nude beach? :P

Oman, why no vote on Wick?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Vote Count as of post 456

Wickedestjr (4): pman5595, Ythill, Leafsnail, CrashTextDummie
Moriarty147 (2): Sotty7, Oman
pman5595 (2): Wickedestjr, Fate
Fate (1): Thesp
Oman (1): Moriarty147

Not Voting:

With 10 Players, a majority of 6 is needed for a lynch. The deadline is 2pm, 11th of February 2010 (GMT).

Less genital talk please. I love banter as much as anyone, but keep it clean lads.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Thesp »

This close to a deadline, no sense in my vote being all lonesome. I will gladly move it back to Fate if there's a possibility of a wagon there.

Unvote: Fate, Vote: pman5595.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Deadline is a week away Thesp. There is still plenty of time to push your number one.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Ythill wrote:
Wick wrote:After seeing Kitten's comment, I realized I found her scummier, and realized I was wrong about Leaf. Not once did I suspect both of them.
Wick wrote:This was because I wasn't going to just let Leaf off the hook because I found a new suspect.
???
Oh. Sorry. The first quote should be "...and realized I might be wrong about Leaf."

...But I would have still wanted him to defend against the accusation even if I thought he was the towniest person in the game. There's no reason for him not to.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Leaf wrote:
Wicked wrote:My very first suspicion in the game was Leaf because of a possible Leaf and Ellibereth connection. Sure I thought the points had merit, but 4 pages in the game, that wasn't a case I wasn't going to stick with forever unless nobody seemed scummier, or Leaf reacted strangely. However, the opposites of those two things occured. I got a new suspect (Kitten) and Leaf didn't react strangely to the accusation. It took him a day or two I think it was to convince me, but I eventually thought he was town based on his response.
I've already shown you that this isn't true. And you've ignored it. You voted Kitten because you thought she was scum and that made me town. And you continued to press me anyway. This segment is an outright lie.
Where exactly am I lying? Just because I think you are town doesn't mean I am supposed to let you off the hook. People make mistakes.

Leaf wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Another reason I voted him was to see how he would react so I could figure out if he was town or scum. I thought he was town and also thought Ellibereth was town based on his behavior later in the game. Kitten seemed scummier with her strange reasons for voting Leaf. I voted her for these reasons. She defended herself to my satisfaction.
1: Where? 2: And why did you chase her all the way to L-1?
1: What is this in reference too?

2: I didn't chase her to L-1. I was one of the first few people to vote her. :roll:

Wickedestjr wrote:I have to say though that the day was cut short for me. I usually need about 20 pages at least to get a decent idea of who the scum were. That is why my suspects changed a lot day 1 and it is my town meta to do that. I can show you several games to prove it.
Meta based defence is null - any decent player can manipulate their town meta, especially if they are the one to bring it up. What is scummy is that you're trying to use it as a shield.[/quote]

This doesn't make sense. Let's say that there was a player who always lurked regardless of their allignment. Why would lurking in a game where their allignment was unknown mean that they were scum?
-Wickedestjr
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Sotty7 wrote:Deadline is a week away Thesp. There is still plenty of time to push your number one.
So we should wait a week? I've been pushing for two weeks and haven't gotten any traction. I'd rather push for our claims/lynch now, and I don't want to be pushed up against the deadline doing it.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Ythill »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Ythill wrote:
Wick wrote:After seeing Kitten's comment, I realized I found her scummier, and realized I was wrong about Leaf. Not once did I suspect both of them.
Wick wrote:This was because I wasn't going to just let Leaf off the hook because I found a new suspect.
???
Oh. Sorry. The first quote should be "...and realized I might be wrong about Leaf."

...But I would have still wanted him to defend against the accusation even if I thought he was the towniest person in the game. There's no reason for him not to.
:roll: What should "not once did I suspect both of them" have been?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Leafsnail »

All quotes are from wick.
Why?
What?
I hope you're joking. That'd make you the funniest person here.
If you thought I was so townie... why push it so much?
1: What is this in reference too?
Where did she defend herself to your satisfaction?
2: I didn't chase her to L-1. I was one of the first few people to vote her. Rolling Eyes
But you stayed on her right until L-1.
This doesn't make sense. Let's say that there was a player who always lurked regardless of their allignment. Why would lurking in a game where their allignment was unknown mean that they were scum?
You were using it as a defence. Not as a null.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Oman »

Oh Ythill I thought I had, thats my mistake.

Of course, with 4 votes on him I'd expect more of a climb were he town (due to mafia trying to push the lynch) I know that is pretty archaic reasoning, and has fallen out of favour, but I find it moderately accurate.

Unvote Vote Wicked
Claim please.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Ythill »

Heh. My other game is over so this one gets my full attention for now. Replaced into that one as VT in LYLO, won before endgame. :)

Anyway, seconding the claim request...
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Fate »

Thesp wrote:This close to a deadline, no sense in my vote being all lonesome. I will gladly move it back to Fate if there's a possibility of a wagon there.

So we should wait a week? I've been pushing for two weeks and haven't gotten any traction. I'd rather push for our claims/lynch now, and I don't want to be pushed up against the deadline doing it.
The last two posts from Thesp make me *raise eyebrows*

I think your vote on me was back when Budja was still around. Either way, it didn't seem like it was going to stick, so you switched wagons.

Why didn't you put Wicked at L-1? Especially if you want to push for claims? As I see it right now, the only reason you voted pman was because he had more votes on him.

Unvote

Vote: Thesp

I haven't liked your posts all game, and this seals it for me.

*Further actions pending Wicked's claim*
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by Fate »

Edit to clarify:
Why didn't you put Wicked at L-1? Especially if you want to push for claims?

As I see it right now, the only reason you voted pman was because he had more votes on him.
Should read as two different thoughts. The first parts are questions, the second part is "the reason you voted pman was baseless" NOT "the reason you voted pman instead of wicked is because pman had more votes" In which the latter is false.

Sorry to confuse.

@Ythil: IIoA=Information instead of analysis. Maybe I have the acronym wrong.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by Ythill »

Fate, once Wick claims, I'd be open to hearing more detail about what's bothering you about Thesp. He doesn't seem scummy to me but a fair number of people are twigging on him.
Fate wrote:IIoA=Information instead of analysis. Maybe I have the acronym wrong.
Meh. It's IoA (Information over Analysis) on the wiki. Leaf said the same thing about me, but it's null. In my first games I posted a lot of analysis but my posts were too long and bad for sig:noise so I trimmed them down across my meta. If you've got an honest question about how I reached a conclusion (rather than circle-questioning like Leaf), I'll answer it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
Thesp wrote:This close to a deadline, no sense in my vote being all lonesome. I will gladly move it back to Fate if there's a possibility of a wagon there.

The last two posts from Thesp make me *raise eyebrows*

I think your vote on me was back when Budja was still around. Either way, it didn't seem like it was going to stick, so you switched wagons.

Why didn't you put Wicked at L-1? Especially if you want to push for claims? As I see it right now, the only reason you voted pman was because he had more votes on him.
Nice deflection of the pman5595 wagon. I'm quite happy with my vote on either of pman5595 or Fate.

I'm not a fan of the wickedestjr wagon, but I don't want to see stalling for a claim with him now at L-1.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Fate »

Thesp wrote:Nice deflection of the pman5595 wagon. I'm quite happy with my vote on either of pman5595 or Fate.
So are you suggesting I voted pman, and I am now deflecting off him? How about you respond to the other points in my post?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Thesp »

Fate wrote:
Thesp wrote:Nice deflection of the pman5595 wagon. I'm quite happy with my vote on either of pman5595 or Fate.
So are you suggesting I voted pman, and I am now deflecting off him? How about you respond to the other points in my post?
Yes. He emerged as a conceivably viable second candidate, and you move off him to a single-vote, leaving Wickedestjr as the only person with more than 2 votes. Yeah, that's a significant deflection.

Also, there were other points in your post? What is it you want me to address? Why I didn't vote for Wickedestjr? (I thought I made it clear that there were others I preferred to lynch. Did I not convey this?)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Fate »

Thesp wrote:
Ythill wrote:I'm going to wait on Mori for awhile but, if the Wick wagon grows, y'all can expect me to jump on.
If it's between either of them, I'd vote on Wickedestjr, but I'm not convinced it needs to be between the two of them.
Mod, can we get a prod on Budja?
We seem unwilling to give attention to people who aren't posting.
^No, I guess you didn't make it clear, because in this post it seems like you are willing to vote Wicked. Add that to the fact that the "point" I brought up that you should've explained was your dissonance between "close to the deadline, let's push for claims lynch." and not voting Wicked, who you said before you're willing to vote for, to put him at L-1.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Post by Oman »

:( I made a banner for wicked but I lost it.

It said "Come play with us, we're not that mean!"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”