Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 1 ) Rhinox
DrippingGoofball ( 4 ) mykonian Albert B. Rampage popsofctown farside22
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 2 ) Raskol elvis_knits
mykonian ( 3 ) flareonage plum DrippingGoofball
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) gayle
Raskol ( 3 ) evilsnail ojanen fishythefish
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) CSL
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

Touchiness: I was going to quote like 20 posts of hers but it got ridiculous so I just erased it and was going to write "Everywhere" but I forgot lol
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Touchiness is not a scum tell. It's subject to too much WIFOM. If you attack someone for no reason and they get pissed, then you can go "OMG you're touchy! Must be scum!!"
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:25 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Touchiness is not a scum tell. It's subject to too much WIFOM. If you attack someone for no reason and they get pissed, then you can go "OMG you're touchy! Must be scum!!"
This is true. I get very touchy about certain players and how they act.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 am

You are not dgb.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ABR, come up with some reasons that are not based in meta or WIFOM.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:55 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:ABR, come up with some reasons that are not based in meta or WIFOM.
Since DGB goes off of meta with some players is this really fair to be biased on others that do the same.
The WIFOM is granted.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:ABR, come up with some reasons that are not based in meta or WIFOM.
Since DGB goes off of meta with some players is this really fair to be biased on others that do the same.
The WIFOM is granted.
I think meta can be a jumping off point or supporting evidence, but it shouldn't be the whole case on anybody. I don't think dgb relies on it totally. Maybe when she calls someone town, but if they say something she finds scummy, she discounts the meta. As long as meta isn't used rigidly, I'm fine with it.
Talk nerdy to me.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 am

DGB relies totally on it.

I don't. I know how she plays as scum.

Lynch DGB.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:27 am

elvis_knits why are you accusing me again?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

elvis_knits wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Same old yarn ball as always.

I am not particularly difficult to convince people to vote for, contrary to what DGB is implying. And I'm a great scumpartner. I think the last two times ended in a perfect scum win. As town I generally get into the game very slowly...and it becomes more apparent as the days pass whether I'm mafia or not.

Elvis knits is basically looking for any kind of reason to OMGUS right now, so that's who I would vote if I were you guys.

And if you're sitll voting for me...SO WHAT! I'm still a rock star! Nananananana-naaa
Considering you had no reason to vote me... it would be entirely appropriate for me to vote you for that crap move. However, I'm more voting you for your lack of scum hunting in general, a failure of yours that continues.
Talk nerdy to me.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:00 am

Already caught 1 scum, dear.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by mykonian »

DrippingGoofball wrote:No.

I thought it was obvious, but I guess I'm going to have to spell it out.

I'm voting Mykonian for the following reasons:

(1) THE QUESTION. If players would have answered the question, it would have made it easier for the scum to frame townies on fake nonsense than to help town find scum.
the answer has not one time been used that way, and since the argument would be largely determined by WIFOM, this is a seriously weak argument.

(2) THE SCUM SLIP. Farside - you know how much credence to ascribe to "slips" and I am no stranger to the notion that they are pretty worthless tells. However, mykonian was, on the face of it, perhaps the hugest slip I've ever seen. Is the hugest slip I've ever seen that much of a scumtell? No. It's a pretty lame scum tell. What is scummy here is that despite his own cartwheels to try to pry himself out of the jaws of his own slip, he says that HIS "slip" is a mere "incorrect sentence." However, his absolutely ridiculous interpretation of my justified refusal to answer his question about scumtells as a slip is still considered, by Mykonian The King of Scumlips, a much bigger scumlips than his own, because I show that I "have no interest in making the town play better." Which, given how much content I post and how solidly I am involved in the game, should be dismissed out of hand. THAT is scummy. Ignoring his own mega-slip, but stubbornly hanging on to the fake slip he's trying to put on me.
so your point is that I found a slip in your play! You should have told that was the problem, dear. Very well, lets explain what I was saying. There are 3 ways a slip gets created. 1 is the scum-explanation. 2 is the mistake from a towny. 3 is the misreading of a statement. I claim 2 has happened, you claim 3. Which makes that in your case, you claim that the sentence you typed was correct. That way it can be analyzed what you are saying with it.

In my case, I showed what the post should have been, so that could be analyzed too, and the post makes sense that way. It is a mistake (which could have gotten there because my mind was with scumplay). This is the difference I claim there.

(3) THE GUT. He's pushing, pulling back, pushing, pulling back. I'm more sensitive to the comments directed at me, so those are the ones I will use. Have you noticed how he defends me, then paints me as scum, then defends me again, then paints me as scum again. That's typical scum bracing himself for pushing a mislynch while diminishing his own responsibility in the deed.
I think I have done much more defending of myself against you then defending you. It might have been in the start of the game that I then thought you town, then scum. But I have no idea how that is in any way scummy. In case you think this really serious, could you quote some pieces?

(4) THE ABR INTERACTION. These two chat in a QT. Mykonian defends ABR in such a way that he shows that he knows stuff that could conly come from ABR. However, they are not masons, therefore, they are scum. What reason is there to defend ABR who hasn't done an iota of scumhunting (which according to mykonian is my fault), is totally not paying attention to the game, and is active lurking after being called out on regular old-fashioned lurking?
Could only come from ABR? I showed how I read the thread, where my thoughts came from. Elvis told even told me I was too paranoid and it wasn't really there. Further, from the start, I have continiously said one of you two. Nothing about ABR in special, and that would in no way stop anyone from voting, or lynching, since the teleportation happens after the lynch. But suddenly I'm the evil defending person.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also I demand an apology from Mykonian for suggesting that I'm out here to intimidate ABR (of all people) and inhibit his scumhunting while he tells me to "Shut up and die." If anyone here is pursuing a personal agenda, it is ABR, not me. Furthermore, ABR once replaced out immediately as I replaced into a game he was in. I point out that I am not mirroring his behavior in this game. I'm perfectly able to keep issues like these out of the way and not let them cloud my judgment. I don't think the same can be said of your scumbuddy.
I have not said it was concious, I just assumed that I thought you didn't work well together, that this could get your focus wrong, could make someone to avoid the other, etc. I don't care who of you two the bull is, and who the red cloth, but this makes a mess of the game, and is in no way constructive.

Seen this post it has an effect on you. You dislike it very much. That is all I want to avoid, k?

But I apologize. If elvis is correct and I caused this, then I'm truly sorry. I hoped to prevent drama. But seriously, if one of you two is doing this as a strategy, I think this went too far.

DGB's argument that fishy is scum for answering that question is WRONG. Look at that answer, and tell me. Is this scum trying to hide or manipulate, or is this someone truthfully analyzing his own play and telling us? Fishy is town for exactly that post.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

God help me I think I want to vote myko now.

Myko you critisized me for what I said about how I am as scum but praise fishy for saying how he is as scum and town and call him town for that post?
Seriously I read it as lots of back and forth with no meat on his true tell.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by mykonian »

I absolutely don't like how fast Fishy went from town to scum on DGB's list. Esspecially since it is on evidence that was already there. It mostly seems to be because DGB feels the need to be consistent with her "everyone who answers the question is scum".

Trying to be consistent = scum. Esspecially for DGB who seems to be never bother by it.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by mykonian »

EBWOP: who seems never to be bothered with it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by farside22 »

mykonian wrote:I absolutely don't like how fast Fishy went from town to scum on DGB's list. Esspecially since it is on evidence that was already there. It mostly seems to be because DGB feels the need to be consistent with her "everyone who answers the question is scum".

Trying to be consistent = scum. Esspecially for DGB who seems to be never bother by it.
That's not my point at all. I'm talking about fishy not DGB
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

MYKO, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!11

(Just kidding).
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

popsofctown needs to post
Talk nerdy to me.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

about what?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by mykonian »

I hadn't seen this post.
farside22 wrote:God help me I think I want to vote myko now.

Myko you critisized me for what I said about how I am as scum but praise fishy for saying how he is as scum and town and call him town for that post?
Seriously I read it as lots of back and forth with no meat on his true tell.
yes I did. I found Fishy's post to look very truthful, while I had my doubts about yours (as posted there). Look at my reasoning there, and you'll see why I thought that your answer could have been made by scum (generalities, mostly, I thought. (I bus often, I hop onto wagons when not interested.)

compare this to: I tend to get more logical as scum, by fishy. Yours is about actions, as scum easily avoidable. Fishy's is a playstyle thing. If he was scum, he would have to work to stay away from it. You just had to make sure you wouldn't bus, and you wouldn't bandwagon, both easily avoidable. Fishy's answer would have made his scumplay quite difficult, yours, not so much. This was something that made Fishy town in my opinion.

I hope this explains the difference. And I didn't post this, since it is normally not-done to make arguments why someone is town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Fishy scum tells wrote:
Internally, I worry like fuck about nearly every post I write. I imagine, and often believe, that in this post I'm dropping some massive cast-iron scumtell, and will be lynched immediately
. Externally, I think (hope, pray) that it's rather more subtle.
As scum, I put more emphasis on cold hard logic, and less on gut feeling.
I tend to think about pairings more.
On the one occasion I've actually had a scumpartner, I bussed him hugely
(but this, I think, was largely due to circumstance).
farside scum tells wrote:idk I range with being quiet, lurky to talkative depending on the game.
I do bus my scum partner on many occasions I can think of.
I think I jump on cases just with a me too kind of post at times if I feel lost in a game and I don't know where else to go.
I notice I don't try to motivate a game and I purposly miss things that are scum tells from my partner if I think they are safe from a lynch or being voted on
Obviously my scum tell is on a wide range because acting the same in a game means people know you to be scum and use that meta against you
So in bold I found comman things that fishy and I brought up in regards to what we do or feel when scum.
underlined is what is just more of a feel that players have on themselves.
In other words I'm not see much of a difference. I was more quiet, lurky to talkative which if you see me as scum any time soon you would see as fact.
DGB will tell you how hard I will bus my scum partner this is no joke here.
Saying it's comman scum tell when even fishy says the same thing is BS.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by mykonian »

Farside, I have trouble to hunt scum based on meta anyway. I personally can't use the tells that are given anyway. The idea is to see how exactly someone answers, which could be a good way to start an investigation.

So I don't need to confirm anything if the answers are actually true. I need for example Raskol's no answer, Your, lets face it, reluctant (but as in the reaction, it was the first = pluspoints) answer etc.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

mykonian wrote:Farside, I have trouble to hunt scum based on meta anyway. I personally can't use the tells that are given anyway. The idea is to see how exactly someone answers, which could be a good way to start an investigation.

So I don't need to confirm anything if the answers are actually true. I need for example Raskol's no answer, Your, lets face it, reluctant (but as in the reaction, it was the first = pluspoints) answer etc.
Way to do the back stroke.

God who the hell is town again?

OJ where are you!!!!!!????
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by mykonian »

Farside, I have said this earlier too, in the argument with rhinox, what information I expected from this question. But since you don't actually read the thread very well, your game stays nice and interesting. Something new every post, right?

And as you could see, I have directly analysed the answers. I have not done anything with the tells themselves. So I'm saying the truth, and I have no idea how you want to make that scummy.

Maybe you expected more, but that is what I have done. You ask me to confirm you are not lying about your tells, and I honestly don't care. I don't expect you to lie, as scum or as town, as you would be caught. I am looking if you are having trouble telling the truth or not.

How hard is this to understand?

And if you really want to vote me, don't waste my time by setting me up. I have nothing to hide. Just say it is because of the slip and they'll be happy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

okay lets go over your "scum tells"
It has been some time that I was scum. During my games a scum I now know I was easy to catch, but people haven't allways found out how. I used to fakeclaim pretty well, but exactly the care with which breadcrumbs were placed showed that I was scum. Also, the use of PBPA to attack someone was something I used to reduce pressure on myself, and sadly, with some succes. Although people have never caught this, I used to manipulate peoples stances gradually, which resulted in some interesting discussions Smile The reason people went after me mostly was staying of the lynch-bandwagon, and sometimes arguing against it. But I have seen people lynch me for that regardless of my role Smile
fake claiming doesn't matter too much in this game.
The PBPA thing excuses you from not doing it in this game.
vote wise:
DrippingGoofball ( 4 ) mykonian, Albert B. Rampage, popsofctown, farside22.
You were the firs to vote but I saw you do a slight defense of DGB in saying she is a gut player. So do you know what DGB play is as a general rule? Have you played with DGB at all?

Also you missed my point about fishy and my claim.
Are comments are pretty similar in idea's so I don't see a difference. You want to use those quotes I brought up to show what difference you are talking about.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”