899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ellibereth wrote:I don't care about his meta anymore, it's equally likely Albert does what he does as town or as scum. And I think that's the largest wagon that is not one of the two above mentioned people, but I'm too lazy to check.
So...you're literally and transparently voting Albert just because he's the biggest wagon. Do I have that right?

EBWOP: Forgot about your implicit PoE, I guess.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Mina »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:If you link to your question, I shall endevour to answer
I am not avoiding them see
I have never been afraid of answering anything
I have nothing to hide I am free.
We need a *headdesk* emoticon on this board.

I. Linked. To. My. Questions.

Here.

Here.

Here.

HERE!

My God, are you doing this on purpose? It's like a goddamn cycle.

Me: MM, here are questions.
MM: *disappears*
Everyone: Whatever happened to MM?
MM: There's nothing to comment on. I still think Kpaca is scummy.
Me: MM, answer my questions.
MM: What questions?
Me: These questions.
MM: There's nothing to comment on. I still think kpaca is scummy.
Me: MM, answer my questions.
Me: These questions.
MM: There's nothing to comment on. I still think kpaca is scummy.
Me: MM, answer my questions?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Mina wrote:Okay. Homework. I understand if you don't want to rhyme your explanations, but at the very least, provide quotes showing:

-where kpaca has gone after an easy target.
-where kpaca has avoided rustling feathers (if anything, he's coming across as quite abrasive so far)

Also:
-why you think kpaca asking about other players' game histories is scummy?

Your post isn't substantiating any of your arguments. It sounds like you're just writing a laundry list of suspicious behaviour and pinning them on a popular group target.
------------
Kpaca wrote:Oh, well in that case you can bet that I won't let early game lurking slide either.

I won't lynch someone solely for lurking, but I won't allow lurkers to slip by either.
-------------

Kpaca is a hypocrite
he does a 180 here
He says he is against lurking
and then goes for a beer.

Then after the replacement
his replacement asks me to claim
when my votes are not numerous
to require me to reveal my name.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Mina »

^MM, I'll admit that kpaca's behaviour was
weird
(TBH, I was mentally preparing myself to eat crow at the end of the day), but that doesn't answer my questions. Your original reasons for suspecting kpaca didn't pass muster. Why did you think kpaca "was going after an easy target" and "avoiding ruffling feathers"?

Grimmy: do you have replacements for ABR and RF yet? Also, is the deadline still Friday?

Right now, I'd be happy with a MonkeyMan576 lynch. But I don't know how many votes are on him, and Mordy is now my top suspect. Might as well see if anyone's open to a switch.

Vote: MordyS

I feel kind of guilty for this vote, because Mordy isn't the most
antitown
player out there. But at least I can buy that my problems with my other suspects are playstyle-related. This is light-years away from Mordy's town meta. It's unfair to penalize him for having played well in another game, but such is life.

-----
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Mina was way to quick to switch on ABR
What do you mean by "way too quick to switch"? Several people--Iecerint, Jazzmyn, Sociopath--jumped to vote ABR after his quickhammer. Because his quickhammer was antitown as hell. You apparently thought so too, because you announced that you were certain one of Sanhora and ABR was scum. I don't get what you mean by "way too quick to switch." If anything, your turnabout was the one that came completely out of nowhere.

But at the risk of sounding wishy-washy, I'll admit I'm wavering on ABR. Based on the cold, hard facts--not contributing, dodging questions, quickhammering before a claim, replacing out--he looks pretty bad. But my gut says his behaviour doesn't quite fit as scum. Like I said to Mordy, he doesn't seem to worry about how he's perceived. He's very in-your-face about his unhelpfulness. Given that disinterest in our opinion, I don't think he'd have replaced out so as not to get heat for his quickhammer.

-----
I don't like Sanhora's rush to claim
It's a presumption of guilt that is not true
If he claimed first I might be more willing
But I doubt that this is something that he would do.
You know what I'm thinking? That Sanhora has extra information, and he's trying to trap you in a lie. And you're afraid of slipping and giving yourself away.

-----
He admits he finds pretty much every player scummy there.
Mina has been everywhere
as if everyone is scummy but him
(OT: How many hims named "Mina" do you know? :P)

I don't think anyone can deny that there's a lot of suspicious behaviour in this game, but I'd just like to address this.

I've picked up a bad habit in my last couple of games of latching onto the first player to do something I think is suspicious and tunneling hard on him. My other game on this site, I convinced myself by page 4 that a townie was scum, then hammered away at him for the rest of the day until he was lynched.

This game, I'm making a very conscious decision to keep an open mind and put pressure on people who aren't in the spotlight. That's why even though you gave weak answers to my questions early on in the game, I decided to unvote and go after DragonsofSummer instead. I'm trying not to lock myself into a long 1 v 1 battle.

So no, I don't think EVERYONE is scum. But it's Day One, and there's no point limiting myself to one or two suspects. Right now, my goal is to provoke as many people and get as much information as possible. So I'm calling attention to every small thing I see to get reactions. And I'd say in my defence that I'm making a lot of enemies by playing like this, so it's much better play as town than as scum.

-----

But if you want focus...fine. Here are my current suspect tiers.

Tier 1:
MordyS, MonkeyMan576
Tier 2:
DragonsofSummer, Albert B. Rampage, RayFrost
Tier 3:
Jazzmyn, Sociopath
Tier 4:
Ellibereth
Tier 5:
Iecerint, Gerhard Krause
Tier 6:
Sanhora

Tiers 2-4 are in a state of flux now. MonkeyMan and MordyS, I'd be very interested in seeing similar rankings from you. Feel free to leave off the bottom two tiers if you're afraid of helping the scum out with their NK. :roll:
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: Whoops, forgot.

Unvote

Ellibereth, if you had no problem voting kpaca, why do you oppose a Sanhora lynch for mysterious role-related reasons?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think it's fair that, now that the game has gone on for awhile, Mordy is not quite as active or helpful as he's been in some other games I've played with him. Still, my bias is to lynch MM over Mordy -- mostly for the reasons in my vote post and just before.

Is nice to hear people on either wagon communicate willingness to switch, though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Ooh, nice catch on Ell --
Ellibereth wrote:I won't be backing either a Monkey or San lynch today. You're not getting reasons out of me right now so don't ask.
I don't need reasons per se, but I would certainly like a framework that keeps San-not-kpaca in the safe wagon.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by MordyS »

Mina wrote:You know what I'm thinking? That Sanhora has extra information, and he's trying to trap you in a lie. And you're afraid of slipping and giving yourself away.
Do you really believe this is true? Can you explain it a bit more, cause I can think of like a dozen things wrong with this assertion. Not only does it seem unsupported, but Sanhora asked for a claim. If Sanhora has information relating to a claim, that could theoretically vindicate/condemn him -- it's not really the kind of thing that gets contradicted. Also, asking for claims before they're necessary is WAAAAAY anti-town. Check this out!
MOD wrote:* Some of you, make that MANY of you, risk severe consequences if you CC or share information unwisely. You have been warned.
Oh hai guyz, I've got an idea. Let's help the town out by possibly forcing some of these people to claim before it's necessary because you MAY/(MAY NOT) have role related information that you could use to trap them in a contradiction. GOOD THINKING.

Btw, re my list of who I think is scummy: Nope. I'm voting for who I think scum is.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Mina »

^That's actually a good argument against making MM claim right away. And on reading the post in which Sanhora asks for a MonkeyMan576 claim, I see he doesn't actually have any information on MM, just on two other players. I still like the idea of making MM describe the details of his posting restriction, though.

But you know, could you, um, react to anything
else
I've said? Particularly the parts in which I've called you scum?

And what possible reason do you have for not wanting to give your suspect tiers? Your only suspect is Sanhora (and possibly me, although you still haven't written that case you asked for)? What possible townie motives could you have for not ranking your top suspicions?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: "that case
I
asked for."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by MordyS »

Mina wrote:But you know, could you, um, react to anything else I've said? Particularly the parts in which I've called you scum?
If you insist.
Mina wrote:I feel kind of guilty for this vote, because Mordy isn't the most antitown player out there. But at least I can buy that my problems with my other suspects are playstyle-related. This is light-years away from Mordy's town meta. It's unfair to penalize him for having played well in another game, but such is life.
Bummer. I'm scum because, even though I'm not the most antitown player out there, my play here is different than my town meta.
Mina wrote:And what possible reason do you have for not wanting to give your suspect tiers? Your only suspect is Sanhora (and possibly me, although you still haven't written that case you asked for)? What possible townie motives could you have for not ranking your top suspicions?
Unproductive, not really my style, and I can see good reasons for not doing it that I'd rather not share with you.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I think Mina has a case of "If I'm pushy I'm not scum"
and she thinks the argument doesn't matter
If it came to lynching Mordy or Mina
I'd take the latter.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:08 am

Post by SocioPath »

Mina wrote:
I don't know ABR very well, but he's supposedly an experienced player. Would an experienced player try to "quickhammer" town? Especially one Day One? If the lynch had gone through he would've been under intense scrutiny the next day.
That's what I meant when I said to SocioPath that ABR is "almost too scummy to be scum." He doesn't seem to worry about how he's perceived. But maybe you and SP should duke this one out. (I'd be very interested in seeing that. It would help me make up my mind on ABR.)
Oh? You mean like how ABR's style this game has been essentially: VLA, LURK LURK LURK, FLUFF LURK FLUFF, LURK LURK QUICKLYNCH REPLACE.

The only person he legitamately made an attempt to attack was Mordy.

Trying to Appeal to his Authority is silly.
A long time player does not make a good player.
I've read many games with him in them, I've played games that he has modded (a great game none-the-less), and I even know the where abouts of his title origin. (Read: it was not based on his good game play, quite the opposite.)
Just because a player has been around for a long time, and played well in the past, does not make them immune to even the dumbest of moves.
Nor does it prevent players from completely changing the way that they are perceived through later actions.

For example with RayFrost, the first game I played with him, I was very much enjoying his playing, and his very townieness. He was active, he had many of the same opinions I shared, and made very logical arguments.
Since then though every game I've seen him in has been very less than par. Mostly lurking, noncontributing, and getting replaced.
MordyS wrote:
Mina wrote:I feel kind of guilty for this vote, because Mordy isn't the most antitown player out there. But at least I can buy that my problems with my other suspects are playstyle-related. This is light-years away from Mordy's town meta. It's unfair to penalize him for having played well in another game, but such is life.
Bummer. I'm scum because, even though I'm not the most antitown player out there, my play here is different than my town meta.
Its a legitimate cause for concern.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I think Mina has a case of "If I'm pushy I'm not scum"
and she thinks the argument doesn't matter
It works, for me, and as such I'm not voting her anytime soon.

Also, its better to be pushy and active and actively pushy, than nonattentive to the point where you have to be asked the same questions over a quarter of dozen times.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

No luck on finding replacements yet. and I have tried to post this a few times on this site, only for it to lag until the internet gives up and loses the message. Lets hope this one got through.

Grimmy

and im unsure of the deadline right now, so I have to postpone it once again...

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Sanhora »

MonkeyMan wrote:I have never been afraid of answering anything
I have nothing to hide I am free.
Are you really saying that me asking you to claim is a joke?
The above quote is the joke. How many things haven't you answered in my posts towards you?
"I'm on the side of money."
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Sanhora »

Jazz wrote:MonkeyMan has fallen off the face of the thread since Jan 9 now, which is strange since he was active until then, and yet he's posted something like 80 posts elsewhere since last gracing us with his presence here in this thread.
Gotta love players who do their homework. And this is also the reason why I hate that the search function is down.

MonkeyMan, your opinion on post 333 please.
"I'm on the side of money."
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Iecerint wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I don't care about his meta anymore, it's equally likely Albert does what he does as town or as scum. And I think that's the largest wagon that is not one of the two above mentioned people, but I'm too lazy to check.
So...you're literally and transparently voting Albert just because he's the biggest wagon. Do I have that right?

EBWOP: Forgot about your implicit PoE, I guess.
You got it perfect.
What's PoE?
Mina wrote:EBWOP: Whoops, forgot.

Unvote

Ellibereth, if you had no problem voting kpaca, why do you oppose a Sanhora lynch for mysterious role-related reasons?
Something San said in his first post that makes me think he is town.
Mina, unless you can get a wagon on Mordys or anyone else except for Monkey and San going, it would be lovely if you could switch to your tier two Albert.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 am

Post by MordyS »

Sociopath wrote:Its a legitimate cause for concern.
Is it? Then why aren't you attacking me or voting for me? How legitimate is it? How is it legitimate?

By the way, Mina, you wanted a list of suspects. I won't give you one, but that comment of Sociopath's just put him in my top tiers. It's sneaky scummy gameplay -- attempting to attack people (or legitimize attacks on people) without actually following through or pursuing the comment.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:07 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sanhora wrote:
Jazz wrote:MonkeyMan has fallen off the face of the thread since Jan 9 now, which is strange since he was active until then, and yet he's posted something like 80 posts elsewhere since last gracing us with his presence here in this thread.
Gotta love players who do their homework. And this is also the reason why I hate that the search function is down.

MonkeyMan, your opinion on post 333 please.
One or two people asking for a claim
is not good enough
And continiously asking for it
Is rolefishing, scummy and rough.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

PoE is process of elimination. I was alluding to your statement that you didn't want to vote for Sanford or MM for mysterious reasons. Since I think MM has been a bit sketchy, your (implicit) role-related reasons for eliminating him from your scumlist helped justify your poorly-reasoned ABR vote. (Not that there aren't properly-reasoned ABR votes out there; just that yours is transparently poorly-reasoned. But you're really transparent about it, at least.)
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 am

Post by SocioPath »

MordyS wrote:
Sociopath wrote:Its a legitimate cause for concern.
Is it? Then why aren't you attacking me or voting for me? How legitimate is it? How is it legitimate?
Let me guess, you are one of those people that scream, 'META IS USELESS! IGNORE IT!'
MordyS wrote:It's sneaky scummy gameplay -- attempting to attack people (or legitimize attacks on people) without actually following through or pursuing the comment.
Thats cute, consider I was responding to your 'defense' of just ignoring the point at hand. Your sarcastic dissonance does not eliminate the very legitimate point.
MordyS wrote:Then why aren't you attacking me or voting for me?
There are bigger fish to fry.

Your shrugging off of something so potentially significant isn't something to be ignored.

Nice straw man response though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Iecerint »

SP, you've been voting ABR since his panic attack. What do you think of MM?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 am

Post by SocioPath »

Iecerint wrote:SP, you've been voting ABR since his panic attack. What do you think of MM?
His active lurking inattentiveness is scummy as hell.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SocioPath wrote:
Iecerint wrote:SP, you've been voting ABR since his panic attack. What do you think of MM?
His active lurking inattentiveness is scummy as hell.
I'm not active lurking at all
so quit putting me up for the fall.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:18 am

Post by MordyS »

Sociopath wrote:Let me guess, you are one of those people that scream, 'META IS USELESS! IGNORE IT!'
Nope. I'm one of those people who scream, (or say), if you believe my meta differs from my town meta is troubling ways, please explain and illustrate why. If you don't, I've gotta assume you're just blowing smoke. I'm also one of those people who feel blowing smoke is scum behavior 101.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”