Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 am

Post by mykonian »

Day 1 Vote Count
CSL ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 1 ) mykonian
elvis_knits ( 2 ) Albert B. Rampage farside22
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 1 ) popsofctown
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 0 )
Albert B. Rampage ( 2 ) Raskol elvis_knits
mykonian ( 4 ) Rhinox flareonage plum DrippingGoofball
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) gayle
Raskol ( 3 ) evilsnail ojanen fishythefish
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 1 ) CSL
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

elvis_knits wrote:I'm sorry but it's hella stupid to for somebody to pre-emptively defend albert's lurking and lack of scum hunting by blaming DGB, who has done nothing to him that I can see. I don't think this would ever be a valid excuse for someone not scumhunting, but particularly in this instance I think it's stupid. I also think people who are discouraging teleportation are anti-town. Scum have more of a reason to dislike telportation, especially since we have decided to try to teleport scummy players.
There are also coming scummy players here. How hard can it be to understand this? Scum wants to stay alive, and a teleportator is not a vig!

Plus that I'm practically the only one arguing for it, you could just as easily have said I am antitown, in stead of taking this roundabout way of saying it.

Plus it wasn't pre-emptive. And arguing for a teleportation is always after the lynch, so lynch albert, and the whole problem isn't there. But if he isn't lynched, I propose that either he or DGB is send, for reasons mentioned earlier.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:09 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Myko, I wasn't trying to be roundabout. I was talking about you and only you being hella stupid regarding your defense of albert.

If you are town, you are not helping find scum. You are arguing about stupid things like, that we should not teleport, or we should use it to jettison abr for personality reasons (when actually we should lynch him since he's scummy, or teleport him because he's scummy... not for personality conflicts -- seriously personality conflicts between abr and dgb haven't played a part until you started worrying about it).
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

unvote
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 am

Post by mykonian »

elvis_knits wrote:Myko, I wasn't trying to be roundabout. I was talking about you and only you being hella stupid regarding your defense of albert.

If you are town, you are not helping find scum. You are arguing about stupid things like, that we should not teleport, or we should use it to jettison abr for personality reasons (when actually we should lynch him since he's scummy, or teleport him because he's scummy... not for personality conflicts --
seriously personality conflicts between abr and dgb haven't played a part until you started worrying about it).
DGB claims otherwise. She says ABR must have told me they were there. I thought to read it in ABR's post.

But I'll take your word for it.

And I fully agree we should never lynch someone for personality conflicts, that's why I proposed this. I feared that was the reason, and teleportation would be
the
way to deal with it.

I better stay out of it then. It seems I'm more likely to make things worse, as you say it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Will have post for this game later today.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Same old yarn ball as always.

I am not particularly difficult to convince people to vote for, contrary to what DGB is implying. And I'm a great scumpartner. I think the last two times ended in a perfect scum win. As town I generally get into the game very slowly...and it becomes more apparent as the days pass whether I'm mafia or not.

Elvis knits is basically looking for any kind of reason to OMGUS right now, so that's who I would vote if I were you guys.

And if you're sitll voting for me...SO WHAT! I'm still a rock star! Nananananana-naaa
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Lol.

Can anyone without a vested interset verify that ABR's activity comes in delayed-release capsules?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Farside can, she has the most recent experience with me. Ojanen can attest to the same. CSL should be able to as well.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Same old yarn ball as always.

I am not particularly difficult to convince people to vote for, contrary to what DGB is implying. And I'm a great scumpartner. I think the last two times ended in a perfect scum win. As town I generally get into the game very slowly...and it becomes more apparent as the days pass whether I'm mafia or not.

Elvis knits is basically looking for any kind of reason to OMGUS right now, so that's who I would vote if I were you guys.

And if you're sitll voting for me...SO WHAT! I'm still a rock star! Nananananana-naaa
Considering you had no reason to vote me... it would be entirely appropriate for me to vote you for that crap move. However, I'm more voting you for your lack of scum hunting in general, a failure of yours that continues.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

myko wrote:Rhinox: what makes me so important to you that your post (to put it in a different way) is pretty much focused on me?
Scum deserve extra attention.

Did you ever answer this question by the way?
rhinox wrote:So its ok to create WIFOM because any good scumhunter should be able to handle it?
Page 15 scum/town list discussion: IMO, they help scum more than town. They let the scum know who they can push for mislynches without arrousing suspision, and who they should nk. It also serves as a report card for how scum are doing in your view, so they can alter their play accordingly i.e. it lets scum know how well they're doing at looking like town.
popsofctown wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
I would rather have the scum forced to agree with our town reads and concentrate attacks on themselves and people who look like scum.

Hypathetical game.

6 townies, ABCDEF.
3 scums, xyz.

ABCDEF and xyz have some discussion during the day. During this process, Townies A, B, C, D, and E become 90% certain that F is town. They gain some other information, but not anything nearly that significant.

xyz are going to randomly select a townie to attack together. (yes, sometimes scum attack townies together, sometimes apart, it's not relevant to the example which method they go for).

Pro-readlist people would have each player post their opinions. Scum would realize F is a fortress impenetrable, and they select one of the other five players, and shoot F that night. (and don't say they would have known to shoot F that night anyway. If they would have known that anyway, why can't we grant the same assumption of intelligence to townies who haven't seen readlists yet and let them say they don't need the readlist to know who they agree is townie?)

Anti-readlist people would have these reads withheld. xyz might attack F. The lynch still fails. It's not like these readlists put a magic protective halo of holiness around players that look townie, they don't.

Then after the lynch fails, xyz scumteam look scummy.
:goodposting:
evilsnail wrote:Maybe if xyz are morons.

I'm sorry, but the scenario you're describing is spectacularly unlikely. ABCD are all picking up on some reliable town read that xyz for some reason have no awareness of? This tell, so elusive for scum, is somehow still so reliable that ABCD will not ever doubt it and change their minds. In addition, xyz somehow decide to all go after the same player together, without any plausible suspect action by F and build their case so poorly that ABCD are entirely unconvinced and stick to their town read. In addition, ABCD all recognise that not having this mysterious, magical town read on F means that xyz are scum.

More likely is x goes after F, y waffles on the issue and z disagrees. A changes his mind and goes after F too, B doesn't see what the big deal is and FOSes y for waffling, C is lurking, D is too caught up in his case on A to care and F OMGUSes x after a long drawn-out discussion with x over the minutiae of the discussion after which everyone else, including y and z, is too confused to be able to tell either way. At the end of the day, the only impression anyone is left with is that F did something scummy and this, coupled with F's unimpressive claim, ensures a sloppy mislynch of F when the deadline rolls around.
Evilsnail completely misses the point and strawmans pops. No, its not a black and white like in pops post, but if you have a town read on someone, you may be able to catch scum trying to mislynch that player if you withold that information. Afterall, unless your a cop, you don't know for sure, so there's no reason to announce that you think he's town (unless its part of some other grand scumhunting scheme). Giving a detailed list of who you think is town and scum lets the scum push wagons on townies you think are scummy, while they know not to bother bringing up cases on players you have locked in as town. Unless of course you're a scumhunting god and nailed the scumteam as your top suspects, but even then you have to get every other town player to agree with you.
popsofctown wrote:This is why no one will understand why they shouldn't post readlists until 3010.
I feel you dawg.

This is also why its not a scumtell yet. Townies don't realize making lists isn't ideal play. But it makes for nice theory discussion. Also look, after a few pages, everyone's mostly forgotten about it.

REGARDING THE VOODOO CURSE:
Also, anyone keep getting the "No posts exist for this topic" error?
This happens when the mod deletes a post. Its a bug in the page counting routine of the boards. Although the post is deleted and post numbers are reset, the ghost post is still counted while determining the number of pages in the thread. So if there is one deleted post in this thread, everytime someone puts the last post on a page, the ghost post will cause the error that there is an extra page even though there isn't.

Just in case everyone didn't know.
pops wrote:Everyone in this thread is being hilariously hypocritical. If it was such a horrible mistake that town couldn't make, then why did everyone in the thread except plum read over it and not notice?
I noticed it, its just not a slip. Attacking him for this slip is a distraction and allows him to strawman other more legitimite arguments.
pops wrote:For the scums in the thread, though, it makes a great <insert reason> for <insert vote> on <insert townie>.
You can only make this argument if you know myko is town.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think we should cut the fat and thin down the numbers before using the teleportation. Sending all the suspicious players to one universe could be a feasible idea later on in the game when we have claimed power roles.
I completely disagree.
CSL wrote:@ mykonian: quoting would've done MORE harm.

unvote

The vote has served it's purpose.
Enlighten me... what purpose was that?

-and-

Whats your new purpose? lurk until another opportunity arrises to jump on a wagon?
myko wrote:Placing these two in seperate universes would solve the problem without using a costly lynch for it. If one is scum, that person would lose his/her target, and would have to think of something new.
No, they need to hug it out, if there is a problem. A little drama can be good for scum hunting. people will pick sides.
E_K wrote:I also think people who are discouraging teleportation are anti-town. Scum have more of a reason to dislike telportation, especially since we have decided to try to teleport scummy players.
QFT

Myko, you claim the teleportation is a 0-sum game and causes confusion? Firstly, any good townie should be able to handle a little confusion, yes? ESPECIALLY if they can handle a little wifom :P

With the jab out of the way, time to get serious. Confusion isn't a funtion of the mechanic, its a function of the dedication of the players in the games. Townies playing towards their wincon will not become confused just because they have to read another thread. They might not like it, or they might just not choose to catch up (which is not really playing to their wincon).

Secondly, teleporting is not a 0-sum game. We may lose 1 scum only to gain another if the teleporters both hit scum, but the two uni's scums are separate factions. The chance of crosskills is a big plus for the town and is not offset by imaginary "confusion".
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 am

Post by mykonian »

Rhinox, blue post coming (theory)

I didn't answer that question, I missed it. We disagree about the use of the word WIFOM. WIFOM is a phenomenom that comes up in this game where there is a tactic or action that is helpful to town. The opposite action would be beneficial for scum. Because of WIFOM, scum won't allways take the course to help their own chances, but they will pick a percentage of the time the towny option, as not to give themselves away.

So essentially, everything scum does, everything this game is, is seeing through these possible actions and see what scum did. WIFOM is a central part of the game, and little information here is absolute (like there isn't a definate towntell: WIFOM taints this as scum will do it too). Every information is changed by WIFOM. The more information, the better town can try to find scum.

So you tell me I created WIFOM. I didn't. I created information, but none of this information is absolute. But that is not my problem, that is the nature of this game.

to compare this to confusion is not fair, I think. Neither is calling confusion imaginary. The bigger the mess, the less effective the town. Big rereads will slow the game down.

I see that nobody agrees with me, and that the teleporter will teleport players anyway.

About crosskills. I wanted that I could share your optimism, but I don't see scum going for scummy players that are zapped in. Neither do I see the new scum shooting other then players that are likely town. The greatest effect you will again achieve close to endgame. (where I have argued the teleportation mechanic finally becomes useful).
Rhinox wrote:
myko wrote:Rhinox: what makes me so important to you that your post (to put it in a different way) is pretty much focused on me?
Scum deserve extra attention.

Did you ever answer this question by the way?
you knew I was scum before your catchup post? Is that why you practically tunneled on me? I would very much like to know what evidence you used for this, since that must be an awesome scumhunting tool.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:37 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going back and reading people in isolation at the moment. So this post doesnt' become so long it makes people's eye's cross I'm posting my first group here. I'm still reading others.

CSL
- So far this is typical CSL play. Seems better then my other game (which doesn't say much)

DrippingGoofball
- DGB had her list wrong on who answered the question but hasn't responded to her vote on evil in lew of this info
DGB post is more evasive and reasoning like this post seems very flawed:
mykonian is scum for his post 211.
In particular: "If you have a mindset where catching scum is pointless, you are scum. I am certain this was a major scumslip." - this is so many layers of wrong it's like a 5-story high lasagna.

As much as it pains me to find elvis scum in this game, I'm not averse to lynching her first.
Where I catch DGB being a hypocrite:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:In your view if you catch someone who is obviously not reading the thread is that a scum tell in your book?
I can be, that's why I'm pestering ABR. I need to take his temperature.
DGB backtracks here:
Though one. I'm still holding elvis under observation, and I'm under the impression that raskol is making himself relatively scarce, which is a bad, bad sign.
dgb wrote:
Raskol wrote
:
Filed under full of shit townie atm.

^^^ says a townie.
Here reason's why
I think the scum should just come forward and name themselves. We need to simplify things.
DBG going for myko based on plum's comment. The plum is town comment makes me sudder do to our last game together and that said comment

The next vote here makes absolutely no sense what'so-ever
Now I'm back to being sketchy on your alignment. CSL? Raskol? Yeah, maybe Raskol. Your reluctance for vote for a lurkerscum like ABR is jarring, given your willingness to vote CSL, whose case is, if I recall correctly, a policy lynch for lurking.

THAT is inconsistent in a scummy way.

unvote, vote: mykonian
elvis_knits
- Things like this make me think EK scum
ahahaha

What is that I smell? OMGUS?

If you need a wall of quotes/text to point out your flaws, I can do that. (post coming)
Regarding DGB, I'm not trying to waffle. I'm undecided on her. I don't have to be decided on every person at all times. I explained what I am suspicious of (the evilsnail reasoning) and why my read is not clear-cut on her. I am trying to decide, hence my questioning her about evilsnail. And I'm not going to be pushed by you or anyone else to make a decision on her or anyone else.
Usually not this evasive when giving reads on players.
Here page where she says she read the game and gives input was very subpar for her.

I disagree with the reason's on why the gayle wagon started there. Gayle thought stradgey talk didn't help with scum hunting which I disagree with and her saying that RVS helps promote scum hunting over stradegy talk was above and beyond my thoughts on the game.
In regards to EK's list:
I can't even understand how OJ is town on this list. Or ABR perhaps scum should be exported and not voted for. Gayle town for wanting to scum hunt but not doing it is town why?
ek wrote:Like farside. Every game I have played with her lately she thinks I am scum, except spyrex's game. In spyrex's game she defended me and thought I was town. That's the only game I was scum in. This type of thing is important for people to know.
Bahhahahahahaha is it me or does this read. Don't listen to farside about me she has no clue about my game play. This is such a scum move it makes me hurt

Wait why are you voting for ABR?

evilsnail
- OMG I just read evilsnail and this sounds like what EK said
(evil)
Well, I felt like, in 109 (quoted below), you were sorta drumming up support for the Gayle wagon without committing to it. That can be a scum move. I mean, there were only like three votes on Gayle at the time, so there's no reason to withhold it.
Ek said:

So when Raskol chimes in with post 109, echoing the exact sentiments of the three people wagoning her, it is definitely adding support to the sucky Gayle wagon, and in a cowardly way since he's not backing it up with a vote on Gayle. This is a scum move designed to "test the waters" and see if the wagon has legs... see if other people are going to buy this crap.
I'm not sure why evil likes his vote on raskol at this point when raskol did post something in regards to evils comments about gayle
Plus I hate when people follow my logic

He seems to be defending EK a lot so far which I don't like. I wonder why this sort of play is going on between them and it sets my scumdar off.

Why is EK town to you evil?

Albert B. Rampage
- ABR is known as activly lurking and offering no content. He promises more information although post 21 has some merit I have seen him really enjoy playing town in a game and be vocal after being attacked and he doesn't just vote randomly like he is doing in this game.

So far at this point I haven't see a reason to change my vote off of EK.
DGB is either off her rocker or scum. I have seen her be erractic and all but her play feels off and she isn't making any sense to me this game so far.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

elvis_knits wrote:Like farside. Every game I have played with her lately she thinks I am scum, except spyrex's game. In spyrex's game she defended me and thought I was town. That's the only game I was scum in. This type of thing is important for people to know.
The second time I read that (in farside's post), that left a really bad taste in my mouth. The "This type of thing is important for people to know" feels really manipulative.

Anyway, this is Tier 1 ad hominem, and the last time I saw ad hom was scum, it's in my black book.
vote: e_k
. Though I'm up for a CSL policy lynch when anyone else is. (or is policy teleporting better[?])
"Well, I..."
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The thing I said about farside is totally true. And if you think I was implying that farside shouldn't be listened to, atleast in regards to me, you're right. She has no idea how to read me.
Talk nerdy to me.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Myko: when you list scumtells, they're no longer scumtells. Thats the point I was trying to make in my previous post. The WIFOM I'm talking about is that (going back to DGB's example), if I said posting in red was a scumtell, and I go the whole game without posting red, you don't know if its because I'm town, or if its because I'm avoiding my scumtell. If, however, later in the game I post in red, you can not say that I am scum because scum would not do exactly what they said would be a tell. The player is forced to divine from what they know of me whether I would poison the wine in front of you or however the damned saying goes. So I can no longer trust the scumtell.
It creates WIFOM that need not be there,
which is different from the wifom inherant in the game. Suppose I knew before the game that you posting in red was your scum tell, but you didn't think anyone knew. I can easily pinpoint you as scum if you then post in red and you never told anyone it was your tell. However, if you said early in the game that it was your scumtell, I have to play the WIFOM game to determine if you are scum. In essence, you have caused confusion and made it harder for me to scumhunt. My only choices in this hypothetical situation would be to policy lynch you, or submit that the "tell" is no longer reliable because it is out in the open.
to compare this to confusion is not fair
(that was a joke btw)
, I think. Neither is calling confusion imaginary. The bigger the mess, the less effective the town. Big rereads will slow the game down.
Big rereads slowing the game down =/= confusion. Furthermore, if both towns are reading both threads as they progress as 1 game (as they should be because it is, although I personally haven't had time to read the other thread yet), there will be no rereads necessary and there will be no question marks about the players who teleport into your universe. So as I said before, the mechanic does not cause any confusion.
About crosskills. I wanted that I could share your optimism, but I don't see scum going for scummy players that are zapped in. Neither do I see the new scum shooting other then players that are likely town. The greatest effect you will again achieve close to endgame. (where I have argued the teleportation mechanic finally becomes useful).
You forget that if scum are split between uni's they get to choose which uni to kill in. Who's to say that if we tele a scum to the OU, the mafia decides to use their kill over there? The biggest threats to the mafia teams are the masons and the other mafia, because 1 mafia can't win until the other is eliminated.
you knew I was scum before your catchup post? Is that why you practically tunneled on me? I would very much like to know what evidence you used for this, since that must be an awesome scumhunting tool.
If you think I am tunneled on you, you are naive. Your comments I read during my read gave me the strongest scum vibes at this stage of the game, so I acted with a vote. You seem a little on edge at being the focus of my vote and my comments, and we haven't worked out all our differences, so my vote remains. You are still as of this point my #1 pick for scum. I don't know if it will stay this way, but if you got lynched right now I wouldn't regret my vote. The wagon on you is generating tons of info. So, like I said before, I'm scumhunting. Sometimes you're the bait, sometimes you're the prey, and sometime I don't know what you are until I land the fish.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

elvis_knits wrote:The thing I said about farside is totally true. And if you think I was implying that farside shouldn't be listened to, atleast in regards to me, you're right. She has no idea how to read me.
Well then I guess you should listen to me then, since I do.
"Well, I..."
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

popsofctown wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The thing I said about farside is totally true. And if you think I was implying that farside shouldn't be listened to, atleast in regards to me, you're right. She has no idea how to read me.
Well then I guess you should listen to me then, since I do.
Apparently not.

Why am I scum, pops?
Talk nerdy to me.

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Gayle »

It is difficult keeping up with you guys. Joining a large theme game with most players entirely more experienced than me and with
two
universes probably wasn't the brightest idea. But let me see if I understand the cases:

Raskol is scum because he questioned me but did not vote for me.
DGB is scum because her play and votes are erratic, and she constantly refers to other players as town.
CSL is scum because he hasn't been around, appeared suddenly to vote, and then quickly unvoted.
EK is scum because ... I don't know, why is EK scum?
Myko is scum because he said "town" instead of "scum" and made a suggestion of using teleports to keep the peace.
ABR is scum because he hasn't really done anything at all.

I don't know what to think about DGB. Myko is constantly kicking himself in the mouth and I can't decide whether that is scummy or not. I would probably be willing to vote ABR, but really I think he can be given a bit more time to start playing seriously. Until then...
pops wrote:I think CSL might require a policy lynch. He posts very briefly for the entirety of any games he plays.
pops wrote:Though I'm up for a CSL policy lynch when anyone else is.
...I think I'll stick with the tried and true scumtells.

@DGB: You said scum is "less likely to take a stance and more likely to spread the suspicion thinly". Is Farside's last post guilty of this?

Also, Rhinox, I am deeply offended that of all those quotes in your post, mine was the only one you declined to attach a name to. As is common knowledge, this is a very terrible and dire insult, and I assure you that I will have my vengeance some day soon. I would sleep with the lights on if I were you.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 am

Post by mykonian »

Rhinox, I say I create information. You say that information is not decisive. We are both right, I just don't see how extra information, even when doubting how effective it could be, can ever hurt us.

Nobody tells any person to use it. I have actually never even used the answer itself, but the way the person answered, what his motivation was while answering. See my analysis of Farside, Fishy, DGB, Plum and I thought evilsnail. Gayle couldn't answer it for obvious reasons, and the reluctance to give information makes Raskol quite likely scum.

So I have provided analysis from this question, but I don't see that coming back in your argument anywhere. You seem to think the information is worthless. I don't think any information is.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am

Post by mykonian »

Gayle, "kicking in the mouth" means?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

SOME information is worthless you absolute-slingin' fool! The fourth digit of the 5-dollar bill I just saw in my wallet is 9. How shall you use that?

E_k is scum because she is waffling in almost every post she makes, defending herself against DGB with unrepentant ad hom, and had low energy at the beginning of the game before she got pressure for it, which is generally e_k scum. (she hates playing scum, it stresses her out).

And something about that quote screamed out from my gut that it dripped evil.
elvis_knits wrote:This type of thing is important for people to know
It's SO authoritative and dismissive. The authoritative tone reminds me of lying people who have run out of reason and logic to back their point, so they then use an authoritative tone that suggests they can't disagree. It's bizarrely worded. It sounds like it came out of a legal paper or essay. It's not addressed at anyone. It should be addressed at farside, but elvis_knits is trying to ad hom her attacker into functional silence instead of tackle arguments made against her. So , it should at least be addressed to us, the voting town, but it isn't, it's in a slimy third person.

I'm talking to myself at this point maybe, but oh well.
"Well, I..."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Don't forget EK just ignored my post and focused on the farside doesn't know how to read me part.
Doesn't respond to the questions or comments I made in regards to her.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

elvis is town. You can take it to the bank.

Farside is drinking Kool-Aid.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am not waffling in every post.

I am not ad homming anyone. When I say farside can't read me, that is not an ad hom attack.

I had low energy at the beginning? I was absent from the entire site because my computer had a virus. Did you check my activity elsewhere??

And the quote that supposedly dripped evil to you... how come you didn't notice it the first time? If it was so blatantly scummy, how come you had to see farside jump on it before you decided to use it against me.

Let me just say this: IF YOU THINK I AM AD-HOMMING PEOPLE, PLEASE CONTACT THE MOD AND GET ME REPLACED. THAT WOULD BE AN INFRACTION OF SITE RULES. IF YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS, CONTACT THE MOD.

I CONSIDER IT INSULTING WHEN PEOPLE INCORRECTLY ACCUSE ME OF ADHOM. IF I SAY YOUR IDEA IS STUPID, I AM NOT ADHOMMING YOU, I AM DISAGREEING WITH YOUR IDEA.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:Don't forget EK just ignored my post and focused on the farside doesn't know how to read me part.
Doesn't respond to the questions or comments I made in regards to her.
I didn't see anything that hasn't already been covered or wasn't meta-WIFOM bullshit based on my supposed lurking or WIFOM comments about the tone or length of my posts.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”