899 FABLES- THE GRIMMAFIA GAME - The End. Mod Sucks.

Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Sanhora »

Question: As I don't know anything about Fables, the comics (:oops:), can somebody tell me more about the Magic Mirror?
"I'm on the side of money."
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Sanhora »

This also gets already posted so that others can see why MM is a good vote:

MonkeyMan576
In post 53 you voted Malp for something he did in the RVS. Back then, you first FoSed him after which he stated that he had voted the mod as well. So explain how you saw Malp’s vote as a serious vote.

Not liking post 115 at all. It so dodges Kpaca’s accusation. But this post gets worse when combined posts 119 and 171. In 119 you state your reason for not switching away from Malp. Yet, before post 171, Malp does get back. You don’t mention him at all in post 171 (Why not?) and switch to Kpaca. (For those interested, post 171 is MM’s first post after 119). So why the switch?

Please state your reasons for voting Kpaca in post 171 (In detail).

Wow, post 189 is just terrible. You did something scummy, get voted for it and because it doesn’t apply anymore you’re essentially saying it should be forgotten? Sure :roll:.

Hooray for Mina pointing out that you’ve ignored part of Mina’s analysis in post 224.

Also, MM, please claim your rolename if your PR is real. If you won't do so, please state why you won't do it.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Iecerent wrote:1. Why is his rhyming the predominant tell you're concerned about?
I did not cite it as a tell,
it is simply of interest to me.
Monkeyman scum to me will be a harder sell,
since something in common there seems to be.
Iecerent wrote:2. Why are you even alluding to the possibility that you may both be scum? O.o
Why would I not mention it?
I have no reason to avoid, nor is this a gambit.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

1. K
2. It's not that mentioning it is scummy; it's that mentioning it when you're one of the parties implicated makes the PoV sorta off innit.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

LA for a couple of days
FLASH OF GREEN
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I'm laboriously reading through Volume 4 on Amazon right now because it's apparently not released in Deluxe edition with 3 til later this year. It looks like one of the characters asked the mirror where he could find his wife. Granted, the Amazon read skips a lot of material, so this could be totally irrelevant. I get the impression that lots of players have access to it and might be able to use it.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by MordyS »

I've read the full Fables series to date. There is a magic mirror character, but I don't remember it figuring in very seriously with the plot that this game theme is supposed to encompass. Tho there is a Snow White figure who is central to the storyline.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Sanhora wrote:This also gets already posted so that others can see why MM is a good vote:

MonkeyMan576
In post 53 you voted Malp for something he did in the RVS. Back then, you first FoSed him after which he stated that he had voted the mod as well. So explain how you saw Malp’s vote as a serious vote.

Not liking post 115 at all. It so dodges Kpaca’s accusation. But this post gets worse when combined posts 119 and 171. In 119 you state your reason for not switching away from Malp. Yet, before post 171, Malp does get back. You don’t mention him at all in post 171 (Why not?) and switch to Kpaca. (For those interested, post 171 is MM’s first post after 119). So why the switch?

Please state your reasons for voting Kpaca in post 171 (In detail).

Wow, post 189 is just terrible. You did something scummy, get voted for it and because it doesn’t apply anymore you’re essentially saying it should be forgotten? Sure :roll:.

Hooray for Mina pointing out that you’ve ignored part of Mina’s analysis in post 224.

Also, MM, please claim your rolename if your PR is real. If you won't do so, please state why you won't do it.
I'm not going to claim at all
It's way to early to call.
If you don't believe my PR that's fine
But it doesn't change the fact that it's mine.

You are using Kpaca's (non)argument against me
But at the same time want a clean slate.
Having it both ways is scummy, I say
And lynching, I fear should be your fate.

Kpaca said I lynched for no reason
But I gave several reasons for my vote
He said I was trying to give pressure for no reason
But this argument was very poor I hope.

You are obviously concerned about living through the day
and are exaggerating any case against me through and through
The case against Kpaca is more than enough for a lynch
And your asking me to nameclaim is scummy too
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

EBWOP: Voted for no reason.
(Wife's beef stew I'm cravin')
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Mina »

I'm too tired to respond to SP and Jazz's responses to me, so just a few rushed thoughts and questions:

@Ellibereth: *headdesk* You'd better have a fantastic explanation for that vote later.

@Jazzmyn: To be honest, I was expecting RF to replace out soon after ABR did, simply because ABR's presence was clearly all that appealed to RF in this game. I think it's a null tell. Actually, I think RF/ABR is a very unlikely partnership. Killers almost never kiss up to their scumbuddies and sheep their cases like that.

@DragonsofSummer: That's...um, a rather unexpected flip on me. I understood the initial doubt, but you still stubbornly claimed your case on me was the best one out there when I had already been posting "forcefully" and not backing away from cases. How did my playstyle change since then?

@MordyS: okay, you don't have ANY thoughts about ABR's quickammer/Sanhora's towntell/MonkeyMan's vote? Even though kpaca was supposedly your top suspect? Your grace period for getting over Mini 873 ended a week ago.
FOS: MordyS
Start contributing, and stop making safe points on the set-up and attacks on easy targets.

@MonkeyMan576: Agree with all the people who found MonkeyMan's post setting up Sanhora-ABR lynches horrendously scummy. Oh, and MM? If you don't answer those questions I've asked you about five million times, I'll jump on your wagon in 3...2...1...

In fact, I have yet another question for you:

Do you have any role-related reason to want kpaca/Sanhora dead? And do you believe the reverse may be true?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Mina wrote:I'm too tired to respond to SP and Jazz's responses to me, so just a few rushed thoughts and questions:

@Ellibereth: *headdesk* You'd better have a fantastic explanation for that vote later.

@Jazzmyn: To be honest, I was expecting RF to replace out soon after ABR did, simply because ABR's presence was clearly all that appealed to RF in this game. I think it's a null tell. Actually, I think RF/ABR is a very unlikely partnership. Killers almost never kiss up to their scumbuddies and sheep their cases like that.

@DragonsofSummer: That's...um, a rather unexpected flip on me. I understood the initial doubt, but you still stubbornly claimed your case on me was the best one out there when I had already been posting "forcefully" and not backing away from cases. How did my playstyle change since then?

@MordyS: okay, you don't have ANY thoughts about ABR's quickammer/Sanhora's towntell/MonkeyMan's vote? Even though kpaca was supposedly your top suspect? Your grace period for getting over Mini 873 ended a week ago.
FOS: MordyS
Start contributing, and stop making safe points on the set-up and attacks on easy targets.

@MonkeyMan576: Agree with all the people who found MonkeyMan's post setting up Sanhora-ABR lynches horrendously scummy. Oh, and MM? If you don't answer those questions I've asked you about five million times, I'll jump on your wagon in 3...2...1...

In fact, I have yet another question for you:

Do you have any role-related reason to want kpaca/Sanhora dead? And do you believe the reverse may be true?
If you link to your question, I shall endevour to answer
I am not avoiding them see
I have never been afraid of answering anything
I have nothing to hide I am free.

I do not want Sanhora/Kpapa dead for any reason other than his scummy demeanor
As for Sanhora I must say
That his only reason for going after me
is trying to live through the day.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

Sanhora wrote:Question: As I don't know anything about Fables, the comics (:oops:), can somebody tell me more about the Magic Mirror?
I don't know anything about Fables either, except for the stuff I've investi-Googled for this game, but I did find some references to a magic mirror character, and it seems that it is more prominent in Fables segments other than the segments that this game is based upon.

Apparently, some character called Fly often
consults
the
magic mirror
for advice, but again that seems to be in other Fables segments and not the March of the Wooden Soldiers parts.

Also,
this site
has a pretty good list of characters and descriptions that might be useful.

And
this site
also has some useful information on characters and such. It appears that the March of the Wooden Soldiers is contained in Issues 19 through 21 and Issues 23 through 27, and you can click on the different issues and characters etc., to find out more information about the series.

Regards,
Jazz
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

Flycatcher asks the Magic Mirror to find his wife in Volume 4, which collects the March of the Wooden Soldiers issues. So that's a time where it's implicated in the current story. Could be that it plays a relatively minor role in this arc overall, though.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 am

Post by MordyS »

@Mina, here's what I think -- and I've been mulling it over for a few days. I think kpaca/Sanhora is scum. And I think ABR agreed with that and wanted to do the lynch before the inevitable replacement fending off attacks happened. When his vote failed, I think he got frustrated and requested a replacement. I don't know ABR very well, but he's supposedly an experienced player. Would an experienced player try to "quickhammer" town? Especially one Day One? If the lynch had gone through he would've been under intense scrutiny the next day. And I've seen nothing compelling to move my vote from kpaca. I do however, Mina, find you scummy -- even tho no one has followed up DoS's comments, I agree with them in full force at this time. I don't think ABR is scum. It doesn't make sense to me.

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 am

Post by MordyS »

Sanhora's towntell

lulz

Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Sanhora »

MM
I really have to disappoint you, but I have given the award of best dodger to somebody else. You can share the second place due to post 432 though.

About your 'Post Restriction', no it's not too early for you to claim. From the information I so far have, role name is linked with possible abilities. My role and two others reflect this. Claim your role name (And in case you don't understand, the name of your character) and we'll see how real your 'PR' is. Because you denying this information and you not using a correct rhyme scheme in your last post is very telling. Seems my gut was right in not believing this 'PR' from you.
GK
, can you tell us (And if needed, PM the mod) if the rhyming MM has done in post 432 is allowed?
At the same time, MM, can you tell us in what ways you have to rhyme before GK tells the answer to his question?

Oh really? Kpaca was scummy for his argument against you? Well, that's interesting. Because when Iece repeated his argument and seemed to like it, you had nothing to say against Iece and instead, you responded to it.
But anyway, I agree with Kpaca's argument against you. And as stated, it got worse when combined with posts 119 and 171. But hey, you obv don't care in that as you avoided it. Should I also let Iece repeat it? Perhaps you will comment on it then.

And last, you're stating that I want to live through this day. I love to hear why I as scum would go after you when I could instead go after ABR who gets more scrutiny from other players.

In your next post, I expect a response to this post and the one you quoted in post 432. If not, I await a very good reason from you not doing so.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Mina »

MordyS wrote:@Mina, here's what I think -- and I've been mulling it over for a few days. I think kpaca/Sanhora is scum.
And I've seen nothing compelling to move my vote from kpaca
List reasons for why kpaca is your top suspect. Now. I can buy Iecerint's reasons for suspecting him. I can buy Jazzmyn's reasons. I can buy those who voted for him after he went AWOL. Yours, on the other hand, seemed like stretching. Because there was a lot of anti-kpaca sentiment floating around, and then you made an opportunistic jump on the bandwagon. I got the impression you were trying to come up with your own original reasons for voting for him so you wouldn't look sheepy. There is so much suspicious behaviour in this game that there is no way you should be certain of kpaca/Sanhora's--or
anyone
's--guilt. You and MonkeyMan both seem to be clinging to a mislynch that went bad.
And I think ABR agreed [that kpaca was scum] and wanted to do the lynch before the inevitable replacement fending off attacks happened. When his vote failed, I think he got frustrated and requested a replacement.
Really? I remember ABR first voting you, and then trying to encourage a bandwagon on DragonsofSummer while kpaca was the voteleader. He FOSsed kpaca after the disappearance, but where did you get the impression that ABR seriously thought kpaca was scum? Because I really got the impression that he just wanted the day to end already. Besides, he could have just revoted if he was that certain of kpaca's/Sanhora's guilt.
I don't know ABR very well, but he's supposedly an experienced player. Would an experienced player try to "quickhammer" town? Especially one Day One? If the lynch had gone through he would've been under intense scrutiny the next day.
That's what I meant when I said to SocioPath that ABR is "almost too scummy to be scum." He doesn't seem to worry about how he's perceived. But maybe you and SP should duke this one out. (I'd be very interested in seeing that. It would help me make up my mind on ABR.)
I do however, Mina, find you scummy -- even tho no one has followed up DoS's comments, I agree with them in full force at this time.
You're being lazy. Don't just reference a point someone made almost a month ago about my reaction to the first bandwagon in the game (which apparently, even DoS has suddenly stopped thinking is the best case out there). Reread me in iso. Make a case on me. Quote suspicious posts I've made. Explain why you think my overall behaviour this game is indicative of a scum alignment. Explain what you think my scum motivations were for my actions. Because it's veeeerry scummy to toss out accusations like that without backing them up.
Sanhora's towntell

lulz
Reread Sanhora's reaction to the hammer. Do you think that scum or town is more likely to act like that? After people made good points against confirming him, I downgraded it from "confirmed town" to "towntell."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 am

Post by MordyS »

How in the world would you have any idea if it's a
mislynch or not?

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Mina »

Nice try, but no, that wasn't a scumslip. (I almost wrote "clinging to a wagon that went bad.")

If you and MM are scum, then kpaca/Sanhora is most likely town. My read on your behaviour is that you and MonkeyMan are acting like scum whose easy mislynch was just thwarted. But anyway, I haven't been subtle over the fact that I think a Sanhora lynch would have been a mislynch, because of the "towntell."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

Sanhora wrote:
GK
, can you tell us (And if needed, PM the mod) if the rhyming MM has done in post 432 is allowed?
At the same time, MM, can you tell us in what ways you have to rhyme before GK tells the answer to his question?
I think GK, at least, as already answered that question. Check the vicinity of the OTOK discussion IIRC.
Sanhora wrote:Because when Iece repeated his argument and seemed to like it, you had nothing to say against Iece and instead, you responded to it. But anyway, I agree with Kpaca's argument against you. And as stated, it got worse when combined with posts 119 and 171. But hey, you obv don't care in that as you avoided it. Should I also let Iece repeat it? Perhaps you will comment on it then.
I'm not quite understanding. Do you have any typos in here? Also, which specific arguments of mine are you referring to?
Sanhora
Sanhora
Goon
Sanhora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Sanhora »

As far as I know, I have made no typo's.
I'm talking about posts 103 (Kpaca states why he votes MM), 113 (MM doesn't know Kpaca's reason), 115 (Where MM doesn't undrstand the reason), 117 (You restating it) and 119 (MM responds to you)

I have no idea what 'vicinity' and 'OTOK discussion' means :?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

"Vicinity" means "area." "OTOK" (off-topic OK) is my term for the bit where GK claimed he didn't have to rhyme if he was talking about off-topic stuff, or within quotes.

The post I'm thinking of has GK say that his PM just says that he has to rhyme rather than it specifying a specific rhyming scheme or anything like that. I could be misremembering, though.

Thanks for the extra information about those posts. Your point is no longer mysterious.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Iecerint »

Nevermind.
Gerhard Krause wrote:@Mina - My pm simply says my posts have to rhyme.
It did not give a starting time.
This is the post I was thinking of, but I suppose it doesn't necessarily answer your question.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:26 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Mina and Sanhora as scum pair
is more likely than me and Mordy being there.
Mina was way to quick to switch on ABR
He admits he finds pretty much every player scummy there.

I don't like Sanhora's rush to claim
It's a presumption of guilt that is not true
If he claimed first I might be more willing
But I doubt that this is something that he would do.

ABR's discussion has been dim
Mina has been everywhere
as if everyone is scummy but him
Since Mina and Sonhara could be a scum pair
I'm not inclined to name claim here.
That and I only have a couple votes.
Asking me to claim is a joke.

Sanhora's play here is indicative of scum
Let's get the lynch going and drink some rum.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

This day is getting nowhere.
I won't be backing either a Monkey or San lynch today. You're not getting reasons out of me right now so don't ask.
Vote: Albert

I don't care about his meta anymore, it's equally likely Albert does what he does as town or as scum. And I think that's the largest wagon that is not one of the two above mentioned people, but I'm too lazy to check.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”