Open 184: Friends and Enemies Mafia (Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Kise wrote:I would rather have heard an answer before you both read up on the thread. I just noticed that Dedicated was killed because SC said he thought that slot was the mason.

Easy way or the hard way.
Vote: Budja

FTR I saw the mason claim but I guess it doesn't matter.
I know what you talking about and I thought I was going crazy and then I wanted to smack someone for saying it. But it worked out well since SC screwed up.
Still I thought maybe the person was screwing around and I think you can understand why.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 am

Post by dramonic »

The Twentyninth Votecount: acceleRATED!!

Budja (3): Farside, Ellibereth, Kise
Ojanen (1): Budja

Not Voting (2): Ojanen, DLA

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline is the 14th at 23:59!

DLA hasn't responded to his prod yet, he has more or less 30 hours left to answer.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Sorry for the inactivity. I've been here, just not found anything to write

(...)

I'm kind of unsure here... Budja and Ojanen are definitely the most scummy, I feel.
With Kise coming next..

---

Oh, whatever.. Budja is definitely the most scummy.

Hammer Vote: Budja
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

Post by dramonic »

The Thirtieth Votecount: Cornered?!

Budja (4): Farside, Ellibereth, Kise, DLA
Ojanen (1): Budja

Not Voting (1): Ojanen

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

mod scene soon, dont close the topic
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 am

Post by dramonic »

"Wow, wait a sec here!" pleaded Budja, alarmed by the situation.

It had all happened remarkably quickly. The death of DedicatedScribe had triggered some kind of hysteria in the remaining townfolk, so much that not even an hour had gone by that Budja was already condemned, the rope around his neck tight and the floor before him about to open.

"You can't lie to us forever, you scum!" yelled the enraged townpeople, oblivious to the man's plea. In a violent motion, the trap opened, sending Budja down only a few feet, but hard enough for his neck to snap in a sickening sound.

You approach his freshly lifeless body, hoping to find a piece of evidence tying him to the mafia. All you find is the photo of an old lady, probably his mother.

And then, an eclipse.

Budja,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched

It is now theorical night 4, although since the only action we're waiting for is the mafia kill, day will resume when I receive it, so the topic stays open. Doesn't mean you can post!
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

You hear a scream. if it weren't so dark, you'd see who's the killer. How the hell can he maneuver in these light conditions?

You hear a soft moan, followed by the sound of a body falling to the ground. You are then roughly pushed to the ground. The thoughts of your impending death flash in your mind and you close your eyes, but... it never comes. You hear the sound of the others being pushed down.

And then the sun reappears and the four of you that remain are getting up, dusting yourself from the fall, or "faked fall" for one of you. A more or less equal distance from the four of you lies Farside's body.

Farside,
Vanilla Townie
, "Nked" night 4
I'm a hoot
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Clear to me it's btw Oj and Dla now, leaning Oj.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Wasn't expecting a farside kill.
All right guys.
The sucky reality right now is that despite universal suspicion I am not scum.
You need to let me speak before anyone quickvotes, there are things I want to say in my defence. If you won't let me do that the lose to the town among you is earned since it costs you nothing to not vote someone right away.

Also, we can either now have an endgame with 4 people and the mason claiming, or no lynch and get the information of the scum's choice and have a shot at a 3-man andgame with a mason alive.
No lynch would seem the far superior choice to me at this point.

vote: no lynch

I've gotta run right now to the airport.
I will post a bigger post tonight, unless no lynch has been hammered before.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ojanen wrote:Wasn't expecting a farside kill.
All right guys.
The sucky reality right now is that despite universal suspicion I am not scum.
You need to let me speak before anyone quickvotes, there are things I want to say in my defence. If you won't let me do that the lose to the town among you is earned since it costs you nothing to not vote someone right away.

Also, we can either now have an endgame with 4 people and the mason claiming, or no lynch and get the information of the scum's choice and have a shot at a 3-man andgame with a mason alive.
No lynch would seem the far superior choice to me at this point.

vote: no lynch

I've gotta run right now to the airport.
I will post a bigger post tonight, unless no lynch has been hammered before.
You're assuming the mason won't get Nked...
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Ojanen »

I now officially hate blizzards. That was the second cancelled flight in a row with me stuck in transit.
Ellibereth wrote:You're assuming the mason won't get Nked...
No I'm not.
I think it's very possible the mason will get nightkilled, that's why I said we have a
shot
at the mason surviving.
But I think it could be rather informative who the scum would choose, and I think there's a chance they choose wrong, and a confirmed inno in a 3-man endgame is more powerful than in a 4-man one.
If they choose right, we will lose the mason's input unless we talk more extensively already before the proposed no lynch but I don't see much else we would lose.

Correct me if my thinking is wrong and where.

More in a bit. Wanna walk around now that I'm stuck here.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Kise »

Who were you expecting?
Ellibereth wrote:Clear to me it's btw Oj and Dla now, leaning Oj.
Lol there's only 1 mafia left, not 2.

The snow is also starting to come up over here and they say it'll be 48 inches. I have a feeling my net will be taken out as a result. Not sure when deadline is.

I don't want to rush a no lynch to be honest because we should all at least give input
right now
because if the mason did get nightkilled, then that's no input. I've pretty much made up in my mind a long time ago who I saw as scum.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

LA for a couple of days
FLASH OF GREEN
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Kise wrote:
Who were you expecting?
Someone I thought looked more like a mason, not elaborating obv.
Ugh need to delay posting to tomorrow, extremely low on time for the next 12 hours but will say what I wanted to after that. (the cancelled flights kida messed up my weekend.)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:07 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I'm all in for a no lynch.

Right now I have no clue as to who is what.

Vote: no lynch

I think it's best to eliminate as many townies as possible when you're facing a wall or unsecurity like this.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 am

Post by DarkLightA »

wall of* insecurity

heh :P
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I meant that one of DLA i+ Oj is the last scum.
No real time right now, sorry.
FLASH OF GREEN
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Kise »

Letting mafia have another nightkill would slim down the pool, but I'm gonna stay firm in my belief of who I think SC is teamed with.
Vote: Ojanen
. I'm not seeing the other two as scum.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:06 am

Post by dramonic »

The Thirtifirst Votecount: Damocles Dilemna?!

No Lynch (4): Ojanen, DLA
Ojanen (1): Kise

Not Voting (1): Ellibereth

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
I'm a hoot
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Unvote

FoS: Kise
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Ojanen »

I guess my position on the no lynch business is summed up by this: mason claims today and we have 1 confirmed inno. We no lynch and we will have the confirmed inno as a dead slot anyway plus a possible very valuable second inno if the mason isn't nightkilled, plus I think the scum's nk choice would be interesting info.
It's clear to me beyond any shadow of doubt we should no lynch instead of lynching today.

I am going to post some stuff since the undercurrent seems to be mostly one that wants to lynch me here and I don't feel like taking it quietly in lylo.
I don't remember any of you mentioning anything except the link to Serial as to why you think I'm scummy, so that's what I'm going to address. If there's something else, let me know.

Basically there seems to be these components: I defended Serial, we shared similar opinions and I was friendly to him.
Friendliness is easy as it's obvious rubbish as a scumtell. There's absolutely no special advantage for scum-scum to be friendly to each other in-thread, often rather the opposite. Neither Serial or I (or most of anyone on site) are such bad players that blatant buddying would just leak out of our posts due to having no control on hiding alignment and teammates.
We are, however, actual friends, and for a large part of the thread I had an unfortunate probtownread on him (which I thought was an unbiased read, not sure anymore but can't change the past). Occam should apply to why friendliness is null.
As to sharing similar opinions and defending him, obviously I did that a fair bit. Because I thought he was probtown, and because he's often an excellent scumhunter when he's town I did listen to what he said and partly agree, and we ended up pursuing some similar stuff often enough.

Newbie 764
Open 131
High life mafia
Mafia 105
Quick and dirty mafia
Amished village

This is every scumgame I've ever played, bar one that I played as part of a hydra.
Anyone familiar with my meta would know that it would be extremely, ridiculously, out-of-mindedly unusual for me to have an obvious positive link to a scumbuddy as with Serial. They would tell how I am when I'm scum: stressed, using very reasonable and convincing enough arguments to guard myself pre-emptively from attacks, almost overcompensating. Because that's what I do, overcompensate. I have nervously bussed often quite early. I have
never
, as far as I can remember, explicitly defended a scumpartner of mine, although I have subtly derailed. When a scumbuddy of mine has been lynched, I don't think I've
ever
been off wagon.
Even in my newbie game I bussed my partner getting under a wave I thought was rising as first vote on lynch wagon, and this on D1. I won't bore you with detailed descriptions, but I have consistently bussed and never truly defended.
In Amished village we thought we might auto-lose due to a jailkeep-thing if my partner was lynched D2 which looked likely so we delayed staging a big fight to D3 and the wagons did turn. Even there I didn't defend him or obviously derail, more like pussyfooted around it. But check what I wrote in the daytalking topic to see I'm not making this up:
I wrote:Yeah, sorry to be a pessimist but the situation is kinda bad. No real case against you but you still look like a pretty likely lynch.
Under normal circumstances I would bus hard even without the case.

Gimme a sec, I'll think about the wagons.
Regarding anything I've ever done in the past, a huge and obvious surface link to a scum would absolutely not be a scumtell to me at all. Regarding 100% of my past actions it would be the totally contrary to anything I've ever done as scum.
On the other hand, I have vehemetly defended and gotten linked to people I thought were town as town (they've always been so before this though, lol, sigh, that's probably why I had gotten reckless).
This argument is usable only once, because expressing it explicitly and publicly here will make it go down too deep in WIFOM kingdom for future games. But I have never used it before, I have never been in trouble as town for my own play before and it is true and checkable.

Dammit guys! I am not scum here.

Kise, such certainty is arrogance to the nuances of playing mafia and you're wrong. Check Elli in mafia 108 if you want to lose sleep. Possibility of concrete info is not to be thrown away.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:41 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Ojanen wrote:I guess my position on the no lynch business is summed up by this: mason claims today and we have 1 confirmed inno. We no lynch and we will have the confirmed inno as a dead slot anyway plus a possible very valuable second inno if the mason isn't nightkilled, plus I think the scum's nk choice would be interesting info.
It's clear to me beyond any shadow of doubt we should no lynch instead of lynching today.
Ditto. No lynch is clearly the best for today. I just think we shouldn't jump through days. The previous day was a perfect example of that.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Kise »

Lmao @ 4 votes for no lynch. WTF mod?

But yeah I guess it makes a little sense. I just wish everyone gave input before night because whoever dies should at least have some words to be remembered.
Unvote; Vote: No Lynch
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by dramonic »

dramonic wrote:
The Thirtisecond Votecount: Yes, four voting for No Lynch

No Lynch (2): Ojanen, Kise

Not Voting (2): Ellibereth, DLA

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
I'm a hoot
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I still disagree with no lynch...I'm very certain Kise is town so we just have to choose btw. Oj and Dla.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Open Games”