The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

Gootcha. But yeah, I wasn't saying townie with connotations of meaning Vanilla Townie. I obviously can't quote the PM from the Mod as per the rules, but yeah, I'm a Town Neighbor.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Hmm. That's funny. I go after you with tooth and nail, question your role for a bit, and now that everything's falling in place I believe you could be a neighbor. As your neighbor doesn't confirm your alignment either, I still like my vote, but Zang's also an option. I don't see the difference between TheButtonmen aid me.

For once I'm calm and clear-headed.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Oh, and I don't hate TBM. After this game is over I just move on and go to the next Mafia game. I believe him to be scum, and he's doing his job as scum, but that doesn't mean I have to hate him.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I was exaggerating anyway.

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by cruelty »

Goddamn, TQO you need a good slap.

I've read the thread and rather than making a massive case I'll just throw out a few thoughts.

- AGar needs to post more. He's made 9 posts, and only one could really be considered meaningful. Little concerning, he's capable as mafia.

- TQO you're truely playing horribly. If you're town, there was zero need to roleclaim, it just lines up another target for scum. Not only that, but you're not "obvtown", you're obvnewb, obvidiot, but not town. Not even close. That said, the crazy drunken path you're stumbling down is, irritatingly, leading to town, following a circuitous route of sheer incompetence, so I can't vote for you in good conscience right now. Pick your game up.

- Jack.. don't get the early claim. Don't really buy it either, but I'm not going to read into it right now. I tend to think that it's a dangerous claim for scum to make (in my experience cops are generally exposed through investigation claims, counter claims or through their deaths long before lylo) so I'm willing to let you sit on it for now.

- Zang you're horribly inconsistent. Need to re-read and engage with you a little because at the moment I'm looking in on proceedings.

I hate day 1. I never get a good read day 1 so I'm a little hesitant to vote right now, especially in light of the fact that I haven't actually engaged anyone yet due to V/LA.

What I would like from you all though, is directions to issues you feel I should comment on. What information do you want from me, given that I'm in sort of a unique position (no personal bias due to no head to heads yet)?
the nexus of the crisis
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Jack »

fos:cruelty

For not voting.

StrangerCoug, "townie" is very often used to mean "town aligned".
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by cruelty »

yayaya boring.
the nexus of the crisis
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

cruelty wrote:Goddamn, TQO you need a good slap.

I've read the thread and rather than making a massive case I'll just throw out a few thoughts.

- AGar needs to post more. He's made 9 posts, and only one could really be considered meaningful. Little concerning, he's capable as mafia.

- TQO you're truely playing horribly. If you're town, there was zero need to roleclaim, it just lines up another target for scum. Not only that, but you're not "obvtown", you're obvnewb, obvidiot, but not town. Not even close. That said, the crazy drunken path you're stumbling down is, irritatingly, leading to town, following a circuitous route of sheer incompetence, so I can't vote for you in good conscience right now. Pick your game up.

- Jack.. don't get the early claim. Don't really buy it either, but I'm not going to read into it right now. I tend to think that it's a dangerous claim for scum to make (in my experience cops are generally exposed through investigation claims, counter claims or through their deaths long before lylo) so I'm willing to let you sit on it for now.

- Zang you're horribly inconsistent. Need to re-read and engage with you a little because at the moment I'm looking in on proceedings.

I hate day 1. I never get a good read day 1 so I'm a little hesitant to vote right now, especially in light of the fact that I haven't actually engaged anyone yet due to V/LA.

What I would like from you all though, is directions to issues you feel I should comment on. What information do you want from me, given that I'm in sort of a unique position (no personal bias due to no head to heads yet)?
I say make a massive case against someone. You've kinda walked in like a replacement with a fresh look we haven't heard anything from... so make a massive case. But I'm with Jack in that fresh after reading the thread, you've gotta have some inkling of who to vote for, no?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

cruelty wrote:What I would like from you all though, is directions to issues you feel I should comment on. What information do you want from me, given that I'm in sort of a unique position (no personal bias due to no head to heads yet)?
Can you be a little more specific as to how you're getting a newbtown read on The Quintastic One?

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

StrangerCoug wrote:
cruelty wrote:What I would like from you all though, is directions to issues you feel I should comment on. What information do you want from me, given that I'm in sort of a unique position (no personal bias due to no head to heads yet)?
Can you be a little more specific as to how you're getting a newbtown read on The Quintastic One?
He calls him obv-newb and obv-idiot. Not newbtown. If anything, it sounds as though he suspects him. But without a vote or FoS it's kinda hard to tell.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
He calls him obv-newb and obv-idiot. Not newbtown. If anything, it sounds as though he suspects him. But without a vote or FoS it's kinda hard to tell.
I'm led to believe cruelty thinks The Quintastic One is town given the former said he cannot vote the latter in good faith.

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by cruelty »

My feeling towards TQO is sort of contradictory. I find him horribly scummy (unnecessary claims, constantly calling himself obvtown, AtEs, ridiculous logic) but I also get the impression he's new and foolish, so I'm sort of leaning towards giving him a gut pass if his game picks up.

I have an idea of who I want to vote for, but I want my question answered first. I'll rephrase it.

@everyone
: What do you think is the single most important event/debate/altercation to have taken place so far in the game?

Just humour me, it's important I understand priorities. I find it very hard to get good reads without being directly involved in the game.
the nexus of the crisis
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

TQO Changing his story / claim when pressured, I'm a fan of the lynch all liars plan.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

cruelty wrote:
@everyone
: What do you think is the single most important event/debate/altercation to have taken place so far in the game?
I think it's crazy to zoom in on one single event. Over time, the little things people say can be more telling at times than the larger debates.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm

TheButtonmen wrote:TQO Changing his story / claim when pressured, I'm a fan of the lynch all liars plan.
I actually see what the rest of the town is saying at this point. Thinking that you and I are just a distraction. All you do is post pointless posts saying I'm a liar when I have no lied once this game. And all I do is say your scum and that everyone should vote for you.

So after I get some sleep, I'm gonna go ahead and reread the thread. I'm gonna particularly focus on those who I have called scummy, and see if I can't either A) solidify my beliefs or B) discover new evidence that points towards someone else.

But know this, I am not a liar. And by the end of this game, whether I get lynched, night killed or if I somehow miraculously survive, you're going to have ALOT of egg on your face for calling me a liar.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by cruelty »

PaltryExcuse wrote:I think it's crazy to zoom in on one single event. Over time, the little things people say can be more telling at times than the larger debates.

So you're saying there isn't any one thing that's stuck out to you in the entire game? Not the Jack/Cyanide war, not TQO's random claim, nothing?

I'm not asking you to build a case around anything specific, but there absolutely has to be something that doesn't sit right with you, and I want to know what. Don't come at me spouting nonsense about the little things, that's completely and utterly irrelevant given what I want to know from you.

Why are you hesitant to answer me? What downside is there to answering the question?
the nexus of the crisis
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

cruelty wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:I think it's crazy to zoom in on one single event. Over time, the little things people say can be more telling at times than the larger debates.

So you're saying there isn't any one thing that's stuck out to you in the entire game? Not the Jack/Cyanide war, not TQO's random claim, nothing?

I'm not asking you to build a case around anything specific, but there absolutely has to be something that doesn't sit right with you, and I want to know what. Don't come at me spouting nonsense about the little things, that's completely and utterly irrelevant given what I want to know from you.

Why are you hesitant to answer me? What downside is there to answering the question?
I answered the question. I am the only one who has so far. Whether or not you disagree with me is a different issue.
Obviously you have something in mind. So, feel free to share.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 8:

The Quintastic One – (4) – TheButtonmen, StrangerCoug, Sir Cyanide, Vivi57
TheButtonmen - (4) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack, Zhero
Zang - (2) - ConfidAnon, PaltryExcuse

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: February 11th
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 am

Post by cruelty »

You didn't answer the question at all, you (quite neatly, to be fair) sidestepped it. I don't really like it when people do that. I think it's scummy. You're not going to convince me (or anyone else in the game, I sincerely hope) that there hasn't been a single moment yet which turned your head. Reading through your iso it seems like there definitely is, which in turn makes me wonder exactly why you're hesitant to talk about it. Regardless, your response has been noted.

I'm not overly concerned about the others thus far, although I will note that TBM did answer it, which invalidates your statement that you're alone in addressing the question.

On that subject..

@TBM, can you lay out in a single post quotes from TQO which reflect your assertion that he's lied? Or at least a little timeline that I can refer to? I've read through your iso and I know what you're talking about, but I think you need to lay it all out in a single post so as to consolidate the narrative. You've made a number of points against him, but at no point have you really fleshed out a decent case, it seems like a few single-line posts are the foundation of your case.
TQO wrote:But know this, I am not a liar. And by the end of this game, whether I get lynched, night killed or if I somehow miraculously survive, you're going to have ALOT of egg on your face for calling me a liar.
You don't seem to understand, so I'll lay it out (hopefully) in a way you understand.

Let's look at this "I'm not a liar" quote. We'll create a hypothetical scenario with two TQOs, one who is telling the truth, and one who is lying.

TruthTQO says "I'm not lying" - he's not lying.
LiarTQO says "I'm not lying" - he's lying.

It's pretty simple, right?

We don't know - we CAN'T know - which TQO we're dealing with. Obviously scum lies, so you saying you're town, you're truthful, all that garbage is completely worthless because we don't know your alignment. My suggestion to you is to lay off this crap because it's just a distracting mess, and instead focus your talents, such as they are, on locating and destroying scum.

Also, just so you know, stating that two people who are voting you are scum is not scumhunting. You need to lay out a coherent, logical case against them. You so far haven't done so.
the nexus of the crisis
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

cruelty wrote:
@everyone
My egocentric self wants to say The Quintastic One vs. StrangerCoug; my sensible self wants to say TQO's neighbot claim. So let's go with the claim.

SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:46 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I must say Zang does not look good (for reasons others have stated, but namely his ISO21 stands out as extremely scummy to me), but TQO is really something else. Have nobody of you noticed yet that he has been ignoring me blatantly (my guess is because he is a crybaby)? I would not be surprised if he started ignoring cruelty now after he stated that TQO is 'obvnewb'.

I am unsure of his alignment, but he's definitely the best lynch -for now- (that may change during the day). If we somehow conclude he's town, I would like to suggest that we just keep him in the game as a +1 for the townie side but completely ignore everything he posts.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:I must say Zang does not look good (for reasons others have stated, but namely his ISO21 stands out as extremely scummy to me), but TQO is really something else. Have nobody of you noticed yet that he has been ignoring me blatantly (my guess is because he is a crybaby)? I would not be surprised if he started ignoring cruelty now after he stated that TQO is 'obvnewb'.

I am unsure of his alignment, but he's definitely the best lynch -for now- (that may change during the day). If we somehow conclude he's town, I would like to suggest that we just keep him in the game as a +1 for the townie side but completely ignore everything he posts.
You're worrying me here. I agree that he's the best lynch, but if we conclude he's town, we do not ignore him. If he decides to come to his senses and be useful, that's to our benefit. Would you like to lose because our best information is coming from a VI?

Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Zhero »

Zang wrote: Zhero- Right now I believe that thebuttonmen might be scum but I do not have enough reasoning to vote for him yet.
But what is your reasoning? As far as I can tell, this is the first time you've mentioned him.
cruelty wrote: @everyone: What do you think is the single most important event/debate/altercation to have taken place so far in the game?
I'd put it at Jack's investigation gambit thing at the beginning of the game. It generated a lot of interesting responses and gave us more activity in the early game.
SIR CYANIDE wrote: I am unsure of his alignment, but he's definitely the best lynch -for now- (that may change during the day). If we somehow conclude he's town, I would like to suggest that we just keep him in the game as a +1 for the townie side but completely ignore everything he posts.
Yeah, this reeks of stifling conversation. Even if we end up confident of his alignment (which is dubious to begin with), people's reactions to him are still good indicators of their own alignments.

FOS: Sir C
-Zhero
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Zang »

I must say Zang does not look good (for reasons others have stated, but namely his ISO21 stands out as extremely scummy to me), but TQO is really something else. Have nobody of you noticed yet that he has been ignoring me blatantly (my guess is because he is a crybaby)? I would not be surprised if he started ignoring cruelty now after he stated that TQO is 'obvnewb'.

I don't see why you think that post was scummy, I was not the only one who believed TQO, Jack wrote this-
you know, I think I believe TQO.
zhero-can you read? I just said that I don't have much reasoning but basically he gas an agressive play-style, he was the first one for a TQO lynch (which is the easiest lynch)
@everyone: What do you think is the single most important event/debate/altercation to have taken place so far in the game?
jacks cop claim
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Even if we end up confident of his alignment (which is dubious to begin with), people's reactions to him are still good indicators of their own alignments.
You're worrying me here. I agree that he's the best lynch, but if we conclude he's town, we do not ignore him. If he decides to come to his senses and be useful, that's to our benefit. Would you like to lose because our best information is coming from a VI?
He is posting nonsense.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”