Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Day 1 Vote Count
ace5993 ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 2 ) plum popsofctown
elvis_knits ( 2 ) Raskol Albert B. Rampage
evilsnail ( 1 ) DrippingGoofball
farside22 ( 1 ) gayle
fishythefish ( 0 )
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 1 ) fishythefish
Albert B. Rampage ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) flareonage
Raskol ( 5 ) evilsnail farside22 ojanen elvis_knits mykonian
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 2 ) ace5993 Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

Though one. I'm still holding elvis under observation, and I'm under the impression that raskol is making himself relatively scarce, which is a bad, bad sign.

zoraster wears unwashed lederhosen. I thought I'd let everyone know.

Mod Note: This is not technically true. When things start to chafe, I buy new ones. While I don't actually bother washing them, they are, in fact, washed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Raskol »

mykonian wrote:
Raskol wrote:mykonian---you sure you're not just mad I pointed out how dumb your question was?

If you really do think your point is a good one (frankly I'd think more of you if you were to admit you're just rage-voting but w/e) then let me ask you how switching my vote this early in the game is a scumtell. Care to enlighten me?
nope, not mad about that, because frankly, you only said it was pointless, but never argued the theory behind this statement (this is not an invitation, to me you have made your point clear that you are not going to answer it for whatever reason)

To the point, because the above is only an introduction to your play that you try to hide, somebody (I forgot who) called you on not having placed a vote. Suddenly you vote Fishy for a wishy-washy point, without quote. I find you suspicious for this, and post that. Elvis agrees, and you have completely missed that point seen the above post where you strawman me by saying the question is the only post of the case.

But suddenly, without ever mentioning Fishy and your "case" on him, you switch for another interesting target, this time on the accusation that Elvis said she thinks DGB scum, but then again some points are in DGB's favor. That seems like analysis to me, but you vote her for it.

It is not placing multiple votes, it is making bad cases, and avoiding responsibility as soon as people post they were bad (as with your fishy case)
You're either stupid, lazy, or both if you can't figure out what I was attacking fishy over.

I specifically stated my reasons in my post voting for fishy, and when he asked what I meant I pointed it out before I switched my vote. I'm not backing off, I still find fishy scummy. I just find ek scummier and I put my vote where it does best.

And if you can seriously call ek's wafflefest about dgb 'analysis' then I guess I have a reference point for your standards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:47 am

Raskol, do you still think mykonian is town?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Raskol »

Filed under full of shit townie atm.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 am

Raskol wrote:Filed under full of shit townie atm.
^^^ says a townie.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think I'm leading towards the elvis side of the spectrum atm. Raskol seems genuinely cranky in a townie way. Elvis just isn't all that impressive.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 am

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
popsofctown
Raskol
flareonage
farside22

xRECKONERx/ace5993

fishythefish
gayle
mykonian
ojanen
plum
Rhinox

SOMEWHAT SCUMMY

Albert B. Rampage/infinis
elvis_knits
evilsnail

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Flareonage »

why do you have a category labled xRECONERx/ace5993?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Flareonage wrote:why do you have a category labled xRECONERx/ace5993?
I think it's supposed to be neutral but I don't see raskol as town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 am

Post by mykonian »

Raskol wrote:
mykonian wrote:To the point, because the above is only an introduction to your play that you try to hide, somebody (I forgot who) called you on not having placed a vote. Suddenly you vote Fishy for a wishy-washy point, without quote. I find you suspicious for this, and post that. Elvis agrees, and you have completely missed that point seen the above post where you strawman me by saying the question is the only post of the case.

But suddenly, without ever mentioning Fishy and your "case" on him, you switch for another interesting target, this time on the accusation that Elvis said she thinks DGB scum, but then again some points are in DGB's favor. That seems like analysis to me, but you vote her for it.

It is not placing multiple votes, it is making bad cases, and avoiding responsibility as soon as people post they were bad (as with your fishy case)
You're either stupid, lazy, or both if you can't figure out what I was attacking fishy over.

I specifically stated my reasons in my post voting for fishy, and when he asked what I meant I pointed it out before I switched my vote. I'm not backing off, I still find fishy scummy. I just find ek scummier and I put my vote where it does best.

And if you can seriously call ek's wafflefest about dgb 'analysis' then I guess I have a reference point for your standards.
Raskol wrote:
vote: Fish

For attacking Gayle on something I think makes Gayle more likely to be town than scum, but which might look like fuel for an easy bandwagon.
I don't think you should be namecalling if this is your argument, dear Raskol. Am I wrong when I say
you
are the one lazy here? This is a wishy washy reason, without quote, and this with later a
postnumber
is everything you say about fishy.

Seriously, analyze this (stupid, pointless, rubbish) argument. Fishy attacked someone for something that
might
seem a good point, but actually, as you see it shows that someone is town.

Seriously, that is not a clear point, that is a (stupid, pointless, rubbish) attack.

And now your GREAT Elvis vote. Your next hideout. Someone names on the pro's and cons of a player and then it is a "wafflefest". Raskol, you are very good at using great insulting words, but what are they doing else but hiding you have
nothing to say?
. You are only changing your play because someone said you didn't do a thing but copying people, and you simply are not capable of making a good case here. You simply latch on to the first thing you can find, if this is someone unsure about another player, or fishy attacking someone for a point that might seem good but actually isn't.

Raskol, you are scum that has the problem that he can't find townies to attack savely.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 am

Post by mykonian »

popsofctown wrote:Raskol seems genuinely cranky in a townie way.
If you let away every scum that insults the players attacking him,
but doesn't actually defend
, you are making this game way too easy. It is site-meta that people showing emotion (be this aggression or anger) are towny. This is known, but easily abused.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Though one. I'm still holding elvis under observation, and I'm under the impression that raskol is making himself relatively scarce, which is a bad, bad sign.
DGB, what happened to change your mind between this post (300) and 307 where you call me scum and raskol town?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

popsofctown wrote:Elvis just isn't all that impressive.
Good case.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:57 am

elvis_knits wrote:DGB, what happened to change your mind between this post (300) and 307 where you call me scum and raskol town?
I gave him a chance to say that mykonian was scummy but he passed. But now I think mykonian may be bus'ing him.

I think the scum should just come forward and name themselves. We need to simplify things.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

EK what do you think is the best stradegy for how to use the teleporter for this game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:EK what do you think is the best stradegy for how to use the teleporter for this game?
I like the teleport scum and pull town idea.

I'm not clear on the how it all works with which universe finishes first and all that crap. It seems like there are intricacies to how this has to work which I don't get.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

okay deffinately not seeing this as EK town play now.
Yeah it's meta based and orginally I saw she was absent from MS so her lack of comments was expected but now I don't see this as the overly vocal EK that is typically town.

unvote:
vote: EK
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't understand...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

How was my last post somehow anti-town or "not playing to my town meta"?

My early lurking was due to computer virus and the sucky site problems. Since I got a chance to catch up, I have been here, so this BS about me lurking or not playing to my town meta is such crapp. With TWO P's.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:How was my last post somehow anti-town or "not playing to my town meta"?

My early lurking was due to computer virus and the sucky site problems. Since I got a chance to catch up, I have been here, so this BS about me lurking or not playing to my town meta is such crapp. With TWO P's.
Unless I'm completely off my rocker in another game (which who knows I could be) I see you much more verbose in your thoughts and opinions on things. You talk a lot and have more details in your post then you have had here.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Rhinox »

myko wrote:what are your scumtells, when you are scum?
I don't have any :twisted:
farside22 wrote:
what are your scumtells when you are scum?
Oh come on this question sucks why should I share my scum tells to hurt me in other games?
I can already hear the people ready to lynch me for the above but telling people your scum tells does hurt you for other games.
idk I range with being quiet, lurky to talkative depending on the game. I do bus my scum partner on many occasions I can think of. I think I jump on cases just with a me too kind of post at times if I feel lost in a game and I don't know where else to go. I notice I don't try to motivate a game and I purposly miss things that are scum tells from my partner if I think they are safe from a lynch or being voted on.
Obviously my scum tell is on a wide range because acting the same in a game means people know you to be scum and use that meta against you.
Screw your other games, does answering the question help or hurt this game? If it helps, answer it. If it doesn't, don't. Why did you answer the question? I personally don't see how this question helps this game at all. It creates lots of wifom later on.
farside wrote:I don't read it that way at all. He is asking how you act as scum. Not everyone acts the same and people can use it as a reference instead of using the word meta argument.
I just hate it because I never like talking about my scum actions. Never. It's something I hold dear to my heart and don't want to share with the MS world (who do read games and look back on things to the nth degree) signs that I'm scum for later games.
Again, so why did you answer it?
evilsnail wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Wut?

Someone is asking what my scumtells are (along with everyone else's?)

No way. Why should I tell scum what they should avoid doing?
This post feels... off. As farside22 points out, sharing scum tells is not anti-town. Even if it did help scum in some way, it also helps the town find scum.

FOS: DGB
How so? I don't think it does.
mykonian wrote:pops, I have played one game with Flare where he feigned ignorance as scum. I rather have him trying to understand the game then hiding behind it.

Because I still like my vote on Rhinox, I won't vote DGB. But she is a very good second. Avoiding the 2/3 times. That must be a record. Now seen multiple answers, Farside is at least open about her motives (good).
lol not that I care that I have any votes on me, but what have I done or not done that makes you like your vote on me? I was V/LA until my first post in the game and I was just finally able to read the thread and catch up in this game as of this post. Check my activity across the site if you don't believe me and I believe you know I was just prodded in another game so....

Then less than 24hours later you do switch your vote to DGB for what you call a major scumtell but meh... I think you were fencesitting on DGB before and using your vote on me as an excuse to not vote DGB then... so do you view DGB as a threat to scum or something and you want to try to lynch her?
DrippingGoofball wrote:You know who'd be eager to give a list of scumtells?

5KuMz

That's who.

We should lynch everyone that answered.
This except lynch the person who asked the question first.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:How is it WIFOM?
I can say that when I'm town, I write in green text, but when I'm scum, I write in red text.

So I'll make all my posts green.

Am I scum? The answer is WIFOM.
thisthisthis!!
mykonian wrote:I agree
vote raskol

You completely forgot what you did with fishy, and went for the next target, with a less then spectacular case. Where are you going to run next?
hypocrite. you seem to have very quickly and easily forgotten what you liked about your vote on me. you're even on to your second suspect since me before I even posted to give you a reason to dislike your vote.

vote myko
for everything I said in this post

If you didn't read the post, too bad, I don't feel like giving you a tl;dr right now. Caught up now and hopefully will be able to keep up.

TO BOTH UNI's: This might go without saying, but in an ideal world, shouldn't we be scum hunting in the OU as well? since we'll be getting some of their players at some point, good to know what we're getting ahead of time. Also, if we help the OU kill their scum, it means we're less likely to get stuck with them over here. Just a thought I'm certainly not leading the charge right now :P
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by zorastermod »

CSL replaces ace5993
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by evilsnail »

I'm not seeing the elvis_knits case. The only thing that resembles a tell is the "claiming town" thing, but, as Plum pointed out, this is far from reliable. In addition, given what elvis was discussing at the time, it's perfectly natural to mention.
Rhinox wrote:
evilsnail wrote: This post feels... off. As farside22 points out, sharing scum tells is not anti-town. Even if it did help scum in some way, it also helps the town find scum.

FOS: DGB
How so? I don't think it does.
To start off, more info and more interaction always helps town. Unless the question is about your favourite type of fruit (pears), you're going to get something out of it. More importantly, a town player has every reason to answer the question (helps avoid mislynches), while scum has every reason not to. Evasiveness or deliberate vagueness can therefore be a tell.

Look, even if we suppose that scum are going to be able to come up with a coherent list of scum tells and then consistently behave in the exact opposite way throughout the game, you have 1) a point of reference and 2) you've put scum at a disadvantage, because you've forced them into a particular playing style, making them more likely to slip up in other areas.

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it seems to me that anyone can think that answering this question hurts the town and the more I'm starting to become suspicious of the motives of those who have treated it as a serious tell.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by CSL »

Yo.

Gonna reread tomorrow, when I'm more awake.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

evilsnail wrote: The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it seems to me that anyone can think that answering this question hurts the town and the more I'm starting to become suspicious of the motives of those who have treated it as a serious tell.
It is kind of ridiculous to consider answering the question a scumtell.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”