Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Day 1 Vote Count
ace5993 ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 2 ) mykonian plum
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 2 ) DrippingGoofball Albert B. Rampage
farside22 ( 1 ) gayle
fishythefish ( 1 ) Raskol
flareonage ( 1 ) popsofctown
gayle ( 1 ) fishythefish
Albert B. Rampage ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) flareonage
Raskol ( 3 ) evilsnail farside22 ojanen
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 3 ) ace5993 elvis_knits Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

Okay, so the server is actually working now so I will be catching up.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Raskol wrote:
vote: Fish

For attacking Gayle on something I think makes Gayle more likely to be town than scum, but which might look like fuel for an easy bandwagon.
Which point of mine are you referring to here?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

mykonian wrote:So really, arguing that this question is antitown, like DGB tried to do, even after saying she caught scum with it is scummy. So is avoiding the question.
I didn't say it was anti-town, I said (and I paraphrase and embellish liberally here) that it was a "time-wasting pit of stirred WIFOM."

Which doesn't mean that scum didn't take the time to apply themselves answering the question and should be lynched for their misguided effort.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DGB, help me. I don't want to read 11 pages.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:37 am

Post by mykonian »

popsofctown wrote:I think you're hairsplitting the semantics. She thinks the question is dumb, and no one would answer it. But since someone did, she thinks that person is scummy. It's like saying "Who wants a massclaim" at the beginning of a newbie is a dumb question, because it is, but if someon was idiotic enough to answer the question you'd have caught scum.
which is why I try to argue that the question is not dumb. And on that moment, more then 3 people had already answered, starting with farside who DGB had in her townlist. Seriously, why are you defending her?

DrippingGoofball wrote:
mykonian wrote:So really, arguing that this question is antitown, like DGB tried to do, even after saying she caught scum with it is scummy. So is avoiding the question.
I didn't say it was anti-town, I said (and I paraphrase and embellish liberally here) that it was a "time-wasting pit of stirred WIFOM."

Which doesn't mean that scum didn't take the time to apply themselves answering the question and should be lynched for their misguided effort.
What is wrong with WIFOM? Using it as an excuse not to answer a question or screaming WIFOM after someone makes an accusation are probably the worst use for it. If people for once took the time to analyze what it actually means...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:43 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm on page 6 and I understand almost none of the strategy talk.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 am

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote:I think you're hairsplitting the semantics. She thinks the question is dumb, and no one would answer it. But since someone did, she thinks that person is scummy. It's like saying "Who wants a massclaim" at the beginning of a newbie is a dumb question, because it is, but if someon was idiotic enough to answer the question you'd have caught scum.
Problem with that is 3 people answered the question and she says only 1 person did answer the question and calling them scum for doing so.
Talking about what your scum tell is stupid because........???
OJ wrote:So why did you answer the question anyway?
I answered it because I have nothing to hide in this game. I saw no reason not to talk about it for this game. My biggest problem with be those who will use it later in other games.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 am

elvis_knits wrote:DGB, help me. I don't want to read 11 pages.
We're lyncing evilsnail. Rationale: he's scum, knows who the scum team is, and will selectively kill townies at night.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
How is it WIFOM? If someone is lying don't you ask for links to prove that what they said about how they play as scum is truth or a lie?
Those who state how they act may try to stay way from their own meta. That is the WIFOM. But that means they actually have to try in a game instead of posting next to nothing (EK comes to mind) or following the crowd or hiding while lurkering, blah, blah, blah. Then most of the time scum trip up from talking too much. Either way scum found.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Thoughts:

Gayle wagon was horrible.
A few people talked a lot about strategy which I didn't understand, and a lot of people were silent.
Raskol subtly eggs on the Gayle wagon in 109 without voting her (scummy+)
Pops 129 on flaronage was good
154 evilsnail votes raskol for not voting (yay)
157 myko votes raskol (yay)
DGB not voting is weird

People suspecting me based on lurking makes sense... that is my scum meta. However, I had a virus on my computer and didn't post for a few days, and the site is sucking. Check my posting history.

Anyway... I don't see the evilsnail wagon. Has to do with him answering the question about his scm tells? That's dumb.

vote raskol

Reasons:
1) Involved with strategy discussion but not scum hunting/voting.
2) Adding pressure to horrible gayle wagon without voting.
3) SCUM.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

After reading the thread I still can't tell what the strategy is, so can someone tell me.

Pretty please?
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:After reading the thread I still can't tell what the strategy is, so can someone tell me.

Pretty please?
I'm confused about it too.
Questions: Gayle talking about RVS over stradgy and scum hunting didn't strike you as a bit scummy in the least?
What's your thoughts on DGB's plays so far?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:21 am

farside22 wrote:How is it WIFOM?
I can say that when I'm town, I write in green text, but when I'm scum, I write in red text.

So I'll make all my posts green.

Am I scum? The answer is WIFOM.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
Questions: Gayle talking about RVS over stradgy and scum hunting didn't strike you as a bit scummy in the least?
No. My impression was she wanted to play mafia instead of talk about strategy, which is pro-town in my mind. The strategy discussion doesn't seem like it even led anywhere, and a lot of players weren't even participating probably because they didn't know wtf was going on. I don't fault her for wanting to play mafia and disliking the strategy talk. Fixating on her mentioning RVS is kind of blowing that out of proportion. Did she say she didn't want scum hunting? I didn't get that out of her posts.
farside wrote:What's your thoughts on DGB's plays so far?
Not loving it. However, I <3 her.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:How is it WIFOM?
I can say that when I'm town, I write in green text, but when I'm scum, I write in red text.

So I'll make all my posts green.

Am I scum? The answer is WIFOM.
If someone is lying don't you ask for links to prove that what they said about how they play as scum is truth or a lie?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 am

farside22 wrote:
If someone is lying don't you ask for links to prove that what they said about how they play as scum is truth or a lie?
YOU are yourself not wanting to do this because it will affect future games, and perhaps other concurrent game. Are you arguing in favor, or against? Farside sometimes you make me want to smash my computer screen. You're lucky I think you're town, 'cuz you're driving me crazy, girl.

Also, I don't like the unqualified statement below where farside pushes elvis to find me scummy (omitting any specifics), and elvis responds "not loving it" with no rhyme or reason:
elvis_knits wrote:
Despite elvis' lurking being perhaps attributable to some computer virus, I maintain my scum read on her.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not defending DGB on all points. I really don't know what to think of her erratic play atm, it's bizarre.

I just didn't like your saying that she can't think the question is stupid and still find scum with it. She can. But yes, I know that you are arguing the question isn't dumb

@farside: I wasn't defending DGB in general, I was just opposing that one point where mykonian suggested she was contradicting herself. "she hasn't noticed that 3 people answered the question"+"scum skim threads" is legit formula scumhunting, agreed.

Write now I'm concerned DGB is going for "insanity plea scumhunting" by voting evilsnail on flimsy logic and encouraging e_k to skip the thread and vote with her, then shouting she already knows who the 5cumZ are when she ought to be defending herself.

unvote, vote DGB
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:10 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote: Also, I don't like the unqualified statement below where farside pushes elvis to find me scummy (omitting any specifics), and elvis responds "not loving it" with no rhyme or reason:
elvis_knits wrote:
Despite elvis' lurking being perhaps attributable to some computer virus, I maintain my scum read on her.
First of all I asked EK's thought on your play. I already stated I am not loving your play thus far and even said I wanted to vote you. I felt EK's response since she has been around wasn't good so I was asking feedback to see if there is a connection or not between two people I find scummy in some way
Also did you happen to idk actually look at EK's profile to see if she is lurking or not around the site at all?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

To be fair, I asked dgb to help me, so her telling me to vote for the player she's voting makes sense, and isn't scummy.

What doesn't make sense to me is why evilsnail is scum.

I don't see how the fact that evilsnail answered the "what are your scum tells" question means that he is scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 am

Post by mykonian »

Fishythefish wrote:
Raskol wrote:
vote: Fish

For attacking Gayle on something I think makes Gayle more likely to be town than scum, but which might look like fuel for an easy bandwagon.
Which point of mine are you referring to here?
Added to this that this post by raskol was made just after he was accused of bringing little new, this is seriously scummy. Attacking fishy on something that you just found (but couldn't quote?) and which already sounds meh without a quote...

This is just trying to look town by "investigating" something new.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yeah, that vote doesn't make sense considering his previous posts regarding gayle.

Where are my wag0ners? Come to Raskol!
Talk nerdy to me.

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:11 am

Post by evilsnail »

Still like my Raskol vote, though I don't think his Fish vote was
that
bad.

DGB is making no sense to me. :?
As farside points out, even using her own logic, her conclusions don't follow.

That said, I've always found her very hard to read. From what I remember from way back when, she's always kinda all over the place and she's definitely a gut-based player. So I'm not convinced yet that there is a very strong case there.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

"I've always found her very hard to read"? since January 23rd?

You are such an alt.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 am

Post by mykonian »

popsofctown wrote:"I've always found her very hard to read"? since January 23rd?

You are such an alt.
It is somewhere in MD/GD. Yes he is, but there is chance most of us don't know his main, it was quite old, I though. Before my time.

@Elvis: yes. I know. But what about DGB? I'll wait for the votecount, if you don't mind.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

@pops... he's vitaminR I hear... who is circa my joining date.

@myko... I'm not sure on dgb yet. I want to hear more about why she thinks evil snail is scum b4 i decide.

Also, dgb has almost flawless ability to tell my alignment, so her calling me scum is somewhat of a problem since I'm town. Maybe it's just because of my computer problems and she hasn't seen enough from me? The weird part is that even if she's scum I wouldn't expect her to call me scum. I've been in the situation where she's scum and I think she feels bad about screwing me over like that. Also she probably knows how I love to be buddied and she can get more of my bees with honey. So I'm confused as to her calling me scum. Perhaps she really does think it... indicating she's town? I don't know. It's a mindfuck for me.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”