Mafia 108 - Mafia With The Quickness - over!

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Dammit.

Elli, I'm policy lynching you from now on, because you and I are never on the same side. That said, great game. I knew Mae was too easy a lynch, but I couldn't really prove anything wrong with you. Should've gone with my gut.

Mae, sorry I lynched you. :(
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:56 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Dammit.

Elli, I'm policy lynching you from now on, because you and I are never on the same side. That said, great game. I knew Mae was too easy a lynch, but I couldn't really prove anything wrong with you. Should've gone with my gut.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Dammit.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Haylen »

YES
YES
YES!!!

I LOST AGAIN!
SO PROUD, SO PROUD.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I was loving it when Yos was so certain that I claimed to save Maemuki.

Truth of it was I was hearing a lot of lynch Zach talk and felt like Haylen might vig me even if you guys lynched Mae, so I went into business to save myself... haha.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Haylen »

Uhh...my apologies to camn, Gayle, Glork and Yos...wait til you hear the logic behind your kill, Yos *facepalm*

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Incognito »

I'll use this time to post the role PMs and role distribution:
Incognito wrote:
General Set-Up

Town

Tracker - camn
Roleblocker - Netlava
Supersaint - Gayle
Vigilante - Haylen
Townie x6 - SaintKerrigan, Maemuki, Glork, Annachie/Yosarian2, Bogre, Kmd4390

Mafia

Daytime Rolecop - Zachrulez
Mafia Goon x2 - Netopalis, Ellibereth

Role PMs

Town
Townie wrote:You are a
Townie
. You come into this game equipped only with your mind and your vote so use them wisely. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.
Roleblocker wrote:You are a
Roleblocker
. You have the ability to distract any player throughout the Night thereby negating their Night ability assuming they have one. Once per Night, you may send a PM to me with your choice of player that you want to block. You will not be informed as to whether or not your roleblock worked or not. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.
Supersaint wrote:You are a
Supersaint
. If you are lynched at any point in the game, the person who casts the final vote on you will also die. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.
Vigilante wrote:You are a
Vigilante
. Once per Night, you may send a PM to me with your choice of player that you want to kill. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.
Tracker wrote:You are a
Tracker
. Once per Night, you may send a PM to me with your choice of player that you want to track. If that player carries out a Night action, I will inform you as to whom that player targeted with his or her Night action. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated whether you survive to the end of the game or not.
Mafia
Daytime Rolecop wrote:You are a
Mafia Daytime Rolecop
. Your buddies are
NAME
and
NAME
. Once per Day, you may send a PM to me with your choice of player that you’d like to investigate. I will inform you of that player’s full role name. During the Night, you may use the following topic to communicate with your buddies: (insert QuickTopic link here). Once per Night, either you or one of your buddies may submit a choice of kill to me. You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of remaining Town players, and you eliminate any other potential threats to your existence.
Goon wrote:You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your buddies are
NAME
and
NAME
. During the Night, you may use the following topic to communicate with your buddies: (insert QuickTopic link here). Once per Night, either you or one of your buddies may submit a choice of kill to me. You win when your number is equal to or greater than the number of remaining Town players, and you eliminate any other potential threats to your existence.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Incognito »

And here are the Day/Night actions:

Power Role Actions

Day 1

Zachrulez investigates Netlava to find out he's a Roleblocker.

Night 1

camn tracks Gayle.
Netopalis kills camn.
Haylen kills camn.

Day 2

Zachrulez investigates Bogre to find out he's a Townie.

Night 2

Ellibereth kills Kmd4390.
Haylen kills Gayle.

Day 3

Zachrulez investigates Maemuki to find out she's a Townie.

Night 3

Ellibereth kills Glork.
Haylen kills Glork.

Day 4

Zachrulez investigates Haylen to find out she's a Vigilante.

Night 4

Ellibereth kills Haylen.
Haylen kills Yosarian2.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

By day 4 I had figured out that Haylen was probably the vig anyway... lol.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Haylen wrote:Uhh...my apologies to camn, Gayle, Glork and Yos...wait til you hear the logic behind your kill, Yos *facepalm*
Yeah, I really can't believe you vigged me, Haylen. That didn't make any sense at all; everyone knew I was town during the day there, even you; that was pretty much the least logical thing you could possibly have done. Of course, everyone also knew Glork was town.

Of course, Mae was town too, but if you had vigged Mae I think there's a decent chance me and Saint would have figured it out in endgame.

Just goes to show you, vigs are evil.

Anyway, good game, everyone. Very well played, Eli; I really thought Eli was scum earlier in the game; he did a really good job of looking pro-town later on, though, and he had me fooled.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

First, congrats to the scum!

Overall, I'm very pleased with how this game played out -- 3 player end-game scenarios are a dream come true for pretty much all mods. I had a really good time reading this one too; the fast pace and the level of activity was very impressive and made for a nice, fun read instead of a dull, boring game. I guess the only thing I was kinda down about was the fact that the PRs ended up dying so early on -- even the Supersaint didn't really get to use his ability here. I thought it would've been cool to see all of those roles interact with one another.

I'd really appreciate if you guys left comments for me and for each other.

Did you guys think the game was balanced?
Were the deadlines a little
too
quick?
Would you play in a game like this again in the future?

I think the one thing I would change would be to make sure the weekend deadlines are always 24 hours. I think it was back on Day 3 that the Day ran across a weekend, and I still had the deadline in a regular 96 hour block -- I ended up self-correcting that for the Day 5 LyLo situation.

Also, the scum can feel free to post their QuickTopic if they want.

Thank you all for playing and making this modding gig a breeze for me and thanks to Patrick for backing me up and reviewing the set-up for me!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Haylen »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Haylen wrote:Uhh...my apologies to camn, Gayle, Glork and Yos...wait til you hear the logic behind your kill, Yos *facepalm*
Yeah, I really can't believe you vigged me, Haylen. That didn't make any sense at all; everyone knew I was town during the day there, even you; that was pretty much the least logical thing you could possibly have done. Of course, everyone also knew Glork was town.
Actually, i think it was pretty good logic that I used.

I thought I would find scum through going back to the first kill. I did and asked myself the question: Who has played with camn enough to know she's a good scumhunter and a pretty decent townie after day one? Who wanted want her living to other day? That led me to analyse her games again and see who was in those games with her. You, Yos, were in quite a few. Zach was in one. And that works the other way too, she's played with you enough to know your playstyle and maybe meta you.

That was the first thing that bought up alarm bells for me.

Then we have your vote.

You took your vote off Neto when you replaced in. He and Zach were drawing for votes. You then said if you wanted to save Neto, you would've just voted for Zach. I'm pretty sure scum wouldn't have wanted their buddy lynched that early in the game. So i thought you were scum with them both.

Argue with that!

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Haylen »

Incog wrote: I guess the only thing I was kinda down about was the fact that the PRs ended up dying so early on -- even the Supersaint didn't really get to use his ability here.
I killed them all.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Incognito »

Haylen wrote:
Incog wrote: I guess the only thing I was kinda down about was the fact that the PRs ended up dying so early on -- even the Supersaint didn't really get to use his ability here.
I killed them all.
Well, the Tracker kill was a collaborated effort. The Roleblocker got D1 lynched. And yeah, the Supersaint was all you.

Wtg. :P
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Incognito wrote:
Did you guys think the game was balanced?
I can't help but feel that we lucked out big with the way they prs ended up dying. Seems like a lot to dodge. I'm not sure how much my role balances that out...
Incognito wrote:Were the deadlines a little
too
quick?
The pace overwhelmed me, but I ran into some rl issues during it and would have otherwise been able to put more time into the game. We seemed to go into parts of the game where people seemed to play it like it had more normal deadlines. I actually like the idea of games with this pace because you don't have to commit months to a game.
Incognito wrote:Would you play in a game like this again in the future?
Definitely! Thanks for modding Incog!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Haylen »

Incognito wrote:
Haylen wrote:
I killed them all.
Well, the Tracker kill was a collaborated effort. The Roleblocker got D1 lynched. And yeah, the Supersaint was all you.

Wtg. :P
Hey! I have a proud tradition of failure as town to uphold, took a lot of effort, but I think I managed it :D

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, I included the PRs that I did largely because I felt the Town was at a disadvantage due to the short deadlines. On paper, the game definitely looked balanced toward the town, but I think the deadlines counteracted that pretty nicely.

Oh, and I made the Rolecop a Daytime ability so that it couldn't get blocked by the Roleblocker. I thought that would help the balance out a bit too.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

What luck that I happened to actually find the role blocker on day 1.

I was expecting to have a heck of a time figuring out how to submit the kill there.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Haylen wrote:

I thought I would find scum through going back to the first kill. I did and asked myself the question: Who has played with camn enough to know she's a good scumhunter and a pretty decent townie after day one? Who wanted want her living to other day?
That's pretty bad logic. If I was scum, pretty sure I would have killed Glork. Besides, I think it's pretty well known that Camn is a good player.
Then we have your vote.

You took your vote off Neto when you replaced in. He and Zach were drawing for votes. You then said if you wanted to save Neto, you would've just voted for Zach. I'm pretty sure scum wouldn't have wanted their buddy lynched that early in the game. So i thought you were scum with them both.

Argue with that!
So, you ignored the entire fact that I was first trying to get you to vig Zach, and then instead I got Zach lynched even when you were hesitating about it, just because I was wrong on day 1 about 5 minutes after I replaced into the game?

The really screwed up thing is, I was actually right fairly early in the game; I thought there was a high chance Eli was scum with Neto who had bussed him. Not sure why I dropped that.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Haylen »

Yosarian2 wrote:The loss is entirely your fault.
Fixed.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Haylen »

Yeah. I feel bad enough already. I don't need everyone else telling me I suck. K? Bai.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I think you actually worked pretty well as an honorary scum buddy Yos :D
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Haylen wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:The loss is entirely your fault.
Fixed.
It's not your fault, Haylen. Eli primarally won because he played really well and fooled everyone, even though both of his scum partners were fingered as scum from day 1 by a bunch of townies.

Sorry if I came off harsh. I'm just getting really, really tired of getting vigged when I'm town, it seems to happen to me all the time.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I have no problems posting the QT if my scum buddies don't object btw.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Haylen »

Yeh, at least you can play as town though. I havent improved a little.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”