TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Every time he is questioned he just goes on about how Obvtown he is and his scum hunting is just voting for people who don't agree with how town he is. Now that he is realizing people aren't taking his word for it he has decided to claim to be a power role.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: V/LA until further notice—should only be for a few days at max. ISP has been giving me problems since early yesterday.

I feel that Jack has defended my case well enough and I still like The Quintastic One as scum, so
unvote Jack
and
vote TQO
The Quintastic One wrote:I agree with the suspicions of TheButtonMen & Strangercoug, since they both seem pretty scared of the possibility that we've already confirmed the cop and one townie. Notice I said possibility, not guaranteed.

But either way, I would vote for TBM, but I feel like StrangerCoug has been more active trying to stiffle the town discussion regarding Jacks claim. Sooo

Vote: Strangercoug
I either do that or allow rolefishing to continue. I picked the lesser of two evils.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Jack »

TQO, you never answered this:
TQO wrote:Unless of course you're encouraging me to believe you're no longer to be considered the cop, then you'd pretty much be the most scummy and worthy of my vote. To be honest, the fact that I still think you're a cop is pretty much your soul saving grace at this point.
Why do you suddenly think I'm the most scummy if I'm no longer to be considered the cop?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

Well before Agar pointed out Cougs and Buttonmens behavior, you were most scummy to me because all you've been doing is arguing game semantics with Coug and Cyanide over your guess of what the game set up could be. Then whenever anyone tried to assume that you guessing the game set up was scummy, you just kept replying to everyone that they are not reading the thread carefully enough.

But now that Coug & Buttonmen are pushing for my lynch so hard at this point because they are blind to truth, I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.

I only point out that I'm town in every post because you (Coug & Button) refuse to accept the fact that I am. I don't know how many more hints I have to drop for you. And I know nobody in this game is that naive so you're obviously scum in my eyes since despite all evidence to the contrary, you still want to push my lynch so that you have one less obvious night kill option to worry about.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In some games there is always this guy who blatantly overestimates his skill/grasp of game theory and gets offended at everything. I am unsure of your alignment, but I do know that you are this guy.
I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.
I am fairly certain you have found nothing.
I only point out that I'm town in every post because you (Coug & Button) refuse to accept the fact that I am.
Sure, why don't we all go point out we're town and accept everyone's town claim?
I don't know how many more hints I have to drop for you.
You have not dropped any hints, you only hinted having a power role (stupid!) and we are unsure if that's even true.
despite all evidence to the contrary,
There is not enough evidence to conclude that you are town.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Quintastic One wrote:But now that Coug & Buttonmen are pushing for my lynch so hard at this point because they are blind to truth, I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.
Could you show us where we are blind to truth? This reads as textbook OMGUS.

Mod: May already be out of V/LA—I'll confirm tomorrow to make sure I'm still not on this time bomb.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

StrangerCoug wrote:
The Quintastic One wrote:But now that Coug & Buttonmen are pushing for my lynch so hard at this point because they are blind to truth, I'm pretty sure I've found our scum.

Mod: May already be out of V/LA—I'll confirm tomorrow to make sure I'm still not on this time bomb.
This needs to be answered.

Sorry for the lack of content lately, I've been busy.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by AGar »

Vivi57 wrote:Oh wow, I completely forgot about this game. I only was reminded by an email that told me I had a new pm here.
Why are you dodging my question?
AGar wrote:@Vivi57 - do you play Mafia anywhere else?

PaltryExcuse wrote:@AGar: Why do you feel TheButtonMen has stifled conversation?
Posts like these:
TheButtonmen wrote:Can we stop trying to figure out who the cop is?
TheButtonmen wrote:
The Quintastic One

Let's not discuss sanities and try to get people to speculate on roles quite yet eh?
There's a few others that read as if he's trying to push people along and stifle people from talking, but that's just my personal opinion.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 pm

StrangerCoug wrote:

I've already shown you. It's not my fault you're ignoring it. And I'm not going to keep repeating myself. But for refeerence purposes I am posting it one more time. And if you still refuse to believe it, that's your problem, and I will be laughing my ass off at the end game when I get to tell everyone "I told you so" when I flip town.

1) I volunteered for investigation. I don't care if Jack is the cop or not, whoever it may be can feel free to investigate me and clear me as town.

2) I hinted at my role as a townie. And I will continue to give you yet another clue since you seem incapable of grasping it. I can PM one person at night (they know who they are), but my role states I do not know if they are scum or not.

3) I have stated that I am perfectly ok with getting Nightkilled in order to save the cop or doctor for a turn. Yeah, scum TOTALLY declare themselves as sacrificial lambs all the time to help the town, right? Stop being so closed minded and foolish.

4) And I've stated my argument that those who are voting for me are scum trying to lynch an innocent townie so that they can reduce their choices on who to nightkill, the townie or the suspected cop. I'm going to say that again, make it nice and big and bold it so that the rest of the town can understand this loud and clear.

Those who are trying to lynch me are scum who want to eliminate an innocent townie so that they don't have to worry about choosing between the confirmed townie & the suspected cop for a nightkill.

If you still don't get this logic, you're either A) Hopelessly paranoid or B) Scum.

So I highly urge a lynch of either Strangercoug or Thebuttonmen. I don't care which one, they're both obvscum since they are ignoring logic and just pushing a lynch to get rid of obvtown.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Jack »

You know, I think I believe TQO.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Jack wrote:You know, I think I believe TQO.
Bad logic is bad no matter how often or loudly it's said.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Please note in the above post all he does is A) repeat things he has already said, B) Claim for god only knows what reason and C) Appeal to emotion.

He's playing antitown as all hell and he is refusing to scumhunt, instead all he does is place OMGUS (and he admits its OMGUS as well) votes.

I'm quite happy with where my vote is.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Quintastic One wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:

I've already shown you. It's not my fault you're ignoring it. And I'm not going to keep repeating myself. But for refeerence purposes I am posting it one more time. And if you still refuse to believe it, that's your problem, and I will be laughing my ass off at the end game when I get to tell everyone "I told you so" when I flip town.

1) I volunteered for investigation. I don't care if Jack is the cop or not, whoever it may be can feel free to investigate me and clear me as town.
You're probably not the only scummy person hoping for vindication by cop investigation, if that's true.
The Quintastic One wrote:2) I hinted at my role as a townie. And I will continue to give you yet another clue since you seem incapable of grasping it. I can PM one person at night (they know who they are), but my role states I do not know if they are scum or not.
I am not incapable of grasping it. What
YOU
seem to be incapable of grasping is that we'd rather lynch a VT, which is what I assume you were bradcrumbing and are now stating out in the open, over a power role. We can afford a mislynch at this point (although we don't want one).
The Quintastic One wrote:3) I have stated that I am perfectly ok with getting Nightkilled in order to save the cop or doctor for a turn. Yeah, scum TOTALLY declare themselves as sacrificial lambs all the time to help the town, right? Stop being so closed minded and foolish.
Scum can probably afford losing one of their own too at this point.
The Quintastic One wrote:4) And I've stated my argument that those who are voting for me are scum trying to lynch an innocent townie so that they can reduce their choices on who to nightkill, the townie or the suspected cop. I'm going to say that again, make it nice and big and bold it so that the rest of the town can understand this loud and clear.

Those who are trying to lynch me are scum who want to eliminate an innocent townie so that they don't have to worry about choosing between the confirmed townie & the suspected cop for a nightkill.

If you still don't get this logic, you're either A) Hopelessly paranoid or B) Scum.
I am neither. You, however, are both. If you don't care about being nightkilled, then why are you decreasing the chances of that happening by attacking everybody attacking you? Heck, if you don't mind being dead, why do you care about being lynched?
The Quintastic One wrote:So I highly urge a lynch of either Strangercoug or Thebuttonmen. I don't care which one, they're both obvscum since they are ignoring logic and just pushing a lynch to get rid of obvtown.
Obvtown? Yeah, right. *blows raspberry*

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Zang »

I think TQO might be right. It could just be a scum trick but his (strange) logic does make sence.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

The Quintastic One wrote:1) I volunteered for investigation. I don't care if Jack is the cop or not, whoever it may be can feel free to investigate me and clear me as town.
WIFOM
The Quintastic One wrote:2) I hinted at my role as a townie. And I will continue to give you yet another clue since you seem incapable of grasping it. I can PM one person at night (they know who they are), but my role states I do not know if they are scum or not.
Noob town often think that a claim clears them, and will continue to harp on that fact until everyone believes them. TQO sounds like noob town.

Unvote

The Quintastic One wrote:3) I have stated that I am perfectly ok with getting Nightkilled in order to save the cop or doctor for a turn. Yeah, scum TOTALLY declare themselves as sacrificial lambs all the time to help the town, right? Stop being so closed minded and foolish.
WIFOM
The Quintastic One wrote:Those who are trying to lynch me are scum who want to eliminate an innocent townie so that they don't have to worry about choosing between the confirmed townie & the suspected cop for a nightkill.
I almost wish I thought you were scum so I could lynch you for your absolutely horrible logic.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Jack »

TheButtonmen wrote:Please note in the above post all he does is A) repeat things he has already said, B) Claim for god only knows what reason and C) Appeal to emotion.

He's playing antitown as all hell and he is refusing to scumhunt, instead all he does is place OMGUS (and he admits its OMGUS as well) votes.

I'm quite happy with where my vote is.
Vote:TheButtonmen

You just sound frustrated that the easy target isn't being lynched.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

jack wrote:You know, I think I believe TQO.
zang wrote:I think TQO might be right. It could just be a scum trick but his (strange) logic does make sence.
WHAT

THE

FUCK

have you guys been smoking? Let me get a rundown (all quotes below are from TQO):

StrangerCoug asks for what blind truth we are missing, he gets this as an answer:
I've already shown you.
He has shown nothing.
and I will be laughing my ass off at the end game when I get to tell everyone "I told you so" when I flip town.
YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR PERSONAL GAIN, YOU ARE HERE TO LEAD THE TOWN TO VICTORY (if you are town that is)

If you get lynched D1 it will not be you going 'I told you so, I am town', it will be us going 'I told you so, you need to learn how to play'. How you are playing now could not be any more anti-town, but seeing how you reacted to my banter your personality is probably weak and I expect you to apply some bs defense mechanism that somehow rationalizes your
AWFUL
play away so your ego doesn't get a dent.
Anti-town. And even if it wasn't anti-town, what good would you do as a confirmed townie? Your logic and skill is not up to par:
So cheah, go ahead and investigate me if you need a target. I'd love to get an early town read to help verify my innocence so I'm not constantly under suspicion.
Either that or he's completely false claiming to be the sacrifice for the night kill so that the real cop has an actual chance to investigate
Which makes me believe that those who are pointing suspicions towards me and going so far as to even vote for me are scum trying to get a lynch so that that's one less cooperative townie to deal with and they can try to strike fear in anyone else who would dare to try and prove their innocence and screw up their late game hijinx.
(SIR CYANIDE'S NOTE: fucking rofl @paranoia, do you also believe in reptilians and other outrageous conspiracy theories?
Rofl, you're right Jack. My vote right now IS on just an RVS vote. And well, since Sir Cyanide refuses to play the game, he's obviously no help to the town anyway.

So Vote: Sir Cyanide
You're no service to the town, so you're either a childish lurker or you're scum trying to purposefully distract from the game with meaningless insults. So my vote on you is fully justified.
...and that's without quoting his 500 claims of 'iamtown iamtown iamohsofuckingtown', bad theory and general confusion
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Btw, are jester-roles a possibility in this set-up?

If so that explains everything lol.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Zhero »

TQO wrote: My experience so far (without going into too many details of currently ongoing games) two newbie games on here (both ongoing, one I replaced out of) this game (ongoing) one finished game on Roughkut, and another ongoing game on Roughkut.

So basically, only one game is officially finished and that's on a completely different website. So I or anyone else shouldn't even be using any current game on this site as meta for or against me.
Cool, wasn't aiming to meta you, just wanted to get an idea of where you were coming from.
TQO wrote: But I can hint at my role if I feel I may be in danger of getting lynched right? I just can't directly say what I am.
Typically the benefit to letting the rest of the town know your PR is outweighed by the problem with letting the mafia know.
Vivi57 wrote: Oh wow, I completely forgot about this game. I only was reminded by an email that told me I had a new pm here.

This is my first time playing and I feel like I'm surrounded by players much better than me, but it seems like sir cyanide looks like mafia. It's almost like all he's doing is arguing. I can't really place my finger on it, but I just have a really bad feeling about him.

so. unvote; Vote: sir cyanide

(did I vote correctly?)
8 pages in and this is all we get? Thoughts on Jack's 'claim' and the TQO wagon would be appreciated, at least.
TQO wrote: So I highly urge a lynch of either Strangercoug or Thebuttonmen.
Why specifically them and not ConfidAnon and I? Both of us also had votes on you when you said this.
TQO wrote: 2) I hinted at my role as a townie. And I will continue to give you yet another clue since you seem incapable of grasping it. I can PM one person at night (they know who they are), but my role states I do not know if they are scum or not.
Definitely do not name your partner here. That info is better left unsaid.
TQO wrote: 3) I have stated that I am perfectly ok with getting Nightkilled in order to save the cop or doctor for a turn. Yeah, scum TOTALLY declare themselves as sacrificial lambs all the time to help the town, right? Stop being so closed minded and foolish.
Just to further what others have said here, scum should actually be happy to offer themselves up for NK sacrifice if they think it'll earn them town points, since scum of all people already know they're not going to be NK'd anyway.
ConfidAnon wrote: Noob town often think that a claim clears them, and will continue to harp on that fact until everyone believes them. TQO sounds like noob town.
Starting to lean that way myself..

Definitely wanting to hear more from Vivi here, more content please.

Unvote. Vote: Vivi57
-Zhero
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 4:

TheButtonmen - (3) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack
The Quintastic One – (2) – TheButtonmen, StrangerCoug
Jack - (1) – Zang
Sir Cyanide - (1) - Vivi57
Vivi57 - (1) - Zhero

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

StrangerCoug's V/LA noted.

Seeing who needs prodding.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Zang »

TQO-what Is the point of hinting at your role if it is "not so powerful", the town will either:

1.not believe you (goes with any power role)

2.not care, if it isn't so powerful then I doubt it will have any effect on the town unless it helps them in some way and based on the description you gave it doesn't.

But you could have a power that you haven't hinted about yet.

And sir cyanide-was that post pointed at me or TQO? And try to calm down
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Jack »

Zang wrote:TQO-what Is the point of hinting at your role if it is "not so powerful", the town will either:

1.not believe you (goes with any power role)

2.not care, if it isn't so powerful then I doubt it will have any effect on the town unless it helps them in some way and based on the description you gave it doesn't.

But you could have a power that you haven't hinted about yet.

And sir cyanide-was that post pointed at me or TQO? And try to calm down
He essentially claimed a specific role already. This post seems like you could be trying to draw more information out of him.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Zang »

I was just showing what I thought of TQOs claim, I don't really care what his role is.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

Zhero wrote:Why specifically them and not ConfidAnon and I? Both of us also had votes on you when you said this.

Because unlike what Strangercoug and TheButtonMen would have you believe, I am NOT targeting everyone who is voting for me and calling them all scum. That's statistically impossible. I can deal with you (Zhero) and Confidanon voting for me for thinking I am scummy. It's Cougs & TBM's false logic & super push for my lynch that's scummy.

There's a difference between your legit scumhunting, and their twisting of my argument to continue to favor their agenda.

It's like Jack said, I believe TBM is becoming frustrated because he's not being successful at lynching the easy target (me).

And I would be able to do an actual reread of this thread and do some actual scumhunting for once if I wasn't so damn busy trying to deflect suspicions of me. While people believe me to be scum, it would be damn near impossible for my arguments to hold any ground whatsoever because it would be viewed as just "scum trying to redirect suspicions to somebody else". I'd rather focus my attention on proving my innocence, so that I could be free to scumhunt without worrying about my arguments being manipulated by the scum and taken out of context.

But I think from defending myself in the first place, that I've already found our scum. Coug & TBM all the way.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 am

Post by AGar »

I feel as if we're just wasting time with this shit between TQO, SIR C and TheButtonmen. It almost feels as if all three of them are scum and just using this to distract the town.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”