Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Peabody »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Peabody wrote:As I explained before, during night 1 I began suspecting Raskol as possibly being scum. His deceptive meta on Mr. Suave caused me to begin this suspicion (aka the claim that MrSuave lurks as scum when in reality he lurks as both scum and town). When Flareon chose to vote Raskol, my vote was a mere bandwagon. I felt as if a bandwagon on Raskol would help me determine his alignment. Does this answer help, llama?
I don't buy this. You didn't talk about Raskol AT ALL during D1 (iso shows you respond to him one time about some fluff issue). You never voted/FoS'd him. Then on D2 you jump on his wagon completely out of the blue the instant it starts. The wagon started by obvscum Flareonage. The wagon had absolutely NO valid justification behind it. You didn't give any alternative explanation as to why you were supporting the wagon. You just jump on and say "go wagon go." If you were to wagon on someone who had been obvscum the day before or who you had campaigned to have lynched previously, I would understand. However, you cannot simply say "wagons are good, they help us get info." ESPECIALLY when you get OFF the wagon a couple posts later as soon as everyone points out to you just how bad the wagon is.
My suspicions during day 1 and night 1 toward Raskol were unvoiced. I understand that there is no possible way to prove that I suspected Raskol. The point is that my suspicion for Raskol wasn't very strong, and I chose to wait it out before actually voicing any sort of suspicion. When Flareon voted, I chose to follow, simply to see if other people will follow.

The point of a bandwagon is useless if no one follows you onto the wagon. Therefore, when people attacked Flareon for voting Raskol, the proper response for anyone with my 'bandwagon' motivation is to just back off of the wagon. No one was going to follow.

PS I'm still waiting for suffer. I'm not liking how it takes him so long to answer suspicions pointed towards him.

PPS Another afterthought, I'm really not sure if Flareon is mafia. Like I said before, his AtE's are really bothering me.
C'mon people it's party time, I like it, I like it!
flareonage-5-suffer, AlmasterGM, llamaeatataco, Raskol, Peabody
Raskol-1-Flareonage
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Or Peabody, you are scum with Flare. When the day started, he tried to get the failwagon going, and you followed him on it to make it more likely that the town would hop on. As soon as people realized that the wagon was so fail and pointed it out, you stopped, seeing it was pointless and tried to cover yourself with this "I was suspicious of him from d1" stuff. Except the wagon made no sense in the first place, and if you had even read the post you would have seen this. Except, as alamanatee says, you didn't do anything about your suspicion (even voice it) on d1. Except you hopped off before everyone had even posted, but not before people had pointed out how stupid it was.

^ would you say that that makes more sense than your excuse? I would.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, Peabody and Flareonage are obviously buddies.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

aww, I thought I was being subtle. :(
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Mod: Please prod anyone who has not posted since your last prod on the 22nd. Please replace if they do not respond.
Suffer
Suffer
Townie
Suffer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Suffer »

Sorry about the delay between posts. I've caught up.

Flareonage, at least make yourself useful in some capacity. Post a suspicion list, add some more information to this game.
AlmasterGM wrote:My take on Suffer is that he's either an asshole or scum. Since he suddenly decided to stop being an asshole, I'm heavily leaning towards the latter.
I'm flattered. I'm assuming you're calling me an asshole from my attack of you day 1. I usually argue like that to piss the other person off. Hopefully, if they're scum, they slip up and post something incriminating.

I didn't have much of a case on you, so I really had nothing to go on other than getting you to say something. MrSuave and Flareonage, on the other hand, were/are blatantly anti-town. I'm not so much trying to get something out of them as I am just displaying their awful play in a shortened form.
Peabody wrote:Suffer, can you please explain your spat with Almaster toward the beginning of day one? You said that you voted for Almaster to gauge his reaction, but then later you said you didn't think he was scum/had a neutral read on him. Why did you keep your vote on him for so long, especially when you were vocal about your suspicions on MrSuave and Torqez?
I didn't vote him because I thought he was scum. It was a RVS bandwagon that got a lot of people on it, and getting pressure on someone early is a good way to get out of the RVS. He got to L-2, made a post I thought was a bit odd, and I attacked him for it. I just wanted to see how he responded to it. The way he responded, in addition to his other actions in the game at the time, gave me a not scum read on him.

As for why my vote stayed on AlmasterGM for so long, it was because I wasn't sure who to switch it to. Looking back on it, it doesn't make any sense for me to keep my vote there, but that's what happened.
Peabody wrote:So what is it? L-2 is threatening or L-3 is not noteworthy??
The quote of mine you posted does not say at all that L-3 is not noteworthy.

As for the case on Peabody, I have to re-read. I'll post my thoughts on it in a day or so.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by Raskol »

Flareonage wrote:I like to hammer. What's wrong with that?
LOL...this is coming from a guy who just voted someone else for hammering.

More votes on flare now please, he's either scum or a complete idiot.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

yay more prods!

but really... Flare = scum. Peabody is most likely scum with him. I'm just making sure I don't get kicked, because I don't really have much else to say. Well, I will be
v/la Thursday through Sunday.
However, that's nowhere near the deadline, so it's not as bad as last time.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Peabody »

llamaeatataco wrote: When the day started, he tried to get the failwagon going, and you followed him on it to make it more likely that the town would hop on.
Yes, I used that opportunity to get other people on the wagon. I do not deny that.
As soon as people realized that the wagon was so fail and pointed it out, you stopped, seeing it was pointless
Yes, once I realized the wagon was a fail, I stopped. I agree with you on this point.
and tried to cover yourself with this "I was suspicious of him from d1" stuff.
Except, it was that I was suspicious of him NIGHT 1, not day 1. You are making it sound like I claimed to always suspect Raskol, which is not true. My suspicions began toward the end of day 1, but I decided not to pursue the suspicions and instead to lynch MrSuave, who was being very antitown.
Except the wagon made no sense in the first place, and if you had even read the post you would have seen this.
I read the post, however, I wasn't concerned with how valid it was. I was more concerned with a bandwagon on Raskol.
Except, as alamanatee says, you didn't do anything about your suspicion (even voice it) on d1. Except you hopped off before everyone had even posted, but not before people had pointed out how stupid it was.
You're right. I didn't voice my opinion on Day 1. I hopped off when nearly everyone decided to vote for Flareon. I don't see what's wrong with that, considering how I merely wanted a bandwagon on Raskol (and that wasn't going to happen).
I'm on the same side as you, Llama (assuming you are town).

^ would you say that that makes more sense than your excuse? I would.
Your post is kind of funny, considering you basically summed up what I said I did in the first place. The only difference is you assume I am scum, so I have ulterior motives from your perspective. It looks as if you are starting with the presupposition that I am mafia BEFORE you look at the evidence. I would urge you to first look at the evidence and then form your conclusion. My explanation makes sense as well, and I would argue it makes more sense because it is truth.

-----

Thanks Suffer for clearing up on my questions. I'll get back to you a little later.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Flareonage wrote:
Peabody wrote:
Flare, if you are town, you messed up badly.
meh, I'm used to it.

Sorry for wasting a day guys. Hopefully you'll do better on day 3
You could at least try.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

No, I start with a supposition and see if it fits the evidence. Then I start with the opposite supposition, and see if it too fits the evidence. If both fit, then I pick the one that makes more sense. To be honest, most of what you say makes sense. However, the one thing that bothers me is that you admit to having read the post, and that you didn't even consider how incredibly stupid/scummy it was. Are you serious? You didn't even comment on it. Also, you say that the one difference between us is that I assumed you had an ulterior motive and you didn't... Exactly. We both have the same evidence. What you posted. Why would you use this as an argument? Of course it's the only place where we differ, because your motives are the only thing in question!

Anyway, back on track: You seem like a pretty smart person. You also seem rather observant. So why did you not observe how fail Flareonage was, to follow your previous suspicions? You said that you didn't voice them, so obviously they weren't too important, (It takes about 5 seconds to say "I am slightly suspicious of Raskol) because at the moment MrSuave was being far more antitown... And then you go and do the exact opposite by ignoring the immediate scummy person to follow your Raskol suspicions.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Peabody - So what were your reasons for suspecting Raskol during N1?
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Peabody »

@Almaster -
Peabody wrote: As I explained before, during night 1 I began suspecting Raskol as possibly being scum. His deceptive meta on Mr. Suave caused me to begin this suspicion (aka the claim that MrSuave lurks as scum when in reality he lurks as both scum and town).
This was my first reasoning for suspecting Raskol during Night 1.

------

@ Llama
llamaeatataco wrote:No, I start with a supposition and see if it fits the evidence. Then I start with the opposite supposition, and see if it too fits the evidence. If both fit, then I pick the one that makes more sense. To be honest, most of what you say makes sense. However, the one thing that bothers me is that you admit to having read the post, and that you didn't even consider how incredibly stupid/scummy it was. Are you serious? You didn't even comment on it.
I know. That is a mistake on my part. I didn't connect the dots that Flareon voted for Raskol due to the hammer while he himself thought he was the hammer.
Also, you say that the one difference between us is that I assumed you had an ulterior motive and you didn't... Exactly. We both have the same evidence. What you posted. Why would you use this as an argument? Of course it's the only place where we differ, because your motives are the only thing in question!
Lol, true.
Anyway, back on track: You seem like a pretty smart person. You also seem rather observant. So why did you not observe how fail Flareonage was, to follow your previous suspicions? You said that you didn't voice them, so obviously they weren't too important, (It takes about 5 seconds to say "I am slightly suspicious of Raskol) because at the moment MrSuave was being far more antitown... And then you go and do the exact opposite by ignoring the immediate scummy person to follow your Raskol suspicions.
You're right in saying that my suspicions on Raskol were not very important. They weren't. However, a bandwagon on Raskol seemed like a good idea to me at the time. I don't know how else to explain it except for I was suspicious of Raskol during Night 1, and I decided to go with a wagon the next day. It wasn't a really drawn out suspicion, nor was it well-contemplated. It seemed like a good idea, so I just did it(regardless of the reasoning of Flareon's vote).
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

These people will be replaced in this order. I apologize to active players for the shoddy game performance.
qax42
SolemnJ
Suffer
AK47x2
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
AK47x2
AK47x2
Goon
AK47x2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 am

Post by AK47x2 »

Sorry guys, still here. More indepth stuff will be coming later, but right now my thoughts are that flare is very very scummy, and Peabody is much less so. Haven't ruled a pair out yet though.
"If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don't want to live like that"
- Werner Herzog
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Peabody - that reason is really, really, really lame.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Peabody »

AlmasterGM wrote:@Peabody - that reason is really, really, really lame.
Yeah, I agree. It was lame, but it's the truth. I'm not posting for entertainment. Sorry I can't spark it up a bit.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Llama: I kind of sense a slight jump in your case on Peabody from your last post. Do you still find Flare the better lynch? It looks to me like your trying to shift attention from Flare to Peabody.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Lastsurvivor wrote:It looks to me like your trying to shift attention from Flare to Peabody.
Unvote

VOTE: AlmasterGM

When I flip town everyone else is gonna vote you
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lastsurvivor wrote:@Llama: I kind of sense a slight jump in your case on Peabody from your last post. Do you still find Flare the better lynch? It looks to me like your trying to shift attention from Flare to Peabody.
My vote is still on Flareonage. I maintain that Flareonage is obvscum. If I had my choice, he would die right this minute.

However, activity in this game is in the toilet, so I'm trying to find some other things to talk about in the meantime. Namely, Peabody. I don't see what's bad about this.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Flareonage wrote:
Lastsurvivor wrote:It looks to me like your trying to shift attention from Flare to Peabody.
Unvote

VOTE: AlmasterGM

When I flip town everyone else is gonna vote you
You are ridiculous. Die now.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Let's see what the replacements have to say
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Flare: My post was at Llama, not almaster. I'm not defending you either, by the way. <.<
@Almaster: I see that with you. I just find that Llama is being a bit...thorough about it. Bit much for some discussion.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lastsurvivor wrote:@Flare: My post was at Llama, not almaster. I'm not defending you either, by the way. <.<
@Almaster: I see that with you. I just find that Llama is being a bit...thorough about it. Bit much for some discussion.
My mistake, I thought you were talking about me.

Either way, with respect to your point...if Flareonage is scum and Peabody is town, then Llama loses a massive amounts of town points. Otherwise, I think it's a null-tell. I may be biased in favor of Llama, though, since he agreed with me on the Peabody issue.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Flareonage »

@almastar

What are you going to do in the event that I flip town?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”