Teleportation Mafia Universe ONE (MAFIA A WINS!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Day 1 Vote Count
ace5993 ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
evilsnail ( 0 )
farside22 ( 2 ) gayle evilsnail
fishythefish ( 1 ) flareonage
flareonage ( 0 )
gayle ( 3 ) fishythefish farside22 popsofctown
infinis ( 0 )
mykonian ( 0 )
ojanen ( 0 )
plum ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Raskol ( 0 )
Rhinox ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 9 ) ace5993 DrippingGoofball elvis_knits infinis mykonian ojanen plum Raskol Rhinox
Total Votes ( 15 )

With 15 alive, 8 needed to lynch.
Deadline: 2/8 11am

When you all agree on a strategy, please outline it, and I will agree with it even if I don't understand it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zorastermod
zorastermod
Goon
zorastermod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by zorastermod »

@modIt also means that, after the first two choices, the town teleporter will never have any choice about teleporting or pulling.
Correct. Once the pattern is set in a town, it is set for that teleporter and any other teleporter that comes along. I realize the role PM was not totally transparent as to that fact although it's always what I intended, so I apologize.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

To the minute simulposting can be achieved.

Step 1: If player who wants to hammer doesn't have a buttload of time, one of the people on the wagon unvotes and he votes.
Step 2: Now the hammerers from each universe decide a time they can both get on.
Step 3: They browse GD a bit for about five minutes to make sure the server isn't in a laggy mood
Step 4: They decide on a minute and look at forum time until that minute begins. (forum time is available somewhere on mafiascum). Once that minute begins they paste their vote in and click submit.

Simaltaneous hammering is important. Otherwise I think we get a situation analagous to a 2 player centipede game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centipede_game The only
rational
choice is to lynch immediately.
ALL THOSE RANDOM WIKIPEDIA ARTICLES I READ ON GAME THEORY THAT NIGHT MATTER. Screw that homecoming dance, only losers went anyway.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Raskol »

Well, the reason I liked Kairyuu's plan is that it's the only one I can think of (within game rules) that has no chance of hurting either town and is sure to help both.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Flareonage wrote:
Raskol wrote:
Strategy discussion is necessary because what strategy we follow later, if any, will determine how likely it is that we'll reach our win conditions. For that reason, it's kinda important, you know?
Yeah but scum is influencing all that strategy talk
You know this how?
and they're gonna push for the town to do what they want
Wow.. so the scum talk about strategy, the townies are 100% silent about it, and we will all roll over and accept the strategy developed by these scum without analyzing it? WOW, we're stupid! Oh my gosh, how did I dress myself?

Or maybe you just needed to appeal to fear so you could opt out of strategy discussion with a kicker off chance of halting the pro-town strategy development entirely. (yes, i'm pointing an inky finger there)

I think the teleporter should just keep to themselves and do whatever they want with their action
Because if they get any input they'll filter feed on scum developed strategy?
You know, sometimes how true something is really does correlate with how convincing it is. Like my ability to talk, my ability to dance, my ability to fly. And whether creating confirmed townies is protown or not.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Zoraster, can I get a /color tag on the end of my last post?

done
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Thanks

Kairyuu, can't believe you actually asked the mod to give town more firepower because you didn't like it as it is >_<. That breaks like 9 rules of modding lol.
"Well, I..."
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Gayle »

Kairyu wrote:@all (Both towns, so someone please quote): If we decide to go with fishy's plan, 5th Day will probably be the most important Day to have the confirmed townie, so I propose a P:T:T sequence for both towns. It means we essentially waste our first pull on the first Night so as to not narrow it down by much, but in all likelyhood D5 will be endgame or close to it, so a pull at that point may mean the difference between winning and losing (also, waiting any longer to use the first pull and we might not even get to USE our second).
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Guys, I came up with this idea, totally on my own, and take all credit for it. Don't check timestamps, no, timestamps are evil things and they tell you lies, LIES. I'll put it in quote tags so it's all tidylike.
@all (Both towns, so someone please quote): If we decide to go with fishy's plan, 5th Day will probably be the most important Day to have the confirmed townie, so I propose a P:T:T sequence for both towns. It means we essentially waste our first pull on the first Night so as to not narrow it down by much, but in all likelyhood D5 will be endgame or close to it, so a pull at that point may mean the difference between winning and losing (also, waiting any longer to use the first pull and we might not even get to USE our second).
"Well, I..."
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

What Kairyuu just said over there:
Kairyuu wrote:Well fuck. That kinda makes any plan we've made so far rather unfeasible without modification.

@all (Both towns, so someone please quote): If we decide to go with fishy's plan, 5th Day will probably be the most important Day to have the confirmed townie, so I propose a P:T:T sequence for both towns. It means we essentially waste our first pull on the first Night so as to not narrow it down by much, but in all likelyhood D5 will be endgame or close to it, so a pull at that point may mean the difference between winning and losing (also, waiting any longer to use the first pull and we might not even get to USE our second).
I agree with this.

The key points of this modified plan:

1. Nights must NOT be synchronised. They should be out by however long it takes for everyone to see a post (24 hours at least?).
2. Town teleporters must claim when the other town is going into night 1. They will be confirmed (if short-lived) town in the other universe, and they will be in a better position.
3. Everyone wins - both towns will have a confirmed inno on day 5.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

/vote for it
"Well, I..."
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Gayle »

Sorry, my obvious active lurking strategy beat you two.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Ouch. Not just ninja'd, double ninja'd.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Oh, final modification: if the universe two teleporter is a muppet and doesn't claim, pull someone anyway. Then their teleporter on the important day will know we are pulling, and will claim.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Raskol »

@the new plan---I can live with that.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by evilsnail »

I can get behind that plan.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Raskol »

Fishythefish wrote:Oh, final modification: if the universe two teleporter is a muppet and doesn't claim, pull someone anyway. Then their teleporter on the important day will know we are pulling, and will claim.
If we're going to do a day 1 claim, why not have it immediately? That gives us better odds on the lynch anyway, and it makes this kind of situation avoidable.

If there's some downside to this I'm not seeing?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want synchronized nights on Teleport nights. There's no reason to stagger those one, and it dodges the centipede game.
"Well, I..."
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

The town teleporter claims when the other game is going into night. Our teleporter claiming now would only be acceptable if we knew the other game was lynching first.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@pops: I agree that that is desirable. I suspect it will be unworkable without affecting scumhunting, and I don't think it's hugely important.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Gayle wrote:Sorry, my obvious active lurking strategy beat you two.
Hay, Gayle, want to discuss the teleporting stuff? I hear it has to do with your supposed win condition.

Should teleporter claim now, Gayle?
"Well, I..."
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I don't see what's wrong with teleporter claiming now. I'm all for it
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Wait, nevermind. If the teleporter claims now the other universe will pull them and we'll lose our teleporter, I think...
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@fish: it doesn't affect scumhunting at all, it just creates a few days of dead air as one town deliberates longer than the other.

On second thought, it seems as though each town wants to finish second on teleport days. Then you get the incoming scumbag sooner, and can lynch it.

So those days the centipede game will be getting just within the deadline. Which is dangerous because then the server lags and we no lynch. (far worse than the laggy server desynchronizing the simaltaneous lynches.)
"Well, I..."
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Kairyuu wrote:@both universes(please quote): Teleporters should NOT claim now if we're going with this plan, and synchronized Night's actually ruin the plan. If the teleporters both claim now, then when one game goes to Night, that game's teleporter will be killed while grabbing the other one. It will be more beneficial to the town that lynches first, but will completely screw the second town to lynch out of their confirmed townie. Instead, the town that lynches second should wait until the first town goes to Night before claiming. Then they will be pulled over. Then, the second town should wait until the first town leaves Night . . . fuck. This plan doesn't actually work unless the two towns are on a different teleportation schedule. In that case, the first town to lynch should function on a P:T:T sequence, and the second should function on a T:P:T sequence, or a No action:P:T:T sequence (first is preferred). It should work out in the end. The only risk is that the second game ends before the second pull is used, but it's the only way to make this actually feasible.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”