SWN II: The Curse of the Nekomata (Game over!)

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

sykedoc wrote:
So its a sort of confirmation bias or something then? I know its WIFOM but man, its wrong. Mod could of though 'hey maybe I can make a bunch of town PRs and someone will try and lynch them because one "must" be scum'
And you don't think it could be the other way around?
Of course it can, but multiple people having PRs doesnt mean one has to be scum
Only one that I have any suspicion of being made up is ace. The others are quite obviously real, tubby/SSK especially.
What makes a PR real in a game where its obvious people will have them? I've seen people make up PRs to distract people. What is "obvious" about it. You never said that, you only said it was. Also why is a language post restriction more or less valid than a color one? This seems like a very closed thought.
SSK gets points for opening with the PR first, tubby for following it up before it was obvious what we were going to do with SSK. Also for not being timid at all about flavor.

Color was just wierd, and not one that really has a reason to fake unless people will assume all PRs are town.
So NOTHING that ANYONE has said made you think "this doesnt sound quite right?"
Really, no. It seems very par for the course for D1. I dont see anything that directly makes me think "he's scum!". Personally I've seen people White Knight more times than I can count and end up scum, but again this is a personal bias. I don't think this assures scum.
We must have a different definition of white knighting. Im going to make something happen though, especially if no one else will.
I copied this off of notepad... so.. not every one is filled in. Take with a grain of salt.
Ok see, you aparently have reads on that list, so what does it take for you to vote on one of them?

I actually feel like im getting somewhere with this, but I need to get sleep now, and have classes untill two tomorrow.

I really want to see ace post
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP: If you want me to put "TOTALLY SUPER SCUMMY" by your name I can do that. I mean if you prefer that to nothing XD
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Angryclowns2018: you are a fuckwad
homicidalrabit: Pot
homicidalrabit: Kettle
homicidalrabit: Black
Angryclowns2018: I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP: If you'd like I can put "Totally Super Scummy" next to your name. Although I don't think that's much better than having nothing XD
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

LlamaFluff wrote:Oh and if one of tubby/SSK are completely faking the PR, its tubby. Im thinking they both really have the PR though.

So no one (ace/fishy) can delay posting

Do you get modkilled if you break your PR?
Do you get a warning if you break your PR?
What is your role name?
What is the flavor behind your role?
Are there any limitations on quoting?

No mention
No mention
I think this question potentially reveals other aspects of my role, and I'm not going to answer it
I love pink
No mention, and I'm acting as if there aren't atm.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

[quote="DeathNote"On a side note, its going to be like this all game. See the LoS above me? See how there is nothing beside my name? Yeah....[/quote]
I'll put a heart next to your name <3
Eek
!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 am

Post by RayFrost »

lol @ sykedoc suspecting me for my policy lynch post, which was, IIRC, one of my first posts in the game.

IIRC, I also said there were going to be policy lynches in this game
in the sign up thread

Carrying jokes is scummy.

Everybody should lynch me for being obv scum.

Anyway, syke needs to explain
what
about my post is suspect.

You also seems to lack
anything
to say about most of the players in this game, syke.

Care to explain how you have nothing to say about these players? I know for a fact some of them have posted (before and after the LoS).
don't you feel silly now?
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 am

Post by DocPotter »

Ray. Why the policy lynch on Ace? I would have assumed it was an RVS thing but then you followed with the Kyle and deathnote dayvig thing.
Tubby wrote:Citing the time, will blow goats.
:D When we get to the end game I want to know what you really said :D
LlamaFluff wrote:
DocPotter wrote:SSK, Tubby. Out of interest are you two in a quick chat of any sort and if so do your Post Restriction still aply?
This is not important at this stage of the game
Perhaps not. To be honest I never expected there would be, but by god it would be funny. But the answer was non.
Ani. Is some mechanism that you can confirm or deny the restrictions? (Besides the obvious getting someone flipped) I'm not fussed what it is, just if there is one.
This is not something to be discussed at this point of the game.

Why would you think that either of those should be out in the open?
Actually I would think this is reasonable to ask. Ani could always refuse to answer. He did start right out asking about post restricted players, saying that it was important to his role if I remember correctly, so it is fair to ask if he has some way to confirm or deny them. After all if any of the Post Restricted players are scum Ani has already painted a target on himself. Answering my question, or even me asking that question of him, wont make that target any worse.

Again he must have thought it reasonable, he answered.

Ani: Cool.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm finding it hard to get my head around this game, sorry guys.

I do not have a post restriction.

I don't think it's odd that Sykedoc doesn't have much on people yet. It's early in Day 1 for a large game, and personally I don't have that much in the way of reads yet myself. Maybe other people are getting reads out of this, but I don't find it odd that some people haven't found much of anything yet.

Fishy's response to the PR questions look...fishy. With the other PR roles (except Ace, who hasn't said anything beyond the one post) having a mention of being modkilled if they break said PR, I find it dubious that Fishy's PR rules make no mention of whether or not he is modkilled for breaking the PR.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:58 am

Post by DeathNote »

What I got from fishy was:

Mod-
Whats your favorite color?

Fishy-
Pink, why?

Mod-
Ok, for this game, you can only write in pink. Have fun!

Fishy-
Sure, sounds cool!

Did you even bother asking if there was a punishment for not writing in pink?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

idk why, but I think Fishy = Pink Panther, and ace = VI role.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Fishythefish »

DeathNote wrote:What I got from fishy was:

Mod-

Fishy-
Pink, why?

Mod-

Fishy-
Sure, sounds cool!

I had no kind of control over the color. I haven't asked what the punishment is for not writing in pink. I was assuming that it was warning(s) followed eventually by modkill. I will ask, though.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:47 am

Post by sykedoc »

'
Mod: Can you delete my two extra EBWOPs. MS was being funky last night and I ended up posting it more than once I guess because none of them were showing up. Thanks

One of the reasons I don't like to post my suspicions until they're completely substantial is I don't like to be questioned about things I'm not yet ready to respond to. For example: I didn't like your post Ray because it seemed like there wasn't a fully basis beyond the words "Policy Lynch". I didn't feel like I got a legitimate reason for the post. You can fix this. That I can explain.

Many people on there, if its a small suspicion... I may not be entirely ready to explain it. So I generally don't bring out something like this until I am. So asking me lots of questions about this list won't be particularly helpful. When I feel there is a complete reason for suspecting someone I will bring it up. You will learn that this is my playstyle. I don't like to jump off the cliff without a parachute and a backup parachute, I like to make sure my landing it clear, and I want to make sure the wind isn't going to blow me into the side of the cliff.

I may not have something to say on everyone, but in all honesty, can you say that you have a contribution on every person in this game? I really don't. Don't expect me to for awhile. Its done when its done and its best not to hurry it. You can post and not raise any flags or make me feel a certain way.

What does it take me to vote? I want something that stands out. Lets say I have 5 scummy leans. I need something that seems to me that its at least a good chance they could be scum. I don't want to act on something that could be a misinterpretation. I want to act on something that's more likely to be scum than villager being stupid or D1 antics. If you show me something substantial and solid, I'm quite likely to vote with you. I've been killed for not knowing a particular role name when I was new to this site. They gave me a really vague hint on the role name involving one letter in it, and because I couldn't guess, they all wagoned on me. I ended up replacing out because to be honest I wasn't in the mood to deal with people who were entirely uninterested in looking at the fact that maybe I didn't know that role, or maybe I was drawing a blank. It didn't confirm me as scum and I wasn't, but everyone else thought the guy who accused me was a genius and therefore he must be right and I must be scum. I don't like silly things like that.

I welcome other questions as they facilitate productive discussion and this seems to be giving me some good information about the players asking them. =)
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Pomegranate »

DeathNote wrote:What I got from fishy was:

Mod-

Fishy-
Pink, why?

Mod-

Fishy-
Sure, sounds cool!

Personally, I find Fishy genuine.

--
[quote="sykedoc""]What does it take me to vote? I want something that stands out. Lets say I have 5 scummy leans. I need something that seems to me that its at least a good chance they could be scum. I don't want to act on something that could be a misinterpretation. I want to act on something that's more likely to be scum than villager being stupid or D1 antics.
If you show me something substantial and solid, I'm quite likely to vote with you.
I've been killed for not knowing a particular role name when I was new to this site. They gave me a really vague hint on the role name involving one letter in it, and because I couldn't guess, they all wagoned on me. I ended up replacing out because to be honest I wasn't in the mood to deal with people who were entirely uninterested in looking at the fact that maybe I didn't know that role, or maybe I was drawing a blank. It didn't confirm me as scum and I wasn't, but everyone else thought the guy who accused me was a genius and therefore he must be right and I must be scum. I don't like silly things like that.
[/quote]

At this point in the game a vote doesn't have to be supported by rock-solid evidence, because on page 8, there usually isn't anything that strong.

Regarding the bolded: Why must it be pointed out to you? Why can't you look yourself?

I don't see what the italicized anecdote adds. I don't expect you to vote someone for a stupid reason, but for a reason that makes sense, even if the person isn't confirmed scum.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Anon »

Sykedoc can you link me to some games you've played as town? I'll let you choose the ones that express similar behavior to the way you are playing here.
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Datadanne »

I dont trust my role.
Show
Acheivements:

- Won 400000$ in Mafia Deal or no deal.
- Killed 3 mafia members in his first 3 vig nights.
- Reserved
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Datadanne »

Also, i don´t have a PR.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

It's a bastard game, you're not supposed to like anything.
Eek
!
Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Datadanne »

Vote: Deathnote
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Where from, Datadanne? (Was it a random vote, or something else?)
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 am

Post by sykedoc »

Regarding the bolded: Why must it be pointed out to you? Why can't you look yourself?
Lol, sorry. I worded that wrong. I mean like I'll look, but if you happen to point out something strong, I'll probably vote with you. That's all that means. You don't need to point it out to me. :p

The whole point of the anecdote is to give you a reason for my playstyle. That's one of the main factors in why it works that way.
Sykedoc can you link me to some games you've played as town? I'll let you choose the ones that express similar behavior to the way you are playing here.
I spent a lot of time replacing into games and unfortunately the last game I was start to finish in I was killer. Frankly me posting my games won't help you much. I haven't played enough full games to really give you a feel for my playstyle by linking you to them. If i linked you to my last game that would do more to hurt my case than to help it. Feel free to look if you wish.

Regardless I try to play the same way in every game as to not differentiate between different personalities. I can go ahead and link you but since I haven't played in many games that I haven't replaced into, its going to be difficult to find this information, especially since my thoughts have changed (as listed in my wiki).

You CAN check my wiki but its not well updated and those are most noob games from me. If there's another way I can help clarify, please ask, but this particular request won't be very helpful. Sorry about that.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Datadanne
Datadanne
Goon
Datadanne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Datadanne »

He sucks at playing mafia, Nothing else really.
Show
Acheivements:

- Reserved
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 am

Post by sykedoc »

EBWOP: My last game will only make me look manipulative in this respect. Again, it does nothing to help my case, but if you want to look at it I can't stop you. I just hate looking like a psychopath :p
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:12 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Datadanne wrote:He sucks at playing mafia, Nothing else really.
So, you're looking for easy targets?
Eek
!
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Anon »

From sykedoc's last game. He was a SK.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
sykedoc wrote:I'm not voting anyone yet. I like to wait around and see talking first.
sykedoc wrote:Also, I wasn't trying to say I lurk. I was trying to say I wait around to VOTE until people talk a bit. Of course I'm perfectly able to engage in the conversation. I just choose to keep my votes to myself until a time I deem have enough of a read on people.
sykedoc wrote:I don't wish to provide too much because I haven't gotten a good read. I don't do rapid scumhunting. Some people do. Fonz seems to be into that type of thing, but personally, I think it takes reactions to events occurring for me to get a good read on someone.

As for your quesiton... I believe while the Fonz is aggressive and could end up "white knighting" to cover himself as similar to the theory stated by Rogue, I don't think he is at the moment. Again, I'm not fully sure about anyone at the moment, I don't have good reads on Day 1. Essentially, I feel Fonz is town at the moment. Rogue... I have no opinion on yet.
Basically the typical scumbag that is TOO careful to generate hate by not having reads or sitting on the fence about pretty much everything else.

Sykedoc's this game.
sykedoc wrote:What gives you the impression I'm not going to do anything? I'll converse and dig for information when I think of a good way to do so but most first day votes are baseless or based on something small and insignificant.
sykedoc wrote:And yeah, I can have zero reads. It depends on your definition of a read.
I believe a read is a valid suspicion. I have none to this point. Anything I do have is based off something i do not consider substantial.
sykedoc wrote:One of the reasons I don't like to post my suspicions until they're completely substantial is I don't like to be questioned about things I'm not yet ready to respond to.

Coincidence? I dont think so.

Unvote Vote: Sykedoc.
sykedoc
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
sykedoc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:46 am

Post by sykedoc »

Vote the way you feel. I told you up front this is how I act now and that game would only incriminate me. If you get me to L-2 ask for my role and I can make you look silly for crusading.
Show
Currently Modding:
N/A

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”