890: Cults of Darkness and Shadow - Game over!

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Chaco »

Answer to my question Start?

Also, if you were honestly suspicious of me...how did you forget?
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by startransmission »

Yep, you're right. I for some reason thought we had three dead scum, two darkness and one shadow. But there are two shadow, and I'm an idiot.

And I wasn't suspicious of you so much, which is why I said I had a null tell on you.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Faraday »

startransmission wrote:I don't want a lynch now, we have plenty of time. But I don't like the mass suicide tactic, and I certainly don't want a no lynch. Fuck a draw, town can win this today.
+ The fact neither of these plans will work and are horrible. How exactly can we no lynch and get a draw? If someone can explain this then I'd be all ears of course, or at least open to it, but um, I don't think it's possible.

Actually if we even TRY to no lynch one of the scum can just vote and it'll be game over. If we did manage to NL then they'd kill someone overnight and we'd be left in a 2/2 situation which would result in a scum victory.

Suicide plan is very flawed and I don't find the arguments for it very convincing at all.

dramonic wrote:Also, why are you not dead yet?
Why do you think Start would be able to answer this question? I mean, what exactly are you hoping to achieve with it dram?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Chaco »

startransmission wrote:Yep, you're right. I for some reason thought we had three dead scum, two darkness and one shadow. But there are two shadow, and I'm an idiot.

And I wasn't suspicious of you so much, which is why I said I had a null tell on you.
Okay, that makes sense I guess. So why were you all like "Oh noes I forgot about Chaco!" When you were suspicious of SnowBunny and investigated there.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:44 am

^I'm not sure I understand your question.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Chaco »

Why did you act as if you meant to investigate me when it was brought up later to only say it was a null tel and would've investigated Snow anyways?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Quickly people, post a list of your suspicious in your next post. Make it short.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Also, say if you are up or against the idea of mass suicide (a simple yes or no will suffice.)

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Chaco »

Mass suicide is a god awful idea, a simple no cannot express that.

Right now my suspicions are gonna have to fall on Dram, because, well he's been off the radar the ENTIRE game. Like really, I don't see Dram playing like this normally at all. Really odd to me.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Faraday »

Against mass suicide as it just.won't.work.

Well I'm less sure of start than yesterday, admittedly. But if he's legit then chaco and dramonic are the last 2 scum. So them two.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:13 am

Post by dramonic »

and if he's not legit and I or Chaco (if my guts is completely wrong) is lynched, he'll win.

Either way, the Shadow scum fucked us good.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Percy »

Another flash of light strikes your faces, lifting your gaze to the heavens. Time grows short.

Incantation Count

dramonic - 1 (startransmission)

Not Incanting - 4 (Chaco, dramonic, Faraday, Snow_Bunny)

The Ritual will take only 3 Incantations to complete at 6:00pm Wednesday the 27th of January (site time).

4 Incantations are currently required to complete the Ritual.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Dram, please answer the question. So start.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by dramonic »

start and chaco
no
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Chaco and Dramonic.

No on mass suicide.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Well, it seems it falls down between start being legit, and Chaco or Dram. Hmm...

My choices are start or dram.

We are supposedly on mylo, right? If we assume two Shadow members left (if there's 1 it wouldn't be a team but a SK, if there's 3 then town already lost) then we must lynch scum or we'll lost. However, there's another option. Actually, there were two options left, one of them being a no-lynch. With a no-lynch we would have be in a better position, imo. (Which, btw, gives Start scummy points, as he voted fast, maybe trying to prevent this). But as there's already a vote on play, we can't no-lynch now. :/

Then, the other option is putting up a double lynch. Dram and Chaco. Let's face it, scum can easily manipulate this, but given that we are (probably) 3 vs 2 in the edge of losing, scum can manipulate it without much problem. In fact, as soon as it comes down to three-incantations-to-lynch, scum can easily win already thanks to start's vote (unless, of course, start is scum).

Nah, that won't work, scratch the part about the double lynches. By the time that's possible scum can already win without us screwing things.

To be honest, my gut tells me start is scum. But, my logic dictates that the setup, as the flips have shown, would be kind of unbalanced for town without another PR.

@Faraday: Care to elaborate why are you less sure of Start than yesterday?

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Faraday »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Well, it seems it falls down between start being legit, and Chaco or Dram. Hmm...
There are more options than this, well at least from your point of view. You didn't even consider I was scum here, that's very odd. Also obviously it could be start + someone else too if he's pretending to have an innocent.

We are supposedly on mylo, right? If we assume two Shadow members left (if there's 1 it wouldn't be a team but a SK, if there's 3 then town already lost) then we must lynch scum or we'll lost.
Yer this is true. I guess 1 member could be possible? IDUNNO. Best to assume two though for obvious reasons.
However, there's another option. Actually, there were two options left, one of them being a no-lynch. With a no-lynch we would have be in a better position, imo. (Which, btw, gives Start scummy points, as he voted fast, maybe trying to prevent this). But as there's already a vote on play, we can't no-lynch now. :/
No lynch = mafia kill + force NL/double lynch and they win, no?
Then, the other option is putting up a double lynch. Dram and Chaco.
You've already pointed out why a double lynch probably won't work and if these 2 are scum there's no need to double lynch them as opposed to singly lynching them, although i'd give us near guaranteed odds of hitting scum I guess.

@Faraday: Care to elaborate why are you less sure of Start than yesterday?
Most certainly. Okay given the fact he's a COP the mafia/cult would be very stupid to let him live over night. He could obtain a guilty on them, right? This'd bring it down to a 1 versus 1 which I don't think the mafia would want, then of course a double lynch is possible so idk.

I'm not going to throw the game away and want to asses carefull stark's claim once again when I have more time and his reasons for doing so.

Snow what exactly was your mass suicide strategy, how did you see it working?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Faraday wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Well, it seems it falls down between start being legit, and Chaco or Dram. Hmm...
There are more options than this, well at least from your point of view. You didn't even consider I was scum here, that's very odd. Also obviously it could be start + someone else too if he's pretending to have an innocent.
Of course there are more options. I'm not talking about the team as whole, but as what to do today. Chaco and dram were the top choices in the survey, and start being legit is the other main point. That's why I mentioned it.
Faraday wrote:
However, there's another option. Actually, there were two options left, one of them being a no-lynch. With a no-lynch we would have be in a better position, imo. (Which, btw, gives Start scummy points, as he voted fast, maybe trying to prevent this). But as there's already a vote on play, we can't no-lynch now. :/
No because... No, wait, you're right. I missed something. Yes, you're right. We need to lynch good or die.
Faraday wrote: Snow what exactly was your mass suicide strategy, how did you see it working?
When I first proposed, it had one purpose: giving town a good chance of winning, either by mass suicide. Then, I realized it simply won't work, due to scum easily manipulating it. When I asked it the second time, it was more of a taunt. Scum could easily agree with it and manipulate the results, and thus I thought any one supporting it would be scummy. It seems my strategy failed.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by Faraday »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
No because... No, wait, you're right. I missed something. Yes, you're right. We need to lynch good or die.
[/quote]

Okay explain what you were thinking with no lynch, please.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Faraday »

^ tags are fucked but the meaning is clear imo.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Scratch that, I missed the last night's kill. I thought it would end in 1 vs 1 in the end, but it doesn't.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 am

Post by dramonic »

I'm amused by the fact I'm still alive while everyone one of you wants me dead :P

Honestly, I don't believe I have displayed scummy behaviour. Anti-town I agree (I guess my lack of presence will be our downfall), but not SCUMMY.

I need to slow down, all my games I'm playing LAME @_@
I'm a hoot
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 pm

dramonic wrote:I'm amused by the fact I'm still alive while everyone one of you wants me dead :P
I'm less than amused about that.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by dramonic »

If you are town you know me and Chaco are the remaining scum, what is there not to be happy about?
I'm a hoot
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't know that, Faraday may well be scum. But I have a better feeling about Faraday than I do about Chaco. What I'm not happy about is how I'm pretty sure you're scum, and you're not lynched yet.

I think we've all agreed that multi lynches and suicide pacts aren't the answer. I'm not sure what's left to discuss. Everyone seems to agree you are likely to be scum, and the day is dragging.

More dram incants por favor.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”