Mini 911 - Mike's Pizzeria Mafia (Game Over)

Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Votecount #8

Seven (4) - chamber, HomerSimpson, Cuetlachtli, Thor665
Idiotking (2) - Lastsurvivor, danakillsu
Parama (1) - DeathRowKitty
Cuetlachtli (1) - Parama
Thor665 (1) - Idiotking
DeathRowKitty (1) - SeerPenguin

Not Voting (2) - Seven, DiamondCrash

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: 11:00PM U.S. Central Time, Saturday, January 30, 2010
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Thor665 »

SeerPenguin wrote:you just give a joke reasoning, so you jumping on someone for it in Day 2 when random joke reasoning shouldn't be used, isn't hypocrisy.
SeerPenguin wrote:and you decide that his hypocrisy in this matter doesn't matter because it was only joking hypocrisy. There's a flaw in your logic there. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
Something isn't gelling here for me as these appear to be two concepts that cannot both be true. A joke reason that is later hypocritically ignored will either serve to be hypocrisy or it will not. You seem to be shifting your logic around at any given moment just to keep pushing the concept that DRK is scum.

Re: your theory question - When I very first started playing Mafia I was very much of the belief that Day 1 should *always* go to deadline to maximize the ability for town to get reads on people via conversation. Since then I've become a bit more relaxed on this and tend to be okay with a lynch as long as I feel everyone has contributed enough for me to feel some sort of read on them is there for Day 2. I personally haven't noted an obligation to reach deadline for a lynch on this site (but I've only played in two games besides this one - I've been part of 5 lynches only one of which was a deadline induced lynch)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

(my apologies for the double post - I blame Dragonfly13 because he's not likely to defend himself)

@Seven
@DiamondCrash

Day 1 ends in seven real life days and I can't help but note that neither of you are currently voting for anyone. If we were a few days closer to deadline and you had to be getting votes out now who is it you would currently vote for and why?
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Thor, my arguments are based on the fact that I feel that DRK was legitimizing a random vote, I don't feel that you were trying to (The reasons are VERY different, go back and look at them.) do so. If we can't agree on this point, so be it.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084918#2084918]I don't need a signature...[/url]
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Thor, my arguments are based on the fact that I feel that DRK was legitimizing a random vote, I don't feel that you were trying to (The reasons are VERY different, go back and look at them.) do so. If we can't agree on this point, so be it.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084918#2084918]I don't need a signature...[/url]
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Sorry, was having some major site problems earlier.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

SeerPenguin wrote:Thor, my arguments are based on the fact that I feel that DRK was legitimizing a random vote, I don't feel that you were trying to (The reasons are VERY different, go back and look at them.) do so. If we can't agree on this point, so be it.
Well, clearly I don't agree with you, but that's not really the issue. As quoted in my above post you at one point said whether or not DRK was joking - it was still hypocrisy because hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

I then outlined an identical situation with me and you decided it was not hypocrisy because I was joking. So joking hypocrisy is apparently not hypocrisy.

I'm just pointing out the incongruity in your internal logic on this point.
DiamondCrash
DiamondCrash
Goon
DiamondCrash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:46 am

Post by DiamondCrash »

Thor665 wrote:If we were a few days closer to deadline and you had to be getting votes out now who is it you would currently vote for and why?
I'd probably end up going for Seven. Just to keep the thing moving, I suppose.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

Just to keep the thing moving? Does that mean you don't consider him a worthwhile suspect? You're allowed to offer your own opinions - many people consider it helpful to the town process of finding scum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Meh, I don't have a great case on Parama. I basically just think he's scum. Here's what I do have on him:
  • He latched on to SP's suspicion of me early on.
  • When SP's attack on me was waning and Thor fought back against SP, Parama dropped his attack on me and said SP was scummy.
  • He's said a few times he thinks Seven and SP are scumbuddies, yet he hasn't voted for either at any point in this game (staying off of a potential mislynch?)
  • Gut. I don't know why. I'm not sure I care why. He just seems scummy to me. Vote me if you don't like it.
Also, in case anyone here is stalking me, yes I had time to post here yesterday. I didn't because it was taking forever for pages to load and I decided to only post in one game.
Dragonfly13
Dragonfly13
Goon
Dragonfly13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Dragonfly13 »

Panzerjager replaces chamber!
Idiotking and danakillsu have been prodded.
Need [color=blue]0[/color] replacement(s) for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13188]Mini 911[/url].
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

At least DRK admits that the Parama case is fairly weak, so I don't feel crazy.

Welcome to our game panzerkitty!
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Seven wrote:
Cuetlachtli:

I just noticed how early on you stated this: "Seems like Seven is trying to free SP, a potential scum buddy, of some early pressure. Its strange to me that Seven would take issue to DRK voting SP when he himself voted Chamber for very similar reasons." [ISO 3]

At this point in the game I think that was the only thing I had said linking me to SP. It was RVS, and I did think it was weird considering DRKs reasoning that he would choose to vote SP over you without saying why. Despite this I didn't think it meant anything at the time and the question was a joke. Considering how the game has unfolded I think it could be relevant now. The fact that I eventually ended up siding with SP for various reasons is circumstancial. I did "defend" him later on, as you called it, by answering for him. But my RVS question does not defend him in any way that I can perceive. I was curious, but I didn't push the matter further until now. I want to know how, at that stage in the game, you already thought I was defending SP when there was no real reason to believe so?

In ISO 5 you said I tried to diffuse DRK and SPs argument which is true. I'm not the only person who thinks the argument was distracting and useless for the purposes of hunting. You said later on in response to Parama's accusations that they eventually stopped fighting and so it was no threat to the hunt, but you fail to acknowledge the reason they stopped bickering in the first place which is because some of us pointed out that it was leading nowhere. I think it's strange that you would encourage their argument. You say it could lead to tells. So I want to know what you were able to gather from the DRK/SP argument?

Not only did you start the 7/SP lynch-chain, but now you're adding Parama as a third lynch. I can't express enough how scummy this is. You started off by tunneling on me for mediocre reasons (I think in general everyone has had good reasons for their votes, yours seems to be one of the weaker ones) and now you're trying to have everyone focus on SP and Parama next, with hardly anything to base your arguments on (in the case of Par, at least). In what circumstance do you think it's beneficial to set up your next three lynches?
Seven, I hope you realize I have already answered your first two questions in previous posts.

Question 1, my ISO 3
In my one and only game on this site, I was scum. On D1, my scum buddy was being pressured and I tried to divert attention away from him by asking his attacker why he was ignoring another player who was displaying relatively the same behavior as my scum buddy. After my scum buddy was lynched, the town realized my scum slip and I was, in turn, lynched.

I believe there may be some diverting going on in this game. As you know, DRK voted SP and FoSed me for confirming at the same time. Really, this shouldn't be a big deal. Its RVS, therefore votes or FoS shouldn't be taken seriously. But it seems like one player did take DRK's vote seriously. After DRK voted for SP, Seven emulated DRK's reasoning for voting SP by voting Chamber because he was the "last to confirm." This maybe an early Scum attempting to buddy Town tactic. Right after Seven voted Chamber, he asked DRK a direct question:

"DRK: Why vote SeerPenguin and not Cuetlachtli? Do you have something against penguins?"

Seems like Seven is trying to free SP, a potential scum buddy, of some early pressure. Its strange to me that Seven would take issue to DRK voting SP when he himself voted Chamber for very similar reasons.

That said...vote: Seven
Question 2, my ISO 7
SP claimed that DRK had been pushing suspicion on anyone; meaning, FMPOV, that DRK had been trying to make cases on multiple people. I reread the thread and decided that DRK had only been pushing suspicion on SP only. I asked SP to cite where DRK had pushed suspicion on people because I knew that DRK had only pushed suspicion on SP and I wanted to get his reaction. What I got was both you and SP's reactions and they both were fail. Both of you only cited where DRK had pushed suspicion on SP. No where did I find where DRK had pushed suspicion on other people. Thus, I think SP's initial claim was an example of the straw man fallacy. The straw man fallacy is an attack of an exaggerated position. SP exaggerated DRK's position by claiming that he had been pushing suspicion on anyone. In actuality, DRK had only pushed suspicion on SP himself.
Now on to your third question...

Not only did you start the 7/SP lynch-chain, but now you're adding Parama as a third lynch. I can't express enough how scummy this is. You started off by tunneling on me for mediocre reasons (I think in general everyone has had good reasons for their votes, yours seems to be one of the weaker ones) and now you're trying to have everyone focus on SP and Parama next, with hardly anything to base your arguments on (in the case of Par, at least). In what circumstance do you think it's beneficial to set up your next three lynches?

First off, I believe everyone that is voting/FoS you is doing it for the same reasons I am voting you. That said, how are their reasons good and my reasons mediocre?

Ok now my case on Par:

Well besides Par misrepresenting my attack on SP's fallacious statement about DRK earlier, let me point out some other stuff that Par has done that I see as scummy.

Par ISO 12-13

Par advocates a policy lynch on Flareonage based on his meta. Par argues that Flareonage is basically a fail player and is always anti-town regardless of his alignment. What Par ignores is that a policy lynch is also anti-town because lynching solely based on meta means that we have only a 25% chance of hitting scum.

Par ISO 11

Early buddying with SP and a FoS on DRK.

Par ISO 16

More DRK bashing. Says he is bothered by my vote on Seven, thinks its fallacious logic. Yet states that there might be a Seven-SP scum team. This contradiction really perplexes me.

Par ISO 17

I can't tell whether Par is scumhunting here or giving advise to scum-teammate Seven. Regardless, Par says that my posts have been odd, but immediately contradicts himself by FoSing Seven and SP.

Par ISO 18

Misrepresents all of my arguments, contradicts himself by ignoring his previous FoSes on Seven and SP (which he got from my arguments), and finally commits a vote on me. Also, gives more advise to Seven.

Par ISO 20

Says he isn't getting town vibes from anyone, which basically means he is open to lynch anyone, as long as they aren't his scum buddies. Says he thinks you, Seven, are scummy, but says that I am scummier. This ignores the fact that the reason he thinks you are scummy is because I have pointed out your scummy behavior. This logic does not make sense to me at all.

In what circumstance do you think it's beneficial to set up your next three lynches?

Well if we do lynch you, Seven, and you do flip scum, I think its good for the town to know who I FoS in case I am Night Killed. I think the more content you can provide while you are able, the better for the town. If you are ever NKed or lynched, the town can always go back and analyze your previous posts and hopefully it will provide them with some useful insights into the game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:When SP's attack on me was waning and Thor fought back against SP, Parama dropped his attack on me and said SP was scummy.
This can't be totally accurate since to my mind he seemed to be attacking SP primarily in Post 142 which was shortly prior to when I started launching into SP. I will agree that his initial commentary towards the DRK/SP squabble seemed to have stronger language then it has recently.

Your first point against him (his quick latching onto SP's logic) seems the most potentially damning to suggest he is scum. Yet I don't see a lot of evidence in his play of follow the leader mentality and he certainly has done a fair bit of the legwork on Cuex.

@Homer Simpson - what do you think of This Post by Diamond Crush? I read a certain amount of follow the leader, an avoidance of giving any reasons for the vote, and a lack of any showing of actual scum hunting. What is your read of it, and perhaps your read of my read as well?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Idiotking »

My apologies for my absence, folks, I've been busy. I'll catch up by tomorrow. If my mood of Seven doesn't change, then I'll probably up my FOS to a vote.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I was busy today guys, sorrrryyyy.

A thread reread will be done tomorrow, for sure.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Seven
Seven
Goon
Seven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Seven »

Sorry I've been away. Reply tomorrow as well.
"You smell like carnies and grade 9 date night."
Town (W/L): 1/2
Mafia (W/L): 1/0
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:51 am

Post by PJ. »

Hi guys, Kitty Tank reporting for duty.

I like all of the attention that 7 received for the tells that he seemed to be literally gushing from him at one point(defending SP, answering his questions, generally acting that SP being lynched would throw a wrench into the plan), but if we're gonna act on these suspicions, I'd much rather see SeerPenguin getting the pressure here. He has ALOT more ties and if he flips scum we narrow the field to like 3-4 players that he would be scum with. I think with his mutual defending of 7, how sensitive he got with DRK, and the whole "leaving out the word random" thing he did with Thor - which seemed like a faux-breadcrumb or poor gambit that he tried to make meaningful to try to legitimize his bad point, I think we have plenty to go on.

I would also like to bring something up that was either deemed unimportant or just forgotten about, Danakillsu post 184:
danakillsu wrote:
Your bad argument is scummy to me.
How so? Does a perceived inability to back up my statements necessarily make me scum any more than being aggressive makes Idiotking scum?
I don't remember who this question was originally addressed to and nor do I care because I believe it has been answered. The question in and of itself is completely ridiculous. He's asking "Is my lack of case more scummy than Idiotkings playstyle?". And yes of course, because he is logically aggressive and you're blindly throwing accusations. This post coupled with the fact that you pretty much asked Idiotking and someone else(the specific player eludes me) to defend against cases you never made, which is asking them to build your case for you. The burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused. This behavior seems completely anti-town and right now I'm reading like a scum was trying to lazily shift the wagon.

I'm gonna
vote:Danakillsu
and
Major FoS: SeerPenguin
. If the town decides to go with SeerPenguin pressure, you can count on my vote switching.

And to be complete my reads below:

~Townish~
Thor
Cuetlachtli
Idiotking
~Neutral~
Homer
Diamond Crash
Lastsurvivor
DeathRowKitty
~Scummish~
Parama
Seven
SeerPenguin
Danakillsu
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 am

Post by danakillsu »

I have very limited weekend access, so I wasn't trying to lurk.
unvote
because I'll definitely admit my case against Idiotking wasn't the strongest. We only have ten pages to look at anyway. I'll have to reread to figure out who I think is the scummiest now.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:18 am

Post by danakillsu »

Having read the thread many times, I have difficulty coming up with a strong contender for the scummiest player. I'll have to wait for further developments to vote. However, I can say for sure that Seven is a bad candidate. Seven has said the absolute least suspicious things of all of us including myself.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Parama »

danakillsu wrote:Having read the thread many times, I have difficulty coming up with a strong contender for the scummiest player. I'll have to wait for further developments to vote. However, I can say for sure that Seven is a bad candidate. Seven has said the absolute least suspicious things of all of us including myself.
This honestly comes off as scum defending other scum. I would not be able to say that Seven is the least suspicious person in this game - far from it - an I don't see what you're seeing in him.
Panzer - just wondering, you list me among your scum suspicions without even mentioning me in your post. What's your reasoning for labeling me as scummish?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

K, did a reread. Nothing I really picked up on that wasn't said before. I wouldn't really say that Seven is the best lynch right now, since he can actually respond to people and is at least trying to be protown. I kind of get fishy stuff from what Seven says (nothing that hasn't been pointed out before), but at least there's effort.

I get vibes that DC's trying to blend in atm, but he's only been in for like a week. I still stand by my opinion on Dana, also.

School has officially started, so I'm hoping that I'll be more active from now on.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

As a general note I will be away the bulk of Saturday and will probably not post at all that day. I'll solidify whatever wagon I wish to be part of on Friday but if anyone is planning to make any last day brilliant observations please schedule them 24 hours earlier if possible.
Panzerjager wrote:Hi guys, Kitty Tank reporting for duty.
Hi...Kitty Tank...I shall call you Panzer...
Panzerjager wrote:I'd much rather see SeerPenguin getting the pressure here. He has ALOT more ties and if he flips scum we narrow the field to like 3-4 players that he would be scum with. I think with his mutual defending of 7, how sensitive he got with DRK, and the whole "leaving out the word random" thing he did with Thor - which seemed like a faux-breadcrumb or poor gambit that he tried to make meaningful to try to legitimize his bad point, I think we have plenty to go on.
I am not in real disagreement with you on this issue. Seven has been seeming to work hard to try to do something in a pro town light and my conversations with Seer Penguin have felt a bit like shadowboxing as I never seem to really get to connect with anything solid. His odd shifting around DRK's push on Parama also read as off to me (he says he doesn't disagree with them but thinks they are weird, and then when DRK admits there's nothing there SP is like 'ah good, I'm not crazy'...but he apparently agreed with them already.)

@Panzerjager (and everyone) - considering Seven's claim of vanilla what value do you see in keeping him alive at this point? If he had claimed town I would probably switch to a SP vote pretty readily at this stage, but I see no value in keeping a claimed vanilla alive who has a fair slate of scum tells attached. Thoughts?

@ SeerPenguin - specifically what parts of DRKs case on Parama did you agree with and why?
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Idiotking »

I was planning on voting Seven since my opinion of his play hasn't changed after my reread, but dana basically admitted to having pursued a case against me that was flawed. This admission, coupled with the fact that he has now stated that he can't figure out someone who is scummy after eleven pages and a significant number of scumtells from several parties, leads me to conclude that he is trying to get out of the spotlight, especially since he shows no interest in scumhunting ("I'll wait for further developments to vote" seems to indicate that he's not going to try making developments of his own).

Vote danakillsu

Interestingly, he says he read the thread "many times", but the post in which he said this was posted 28 minutes after he said he would reread. Granted, the thread is only eleven pages long, but I doubt one could read the entire thread "many times" in half an hour.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 am

Post by PJ. »

danakillsu wrote:I have very limited weekend access, so I wasn't trying to lurk.
unvote
because I'll definitely admit my case against Idiotking wasn't the strongest. We only have ten pages to look at anyway. I'll have to reread to figure out who I think is the scummiest now.
No, the problem it wasn't a fucking case. There was no case.

No Case =/= Weak Case

Parama wrote:
danakillsu wrote:Having read the thread many times, I have difficulty coming up with a strong contender for the scummiest player. I'll have to wait for further developments to vote. However, I can say for sure that Seven is a bad candidate. Seven has said the absolute least suspicious things of all of us including myself.
Panzer - just wondering, you list me among your scum suspicions without even mentioning me in your post. What's your reasoning for labeling me as scummish?
Cuet's post 262. I'm in agreement with this.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”