Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Heilograph »

I dont really much other choice. This is the wagon of choice.
vote kirbyoshi
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Faraday »

Kirbo should probably claim at next convenience.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Furry »

As soon as possible if not sooner. I have a medium chance of not being able to get in any posts tomorrow and would like to comment on the claim before we lynch/dont lynch
Temporary unretired alt
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (0)
-
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (0)
-
Sir Chris (2)
- don_johnson, Kirbyoshi
kunkstar7 (0)
-
Faraday (0)
-
don_johnson (0)
-
Kirbyoshi (5)
- Sir Chris, Furry, kunkstar7, mikeburnfire, Heilograph
mikeburnfire (0)
-
Heilograph (2)
- cruelty, Faraday
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (1)
- CrueKnight

10 players alive, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is January 22, ~10:00 pm MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by don_johnson »

i didn't see anything wrong with kirbbyoshi's initial post. sir chris' rebuttal contains a semantics argument of WIFOM but misses the context in which kirbyoshi is using it. i think sir chris is scum and is overcompensating for his scummy vote pattern by wall posting poor arguments with the idea that the quantity of words will outweigh the quality of what he is saying. i don't like the too much confidence argument. confidence often secures a lynch when reason cannot. at best its null tell.

sir chris > heilo > kirbyoshi
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so I'm just a VT. Lynch me if you want, it'll give you more info about the wagon, who was on it, and when they jumped on. I'd especially look at Sir Chris, starting with the blatant OMGUS vote on me, and then if he's scum, Furry, for the chainsaw defense.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

Heilograph wrote:I dont really much other choice. This is the wagon of choice.
vote kirbyoshi

Jesus. I'm happy with my vote.

Furry I'm getting bad vibes from you. I will be looking into this.
the nexus of the crisis
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by Faraday »

Cmon people switch to helio. There's no earthly WAY scummkirbo claims VT in this scenario as far as I'm concerned. Helio is a much better lynch here, look at the way he hopped on the wagon quickly.

I also see a slight furry/helio connection. I remember thinking there was some chance of furry coaching katniss slightly (need to look back to substansiate this in all honesty) but I'm not happy with this lynch at all.

Kirbo switch to Helio!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Furry »

funny how everyone thinks im scum IF player X is scum. Really starting to make me worry about player X (usually helio or SC) alignment. Also the VT claim is unfortunate, I was hoping it was something proveable to be perfectly frank, and a VT claim at this stage really looks like a legitimate claim, since scum has no reason to at least not try and draw out hypothetical PRs.

With everyone saying Helio is scum and I am because he is, it actually is making me second guess my vote a bit. If something pops up before deadline I may be apt to move, but at this point there is no strong reason to.

I do ask that no one hammers untill I get a chance to sleep on this though. I should be able to check in before classes tomorrow, and depending on traffic before deadline.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Furry »

Also if everyone else is throwing up hypotheticals, I think if helio is scum it loops back to DJ/SJ being scum. I dont understand the not voting your two when your one isnt going to be lynched and your three is. Two is better then three right?
Temporary unretired alt
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I predict that Sir Chris will try to coast through the next 15 hours without answering my 1022.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Kdub »

Deadline is in ~12 hours.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I predict that Sir Chris will try to coast through the next 15 hours without answering my 1022.
Honestly it was based off a bad assumption so I felt no need to answer it.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Here's my problem at the moment: I think Kirbyoshi is scum

That's not a problem by itself.

The problem is the votes on him are terrible, just, absolutely terrible. Post 1025 makes me want to facepalm.

Also my arguments have been fantastic, I am very offended that someone who is playing as poor as you has the gall to call my points "poor." Yes, confidence secures lynches when reason cannot - they are usually called mislynches.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Faraday »

Sir Chris wrote:Here's my problem at the moment: I think Kirbyoshi is scum

That's not a problem by itself.

The problem is the votes on him are terrible, just, absolutely terrible. Post 1025 makes me want to facepalm.

Also my arguments have been fantastic, I am very offended that someone who is playing as poor as you has the gall to call my points "poor." Yes, confidence secures lynches when reason cannot - they are usually called mislynches.
Wait you don't seem to be nervous at all, in fact you seem very confident in the lynch. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is one of the points you're using as a scum tell, it doesn't seem to jive as far as I'm concerned.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Faraday »

Furry wrote:funny how everyone thinks im scum IF player X is scum.
why? it's hardly surprising. Any good scum player in this particular game won't have commited much in the way of scum tells and I tend to think the scum probably have at least one good player. Thus it's natural for other people's alignment flips to influence yours.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Furry »

Still worried a bit over this. I dont like how no one is trying to stop the lynch, especially the wagons that only have two people, double especially the ones who are saying they dont like the lynch.

Kirby not vote moving really is making me uncomfortable against this wagon, as I really see no reason for scum to just roll over and die in this siutation.
Temporary unretired alt
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Faraday »

Furry wrote:Still worried a bit over this. I dont like how no one is trying to stop the lynch, especially the wagons that only have two people, double especially the ones who are saying they dont like the lynch.

Kirby not vote moving really is making me uncomfortable against this wagon, as I really see no reason for scum to just roll over and die in this siutation.
Switch your vote to helio?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Faraday »

I suppose it's too late to ask for a deadline extension??

Mod any chance of a deadline extension due to the site making it difficult to access MS for the last few days?
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Furry »

Faraday wrote:
Furry wrote:funny how everyone thinks im scum IF player X is scum.
why? it's hardly surprising. Any good scum player in this particular game won't have commited much in the way of scum tells and I tend to think the scum probably have at least one good player. Thus it's natural for other people's alignment flips to influence yours.
meh

Anyone who plays worthwhile scum trys and make every flip, regardless of alignment, work for them in some way. There are two seemingly eventual lynches that are being heavily tied to me, and its concerning since either of them flipping scum will increase my chance of being lynched due to work people are doing today. The ones doing this (especially the ones not pushing them hard) are setting off some bells for me.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Furry »

Faraday wrote:
Furry wrote:Still worried a bit over this. I dont like how no one is trying to stop the lynch, especially the wagons that only have two people, double especially the ones who are saying they dont like the lynch.

Switch your vote to helio?
Get helio to claim range before deadline and I will think about it more, right now doing so when its not even guarenteed I will post again after this before deadline doing so starts jepordizing getting a lynch.
Temporary unretired alt
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Kdub »

Faraday wrote:I suppose it's too late to ask for a deadline extension??

Mod any chance of a deadline extension due to the site making it difficult to access MS for the last few days?
Players may request an extension, which I will grant if a majority of players ask for one (either in-thread or via PM). Other than that, the deadline for the day has already been extended once, and I don't really see evidence that the MS site problems have had an impact on the activity level in this game compared to before the issues started.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 am

Post by don_johnson »

Sir Chris wrote: Yes, confidence secures lynches when reason cannot - they are usually called mislynches.
i already offered evidence to the contrary. you chose to ignore it. you are making up implied statistics by saying "usually".

why are we not wagoning this guy?

oh that's right. furry's afraid to be connected to people who
might
flip scum.

mod: i am okay with a deadline extension.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Sir Chris »

You know what is weird? You call me confident while quoting a post that lists a worry I have for the lynch I am currently on. I am unsure how you can read my post which says "the votes have been terrible on him" and think I am in the "100% wowmg easy lynch" range. Do you even read my posts?

DJ -

I frankly don't care what small amount of evidence you have shown, again, I am blunt. I have been playing mafia for nearly a decade now. People aren't wagoning me because it is painfully obvious that I a not scum, even though for some fun reason you seem to want to try to smash your head into a wall to try to say otherwise.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Anyway thoughts on everyone.

CrueKnight - Seems to not actually read posts, as he somehow missed my entire point against Kirbyoshi to such a degree that he stated the complete opposite of what I had said.
Furry - ... So many people are calling Furry scum if so and so happens I almost have to be convinced that Furry is town, mostly because I myself am town.
cruelty - Wouldn't be surprised at all if he is 'master planning' this, but at the same time I feel if he would have buried me with his long post about me I would be lynched, so I see no reason for scum to go for a less active target especially when I was losing traction.
Sir Chris
kunkstar7 - As Kirbyoshi pointed out his votes aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard for excellence in reasoning.
Faraday - I don't even have a read on this guy and that is just fucking scary.
don_johnson - I think he is town just based off the fact that he seems genuinely fed up with this topic and with me. Fed up is not a scum tell.
Kirbyoshi - I've posted enough on this guy.
mikeburnfire - Man I don't like it when people defend me without actually having to say anything. "You know, NOT SAYING HE IS TOWN OR ANYTHING, but gosh darnit, he is active!"
Heilograph - That vote on Kirbyoshi just makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”