Mini 902: Pick your Poison 4 (Game over!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ortolan wrote:.
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
For the record, I agree that farside isn't really making any sense here, but I think she's probably town.
Can I get some more detail on this? Do you think she often talks kind of incoherently (no offence) as town? Do you think it is in fact a town-tell? Or do you get a townie vibe from her posts in spite of her incomprehensible position on chamber?
It dosn't really have anything to do with her position on charter. At this point, I'd say it's a general vibe I get from her posts; willing to disagree with the majority on issues, and yet willing to listen to reason and be flexible at the same time; that's usually a combination I see more often from townies then from scum. Scum usually either follow the crowd, or else they stake out a position they think they can defend and never budge from it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Riceballtail wrote:The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0. Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy. Malp would get a vote too, if he ever posted in the thread. Hopefully he would actually feel somewhat compelled to share his motivations to the town at least. Now that CML has replaced him, he could be a functional player at the very least. My vote stands.
Why is it scummy that they never posted what they thought were potential roles in the game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

RBT is at l-1 its time to show your cards rbt....
after a wank.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Anon »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
For the record, I agree that farside isn't really making any sense here, but I think she's probably town.
Can I get some more detail on this? Do you think she often talks kind of incoherently (no offence) as town? Do you think it is in fact a town-tell? Or do you get a townie vibe from her posts in spite of her incomprehensible position on chamber?
It dosn't really have anything to do with her position on charter. At this point, I'd say it's a general vibe I get from her posts; willing to disagree with the majority on issues, and yet willing to listen to reason and be flexible at the same time; that's usually a combination I see more often from townies then from scum. Scum usually either follow the crowd, or else they stake out a position they think they can defend and never budge from it.
I partially agree with this. I also get an extreme sincere vibe from here posts. Like she is not worried of being wrong.

In other news, RBT didn't post a scumlist. And has just commited his ultimate scumtell, not answering questions.

Claim or die, please.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Sajin »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
Would you describe the way you responded to everyone day 1 like the way you talk in this post?

I would not. You attacked everything in sight that was not in agreement with your perfered choices.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sajin wrote: It dosn't really have anything to do with her position on charter. At this point, I'd say it's a general vibe I get from her posts; willing to disagree with the majority on issues, and yet willing to listen to reason and be flexible at the same time; that's usually a combination I see more often from townies then from scum. Scum usually either follow the crowd, or else they stake out a position they think they can defend and never budge from it.
Would you describe the way you responded to everyone day 1 like the way you talk in this post?[/quote]

Nope, not at all. I have pretty firm ideas on mafia theory and game balance, and I feel like I'm a pretty good judge of what roles are more powerful then others.

Also, I didn't say that was the ONLY way townies behave; it's certainly not. Just that farside's behavior is something I see more often from town then from scum, which is a very different statement.

Do you disagree with that? Or are you still just trying to come up with weak excuses to suspect me?
You attacked everything in sight that was not in agreement with your perfered choices.
Also, this is pretty clearly not at all true. I did not attack anyone for disagreeing with me, I just explained why I thought they were incorrect.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Anon wrote:... commited his ultimate scumtell, not answering questions.
So wait, I'm scummy for it, but there's NOTHING wrong with chamber for it? Double-standard much?

Also, I never post scumminess report cards. Thanks for playing though.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Anon »

Riceballtail wrote:
So wait, I'm scummy for it, but there's NOTHING wrong with chamber for it? Double-standard much?

That was sarcasm.

I dont think not answering questions is a scumtell. (I probably havent answered a lot of questions directed to me itt.)

You apparently do. So I was trying to make you realize that you are basically attacking chamber and calling him obvscum for something that you also did.

See what is the problem with that?

Also, why havent you claimed?
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Sajin »

Riceballtail wrote:

You were incredibly frustrated in Final Fantasy mafia when I lead a lynch on you day 1. Here your not frustrated, your being obstinate. Why?

And I would like you to post your scum suspects as well. So lets see....thats 3 or 4 people that have asked now by my rough counts. Its one thing to not want to post them when your not suspected by anyone. Its another thing to totally be unwilling to help in case of imminent death by lynch and its generally a scum tell as scum do not want to out potential partners on the lynch bed. Do you agree with this assertion?

@Yoss- My reasoning for you being scum actually has less to do with your actual play and more with your attitude. You are coming off to me just like you did in WoT mafia, lashing out at all potential attackers and not like you did in California Trilogy 3 where you carefully answered anyone's concerns without the counter attack.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

RBT you are on L-1, please claim in your next post
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sajin wrote: @Yoss- My reasoning for you being scum actually has less to do with your actual play and more with your attitude. You are coming off to me just like you did in WoT mafia, lashing out at all potential attackers and not like you did in California Trilogy 3 where you carefully answered anyone's concerns without the counter attack.
...you think I didn't lash out at people in California Trilogy 3? Lol. Pretty sure Ort's going to disagree with that.

Anyway, I'm not "lashing out" at anyone who attacks me. Exactly 2 people have attacked me so far, and I've already said that I think one of them is town.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:06 am

Post by ortolan »

Sajin (258) wrote: You were incredibly frustrated in Final Fantasy mafia when I lead a lynch on you day 1. Here your not frustrated, your being obstinate. Why?
Sajin (258) wrote:@Yoss- My reasoning for you being scum actually has less to do with your actual play and more with your attitude. You are coming off to me just like you did in WoT mafia, lashing out at all potential attackers and not like you did in California Trilogy 3 where you carefully answered anyone's concerns without the counter attack.
I agree with Yos in that these two points sound contradictory (although I can't find final fantasy to find out if Yos was in fact mafia in that game).
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

RBT wrote:
Anon wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
I partially agree with this. I also get an extreme sincere vibe from here posts. Like she is not worried of being wrong.

In other news, RBT didn't post a scumlist. And has just commited his ultimate scumtell, not answering questions.

Claim or die, please

claim or die as he said, you are at l-1. If you don't claim you will die. If I didn't have my vote on you I would have hammered after you not claiming, you really need to do this or you will die.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:35 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Fuck it Quote tag fail....grrr...

Mod would you mind fixing?
after a wank.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Riceballtail (5) -- Yosarian2, ortolan, Anon, farside22, CooLDoG
chamber (1) -- Riceballtail
CooLDoG (2) -- Porochaz, Leech
Leech (1) -- scotmany12
Yosarian2 (1) -- Sajin
farside22 (1) -- chamber

Not voting: CallMeLiam
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Sajin »

ortolan wrote:
Sajin (258) wrote: You were incredibly frustrated in Final Fantasy mafia when I lead a lynch on you day 1. Here your not frustrated, your being obstinate. Why?
Sajin (258) wrote:@Yoss- My reasoning for you being scum actually has less to do with your actual play and more with your attitude. You are coming off to me just like you did in WoT mafia, lashing out at all potential attackers and not like you did in California Trilogy 3 where you carefully answered anyone's concerns without the counter attack.
I agree with Yos in that these two points sound contradictory (although I can't find final fantasy to find out if Yos was in fact mafia in that game).
The first quote applies to the person I quoted (RBT) not to Yos.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Hmm, I was prodded. RBT should not claim. Considering he is at l-2. Rereading tomorrow.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Happy with the cool dog vote. Some of his more recent posts havent swayed me. Farside is moving up my scum list but not really by that much. RBT is also high up there.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also, hypoclaim weak doc would be good as of now. Im just going to take a punt and say we do it with dice and a list...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Anon wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:

That was sarcasm.

I dont think not answering questions is a scumtell. (I probably havent answered a lot of questions directed to me itt.)

You apparently do. So I was trying to make you realize that you are basically attacking chamber and calling him obvscum for something that you also did.

See what is the problem with that?

Also, why havent you claimed?
Probably because I'm not at L-1.

You also don't understand what "policy lynch" means. It has nothing to do with scumminess, it has everything to do with using a useless playstyle for communication and overall effectiveness. (See also, lynching people who only have few and far between posts, and they're almost always content free.)

@Sajin: I'm not as frustrated this time because I feel like the fact I let my emotions get the better of me in that game should not happen again in this one.

Since everyone wants a scumlist so bad I'll do it (but I won't be happy about it):

CoolDoG: "Claim or die claim or die claim or die" sounds a lot like "I'm gonna push this lynch because it's so easy".
Anon: see CoolDog
Chamber: I have no idea what his thoughts are. While I have no meta research, I don't like this either way. Flipping town or scum, he's still scum.
Farside: I find the idea blowing up such a small point tends to be somewhat scummy. However, her meta also shows that she tends to blow up small points either way. Definitely fourth, but I could consider this later.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I re-checked and mod is right rbt is at l-2

@RBT You play just like someone in anther game that I played in yet is not over yet, you don't answer anything at all. Why do you refuse to do so? Also would you forsake a policy lynch for someone more scummy? I am at the top of your scum list, why don't you vote me? Is chamber scummy, or do you just not like him (as in his play, which gives way to you wanting to policy lynch him)? How many other people voted chamber? And why don't you vote scotmany 12? I haven't seen him post much about what he thinks.
after a wank.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:24 am

Post by farside22 »

@RBT please answer my question:
farside22 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0. Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy. Malp would get a vote too, if he ever posted in the thread. Hopefully he would actually feel somewhat compelled to share his motivations to the town at least. Now that CML has replaced him, he could be a functional player at the very least. My vote stands.
Why is it scummy that they never posted what they thought were potential roles in the game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Riceballtail wrote: It has nothing to do with scumminess, it has everything to do with using a useless playstyle for communication and overall effectiveness. (See also, lynching people who only have few and far between posts, and they're almost always content free.)
Except Chamber has produced a lot of content, and I think his playstyle has been quite useful and effective in scumhunting so far. So that explination is not going to fly.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by ortolan »

RBT wrote:CoolDoG: "Claim or die claim or die claim or die" sounds a lot like "I'm gonna push this lynch because it's so easy".
Anon: see CoolDog
Chamber: I have no idea what his thoughts are. While I have no meta research, I don't like this either way. Flipping town or scum, he's still scum.
Farside: I find the idea blowing up such a small point tends to be somewhat scummy. However, her meta also shows that she tends to blow up small points either way. Definitely fourth, but I could consider this later.
Do you disagree that you've acted in any way scummily? Your top two suspects are there basically because they're voting you. Have you ever played with chamber before? What games is your meta on farside based on? The way you've expressed it farside "blowing up small points" is a null-tell, not a scum-tell.
RBT (269) wrote:You also don't understand what "policy lynch" means. It has nothing to do with scumminess, it has everything to do with using a useless playstyle for communication and overall effectiveness. (See also, lynching people who only have few and far between posts, and they're almost always content free.)
How many completed town games have you attempted to policy lynch people in previously?

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Leech »

Sorry about the delay in posting guys...This site and my computer have not been getting along at all. I've tried to post a few times and got this white screen that went no where.

I'll reread and get a post up tonight,

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”