Mini 902: Pick your Poison 4 (Game over!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sajin wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Sajin wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:EBWOP: Of course no two people should protect the same person.
What is the reasoning for this?

@Yossiran- a vengeful would kill a protown person 66 percent of the time? Uh....

1- You brought up doctors protections as a reason to not have one, and then you do not factor them in when your talking about it again.

You do not consider Vig kills nor the fact that 2 kills happening on the same night (when town knows its about to happen too!) increases chances for a successful protection as well.

Your clearly using the facts that benefit the one small point your trying to make at that particular moment. I am debating whether or not I should find this a scum tell for you or if it is just shrewd arguing. Care to enlighten me?

66% of the time just meant that there was a 1/3 chance that the vengeful scum would be the last scum person left, and therefore wouldn't get a kill.

It's not really that likely that he gets either vigged or doc protected; the odds of a doc or weak doc stopping any given kill is quite small (There has to be a doc who's still alive at that point, the scum has to not target the doc, and then if there's, say, 9 people left it's still just a 1/8 chance) and the idea of counting on a vig that might not even exist to kill one specific scum before we lynch that scum sounds like a really bad idea to me. But you're right, there is a chance he tries to kill and fails, or gets vigged, and that actually lowers the odds a bit. (not much, IMHO, but a bit)

Of course, there's also a chance he intentionally gets himself lynched at a key moment, doing a "jester strike" to get himself lynched instead of a scumbuddy or in lynch or lose, which then raises the odds again.

I'm really not sure why we're still arguing about this, considering that everyone already agreed that giving the scum vengeful was a bad idea and we already made our decision. Also, I'm not sure why you're grilling me on this when I've already explained all of this in exhausting detail back when we actually WERE making this decision. If you thought vengeful was a good idea, you should have made that argument BEFORE we picked the power roles, not now.
You completely dodged the point of my question.

Let me restate it so you do not do so again:

I am accusing you of manipulating the facts in order to get the town to vote a certain role.
I did not dodge the question.

66% is a rough estimate of how often I'd expect the vengeful to kill someone. There are some factors that bring it slightly lower (the small chance of a doc protection, the small chance of a vig) and some factors that bring it slightly higher (the increased chance of the vengeful being bussed, or getting himself lynched).

I think it comes out to about 66%, probably a little higher actually, since I think the latter factors would be more likely to come into play then the former factors, but there's no real way to calcualate any of it. In any case that was just a rough measure, a shorthand, because I didn't really feel like arguing about it when it's no longer relevent to anything and everyone has already agreed that I am right and vengeful would have been a bad role.
The above shows that you thought town power roles could mitigate the effect a vengeful would have.
Of course I have. And I just explained that. The answer is: it makes very little difference. Which I would have been glad to explain, IF YOU HAD ARGUED THIS BACK WHEN IT MATTERED.

Do you think I'm wrong here? Do you think we should have picked vengeful? Or are you just screwing around with irrelevent details to try to invent a reason to make me look bad?
I am saying that your changing your arguments about the potential effects of roles to benefit your stance. Do you agree or disagree?
Of course I disagree.

When trying to figure out how much damage an extra scum kill will do, you can basically just ignore the chance of a doc protection, because the odds of any doc stopping any one kill is pretty bloody low. A doc will very rarely prevent ANY kill in ANY game, let alone one specific kill.

And again, I was glad to explain that when you brought up the detail. I didn't really think I needed to go into all that all over again.

Additionally:
Yos wrote:I'm really not sure why we're still arguing about this, considering that everyone already agreed that giving the scum vengeful was a bad idea and we already made our decision. Also, I'm not sure why you're grilling me on this when I've already explained all of this in exhausting detail back when we actually WERE making this decision. If you thought vengeful was a good idea, you should have made that argument BEFORE we picked the power roles, not now.
Why should we not use that discussion now? Its all a mute point? No. I find your manipulation of the role choice scummy sir. You say everyone was against the vengeful? I was arguing pro vengeful in almost every post.
Only scum would want the scum to have a vengful role. Farside seemed to realize this pretty early in the day, and I think she's town. I think it's interesting that you still have not, no matter how many times I've explained it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by chamber »

Unvote vote farside22
Taking a break from the site.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
I love you too. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by chamber »

farside22 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
I love you too. :roll:
<3
Taking a break from the site.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
For the record, I agree that farside isn't really making any sense here, but I think she's probably town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by farside22 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
For the record, I agree that farside isn't really making any sense here, but I think she's probably town.
I wish I knew why people say I'm not making sense. I keep getting this reaction. :(
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Patrick »

Votecount

Riceballtail (4) -- Yosarian2, ortolan, Anon, farside22
chamber (1) -- Riceballtail
CooLDoG (2) -- Porochaz, Leech
Leech (1) -- scotmany12
Yosarian2 (1) -- Sajin
farside22 (1) -- chamber

Not voting: CallMeLiam, CooLDoG
12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

farside22 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
I wish I knew why people say I'm not making sense. I keep getting this reaction. :(
Because if something is a null tell, then it dosn't make any sense to attack someone for that tell; so I don't understand why you have a problem with Scot saying Chamber shouldn't be attacked for something you apparently agree is a null tell.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Anon »

Yosarian2 wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
QFT.

I havent bothered to read the Sajin-Yos stuff with the exception of the CAPS Yos used. IIRC, Sajin was prob the only one that was supporting a vengeful scum in day 0.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Anon »

Sajin wrote:Vengeful is much less harmful then a rolecop is.
Yep, I dont remember the explanation but I think Sajin was trying to avoid scum to hit power roles taking advantage of the open nature of the setup. So technically, he did argue about vengeful back when it mattered. The point is that no one listened to him since the majority think (and I agree) that a vengeful scum is devastating in lylo.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Anon »

In other news, RBT and Cooldog, scumlist in following posts.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Anon »

Sorry for 4th post, but, Yos, do you think Sajin is scum?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

farside22 wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Is farside really trying to argue semantics right now?
Not really it was just more of a question in regards to your actions and interaction with chamber.
things to point out, things I notice. Interactions that seem strange to me.
Is there a reason not to point out strange interactions between players?
How exactly is what I did a strange interaction? I just pointed out that this is how chamber plays.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anon wrote:Sorry for 4th post, but, Yos, do you think Sajin is scum?
I don't know. This attack he's trying to make against me here seems really farfetched and silly, but it's possible he's a townie just trying to stir something up.

That being said, if RBT is scum, then Sajin is a likely buddy for the way he voted RBT but then took the first chance he got to jump off the wagon.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Sajin »

@Yos- How can you disagree when you admit my point in the same post? Thats what you just did. Your a shrewd arguer though I will give you that.

You consider the effect and complications of other roles only when they benefited your chosen stance. You had already chosen what role you wanted and were trying to campaign to get it. You were arguing for the result you wanted and not the reason why it was beneficial/harmful and it is showing through to me.

I campaigned on vengeful all day and your just now reading that?

And now your strongarming me for RBT because I saw a horrible response from you?

You are the one who jumped on right after me, declared me scum and yet have not moved your vote.

Not wanting to apply pressure in multiple places so that when you flip its harder to find your partners perhaps?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

scotmany12 wrote:
farside22 wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:Is farside really trying to argue semantics right now?
Not really it was just more of a question in regards to your actions and interaction with chamber.
things to point out, things I notice. Interactions that seem strange to me.
Is there a reason not to point out strange interactions between players?
How exactly is what I did a strange interaction? I just pointed out that this is how chamber plays.
I'm wondering if your defending him using his actions as a null tell or just explaining it as a null tell.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 am

Post by ortolan »

farside (210) wrote:Ort post 39: Why do you feel vengeful is an obvious choice to give the mafia?
At that stage I was regarding it as simply an extra kill, not as bad as any of the other choices. With the 3v9 structure it seemed unlikely to impact the game in terms of bringing us one day/night closer to a scum victory at any point. I don't think of it as an obvious choice to give the mafia anymore. I think my eventual reasoning was that godfather is a given because it's of limited use and that the rolecop, basically being a + % to hit chance for scum, is better than any of the alternatives.
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
Can I get some more detail on this? Do you think she often talks kind of incoherently (no offence) as town? Do you think it is in fact a town-tell? Or do you get a townie vibe from her posts in spite of her incomprehensible position on chamber?
Anon (235) wrote:In other news, RBT and Cooldog, scumlist in following posts.
I would like this too please.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sajin wrote: You consider the effect and complications of other roles only when they benefited your chosen stance. You had already chosen what role you wanted and were trying to campaign to get it. You were arguing for the result you wanted and not the reason why it was beneficial/harmful and it is showing through to me.
No, I explained exactly why Vengeful would be so harmful; there is a 2/3 chance it will kill a pro-town person (actually I'm pretty sure it's higher then that, despite the chance of a vig or a doc protection, because I can't imagine the scum would likely let the vengeful be lynched third) and if it does, there's a pretty high chance it kills a pro-town power role.

I specifically mentioned the chance of a vengeful being vigged in my second post, and in fact I was the FIRST one to point out that it was possible; I'm not sure why you're acting like I never brought it up when I came up with it in the first place.
Sajin wrote:I campaigned on vengeful all day and your just now reading that?
Towards the end of the day, you were still campaigning against role-cop, but at that point you had not mentioned vengeful at all for several days, nor were you voting for vengeful. So, yes, I had gotten the impression that you had dropped the pro-vengeful argument by the end of the day.
And now your strongarming me for RBT because I saw a horrible response from you?
Hmmm? I'm not "strongarming" you at all. I'm observing that you are using a very weak reason (me not mentioning very low-probability events when I'm doing a quick rehash summery of why we made a decision that is already finished) to vote me; I doubt you actually believe that that makes me scum, and I also find it odd that you're still not convinced a vengeful would be anti-town even long after everyone else figured that out, so I'm looking for other possible motives for your actions. One is that it's possible you're a townie who's trying to stir the pot, which would be plausible for early day 1 like this. Another is that you were a scumbuddy of RBT who was looking for an excuse to vote him and then quickly unvote him and try to get a counterwagon on someone else going.

I don't see how you can call that "strongarming"; I'm certainly not trying to pressure you to vote for RBT. I'm simply trying to figure out your alignment by looking at your actions and trying to figure out the motives behind them.
You are the one who jumped on right after me, declared me scum and yet have not moved your vote.
I've hardly "declared you scum". The closest I came was that I had trouble believing a pro-town person would still support a vengeful. I do hate your posting here, but I'm honestly having trouble telling if that's just an emotional reaction on my part to being attacked for a terrible reason.
Not wanting to apply pressure in multiple places so that when you flip its harder to find your partners perhaps?
And that's just silly. If I think RBT is the scummiest looking person, which he is, and he's got the largest bandwagon right now, then why would I unvote him to chase some other trail?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:50 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Riceballtail wrote:[mrow]Player[col]Doc[col]WDoc[col]Cop[col]Mason[col]Vig
Chamber
[col] [col] [col] [col] [col] Porochaz[col]x[col] [col]X[col]X[col] Anon[col]X[col] [col] [col]X[col]X Ortolan[col]X[col]X[col] [col]X[col] Leech[col]X[col]X[col] [col]X[col] Cooldog[col] [col]X[col]X[col]X[col] RBT[col] [col]X[col]X[col]X[col] Yos[col]X[col]
x
[col] [col]
x
[col]X Farside[col] [col]X[col] [col]X[col]X Sajin[col] [col]X[col] [col]X[col]X
Malpascp
[col] [col] [col] [col] [col] Scot[col]X[col] [col] [col]X[col]X

Malp _still_ has yet to post. Chamber has still yet to give us the answer to your original question in your first post. The table above lists all the choices that were given (Yos couldn't decide on a third, hence why it is in red as well). While we should not assume that the chart would actually reflect what scum did give us, I think it gives the pretty accurate representation of what roles are likely to show up (aka, it's pretty obvious to assume there'd be a mason).

As for Sajin's substance comment, I had this post written in notepad about a week ago, but was holding it to prevent handing scum the information, or at the very least, get everyone to participate (as you can see, there were still issues I had with putting this table out in the post you quoted).

Overall, right now I find Chamber scummy for his lack of ability to provide the town with any sort of useful information, as well as his inability to answer this question in any of his D0 posts.

VOTE:Chamber
I would like to go back to this post I found when reading rbt in iso. Going back to it, why didn't you vote for malpscp he din't answer ether. Are you voting chamber just because he din't answer his own :?: ? If so that is stupid because I have asked people things and not given an answer. Asking the whole town somthing does not always included the asker. Such as what do you think of player x's vote on player y? this is not use3d to share your own idea of the situation, but to get a feel of what everyone else thinks. So now where left with not explaining stuff to town, if you really wanted to vote on that then why not vote me? This is the only post where I have made comments like this. And why din't you vote malscp he didn't answer much in d0, and didn't explain much to the town.

Also one more thing that chart means nothing. Think of how many mis-lynches the town has ever made...
after a wank.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:32 am

Post by Riceballtail »

The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0. Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy. Malp would get a vote too, if he ever posted in the thread. Hopefully he would actually feel somewhat compelled to share his motivations to the town at least. Now that CML has replaced him, he could be a functional player at the very least. My vote stands.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Riceballtail wrote:The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0.
Actually, that chart looks to me more like you're a scum who's trying to figure out which townie has what power roles based on what they said.
Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy.
How is it scummy for someone to not respond to a question of "what do you think the scum would do"? Why would scum be more likely to ignore that question then town? How does chamber not speculating on that question hurt the town?-
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:46 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Riceballtail wrote:The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0. Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy. Malp would get a vote too, if he ever posted in the thread. Hopefully he would actually feel somewhat compelled to share his motivations to the town at least. Now that CML has replaced him, he could be a functional player at the very least. My vote stands.
At the time it didn't matter, he was still in the game. You are looking like a rolefisher like yos said. The fact is that you vote chamber because ether:

A) you don't like him as a person/player
B)mal was your scum buddy and you don't want to lynch him. It is true that chamber does not explain much to the town but at the time he was about as normal as anyone else, and was just as bad (by way of ur chart) as mal.

vote rbt

rolefishing, votine badly, acting scummy.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Riceballtail wrote:The chart was designed to be a summary of what information players had decided to give D0. Chamber's refusal to provide information is scummy. Malp would get a vote too, if he ever posted in the thread. Hopefully he would actually feel somewhat compelled to share his motivations to the town at least. Now that CML has replaced him, he could be a functional player at the very least. My vote stands.
At the time it didn't matter, he was still in the game. You are looking like a rolefisher like yos said. The fact is that you vote chamber because ether:

A) you don't like him as a person/player
B)mal was your scum buddy and you don't want to lynch him. It is true that chamber does not explain much to the town but at the time he was about as normal as anyone else, and was just as bad (by way of ur chart) as mal.

vote rbt

rolefishing, votine badly, acting scummy.
after a wank.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Sorry for not posting yet, getting on the site has been almost impossible for me for some reason
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ortolan wrote:.
Yosarian2 (229) wrote:
chamber wrote:
Unvote vote farside22
Can I get some more detail on this? Do you think she often talks kind of incoherently (no offence) as town? Do you think it is in fact a town-tell? Or do you get a townie vibe from her posts in spite of her incomprehensible position on chamber?
It dosn't really have anything to do with her position on charter. At this point, I'd say it's a general vibe I get from her posts; willing to disagree with the majority on issues, and yet willing to listen to reason and be flexible at the same time; that's usually a combination I see more often from townies then from scum. Scum usually either follow the crowd, or else they stake out a position they think they can defend and never budge from it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”