Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Vaya »

Since you are voting for me Kitten, and I'm assuming it's because of the guilty, could you respond to the other thing I said?
Vaya wrote: On another note, to the people voting me, don't you think that in a game with four cops claims so far, and a claimed sanity checker, that some cops are going to have sanity issues and that simply getting a guilty on you is pretty null?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:Ok. I would get the same result if I had been roleblocked or if I had investigated someone with a sanity irrelevant role.

and SlySly confirms that he's not being strict on night action formats.
My vote stands.

Its clear SSK is lying scum.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Vaya wrote:On another note, to the people voting me, don't you think that in a game with four cops claims so far, and a claimed sanity checker, that some cops are going to have sanity issues and that simply getting a guilty on you is pretty null?
I agree with you, but that's not the only reason why I'm voting you at this point. I'm voting you (or, at least, differentiating you from SSK) predominantly for Glork's interaction with you and with SSK.

Phate, reread the flavor in the death scene. MicroSuckpersons killed GlorkScum. Either Glork is a ("WinBlows Loyalist") traitor and scum did us a favor, or Glork belongs to a rival scumgroup and scum still sorta did us a favor. I think it's unlikely that a town-aligned MicroSuck-flavored vig killed him (pro-town MicroSuck people would've come out during discussion of the Google claim). It could be that the flavor is not reflective of what happened N1, but that would transcend "oddness" of setup and become kinda silly.

It IS possible that he was a Death Miller -- he mentions death millers in one of his old posts; I noticed it while I was looking through his posts for SSK/Vaya interactions -- but I think allusions like that are about as likely to come from scum as from genuine death millers, anyway.

I honestly misread the VC. It was a pretty epic misread, though. I sent the Mod a PM with a funny face after the Mod scene was posted. O_O
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Phate, I think I understand why you want a massclaim. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Does this tell you what you need to know? Do you still want a massclaim?

I would appreciate your temporary discretion on the issue, and I am not requesting it trivially.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Phate »

I'm skeptical, Iecerint. How long are you requesting that we wait?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Vaya wrote:Since you are voting for me Kitten, and I'm assuming it's because of the guilty, could you respond to the other thing I said?
Vaya wrote: On another note, to the people voting me, don't you think that in a game with four cops claims so far, and a claimed sanity checker, that some cops are going to have sanity issues and that simply getting a guilty on you is pretty null?
Wellp, that's why I didn't vote you yesterday. But I'm willing to take a chance. I could try to come up with a case on you if you'd like.
My vote stands.

Its clear SSK is lying scum.
Why is it impossible for me to have been roleblocked?

I'm kinda confused at this point and don't know what to do...
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Until it catches scum, or at least until it rules some players out. SB's action has limited its effectiveness if I claim it today, and its ability to do so will be compromised if it's out in the open.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:Why is it impossible for me to have been roleblocked?

I'm kinda confused at this point and don't know what to do...
Its not.

I don't know why you would state it as something that would be considered 'impossible'.

Might as well ask, 'Why is it impossible that SSK is scum?'

But the far more likely scenario is that SSK doesn't have a role that depends on sanity.

Especially given his reaction.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

To clarify -- are you still really excited about a massclaim, even after that loaf of bread, or are you just anxious to hear the rest of the story?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

That's one thing I didn't take into account. Sanities. Makes me want to lynch Phate just to test it. <_<

And thus, I don't know if trust any of the cop info so far (Vaya and Phate), though, I must say, Vaya-Glork seems like a plausible team.

About the massclaim, I don't think it will break the game, in fact, given things how they are, I think a MC will only confuse town.

Damn it, I want another night.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SP: What makes you so sure SSK is scum?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SB, given my interpretation of Phate's behavior today, I think it is highly probable that you are sane.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Its not.

I don't know why you would state it as something that would be considered 'impossible'.

Might as well ask, 'Why is it impossible that SSK is scum?'

But the far more likely scenario is that SSK doesn't have a role that depends on sanity.

Especially given his reaction.
Why do you find SSK scum over Vaya when IIRC you were attacking Vaya yesterday? Why is it far more likely that SSK has a role that doesn't depend on sanity? I mean, it seems more likely to me I was roleblocked.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: If Phate is scum, it probably has nothing to do with your sanity. Rather, if Phate is scum, he is mega-Godfather scum, AND a good actor.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SP, please interpret the N1 kill flavor and the alignment-flips so far for me.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Snow_Bunny wrote:SP: What makes you so sure SSK is scum?
What I want to know is why UK is so sure she was RB'd.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by Vaya »

Iecerint wrote:
Vaya wrote:On another note, to the people voting me, don't you think that in a game with four cops claims so far, and a claimed sanity checker, that some cops are going to have sanity issues and that simply getting a guilty on you is pretty null?
I agree with you, but that's not the only reason why I'm voting you at this point. I'm voting you (or, at least, differentiating you from SSK) predominantly for Glork's interaction with you and with SSK.
Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think that Glork's interaction and 'buddying' with me is more likely to be scum to scum than it is scum to town. Scum side with people they know are town all the time, and Glork-scum would have plenty of motive to side with me-town like this. It makes him look good not pushing the mislynch if I were lynched and I flipped town, and on the off-chance he would die first, his interaction with me could help incriminate me and help my lynch along.
UncertainKitten wrote:
Vaya wrote:Since you are voting for me Kitten, and I'm assuming it's because of the guilty, could you respond to the other thing I said?
Wellp, that's why I didn't vote you yesterday. But I'm willing to take a chance. I could try to come up with a case on you if you'd like.
I don't think you get what I'm saying here. The guilty result is null, without any reason to trust he's sane(or trust him for that matter), it's not any reason at all to vote me.

If there's something about my play that's making you think I'm scum, feel free to make a case explaining why, but don't go trying to make one just for the sake of proving this "result".
Iecerint wrote: Phate, reread the flavor in the death scene. MicroSuckpersons killed GlorkScum. Either Glork is a ("WinBlows Loyalist") traitor and scum did us a favor, or Glork belongs to a rival scumgroup and scum still sorta did us a favor. I think it's unlikely that a town-aligned MicroSuck-flavored vig killed him (pro-town MicroSuck people would've come out during discussion of the Google claim). It could be that the flavor is not reflective of what happened N1, but that would transcend "oddness" of setup and become kinda silly.

It IS possible that he was a Death Miller -- he mentions death millers in one of his old posts; I noticed it while I was looking through his posts for SSK/Vaya interactions -- but I think allusions like that are about as likely to come from scum as from genuine death millers, anyway.
Actually, Glork being a traitor seems rather plausible after thinking about it. His WinBlows Loyalist claim, and his "I believe Almaster has a similar line to me in my role PM" business, seems like he may have been trying to hint to the scumteam that he was a traitor.

Speaking of which,

Unvote
Vote: Almaster

I still don't like that request to be converted Day 1, and his unusual sureness that he wouldn't be converted to scum. Given that, and Glork's claim of having a similar line in his role PM that very well may have been hinting to the scumteam or an attempt to buy his buddy a night, he seems like a very good lynch right now.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Iecerint wrote:SP, please interpret the N1 kill flavor and the alignment-flips so far for me.
People can claim whatever they want, and there is nothing that can stop a claim other than logic, with the non-revealing style format.

That, and there is at least one person that is affiliated with WinBlows that has a killing role.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:19 pm

SP wrote:
Occam's razor, maybe? You know, I declared an action that would potentially clear two people or catch one scum. Do you think they'd allow me to do that, especially when they could put the sanity of the cop in doubt easily and prevent me from clarifying it? The fact you are missing this causes me to suspect you, SP

FoS: SP

Vaya wrote:
I don't think you get what I'm saying here. The guilty result is null, without any reason to trust he's sane(or trust him for that matter), it's not any reason at all to vote me.
SP is doing a good job of pushing me to believe the result more.

Vaya wrote:
If there's something about my play that's making you think I'm scum, feel free to make a case explaining why, but don't go trying to make one just for the sake of proving this "result".
Then I won't make a case, since I trust the result. I don't think I would have been RB'd (assuming that happened), otherwise.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Phate »

SocioPath, the role that died was revealed as guilty. How are you sure that the person that has a killing role is affiliated with WinBlows?

Vote: Almaster
because I like Vaya's logic, and I'm not up for a Vayalynch just yet.

Iecerint, I will wait one day for a massclaim.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Vaya wrote:Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think that Glork's interaction and 'buddying' with me is more likely to be scum to scum than it is scum to town. Scum side with people they know are town all the time, and Glork-scum would have plenty of motive to side with me-town like this. It makes him look good not pushing the mislynch if I were lynched and I flipped town, and on the off-chance he would die first, his interaction with me could help incriminate me and help my lynch along.
I agree with you if you and SSK are both town (e.g. SSK is an insane daycop, and UK was roleblocked), but I disagree with you if we're operating under the assumption that one of you is scum. Not that that's an impossibility.

I LITERALLY HAD NOT THOUGHT OF THE ALMA BREADCRUMB. AMAZING.

Unvote; Vote: Alma
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Vaya »

UncertainKitten wrote:
Vaya wrote:
Then I won't make a case, since I trust the result. I don't think I would have been RB'd (assuming that happened), otherwise.
Assuming the case is that you were RB'ed, don't you think you could have been blocked to stop you from clearing me as you were saying you would try to do yesterday? Scum would have just as much motivation to block you if I were town as they would if I were scum.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

SlySly wrote:
Her anguish is brought on by watching the
members of the Evil Empire, armed with MicroSuck Shitsta Home Edition laptops,
surround
Glork -
Guilty
and pound him into submission with sales pitches of how much better Shitsta is than XPOS. She sobs quietly as the realization sets in that she will be unable to kill Glork herself in this game.
Phate, I think this is why. Told ye to read the kill flavor. :P
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Vaya wrote:

Assuming the case is that you were RB'ed, don't you think you could have been blocked to stop you from clearing me as you were saying you would try to do yesterday? Scum would have just as much motivation to block you if I were town as they would if I were scum.
It's actually a terribly WIFOMrific situation.

I could get behind an Alma lynch and see what happens tonight.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by SocioPath »

UncertainKitten wrote:
SP wrote:
Occam's razor, maybe? You know, I declared an action that would potentially clear two people or catch one scum. Do you think they'd allow me to do that, especially when they could put the sanity of the cop in doubt easily and prevent me from clarifying it? The fact you are missing this causes me to suspect you, SP

FoS: SP
Occam's razor? Are you serious?

You are saying that...the chance that there is a RB in this game...and the chance that of all people and claimed roles to target...they targeted you...is the the simplest answer?

And not...you know, SSK just not BEING a role with sanity involved?

FoS: UK

Phate wrote:SocioPath, the role that died was revealed as guilty. How are you sure that the person that has a killing role is affiliated with WinBlows?
As sure as the flavor text directly states:
SlySly wrote:Glork -
Guilty
- Bullshitted to death by MicroSuck salesmen - Night 1
SlySly wrote:
Her anguish is brought on by watching the members of the Evil Empire, armed with MicroSuck Shitsta Home Edition laptops, surround
Glork -
Guilty
and pound him into submission with sales pitches of how much better Shitsta is than XPOS.
Thats all I have to go off of.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”