Mafia 108 - Mafia With The Quickness - over!

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm seeing SK as more likely scum than Bogre.

Bogre touched on it in post 1004, but it's the firmness in stances that is what separates the two players for me. Bogre's stancces have looked more firm to me, where as SK's movement from one vote to the next has looked a lot more to me like a scum who wants to keep his options open.

When you put SK's rolefishing on top of that. I really don't like the idea of SK getting away from the noose.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Haylen.
Yosarian2 wrote:You distanced from Bogre, making a weak attack against him and then voting for Zach.
Well, I can't really defend against this, except to say I wasn't distancing.
Yosarian2 wrote:That dosn't actually answer my question, which is, why do you think it's likely Zach is scum with Bogre considering that they were the main two bandwagons for most of day 1?
I think you mean why do I think it's likely that Zach is scum with Neto, right? Anyway, I'm suspicious because he didn't really try hard to come up with reasons for voting Neto until he was pressured into doing so. Just because he was voting Neto doesn't mean he's not scum. Like I said earlier, I've seen scum bus hard before.
Yosarian2 wrote:(Also, nice little implied barb at the end there. I was certanly not "reluctant" to lynch Neto yesterday, and I think I made clear yesterday that I was intending to eventually vote for him; only reason I ended up not doing so was because the day ended so quickly.)
Actually, your desire to have Neto lynched is
not
clear Day 2. You entered a lot of hypothetical "what-ifs" concerning the possibility that Neto is scum, true, but I didn't see anything that implied you were going to vote for him. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.
Yosarian2 wrote:What do you think about Bogre, SK?
Well, up until now I was thinking he was scum. However, your post (especially regarding what I feel is misrepresentation of your behavior towards Neto on Day 2) has just made me feel
very
uneasy about your alignment. And if you're scum, then your most plausible scumbuddy is Zach, which would mean Bogre is innocent (assuming a 3-man scumteam)...

To Everyone Here: What do you guys think about Zach and Yos?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:40 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Zachrulez wrote:Bogre's stancces have looked more firm to me
How so?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SaintKerrigan wrote: I think you mean why do I think it's likely that Zach is scum with Neto, right? Anyway, I'm suspicious because he didn't really try hard to come up with reasons for voting Neto until he was pressured into doing so. Just because he was voting Neto doesn't mean he's not scum. Like I said earlier, I've seen scum bus hard before.
It's not just that he was voting Neto. It's more that, in my experence, there are very rarely two major bandwagons competing against each other that are BOTH on scum; if one scum starts to get bandwagoned, scum usually push a wagon on a pro-town person to compete with it.
Yosarian2 wrote:(Also, nice little implied barb at the end there. I was certanly not "reluctant" to lynch Neto yesterday, and I think I made clear yesterday that I was intending to eventually vote for him; only reason I ended up not doing so was because the day ended so quickly.)
Actually, your desire to have Neto lynched is
not
clear Day 2. You entered a lot of hypothetical "what-ifs" concerning the possibility that Neto is scum, true, but I didn't see anything that implied you were going to vote for him. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.
After I ran my voting analysis on day 2, this was my conclusion:
Yosarian2 wrote: At the moment, I'm leaning towards lynching either Neto or Elibereth, because I can't think of any plausible scumgroups that dosn't include at least one or the other of them.
I don't understand how you could have read that and come away with the conclusion that I was "reluctant" to lynch for Neto.
Yosarian2 wrote:What do you think about Bogre, SK?
Well, up until now I was thinking he was scum. However, your post (especially regarding what I feel is misrepresentation of your behavior towards Neto on Day 2) has just made me feel
very
uneasy about your alignment. And if you're scum, then your most plausible scumbuddy is Zach, which would mean Bogre is innocent (assuming a 3-man scumteam)...
Lol.

That's complete bull, SK. You've never given any sign that you "thought Bogre was scum". You made a weak attack against him, made an excuse for why you voted someone else instead, and now that I'm questioning you about it, you're trying to come up with some alternate theory to try to get someone other then Bogre lynched. You claim you "Thought he was scum", but you never once really supported a bandwagon on him, at all.

I think we've got this one in the bag. Scum team is SK and Bogre.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Yosarian2 wrote:It's not just that he was voting Neto. It's more that, in my experence, there are very rarely two major bandwagons competing against each other that are BOTH on scum; if one scum starts to get bandwagoned, scum usually push a wagon on a pro-town person to compete with it.
And in my experience, I've seen scum bus when a partner is viewed as scummy by a good number of the players. I don't think this argument is going to lead to anything constructive, so can we drop it?
Yosarian2 wrote:I don't understand how you could have read that and come away with the conclusion that I was "reluctant" to lynch for Neto.
That's not very compelling. Your given reason for wanting to lynch Neto (as well as Elli) is for voting patterns only. From what you've said, you could just as easily have wanted to vote for Elli. Plus, you
were
reluctant to lynch Neto and Zach on Day 1, and by Day 2 it could easily have been decided (after a nice nightchat) that it was better off to bus Neto rather than try to defend him.
Yosarian2 wrote: That's complete bull, SK. You've never given any sign that you "thought Bogre was scum". You made a weak attack against him, made an excuse for why you voted someone else instead, and now that I'm questioning you about it, you're trying to come up with some alternate theory to try to get someone other then Bogre lynched. You claim you "Thought he was scum", but you never once really supported a bandwagon on him, at all.
Hey, check this out:
SaintKerrigan wrote:I would vote for Bogre, but my vote would be the hammer, and I'm not ready to end the day just yet. I'm interested in seeing what other people have to say first.
You also seem to be forgetting that I was voting for him on Day 2.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #7 of Day 3

Haylen (1) <-~ Maemuki
*Bogre (4) <-~ Yosarian2, Haylen, Glork, Ellibereth
SaintKerrigan (2) <-~ Zachrulez, Bogre
Zachrulez (1) <-~ SaintKerrigan

With 8 alive, 5 votes will do it.

Note:
an asterisk by a player's name indicates said player would be lynched if Day were to end right this moment without a lynch majority.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:It's not just that he was voting Neto. It's more that, in my experence, there are very rarely two major bandwagons competing against each other that are BOTH on scum; if one scum starts to get bandwagoned, scum usually push a wagon on a pro-town person to compete with it.
And in my experience, I've seen scum bus when a partner is viewed as scummy by a good number of the players.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was just making, which was about the low probability of there being two competing scum wagons; if scum decide to bus, then that also generally means there won't be two competing scum wagons.
Yosarian2 wrote:I don't understand how you could have read that and come away with the conclusion that I was "reluctant" to lynch for Neto.
That's not very compelling. Your given reason for wanting to lynch Neto (as well as Elli) is for voting patterns only.
Yup. Based on voting patterns, I was sure that either Neto or Elli had to be scum. And I was correct; not sure why you're trying to talk down 'voting patterns', considering how well that method of scumhunting worked. It really wasn't based on Neto's actions; I didn't think his actions were that scummy, actually, other then his claim, but based on how day 1 turned out, and based on how people were voting at different times, there just weren't that many possible scenarios where he wasn't scum.
From what you've said, you could just as easily have wanted to vote for Elli.
If you read that whole post, how many possible scenarios I had with him as scum vs. with him as town, I think it would have been clear that I was really leaning towards lynching Neto, both because of the high chance of him being scum and in order to gather information; there really weren't many possible scumgroups that didn't include Neto.
Plus, you
were
reluctant to lynch Neto and Zach on Day 1, and by Day 2 it could easily have been decided (after a nice nightchat) that it was better off to bus Neto rather than try to defend him.
[/quote]

So, first you're attacking me for not attacking Neto, now you're accusing me of bussing him?

It really looks like you're just trying to come up whatever scenerio you can that makes me look like scum. I was somewhat unhappy with lynching Neto on day 1 (although I would have been in favor of a neto lynch over a Zach lynch), but I think you were more reluctant then I was.

Yosarian2 wrote: That's complete bull, SK. You've never given any sign that you "thought Bogre was scum". You made a weak attack against him, made an excuse for why you voted someone else instead, and now that I'm questioning you about it, you're trying to come up with some alternate theory to try to get someone other then Bogre lynched. You claim you "Thought he was scum", but you never once really supported a bandwagon on him, at all.
Hey, check this out:
SaintKerrigan wrote:I would vote for Bogre, but my vote would be the hammer, and I'm not ready to end the day just yet. I'm interested in seeing what other people have to say first.
That was the excuse you gave for not voting for Bogre, in response to me questioning you about it and accusing you of distancing; basically, I accused you of being scum with Bogre and asked you what you thought about him, and you gave an excuse for not voting for him. Then, within a page, you suddenly started arguing that me and Zach were scum, and that Bogre was innocent.

Also, I think you were defending Bogre from GLork here:
SaintK wrote:
Also, how is trying to put Bogre at L-1 (which he isn't at, by the way) and forcing him to claim any different from my "rolefishing" earlier? Come to think of it, you've already got a claim out of me. Now you're trying to get a claim out of someone else? This is making me feel uneasy about you. I guess I'll have to ISO you, in addition to Bogre.
SaintKerrigan wrote: You also seem to be forgetting that I was voting for him on Day 2.
Hmmm...you're right, actually, I did forget about it.

Looking back, this was where you voted for Bogre:
SaintKerrigan wrote:
Unvote: Gayle. Vote: Bogre.

Misrepresentation noted.
Hmm. I do agree with you Bogre was misrepresenting Gayle there (I assume that's what you were talking about?) It's interesting; you kept your vote on Bogre for most of day 2, but I don't see much else you said to reinforce your attack on him.

Anyway, if you thought Bogre was scum on day 2, then why did you not seem to want to follow up on that today?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I'm not voting Bogre at the moment because:

A: My vote hammers him, and I want some discussion first.
B: You are currently making me feel uneasy, and if you're scum, I doubt Bogre is your partner.

If I had to vote right this minute, my vote would go on Bogre. Since I don't have to vote right this minute, I'm interested in exploring other possibilities. Right now, I'm exploring the Yos/Zach/Neto scumhood possibility.
Yosarian2 wrote:That has absolutely nothing to do with the point I was just making, which was about the low probability of there being two competing scum wagons; if scum decide to bus, then that also generally means there won't be two competing scum wagons.
(sigh)
My
point was that we're arguing different points of view on what scum will and won't do. I feel that arguing as such is fruitless.
Yosarian2 wrote:Yup. Based on voting patterns, I was sure that either Neto or Elli had to be scum. And I was correct; not sure why you're trying to talk down 'voting patterns', considering how well that method of scumhunting worked. It really wasn't based on Neto's actions; I didn't think his actions were that scummy, actually, other then his claim, but based on how day 1 turned out, and based on how people were voting at different times, there just weren't that many possible scenarios where he wasn't scum.

If you read that whole post, how many possible scenarios I had with him as scum vs. with him as town, I think it would have been clear that I was really leaning towards lynching Neto, both because of the high chance of him being scum and in order to gather information; there really weren't many possible scumgroups that didn't include Neto.
So why didn't you vote for him, then? Actually, I have an idea. (See below.)
Yosarian2 wrote:So, first you're attacking me for not attacking Neto, now you're accusing me of bussing him?
I should've said "distance" instead of bus. If you come out and bus him, it would make you look more suspicious. So you have to follow a logical progression first, find a reason to make him look suspicious from your point of view, so then when you
do
bus him, it all looks natural.
Yosarian2 wrote:That was the excuse you gave for not voting for Bogre, in response to me questioning you about it and accusing you of distancing; basically, I accused you of being scum with Bogre and asked you what you thought about him, and you gave an excuse for not voting for him. Then, within a page, you suddenly started arguing that me and Zach were scum, and that Bogre was innocent.
Because if you and Zach are scum (and assuming there's only a 3-man scum team), Bogre must be innocent. I find it hard to pair Bogre up with either you or Zach. On the other hand, I could see you and Zach as scumpartners. Like I said earlier in this post, I'm interested in seeing what else is out there, and not just lynch the person I see is scummiest right now. Who knows what evidence probing like this can turn up?
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, I think you were defending Bogre from GLork here:
SaintKerrigan wrote:Also, how is trying to put Bogre at L-1 (which he isn't at, by the way) and forcing him to claim any different from my "rolefishing" earlier? Come to think of it, you've already got a claim out of me. Now you're trying to get a claim out of someone else? This is making me feel uneasy about you. I guess I'll have to ISO you, in addition to Bogre.
This isn't me defending Bogre. This is me asking Glork how what he is doing isn't considered "rolefishing," which I've been accused (by him and other people) of doing. I think you're stretching a bit here.
Yosarian2 wrote:Hmm. I do agree with you Bogre was misrepresenting Gayle there (I assume that's what you were talking about?) It's interesting; you kept your vote on Bogre for most of day 2, but I don't see much else you said to reinforce your attack on him.
I wasn't feeling well for the latter part of Day 2, if you'll recall. Neto got lynched before I could return and continue my line of inquiry.
Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, if you thought Bogre was scum on day 2, then why did you not seem to want to follow up on that today?
Because at the start of the day I was more preoccupied with ISO'ing Haylen and Maemuki, two of my suspects at the time. By the time Bogre came back into the spotlight, I decided I wanted to re-ISO him to make sure I had my suspicions right. When I was done with that, he was at L-1, so I couldn't vote for him. I was also dealing with conflicting suspicions of Bogre and Zachrulez. As I said earlier, I don't think those two can be scum together.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:51 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh, and I don't think Glork ever answered my question regarding the "rolefishing." Glork, mind answering that for me?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Maemuki »

SaintKerrigan wrote:I'm not voting Bogre at the moment because:

A: My vote hammers him, and I want some discussion first.
*looks at deadline*
If I had to vote right this minute, my vote would go on Bogre. Since I don't have to vote right this minute, I'm interested in exploring other possibilities. Right now, I'm exploring the Yos/Zach/Neto scumhood possibility.
*looks at deadline*

Dear SK,

You rolefished 'cause you asked Hayl "so why don't you want to claim?", which is a nice way to say "so please claim".

Btw,
unvote
. I wonder if Bogre can get over here before deadline...

Love,
Mae
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

*pokes Mae because he's so tired of hearing about the rolefishing claim that he really can't defend against except to say that he wasn't trying to do it*

I'm fully aware of the deadline. I'm also aware that it hasn't happened yet. I doubt Bogre is going to escape the noose (unless I get run up as an alternate wagon), so why not wait a while and talk about things, see what we can discover, eh?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh, and I thought you didn't love me anymore... ;)
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Maemuki »

SaintKerrigan wrote:*pokes Mae because he's so tired of hearing about the rolefishing claim that he really can't defend against except to say that he wasn't trying to do it*

I'm fully aware of the deadline. I'm also aware that it hasn't happened yet. I doubt Bogre is going to escape the noose (unless I get run up as an alternate wagon), so why not wait a while and talk about things, see what we can discover, eh?
*gets sword because she's so tired of hearing about that excuse*

Yeah, if you want me to be super bored...sure why not.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Maemuki »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Oh, and I thought you didn't love me anymore... ;)
That's my usual format.... :(
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

*screams...silence...
drip drip drip

So what do you think about Zach and Yos?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Haylen »

*smacks you both round the head with a newspaper*

Quit it. 2.5 hrs til deadline.

*knocks myself out with newspaper.*
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Oh hai, Haylen. What do you think about Zach and Yos?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Haylen »

I think I still want to straighten Yos' hair, and I think Zach is a pretty nice guy.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Haylen wrote:I think I still want to straighten Yos' hair, and I think Zach is a pretty nice guy.
Not what I meant, and I think you know that. I'm interested in whether you think either Yos or Zach is scummy.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Maemuki »

Haylen wrote:I think I still want to straighten Yos' hair, and I think Zach is a pretty nice guy.
Dear Haylen,

Love,
Mae
SaintKerrigan wrote:*screams...silence...
drip drip drip

So what do you think about Zach and Yos?
Zach isn't scum. Yos isn't scum. For now of course.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Haylen »

I dont think either of them is scummy. But i'm trying to work out why Yos has been kept alive for so long, if he's town.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Haylen »

Dear Mae,

You're still one of my favourite girls on MS

<3

Love, Hayl

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Either of you care to elaborate on your reasons why?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Haylen »

Because there arent many girls on MS?

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Sorry, not what I meant. I was referring to your opinions on Zach and Yos.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”