Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Heilograph »

cruelty wrote:Heilograph. Content. Post some.
what form? I don't see you on the content bandwagon
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by cruelty »

vote: heilograph

Active lurking.

MY content is irrelevant. This is about you and your lack of participation. This has been a common trend with your playerslot and I have no idea why you'd continue it.

The fact that you're trying to turn this back on me (I've been one of the most active players in this game) is ludicrous. If you don't want to play the game, replace out. Otherwise, bring something to the table.
the nexus of the crisis
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Chris wrote:Man, if you are scum, you probably would have been better just staying quiet if that is the best you've got to offer.
Since when is it a good idea to stay quiet in Mafia? Shouldn't one vote if one sees a need, and make something known if it bears being made known? I see your self-meta as a scummy, weak defense. Let others do research on you and come to their own conclusions.
Chris wrote:That speaks with too much confidence.
Is there such a thing as too much confidence?
Chris wrote:Also I find it greatly amusing he doesn't like WIFOM when WIFOM in and of itself is neutral because of its very nature:
What if I don't like the neutrality that WIFOM brings? Things are so much easier when nothing is neutral.
Chris wrote:No other thoughts on any of the other potential scum?
Well, my second suspect is Furry, but you stand out as scum to me alot more than he does.
Chris wrote:I just browsed a game very quickly where our good friend Kirbyoshi was lynched day one
Which game? The only game I remember on MS where I was lynched D1 was my very first game, and I like to think I've matured alot since then.

Your over-defensiveness just solidifies to me that you're scum.
It is a good idea to stay quiet when your post was so obviously scummy. You had me at neutral before that terrible post. Also you didn't really do any research on me at all, so that's kind of amusing for you to suggest that others do what you will not.

Yes, there is such a thing as too much confidence. That is a very weird question to ask. Appearing to be absolutely certain means you have ruled out other possible scenarios and leaves you further exposed if you are wrong. A scum mistake I often find is they try to appear 100% confident in their votes to give off town genuineness, but it doesn't work like that. There should always be present that little bit of doubt and worry over a lynch, that you missed something, that you misrepresented another player. I believe for someone with one post in this game you come off as far too confident in a result, doubly so when I know it not to be true. Also I don't know about anyone else, but when town is down this many players you are damn fucking skippy I am going to be defensive about it. Town can't afford to lose me because I am town, kinda obviously stated I know, but it is as simple as that.

You say your second suspect is randomly furry, but give no reasoning. I feel no pressure from you, no about to die feel. You posts feels manufactured and glib, when neither is a good side at this point. Why is Furry scum in your eyes? Instead of posting one line and acting as if it doesn't matter, explain yourself. In fact, explain your thoughts on more than just one player in the game. These type of posts don't show anyone anything. You are not scum hunting, you are just randomly spouting out sentences you believe sound good and then rolling with it.

The game I looked at was Mini 848, and it is amusing you say that you think you've matured from earlier because honestly if you are town as you were then you have regressed terribly as a playr who provides insightful and useful views into a topic, one of the reasons I think you are scum: You aren't providing a unique perspective, simply rehashing and trying to make it look good.

And here's a protip for you. When your life is on the line in mafia there is absolutely no such thing as over-defensive. The term is bad and doesn't belong in mafia. My defense of myself is exactly where it needs to be because I absolutely knew this was coming. You have provided absolutely nothing in terms of content that couldn't be thought up by a random mafia lingo script, and that's bad.

I don't go down quietly.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Furry »

Dear people that think over-defensiveness is a scum tell,

Over defensiveness is not a scum tell

Love,

Me
Temporary unretired alt
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by cruelty »

Useful insight, thanks.

I don't think you're entirely correct. I think that over-defensiveness isn't exclusively a scumtell but is definitely something that you're likely to find coming from players with something to lose. That is, a PR or scum.

You couldn't lynch for over-defensiveness alone, but I think it's absolutely a decent tell assuming the presence of other compelling evidence.
the nexus of the crisis
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Well, my something to lose is this game =P
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Post by Furry »

cruelty wrote:I don't think you're entirely correct. I think that over-defensiveness isn't exclusively a scumtell but is definitely something that you're likely to find coming from players with something to lose. That is, a PR or scum.

You couldn't lynch for over-defensiveness alone, but I think it's absolutely a decent tell assuming the presence of other compelling evidence.
Nope, its the biggest crap tell ever given that its purely objective AND based on natural tendancies. People trying to push a case based on it are more likely to be scum then the people getting pushed. Its that bad of a scumtell. I would vig based on it alone if I had any version of a town read on who its being used on.
Temporary unretired alt
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 am

Post by cruelty »

I disagree. But then, I disagree with most of what you say so I'm not going to read into it.
the nexus of the crisis
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 am

Post by CrueKnight »

lol. Sir Chris is on firee! :p

And what the heck is up with posts 950 - 964?

As for the over-defensive Sir Chris, I would normally look at that as scummy. But as said before, the mafia really has nothing to lose. They're all living. They hold 3+ votes.
The mafia would normally act cool in this situation.

As for my thoughts... I'm still trying to decide between DJ and Sir Chris.
DJ because I didn't really feel comfortable with SolemnJ. (Have to re-read though)
Sir Chris because cruelty made a few pointers on him that may be valid. (post 948)

As for Heilograph, I don't think he's lynchable yet, but he's asking for it if the only thing he's going to give is a choice on a bandwagon. That goes for Yoshi-whats-hisname too.
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Kdub »

kunkstar7, mikeburnfire, and don_johnson have been prodded.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (0)
-
Furry (0)
-
cruelty (0)
-
Sir Chris (2)
- don_johnson, Kirbyoshi
kunkstar7 (1)
- mikeburnfire
Faraday (0)
-
don_johnson (1)
- Furry
Kirbyoshi (1)
- Sir Chris
mikeburnfire (0)
-
Heilograph (1)
- cruelty
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- CrueKnight, kunkstar7, Faraday, Heilograph

10 players alive, 6 votes needed to lynch.

Deadline is January 22, ~10:00 pm MST
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Heilograph
Heilograph
Goon
Heilograph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Heilograph »

cruelty wrote:
vote: heilograph

Active lurking.

MY content is irrelevant. This is about you and your lack of participation. This has been a common trend with your playerslot and I have no idea why you'd continue it.

The fact that you're trying to turn this back on me (I've been one of the most active players in this game) is ludicrous. If you don't want to play the game, replace out. Otherwise, bring something to the table.

Active lurking, can I get a defination of that, I view my self as a turtle not really saying my true intent. A common trend.... It not like my slot has been replaced 5 times, a trend is the general
movement over time of a statistically detectable change. I can't really see muc. Of a trend forming has not really occurred over Katniss/cadres ..
Turning it back a you is a good question for you have been posting info ( yes I agree that you had been active) but what case is against me beside a "trend" and "active lurking" ?
Wondering if they will ever make a mafiascum app for iPhone...

I'm a turtle!!
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 am

Post by cruelty »

Is this your first game?

Active lurking - posting enough content to be present in the thread without actually contributing to the game in any manner. This is what you're doing.
the nexus of the crisis
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

i have to side with cruelty in cruelty vs. heilo. 985 is a perfect example of "active lurking".

i still don't see a reason to move from sir chris. i want to reread today. i will try and get something up later. school started for me again last thursday, but it shouldn't be a problem(just my first priority).
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:30 am

Post by cruelty »

Actually y'know what I'm gonna dissect that post a little more.
Heilo wrote:I view my self as a turtle not really saying my true intent.
How does this help town in identifying and eliminating mafia? If anything, it's mafia who will play like this; they want to appear helpful to town but their true intent is to kill off town and win the game. So explain to me exactly - and I mean lay it out really fucking clearly - what you're trying to achieve by playing like this.

Actually while you're doing it explain to me how that in any way relates to a turtle. I'm not really sure the analogy is appropriate.
Heilo wrote:a trend is the general
movement over time of a statistically detectable change.
Right. Did you get that from dictionary.com? Look, you know (well I hope you do, I'm not exactly being subtle) exactly what I meant - your playerslot has not contributed significantly at all throughout the entirety of this game. Fix this.

Not only that, but this quote is also a weird semantic deflection. You're not addressing the issue, you're STILL not contributing, you're just quoting some definition and thinking it will get you off the hook here. It won't.

Now I'll go back a little.
Heilo wrote:Cadres was lurking I will give you credit.
Besides him being a dick by even joining the game, I must say I have provided more content than me previous person.
No, you haven't. You've provided nothing.
Heilo wrote:Lazy people here, if you didnt want to read the game yourself then why did you replace in?
If you didn't want to play the game why did YOU replace in? Unless you're mafia, in which case your playstyle makes a lot more sense to me.
Heilo wrote:but what case is against me beside a "trend" and "active lurking" ?
Points against you.

- Continued active lurking.
- Complete lack of contribution.
- This weird 'turtle' playstyle.
- Deflection.
- Not reading the thread (This was evidenced by citing wicked as a suspect the day after wicked got lynched).

What do I want from you?

I want you to build a case against someone. Take your #1 suspect (whoever that is, and protip, wicked was lynched yesterday), find good, solid reasons that that person is scummy, and post them. Your job (assuming you're town) is to help find scum. So far, you haven't done anything. Change this.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

Post by cruelty »

Sorry for the double post.
CrueKnight wrote: As for my thoughts... I'm still trying to decide between DJ and Sir Chris.
DJ because I didn't really feel comfortable with SolemnJ. (Have to re-read though)
Sir Chris because cruelty made a few pointers on him that may be valid. (post 948)

Why those two?

Why not me? Given that someone [dj?] brought up the fact that both chris and I were on both mislynch wagons, why do you not find me suspicious?

Why do you find chris to be suspicious because of something I said? Is that the only reason? Has he said anything that set off alarm bells for you, or are you entirely basing your suspicion on things I've said?
the nexus of the crisis
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Also I find it funny in a not funny way how the discussion has shifted from Kirbyoshi (the points I bring up) to just about everyone BUT Kirbyoshi.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

Kirbo's vote on Sir Chris is fairly bad. Not really for the subject of hus vote but b/c of his reasons for giving it. Idk it's like he's trying to manufacture some suspiciouns.

Overdefensiveness isn't a scum-tell, I agree with Furry here in that it's a very bad reason to suspect someone, town have as much reason to be defensive as scum, heck to me it can be a town tell at times.

Heliograph comparing himself to a turtle is very hilarious.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

My point with Chris being over-defensive is that I put him at L-
, and then he posted walls of text (albeit over many different double- and triple-postings). I could see that at L-2, and it's certainly merited at L-1, but why did he feel the need to go berserk over L-4?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Sir Chris »

I am a very proactive player. If it is good enough for -1 or -2, it is good enough for whatever the hell minus number you put me at. I had a problem with your vote and I wasn't going to wait. I am not some silly player who plays passive-aggressive because of my vote count. I went berserk because I found your vote insanely scummy and it lacked genuineness. I will quit mafia before I let my position on a lynch fully dictate my response to other players.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Still here, but nothing has changed. Sir Chris is town, and the votes on him are misplaced. The people who aren't voting need to put their vote somewhere.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CrueKnight wrote:lol. Sir Chris is on firee! :p

And what the heck is up with posts 950 - 964?

As for the over-defensive Sir Chris, I would normally look at that as scummy. But as said before, the mafia really has nothing to lose. They're all living. They hold 3+ votes.
The mafia would normally act cool in this situation.

As for my thoughts... I'm still trying to decide between DJ and Sir Chris.

As for Heilograph, I don't think he's lynchable yet, but he's asking for it if the only thing he's going to give is a choice on a bandwagon. That goes for Yoshi-whats-hisname too.
Yes the mafia would act cool. Just like your post.

You think DJ might be scum because you feel uncomfortable with him? And what about Sir Chris's thoughts on cruelty? Or are you just siding with cruelty without regard to the other side? You don't care who gets lynched seems like to me.

Vote: crueknight
Welcome to the Network.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Furry »

cruelty wrote:I disagree. But then, I disagree with most of what you say so I'm not going to read into it.
Then you are wrong if you disagree. I can argue this for hours on end, but I will spare you. Purely objective tells are poor though.
Kirbyoshi wrote:My point with Chris being over-defensive is that I put him at L-
, and then he posted walls of text (albeit over many different double- and triple-postings). I could see that at L-2, and it's certainly merited at L-1, but why did he feel the need to go berserk over L-4?
I refer you to my previous statements about using over-defensive. I also suddenly remember who you replaced

unvote
vote kirbyoshi

Why is getting aggressive at being at L-4 scummy? Why is it even bad for that matter? Its natural. I get aggressive when im close to a lynch, I still play it more or less methodical, but I rarely get lynched in part due to how hard I fight when anyone puts me close. Playing not only to not get lynched, but also to not even get close is playing to your win condition, regardless of alignment.

Also please lets not go back to the CK wagon. We are lynching danakirby.
Temporary unretired alt
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Furry »

Also deadline is Friday

Hop to it
Temporary unretired alt
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Furry, L-4 is nowhere close to a lynch.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Furry »

Kirbyoshi wrote:Furry, L-4 is nowhere close to a lynch.
So why is what he is doing scummy? As much detail as possible please.
Temporary unretired alt

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”