Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Flareonage »

This is the craziest claim I've ever seen. almightybob's last post makes perfect sense. You are completely useless to us if you are telling the truth. Either way lynching you won't be a bad thing

Vote:PatriotsDynasty09
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Gayle »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:Your biggest argument against me is that I was pushing a policy in which others were doing so too. What made you single me out?
I've already listed my reason for suspecting you. And after your fakeclaim-while-advocating-a-no-lynch, a scum tell worth double points, I am 100% sure you are scum. I 'singled you out' because the other players are nowhere near as scummy as you.
PD wrote:Like I've said 1000 times a no lynch is not always a bad thing, it depends on what happens during the night.
Repeating a lie 1000 times doesn't make it true.
PD wrote:Well since I know that I am the cop, a cc would help because then I would know who is scum.
In other words, you could try to get the real cop lynched.
PD wrote:So no I am
NOT
the best lynch
So in that scenario I presented, a more solid player who gave reasons for his latest vote, even if they seem to 'go with the flow' a bit, is a better lynch?
PD wrote:Townies as in Vanilla Townies. Why would power roles not care about being lynched?
In order to prove that they were not lying and cast suspicion on those who accused them. At least that is how I believe your 'Townies shouldn't care' theory works.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

Post by almightybob »

PD wrote:AB just is going with the flow with no reasons to input, just that he is agreeing with "all" of the reasons against me.
Only one person can be the first to point out a reason. Several people have raised good points against you. All I can do with issues already raised by someone else is either:
a) say "I agree with your points", or
b) reiterate them in my own words.

No doubt if I did the latter you would be accusing me of rewording someone else's argument to appear pro-Town.

My reasons for voting you at the time were as follows:
- A no-lynch is very bad for Town. It wastes an opportunity to kill a potential scum. I would frankly rather lynch anyone than no-one if it came to that.
- Several people have raised good points against you. You have not, in my opinion, defended against them sufficiently well to dispel the suspicion they raise.
- You are therefore a better-than-average choice for today's lynch, and as such I am happy to put you at L-2. This close to deadline, those reasons are good enough for me to be happy to hammer you.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 am

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

*No Comment*

Just hope we can win this one Kyiv.
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am

Post by almightybob »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:*No Comment*

Why Kyiv?
If you've just outed your scumbuddy and ruined this game I'm going to be incredibly pissed off.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Gayle »

Keep in mind PD loves to scheme. Either he is trying to hint that he is a town resigned to his fate, or he is trying to cast suspicion on Kyiv. Kyiv because compared to others, she has done remarkably little.

PD, refusing to answer further questions doesn't help your case any.
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:20 am

Gayle wrote: PD, refusing to answer further questions doesn't help your case any.
There are times when silence has the loudest voice

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Gayle »

PD wrote:There are times when silence has the loudest voice
And in this case it is shouting "I CAN'T COME UP WITH GOOD ANSWERS, SO I'M JUST GONNA STAY QUIET"
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 am

Post by RandomMaster »

Like to point out: PD's list of people he thinks is scummy in order:
PD09 wrote:Just in case you missed it, I said that Kunk is third on my list of scum

Gayle
Michel
Kunk
Yet, he throws a vote on AB. Why?

Also, Flareonage, do you have anything to add behind your vote besides what almightybob said in his post?

Kunk, I still would like to hear your thoughts of post 242.
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 am

Gayle wrote:
PD wrote:There are times when silence has the loudest voice
And in this case it is shouting "I CAN'T COME UP WITH GOOD ANSWERS, SO I'M JUST GONNA STAY QUIET"
We all know that the more I talk, the more it helps you guys reveal who my scumbuddy is. So I took the liberty and did that for you.

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:27 am

Post by almightybob »

You vindictive little bastard.
I'm a townie! Honest!

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

"Claiming" unnecessarily at L-2, did you even count votes PD09? There is no way that a true cop would have outed himself so easily.
PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:*No Comment*

This right here solidifies his position as scum. He knows he's going down so he's either ruining the game for Kyiv or trying to throw some confusion into town while he still can.

Vote: PatriotsDynasty09
Welcome to the Network.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 am

Post by almightybob »

Too late kunk, the game was over as of post 309. I've PMed pablito letting him know PD has ruined the game.
I'm a townie! Honest!

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:32 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I was really hoping PD was just doing the latter, trying to add confusion. No, he had to go ruin the game.
Welcome to the Network.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Flareonage »

RandomMaster wrote:
Also, Flareonage, do you have anything to add behind your vote besides what almightybob said in his post?
No, logically PD is of no use to us alive or dead if he's the cop. If he's not the cop he's scum
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 am

Post by RandomMaster »

Either way, if PD ruined the game, or sending the confusion, he is lynched.

Gayle, Michel, AB, Flareonage and Kunk all voted for him. That is 5 and a majority.
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:36 am

FYI no one is allowed to talk during the twilight phase. Thought I should let you know.

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Gayle »

Bob, did the mod say that game was over, or did you just assume PD is telling the truth and PM the mod in rage? Don't do shit like that. Now, the game is ruined even if PD was just using a strategy.

Also, I realize that I am posting now, but if the game is in fact still going, the mod has a rule that no one talks during twilight.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 am

Post by almightybob »

The mod didn't say that the game was over. He hasn't read my PM yet. But if a player outs their scumbuddy, the game would usually be abandoned.

There's two possible outcomes here.

1. PD is, in fact, scum. This means the game must be abandoned, whether or not Kyiv is his scumbuddy.
If Kyiv is his scumbuddy, we need to abandon for obvious reasons.
If Kyiv is not his scumbuddy, continuing the game would effectively leave Kyiv cleared as Town by the mod, which would be very unfair on the real scumbuddy. So we would need to abandon anyway in that situation.

2. PD is Town. Then he's just a twat, and we can continue.

But note that if PD is scum, he ruined this game the moment he outed himself and fingered Kyiv as his scumbuddy,
whether it was "a strategy" or not
. Whether or not he is telling the truth about that aspect, if he is scum we need to abandonthis game. So it's not me that ruined it in any way.

If PD is Town, then we can continue this game, apologies to the mod for breaking the Twilight-posting rule, and PD is the first person to make my personal blacklist.
I'm a townie! Honest!

pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by pablito »

Once a player or no-lynch hits a majority, it is Twilight. Please do not post during twilight. I will lock the thread once I can. Once you are dead, you may no longer post.

Note: I believe that Newbie games should have training as the foremost priority and therefore the game will continue as planned to ensure that the training can progress, even if it means that the overall game outcome has already been decided. No matter what conclusions you may make, training, learning, and appropriate discussion will result as we complete the game and go through the motions.

Final Vote Count

PatriotsDynasty09 (5): MichelSableheart, Gayle, almightybob, Flareonage, kunkstar7
almightybob (1): PatriotsDynasty09

Not Voting: RandomMaster, Lastsurvivor, Kyiv

And with 5 votes, PatriotsDynasty09 has been lynched! Unfortunately for the town, PatriotsDynasty09 had a gun in his hand. He must've used it for secret investigations. Secret
nefarious
investigations.
PatriotsDynasty09, Mafia Roleblocker
has been lynched!

Please send in your night choices within the next 72 hours. I will not re-open the thread until a minimum of 48 hrs have passed.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by pablito »

Through the night everyone had a good rest. Everyone woke up and nothing seemed out of the ordinary!

But then they realized that Gayle was missing. So short Gayle's time was with us.
Gayle, vanilla townie
was killed night 1.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Sup, later.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 am

Post by almightybob »

Vote: Kyiv

Hollow victory is hollow.
I'm a townie! Honest!

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

bob, stop that. #303 by Patriots was obviously intentionally seeding confusion. Considering Kyiv confirmed scum for that is ridiculous.

---------------------------------
Besides, there is far more important information to progress. Patriots was a roleblocker, so we either have a cop and doc, or are all vanilla.

If we have a cop, and that cop investigated someone other then Gayle, that cop should claim. I can guarantee that claiming is better then not claiming in that scenario. A cop who investigated Gayle, OTOH, probably should remain hidden for now.

If I am the cop, I investigated Gayle last night.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:48 am

Post by almightybob »

Really? Even with the mod using phrases like "going through the motions"?

Fine, I'll play along.
Unvote

So Kyiv, tell us why PD didn't just name his scumbuddy to ruin the game.

MS wrote:If I am the cop, I investigated Gayle last night.
Keeping the scum guessing. Clever.

I do agree with the other part though. If we have a cop, they can be assured that we also have a living doc, and therefore if they have
any
useful result right now they should step forward. Even an innocent result on someone will narrow the pool of potential scum.

If I am the cop, I investigated Gayle last night.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Interesting night kill. Gayle puts super suspicion onto PD and Kunk, gets one of them right, and is now dead.

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

@Michel: If I wanted to go out with a [fail] blaze of glory like PD, I would totally out my partner, because everyone would find them clear. Not saying she's scum, just saying that she shouldn't be cleared.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”