Newbie 888 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by almightybob »

RandomMaster has good points about Kunk in 242, although I think he and Gayle are making too big a deal of Kunk's reaction to Gayle's "Medix is Town" spoiler thing.
If you're going to claim, just do it. Don't softclaim Town without giving a real role (like where he later claims Townie), and don't put it in spoiler tags, and don't say it about your replacee.

I think the reason Kunk responded sarcastically is because all you said was "Medix is Town", as if we're supposed to just accept your word and move on. Especially the way you phrased it makes it seem as if you're talking about someone other than yourself.

I think I might iso a few people and see if I see anything.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Gayle »

almightybob wrote:If you're going to claim, just do it. Don't softclaim Town without giving a real role (like where he later claims Townie), and don't put it in spoiler tags, and don't say it about your replacee.
Thing is, I wasn't trying to claim at all.
bob wrote:I think the reason Kunk responded sarcastically is because all you said was "Medix is Town", as if we're supposed to just accept your word and move on. Especially the way you phrased it makes it seem as if you're talking about someone other than yourself.
If that is the case, why did he try to claim it wasn't sarcasm?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Gayle »

Lastsurvivor wrote:No, the Monday before that.
So you were going with the flow for most of the game?
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Gayle wrote:
Lastsurvivor wrote:No, the Monday before that.
So you were going with the flow for most of the game?
That week I was going with the flow only contributed two pages, so I would not say that it was for most of the game.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by pablito »

Vote Count

Gayle (3): Kyiv, RandomMaster, kunkstar7
Flareonage (1): almightybob
Kyiv (1): PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09 (1): MichelSableheart
kunkstar7 (1): Gayle

not voting: Lastsurvivor, Flareonage

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline remains on January 21 (7 days away). At deadline, no majority vote means no lynch.
Sup, later.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Gayle »

Lastsurvivor wrote:That week I was going with the flow only contributed two pages, so I would not say that it was for most of the game.
You are right, it wasn't most of the game. I messed that one up.
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Kyiv »

Hello replacements! The biggest reason for my vote was because Medix was a very good informational lynch, and he had a few scum vibes too. But he's been replaced and that annoys me, but no reason to take it out on Gayle =P

Unvote

Lastsurvivor wrote:Kyiv, a couple pages ago, you put an IGMEOY onto Patriots. What about his behavior do you not like, and do you still think that you need that IGMEOY?
Err... yes? Why would you ask me this question right after I posted my case on Patriots? Did you miss it?
TTFN
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Gayle »

Well, I think Kunk and PD are scumbuddies. They rarely acknowledge each others existance, and certainly never question each other. I think Kunk went for the easy Medix bandwagon. PD tried to join the wagon, but questioning from LS prevented that. Also, both of them only have a single page of posts.

PD-PD needed justification for putting Medix at L-1, so he gave Medix a deadline.
-When LS called him out on rushing the the lynch, he essentially advocates a policy lynch.
-When LS explains that even if that is the case, there is no reason to rush the lynch, PD backs off.
-When LS questions about lynching a possible replacement, PD sets the groundwork for justifying the vote later.
-When LS asks him if town should only lynch those they believe to be scum, PD advocates a policy lynch again.

I meant to put one for kunk here as well, but I think I better review first.
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

Gayle wrote:Well, I think Kunk and PD are scumbuddies. They rarely acknowledge each others existance, and certainly never question each other.
Just in case you missed it, I said that Kunk is third on my list of scum

Gayle
Michel
Kunk

And inb4 "now he just trying to distance himself away from his partner"
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I've got alot on my plate right now. I'm modding some mafia games on other sites.

@gayle: When I replace I usually don't read the pages I missed. When there aren't too many pages I skim through them
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Gayle »

Hmm, my case on kunk is substantially weaker than my case on PD.

The KunkI think that his attack on MT didn't pan out, so he switched to Medix, who was a much easier target.
-Claims putting someone at L-1 is good for pressure.
-Says his vote on Medix was because of Medix's lack of content. Aka Policy Lynch.
-Agrees with Michel, but keeps his vote on Medix.
-Quickly tries to discredit me though I had posted very little.
-Later claims that he was agreeing with me rather than attacking me.
-Blows off the last two points with a 'That's cool' and changes the subject.
PD wrote:Just in case you missed it, I said that Kunk is third on my list of scum

Gayle
Michel
Kunk

I did miss that. Still think you are his scumbuddy though. Why do you suspect him?

Another thing, I think trying to put words into my mouth and using 'inb4' to discredit a possible future argument is scummy. If you know it is coming, how about you explain why it isn't distancing, instead of just 'inb4'?

Also, I wasn't going to say that so there!
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Gayle »

Flareonage wrote:I've got alot on my plate right now. I'm modding some mafia games on other sites.
There are only a few days until deadline. When you join a game, you commit to make time for that game. If you don't have enough time, replace out.
Flareonage wrote:@gayle: When I replace I usually don't read the pages I missed. When there aren't too many pages I skim through them
Terribly bad idea, especially this close to deadline. How are you supposed to form opinions on the players? How can you justify any vote whatsoever if you haven't even read the thread? Seems that you don't care whether the person about to be lynched is townie or not. You know who doesn't care? Scum.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Gayle »

@PD: I'm having trouble finding your list of scum. Do you remember what post it was in?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Gayle »

Because I want to keep my combo going, I want to say that the reason I am keeping my vote on kunk over PD, even though I've said my case on PD is stronger, is because kunk is the more dangerous of the two. Also, he has yet to respond to me.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Gayle wrote:1.There are only a few days until deadline. When you join a game, you commit to make time for that game. If you don't have enough time, replace out.
2.Terribly bad idea, especially this close to deadline. How are you supposed to form opinions on the players? How can you justify any vote whatsoever if you haven't even read the thread? Seems that you don't care whether the person about to be lynched is townie or not. You know who doesn't care? Scum.
1. I'm not gonna be busy for 2 days straight

2. That would make sense if I were scum in every game I replaced into
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Gayle »

Gayle wrote:Terribly bad idea, especially this close to deadline. How are you supposed to form opinions on the players? How can you justify any vote whatsoever if you haven't even read the thread? Seems that you don't care whether the person about to be lynched is townie or not. You know who doesn't care? Scum.
Flareonage wrote:That would make sense if I were scum in every game I replaced into
Excuse me, what? It is a terribly bad idea no matter whether you are scum or town, no matter how many times you do it.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Gayle »

@Flareonage: What do you think of the Medix bandwagon?
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Kyiv wrote:Hello replacements! The biggest reason for my vote was because Medix was a very good informational lynch, and he had a few scum vibes too. But he's been replaced and that annoys me, but no reason to take it out on Gayle =P

Unvote

Lastsurvivor wrote:Kyiv, a couple pages ago, you put an IGMEOY onto Patriots. What about his behavior do you not like, and do you still think that you need that IGMEOY?
Err... yes? Why would you ask me this question right after I posted my case on Patriots? Did you miss it?
Oh, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What did you feel about him then, unless your feelings were exactly the same. I kind of misinterpreted your post, and now that I look back at it, I'm sure your answer will be similar, so sorry about that too.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Almightybob wrote:So voting him for not making attempts to start discussion would be bad, but voting him for not making attempts to start discussion while trying to prompt it from others is good?
If you call saying "there needs to be more discussion" trying to prompt discussion from others, then yes. Personally I call that "look how town I am" though.

The explanation of the votes of Kunkstar and RandomMaster imply that the main reason they wanted to lynch Medix is that he is not a loss for the town if it turns out that he is pro-town when he is lynched. Whether or not Medix is scum seems to have a far lower priority for them. Unfortunately, if you don't focus on the player you're voting actually being scum, you usually end up lynching village idiots and unhelpful townies, rather then actual scum.

The focus in my Patriots vote, on the other hand, is in the fact that I believe him to be scum. If town actually wanted to see discussion, they would have attempted to start it themselves. If town didn't actually want to see discussion, they wouldn't have said that they wanted discussion. The fact that Patriots says he wants discussion, but doesn't do anything to start it, makes me believe that he is not town, and therefore scum.
Gayle wrote:By policy lynch here, I mean voting for Medix because even if he isn't scum, he isn't helpful to town. It seems to me the better option would be to have him replaced.
I am very strongly opposed to this notion that someone who isn't helpful should be replaced. No matter how bad a player is, he has the right to play the game. Furthermore, replacements severely hurt the game. They shouldn't happen when they are not strictly necessary. The only acceptable reason to replace someone is if they simply aren't there.
Patriots wrote:But before I start the bulk of my post I would just like to ask if we should take into account of how Medix played or how Magic Trainer played when we are voting for either Gayle or Flareonage?
Yes, definately. They had the same roles, so the behaviour of the original players should give information on the alignement of the replacements.
Patriots wrote:And you asked me who I thought was Medix's partner if he was scum. I would have to say you and Kunk in that order. Michel, I know that "policy lynches" have a high chance of a mislynch but in post 157 you said that you would be willing to vote Medix if he doesn't give an opinion on the matter. Maybe you're trying to protect your partner from getting lynched...
I'm still willing to lynch Gayle because Medix didn't participate. However, I believe that in you I've found a far more likely scum. Also, when you are accusing me of trying to protect Medix, please keep in mind that I started the wagon on Medix in the first place, and that my statement that I would be willing to lynch him also isn't very indicative of protecting a partner.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:13 am

Post by almightybob »

Gayle wrote:Thing is, I wasn't trying to claim at all.
Then why did you post it? And why did you then say-
Gayle wrote:But fact is he
[Medix]
is a townie that was put at L-1/[.quote]

Because the way you're phrasing it both times makes it seem like it's an evaluation of another player, not yourself. And the latter is a softclaim if ever there was one.
Did nobody else find this strange?
MS wrote:Personally I call that "look how town I am" though.
Ah OK, I think I see where you're coming from now.

Well the Medix wagon seems to be dying out since Gayle is contributing far more. In retrospect Medix may have just lacked knowledge of how to defend himself.
I'm going to iso PD and see what comes up, some good points have been raised against him.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 am

Post by almightybob »

Gah, stupid tags. The one time I don't preview.
I'm a townie! Honest!

RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 am

Post by RandomMaster »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:
Gayle wrote:Well, I think Kunk and PD are scumbuddies. They rarely acknowledge each others existance, and certainly never question each other.
Just in case you missed it, I said that Kunk is third on my list of scum

Gayle
Michel
Kunk

You never mentionned this in any of your other posts, I checked. Since Gayle already asked you what makes you suspicious of Kunk, I'll add to that and ask the same quesiton but towards Michel and Gayle. Also, you still have your random vote on Kyiv, but yet you say that you are suspicious of Gayle, Michel and Kunk? Why are you keeping that random vote, if you are more suspicious of others?

Flareonage, who do you think is scum and pro-town in your view? You still haven't given us your actual opinion on the game yet.

It seems that my point of view on Medix/Gayle has changed. Now that I reread, it seems that I thought he was scum BECAUSE he wasn't posting at all and not helping. Seems that Gayle is actually participating and making discussions. So,
unvote.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:37 am

Post by RandomMaster »

Wanted to add for the reason behind the unvote is that there are more suspicious people than him at the moment.
PatriotsDynasty09
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
PatriotsDynasty09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:15 am

Post by PatriotsDynasty09 »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote: And you asked me who I thought was Medix's partner if he was scum. I would have to say you and Kunk in that order. Michel, I know that "policy lynches" have a high chance of a mislynch but in post 157 you said that you would be willing to vote Medix if he doesn't give an opinion on the matter. Maybe you're trying to protect your partner from getting lynched...
I am a little pressed for time right now but I wanted to post this to show you guys where I created my order of who I think is scum.

I'll post something later on today
Patriots Record 09-10: 10-6

Lost in the First Round of the Playoffs to the Ravens...Next Year for Sure!!!!
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:49 am

Post by RandomMaster »

PatriotsDynasty09 wrote:
PatriotsDynasty09 wrote: And you asked me who I thought was Medix's partner if he was scum. I would have to say you and Kunk in that order. Michel, I know that "policy lynches" have a high chance of a mislynch but in post 157 you said that you would be willing to vote Medix if he doesn't give an opinion on the matter. Maybe you're trying to protect your partner from getting lynched...
I am a little pressed for time right now but I wanted to post this to show you guys where I created my order of who I think is scum.

I'll post something later on today
Must have missed that, but I would still like to hear your answers to the questions I asked in post 271 later on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”