Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Iecerint wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, that's just Sajin. I think he believed he had to make flavorful posts early on or they'd be censored, but it turned out that he overestimated how flavorful they had to be at first.

There was a mechanic D1 where players had to type "I'll help you!" to get Sajin out of his ModVoice post restriction. My guess is that those are just random players he chose. I am taking a wait-and-see attitude.
That clears things up a bit. The next post goes on claiming that plum is a poor choice for a lynch. The light is strong within him

Plum did turn out to be Sora and the one character that the light is strongest in.

Did Sajin know more then you guys thought he did? Or is it just a coincidence?
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Slicey wrote:
Plum would be a poor choice to plunge into darkness. She is actively fighting for the light.
This is in the post right after the last one I quoted
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Gorrad wrote:
Slicey wrote:
"Simply concentrate on it with all your heart, and you need only say the word to summon an ally who will help in times of need."
!

COURAGE!
I just noticed this in the process of checking. People who know the flavor -- does this exchange mean anything to you? It appears to mean something to Gorrad.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Slicey wrote:

Gorrad, Gorrad, Gorrad.....

You better help me.

[/i]
Slicey wrote:
Gorrad- Will you help me?
Slicey wrote:
@Zito: I have information. Yes

I have opinions on people. Yes

Am I trying to pass off my opinions for fact? No.
The last one is evidence that the first 2 were a cry to help to the leader of the nobodies. Maybe Sajin is a nobody and that's why he kept asking their leader for help.

If I were Gorrad I would find it odd that I was being singled out like that and I would believe that he wanted me to help him so he could help me
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Iecerint wrote:I love Sajin. Literally the scummiest town player ever.

He's not very scummy this game, though. He is probably scum, then. Except that he's DiZ. :P
Now this comment makes sense.

When Sajin was speaking through the mod he repeatedly said that fishing for his character would only hurt the town. He could've been telling the truth or he didn't want anyone to know he's scum

I've thought of 2 character possibilities but they would both be town aligned. I'm gonna stop fishing now until I see others thoughts
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Can you think of a Nobody who would be in the Void or whatever like that? I had been thinking DiZ because he was put in the Void or something by his apprentices, but I don't know how he gets out, so I was mostly just making it up.

Looking back -- I was toying with the idea that Sajin is an initially unaligned summon (maybe Neutral Survivor) who knows the scumlords' identities. The first player to summon him/help him recruits him for the game. That's what the COURAGE bit looks like to me, but I don't really remember KH that well.

Gorrad is the first to type COURAGE, and he's the first to type "I'll help you." Plum is the first to type "I'll help you," in bold, though. So this could kinda go either way depending upon how mechanics work out. However, Sajin joining the Nobodies D2 would fit with Gorrad recruiting him. It would also explain why Plum died N2. She had been under a lot of scrutiny as potential scum before that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Iecerint »

To clarify, he knows Xemnas and Sora. Not just the scumlords.

I understand that that is HEAVY on the speculation. But I figure Sajin's well is already poisoned, anyway, and I couldn't help but think about this when you mentioned the two players Sajin singled-out.

The problem with the idea is that the Heartless are out of the loop. Or Maleficent/Xehanort's Heartless (whichever) is a player Sajin isn't fond of.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Iecerint wrote: Or Maleficent/Xehanort's Heartless (whichever) is a player Sajin isn't fond of.
Could you point out the post you're referring to so I know what you're talking about?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Kise »

Ehh.. I recall Zito vehemently saying that the modvoice was anti-town for withhold info or some jazz like that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

There's no post. I just think that if a role like the one I'm postulating were in the game, I would expect all factions to have access to it. It's possible that it could be balanced other ways, but all-access seems like less of a headache.

So, if the role exists, either Sajin doesn't know who HeartlessLord is (so he didn't ask for his/her help), or he realized that HeartlessLord was a player he wasn't as comfortable joining as Plum or Gorrad (so he slyly only listed their names).

The much-simpler-but-quite-low-probability alternative is that he just happened to pick players with high flavor significance.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Kise »

Slicey wrote:
The light is strong within Plum, Gorrad and Reckoner.
Sajin didn't know nothing about alignments. Case closed.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Flareonage »

When was it discovered that Sajin was the modvoice? What phase?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

No particular phase. We just assumed it when Sajin never posted, but the Mod wouldn't prod him or anything.

I checked Kise's quote, and it looks like it's before anyone helped him. So that does support that it's all a wild coincidence. Could just be that he was just playing both sides, though.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Sajin »

Iecerint wrote:Also -- Sajin made a Die Hard allusion in the middle of all that. Is that a board meme or something? It went over my head.
It is a reference to FF mafia (which ended recently) where I lynched Kise as the mafia roleblocker when I was the cop and the only info I had was that I was roleblocked, town roleblocker was already dead. Snow White understands the reference too I imagine.

Your missing the game balance arguments that I used. And my inate scum read I had on you to begin with but sure. I figured it was ML/LO at the time and I had an innocent and confirmed sanity so I figured it was worth the shot.

This is fairly offtopic though. Can we stay on topic please?

I read Kise pretty well. I think he is town this game. Kise knew exactly what I was asking him.

@Rayfrost- why do you insist on lynching Ace before he tells us what happens with his ability? Even if he is town and roleblocked, that gives us info or frees of DGB to give more info or they both claim roleblocked which ALSO gives us more info. Or he is killed and it removes someone that was likely to be lynched otherwise. Wanting to lynch him now is a waste of resources.

Also, Diz is one of the main characters in Kingdomhearts 2. He would assuredly be anti nobody/town if he was in the game imo. (neither confirming nor denying that this could be me)

@Ace- I would like you to clarify with the mod about your super cop ability. Since it gives you the role PM would this be effective on a miller like DGB? or a investigation immune godfather? Please ask and get back to the thread.

@Iec- Scummiest town player ever? Eh. I generally have a strong day 1 a weak middle game and a very strong game towards LY/LO.

Let's not speculate, please.

Can we lynch Raider already?

@Shotty- What is your reasoning for defending Raider?
Kise wrote:Should we go back to mass-nameclaiming?
Hell no.

@Flare- I wrote that. All of Slicey's italicized posts were from me. They only occur on day 1. And no I am not answering that.

There is speculation of my meta, my role and my like or dislike of JPRGs on one page. Sheesh.

I had town reads on both of Plum and Gorrad. (and more were listed later as well as my scum candidates). That is all it was. Its easier for me to get reads on players I have played with before (and most of my reads were on players I have played with or been modded under before)

Speculation is bad. Incomplete speculation is REALLY bad.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Ok, I'll shut up now.

I thought maybe I was helping by providing a fresh opinion on the matter
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Iecerint »

You're also the towniest scum ever, if WoT mafia is any indication.

What do you mean by "incomplete speculation"?
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Flareonage »

2 questions. 1 for Sajin, the other for anyone who answers

1. Sajin, so you're saying it's just a coincidence that you called out the main hero and the main villian in your first mod post? Then you shifted your attention to the nobody leader, then you began questioning the nobody leader and Zito, another confirmed Nobody

2. Is speculating about scum roles bad? I understand why speculating about town roles hurts the town. Does that logic apply to speculating about scum roles?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Kise »

Speculating about scum roles is not bad, but more often than not it can be pointless. If the motivation for this kind of speculation is because someone thinks a mafia role had an effect on what happened during the night or with their action/ability, then I guess it's fine. I myself am the type to just play, so to each his own.

Just don't get to the point where it's confusing everyone into believing the speculation as fact.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Repetition
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Metagaming
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

This week has sucked 12+ hr work days and all sorts of bad ju ju. At least there's a 3 day weekend.

I have about 15 pages to catch up on so bear with me guys.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

SW wrote:@Shotty. You are aware your the first person to say that? =) But in regard to ace i think his claim is enough for him not be a lynch target. Its likely, he'll either be roleblocked or killed. If he is scum its a very gutsy claim and one im inclined to dismiss
I suppose that's true enough.
Sajin wrote:@Shotty- What is your reasoning for defending Raider?
The case on him is based around him being a Nobody which doesn't make any sense given his interactions with confirmed Nobody players.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Ugh fucking lag, can you clean that up, Slicey? I apologize.

Triple post deleted. ~Slicey~
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Snow White
1. If we entertain your SK theory, that means one mafia faction cannot kill because we would have 3 kills or the other explanation is that one mafia faction is not killing.

1a. The more likely reasoning is that scum has a better secondary ability which they would choose over NKing.

2. Actually, I don't have time now, but Heartless scum would tunnel hard on finding the last nobody scum to reduce the chance of (two cross kills if we count Gorrad and SSK/Cobalt :3) crosskilling. Plus it gives them a chance on

@Icerent/Kise/Raider/Ace/RayFrost/Wolf

"cough" You are suffering from Gorradism. Are you seriously doing this? like for reals? The point is to catch scum. Their roles are irrelevant. Their role names, are irrelevant. Why?

They are just going to fake claim a safe claim anyways. Unless all 6 of you are role cops, this speculation is deemed as fluff.

@DGB
You are scummy for fanning the flames for this "flavour scum hunting"

@Ice
So specific, and so anti-town. Why are you role speculating Sajin? You are Gorrad 2.0. Giving DGB/Diz a Riku claim. Giving you a Captian Jack claim. Spoon feeding KH flavour in the most anti-town nature. Your recent posts = scummy.

@Ice/Flare

You do realize that Beast got lynched and Aladdin got mod killed. Again, if they weren't flipped already, why are you literally, discussing townie people and scummy roles again? Especially given that we still killed SSK for claiming Mulan, killed Cobalt for claiming Mickey, and lynched Zito for claiming Donald. 2/3 characters showing more significance then Beast/Aladdin and Mulan being on par as a party member.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 am

Post by DTMaster »

Missed the last page.

@Kise

Dude. The only way we could speculate night actions if
we full claim all actions.
We are missing half the equation: like who else did the RBer block, etc....

Hence why I asked DGB. If she is the town tracker, Mae blocked Papa Zito.

That means Papa didn't kill n1, and couldn't steal. If he didn't kill he tried to steal to get role information based on the 2 kills. Based on the flavour.... blah blah blah.

What we know: Mae jailkept someone.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Iecerint »

Roles are relevant because part of finding scum right now is determining whether or not raider is scum. A major point some have interpreted against him is the claim that Scar is in the game. Flare was trying to determine whether there was evidence from the flips thus far that Scar was highly likely to unlikely to be present. So I think that that speculation wasn't scummy or unhelpful at all.

I agree that I shouldn't have mentioned that about Sajin. I sorry.

Gorrad didn't actually give me the JS safeclaim. He mentioned a bunch of possible scum roles (including Smee!) and voted me, arguing that there wasn't a town gun user. I think someone else did bring up my role before I could claim it, though, in the context of asking what the hell Gorrad was talking about.

I'm reading to lynch raider or Kise. I think both players are reasonably likely to be scum. I am annoyed by all the non-voters who don't seem to want things to get moving AND don't bring up their own conversation topics. Discussion is pro-town, but lagging to deadline so everyone forgets everything isn't helpful.

I think the last Nobody scum would also "tunnel hard" on "finding" the last Nobody scum. That's why DGB's mention of Starbuck is reasonable. I doubt she's Heartless, though, since Plum almost certainly investigated her N1.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Iecerint »

Roles are relevant because part of finding scum right now is determining whether or not raider is scum. A major point some have interpreted against him is the claim that Scar is in the game. Flare was trying to determine whether there was evidence from the flips thus far that Scar was highly likely to unlikely to be present. So I think that that speculation wasn't scummy or unhelpful at all.

I agree that I shouldn't have mentioned that about Sajin. I sorry.

Gorrad didn't actually give me the JS safeclaim. He mentioned a bunch of possible scum roles (including Smee!) and voted me, arguing that there wasn't a town gun user. I think someone else did bring up my role before I could claim it, though, in the context of asking what the hell Gorrad was talking about.

I'm reading to lynch raider or Kise. I think both players are reasonably likely to be scum. I am annoyed by all the non-voters who don't seem to want things to get moving AND don't bring up their own conversation topics. Discussion is pro-town, but lagging to deadline so everyone forgets everything isn't helpful.

I think the last Nobody scum would also "tunnel hard" on "finding" the last Nobody scum. That's why DGB's mention of Starbuck is reasonable. I doubt she's Heartless, though, since Plum almost certainly investigated her N1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”